Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 2...The Test...Kansas City Chiefs!!!

I'm not arguing that he isn't a good TE. I'm just saying that there was only twice last season he went over 100 yards, and both were against the Texans. There is a reason for that, and it had a lot more to do with the Texans than it does with Kelce. It's not disrespectful to him to say that he plays a position that could exploit the glaring weakness in the Texans defense, and Andy Reid was smart enough to do just that in his play calling.
Well let's hope RAC finds away to keep it from happening again.

2 things....

1. I read somewhere that Jamaal Charles will still be out for our game. anyone confirm?

and B. We need a fast start in this game for once in our lives. Playing from behind is never fun. Get the lead, step on their throats and make it a boring game

The only thing it's telling is that money wasn't moving at pick 'em or 1.5. Odds are only for generating interest in betting and not a true reflection of who has a better shot at winning.

Although that's true, you can consider it a gauge for who the general public believes is going to win. Not that the general public is right, but this can be a useful piece of information.

2 things....

1. I read somewhere that Jamaal Charles will still be out for our game. anyone confirm?

Nothing official from the team but I'd be surprised if he played. Missed preseason, missed week 1, and apparently his knee is not 100%. With Spencer Ware playing well last week, I don't see KC rushing Charles back.

Nothing official from the team but I'd be surprised if he played. Missed preseason, missed week 1, and apparently his knee is not 100%. With Spencer Ware playing well last week, I don't see KC rushing Charles back.

He hasn't started fully practicing yet so I doubt we see him as well.

What are everyone's thoughts on Brian Peters in coverage on Kelce?
one on one? heck no. with safety help maybe. Thing is you can't cover him all game. Just minimize big plays from him. Force Alex smith to check down to him rather throw to a wide open Kelce along the sidelines. I would honestly rather take a jump ball with Maclin and Joseph. Key in this game is not blitz Alex too much weird as that seems. He's a great check down QB and can run. Make him throw under our coverage, and hold to field goals. Problem with this is, we have to score points to win this game. Low scoring game I don't think we win.

Know Your Foe: Kansas City Chiefs

The Kansas City Chiefs’ last two playoff wins have spanned the past 23 years. Unfortunately, both of those have come over Houston teams. Prior to the 2015 season, the last playoff win for the Chiefs came in the building to our left over the 1993 Houston Oilers with Joe Montana and Marcus Allen leading the way in an AFC Divisional playoff win....

ale Robertson @sportywineguy

Broncos 7-1 vs. Chiefs when Brock @bosweiler17 was there, winning the first 7. He was part of all those game plans.

He kept his notebooks.

heard-we-were-doing-john-madden-quotes-53684.png

One thing to consider is that Brock Osweiller was on a team in the same division as the Chiefs. The Broncos. He was involved in game plans against that team for 4 years. That's 8 games. Out of the 8 games, the Broncos won 7 of them. Something to consider.

Last edited:
I'm seeing so much that gives me confidence that the Texans could win this game. Brock knows this team very well. That could be a huge difference over Hoyer. Hoyer was bad in both of those games. I don't think Brock will be.

I'm seeing so much that gives me confidence that the Texans could win this game. Brock knows this team very well. That could be a huge difference over Hoyer. Hoyer was bad in both of those games. I don't think Brock will be.
i agree with that Brock has knowledge about the Chiefs given that he's been in that division since he got here, but he's still so new with our team he has to keep practicing with our guys to get Nsync... just like you said in a post in another forum, we will be better next year, but i love your enthusiasm. To me though, it's actually going to come down to fundamentals of just football in general, especially defense. Honestly it doesn't matter how many times he's seen the chiefs per year.

More on defense this game, IMO, straight up just basic football, because you can't be too fancy defensively with the chiefs. that's a no brainer they've been together too long with a strong mind offensively behind the offense. so defensively, how can we get the advantage, easily just blitz and man coverage .. no no no no no no no no, we have to sit and wait for them. the chiefs in my opinion are better under pressure, they're a weird team to me. They don't fold under pressure, but they don't thrive in situation that are open for them. ABC defense. we have more talent on defense then they do on offense IMO.

2 things....

and B. We need a fast start in this game for once in our lives. Playing from behind is never fun. Get the lead, step on their throats and make it a boring game

He hasn't started fully practicing yet so I doubt we see him as well.

It was great to see the first game go our way. But the Texans cannot afford to get cocky...........they just conquered a team that is anything but a world beater. The Texans are going into this next game with only a 2 point Vegas advantage.........3 of those points are a gift of home field advantage.

I seriously doubt that there is a chance that Charles will play. He's lightly played with the scout team today.

Last edited:
Found these tidbits on a Chiefs site:

*Andy Reid has never lost to the Houston Texans (6-0)

*Smith improved his career record to 9-0 in games in when he rushes for a touchdown.

*In two career games vs. #Texans, @tkelce has 14 receptions for 234 yards & 2 TDs, including 3 plays of 25+ yards.

*Since the NFL institued the 16-game schedule in 1978:
554 teams won their openers… 288 went to the playoffs (173 won division titles)
555 teams lost openers… 134 went to the playoffs (77 won division titles)

Just play good red zone defense, make them drive, get some turn overs, and score on offense. No big free plays. Trade TD's for field goals. 21-15 Texans, yep, 5 field goals

Well would you say 6th best out of 32 tight ends in the league doesn’t deserve some kind of respect? That's still pretty damn good. He will need to be slowed down however you look at it. Whether he is single, double, or triple teamed, the Texans need to keep him from making big plays.

