Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 4 Excitement Thread!

The moment I realized how different this team is from almost all previous Texans teams came on the first drive.

When the Stroud TD was overturned on review.
The Stroud QB sneak TD was brought back by a false start.
The Pearce TD was brought back by ineligible man down field.

At that point I know for sure I wasn't the only one thinking... same old Texans smgdh.

But they wouldn't be denied. Stroud wouldn't be denied.

I knew at that point that this team is unlike any one before it.

Amplifying factors along the way that reinforced that feeling:
Various types of screen passes that actually worked and gained nice yardage.
A half back pass that actually worked and scored a TD.
Multiple 3rd and long situations that were converted with what seemed like considerable ease.

Every aspect of this team feels... competent.

This team feels different, for sure. But I have to find a way to temper my enthusiasm. It's probably a little early to be too confident
What I liked about that first touchdown, was how quickly they got to the line of scrimmage after DP run. They didn’t let the defense get settled.

When that meteor landed in the Gulf of Mexico.

Also, at that time, the Houston Velociraptors were beating the crap out of the Dallas Groundsquirrels, having them for lunch. To bad they couldn't finish the game, it would have been glorious.

Drink Up! I'm bringing the extra large economy size.

71hMSZ-Wp4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Just don't bring the Jonestown or Heavens Gate flavor.

I am excited for the team, but I am also excited for the board.

I keep seeing some old names that disappeared for a few years ago (understandably so) show up more and more frequently.

It will add to more healthy conversations.

If a team wins it puts butts in seats and fingers on keyboards.

It's nice to feel something besides frustration and anger when I think about the Texans. Bill O'Brien did more to harm the cause of professional football in Houston than anyone since Bud Adams. His regime was just bad. It left a bad taste in your mouth. His interviews, his decisions, and the kind of football he seemed to be a proponent of. It wasn't a fun team to watch even when he first got here and we had great talent. He and the toads he had under him called a really boring and predictable offense.

The thing that keeps pulling me in with this group is how similar this is to the career start of David Carr. Top of the first round rookie QB, highly touted with (presumably) all the tools and a problem from day one with his OL. Consider how similar these two career beginnings are and then look at how different they're turning out. Stroud is doing things in week four that David Carr never did and he's coping with the exact same kind of protection issues. This is amazing to watch.
Difference is Stroud puts the work in, Carr wasn't so committed to that.

At the beginning of the 2nd half, the Steelers moved the ball and the terrible towels started waving again after being subdued in the first half. Texans went 3 and out, more towel waving. Steelers march on their 2nd drive of the half and the terrible towels are waving more now. You can sense the momentum was changing in the stadium.

But the Texans D held the Steelers to two field goals and that prevented the tide from turning. 2 TD's or 1 TD and a field goal would have made the score 16-14 or 16-10.
But the 16-6 score kept the momentum in the Texan's favor and they responded by closing the deal with big back-breaking plays. 30-6.

This game will fuel the Texans confidence.

I guess I dont care what others think.

I only care about championships. Isn't this all that's really relevant? Do this and what you want will come to be.

What's this "championship" you speak of? :)

I dunno, my beef was with the Texans not getting a prime time game. That was the league saying "you suck and will continue to suck" (and we did - last year). I'm a fan of the NFL but for a "parity" league, they sure have their favorites (ratings, $$$) when it comes to the prime time games. I thought all teams were supposed to get at least one prime time game.

You are right and have a good point but it was the other guy who mentioned "national pub".

I could say more but since this is the "Week 4 excitement thread"...

I guess I dont care what others think.

I only care about championships. Isn't this all that's really relevant? Do this and what you want will come to be.
Well, I agree with this, but championships are hard to come by even for the best.

While championships are the goal (obviously) all I have wanted from my team is a competent and competitive team.

I don't REALLY care what others think HOWEVER I also want them to not see us on the schedule and think "stats day".

IF my team is good, constantly good, growing and is not viewed as a pushover by result of them being a good team... Im happy.

Because if they are good, they will destroy the bad teams, and if they continue to grow and stay consistently good... they WILL get the Championship eventually even if they fall just short of it now and then.

At the beginning of the 2nd half, the Steelers moved the ball and the terrible towels started waving again after being subdued in the first half. Texans went 3 and out, more towel waving. Steelers march on their 2nd drive of the half and the terrible towels are waving more now. You can sense the momentum was changing in the stadium.

But the Texans D held the Steelers to two field goals and that prevented the tide from turning. 2 TD's or 1 TD and a field goal would have made the score 16-14 or 16-10.
But the 16-6 score kept the momentum in the Texan's favor and they responded by closing the deal with big back-breaking plays. 30-6.

This game will fuel the Texans confidence.
Too many damn Yankees have moved to Texas over the years and they could give a **** about our culture. I remember stories of Oiler and Texans fans being harassed and attacked up in Pissburgh

Too many damn Yankees have moved to Texas over the years and they could give a **** about our culture. I remember stories of Oiler and Texans fans being harassed and attacked up in Pissburgh
I was one of those when I was a kid. A fight broke out and our group ended up being jumped.

Alcohol sucks sometimes. Takes away from fun that don’t need taking away from. It’s football, yo.

Back