If you take out that monster 6-106-2 stat line that he hung on the Texans (and 8-128 in the playoffs) then per-game stats would probably drop him even lower than 6th best TE.. Texans make all TE's look good, and all good TE's look super-elite.

You still don't assign a LB, CB, and S to bracket him all game tho..

Reactions: ROO
I watched the Chiefs/Chargers game last night and this is far from a cakewalk. If the Texans come out slow or sloppy, they will get whipped again.

I watched the Chiefs/Chargers game last night and this is far from a cakewalk. If the Texans come out slow or sloppy, they will get whipped again.

The Chiefs are a good team. Reid is a good coach.

This is going to be a tough game that could go either way.

The Chiefs are a good team. Reid is a good coach.

This is going to be a tough game that could go either way.
After two very serious azz-stompings by the Chiefsa in NRG last year how could you possibly come to any other conclusion ? But yea we should be atleast in this one.

We are just 3 days away from this game and I'm getting HYPED!
There is a distinct possibility the Texans could shock the Chiefs. Osweiller knows them well. Watt will be out to destroy Fisher. Clowney is turning out to be the beast he was drafted to be. Mercilus is completely merciless.
Fuller is the deep threat we were hoping to see. I'm sure Brock will clean up his mistakes and start hitting those deep patterns more effectively. That's another thing. Brock is not afraid to go deep. He shows none of the characteristics of a Hoyer type. The Texans could very well shock the Chiefs and beat them badly.
The Chiefs will be without Jamaal Charles on offense and Justin Houston on defense. The Texans could really take advantage of this and go hard after them on both sides of the ball.
Then there is special teams. The Texans are far and away improved in all phases of special teams over any thing we've seen in years. Ervin could make that one move he's been deprived of and have a really good return, maybe even return one all the way.
No way the Chiefs return the first kick like they did in the playoffs.
I'm excited about this game.
The Chiefs looked bad against the Chargers until Allen went out. The Chargers offense went into the toilet after that and their defense gave up.
If the Texans get up on the Chiefs, I just don't see that happening.
And quite frankly, The Texans are much better then the Chargers. Had that game been in San Diego, I don't think the Chiefs would have won it.

This is why Brock is getting $37M guaranteed. Games like this one.

Well, that & the Broncos didn't give up at 3 years $15M.

Brock in his team stopped the negotiations with the Broncos. They were willing to offer more.

Yes he was brought here to help win games and lead this ship to the promise land (The SuperBowl)

this one should be ours.

we have enough tape on the chiefs and brock should have some ideas as well from the denver broncos gameplan against them the last 4 years.

Madden Matchup: Texans vs. Chiefs

Let's state the facts here.

Number of Madden Matchup previews I've written: 1
Number of Texans regular season wins: 1

Is it a coincidence that the Texans win every time I write this article? Is it just happenstance that when Madden stories start back up, wins follow?....

2 problems with the Madden Matchup this week. First, The madden match up included Justin Houston who will not play .
Second, it included Jamaal Charles who is doubtful for the game.
Another thing is that Spencer Ware is suffering from turf toe and even if he does play, will have a very hard time making cuts and getting up field.
One more. Tamba Hali has a knee problem that could slow him down if he plays.
In spite of the Madden 17 outcome, I think the Texans win this.

Reactions: ROO
Just 2 more days. I have the feeling we're going to see the Texans offense put it all together and be the quick strike offense we were teased with last week. Osweiller gets measurably better with each game. Fuller is a very dangerous, quick strike deep threat. Lamar is a real work horse with quick strike abilities himself. Braxton is just waiting for that one chance to bust open a big play. DHop is primed to have his big game. Ervin is a threat to bust out a big return at any time.
The defense is well, just dominating. They picked up right where they left off last year.
This could be the show we've always wanted to see from this team.
I'm so stoked and ready for some Texans football!

Last edited:
Just 2 more days. I have the feeling we're going to see the Texans offense put it all together and be the quick strike offense we were teased with last week. Osweiller gets measurably better with each game. Fuller is a very dangerous, quick strike deep threat. Lamar is a real work horse with quick strike abilities himself. Braxton is just waiting for that one chance to bust open a big play. DHop is primed to have his big game. Ervin is a threat to bust out a big return at any time.
The defense is well, just dominating. They picked up right where they left off last year.
This could be the show we've anyways wanted to see from this team.

I see us winning 28 to 24. What your saying is all true and i also believe there is something special about this team. The spirit of this team is special. Then when you think about the talent we can do big things this year.

This could be the show we've always wanted to see from this team.
While I am optimistic about this team, Os is not where he needs to be yet. If he keeps progressing maybe after the bye he will be what you seem to think he is already. The KC defense is better than Chicago so if if he is a little better than last week I do not expect more points this week and realistically less. I think the game will depend on our defense with Cush and possibly some Special Team help.

This game is not a gimmie and I think it will be had fought and close, maybe a last possession kind of game.

So... the road team doesn't do to well on Thursday nights right?
Ummmm....This game is going to be Sunday at noon dude. Let's worry about the Thursday night game against the Pats after Sunday. It's going to be tough though. Especially after 4 days from the last game. It'll be tough for them too.

Back