Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 2: Texans vs Titans Gameday Thread

THAT is the Houston Texans. 3rd ranked offense, 32nd ranked bonehead defense.

1-1.

I don't think I've been as happy to be .500 for a long time.

:fans::fans::fans:

OMFG!!!! They did it!! They showed some heart and f-ing nastiness and i could not get enough of it! Probably yelled enough to mess my voice up for the week! Still made some dumb mistakes, but how good does it feel to beat the tits in possom squallor!!!!

YES!!! YES!!!! O GOD YES!!!!!

:splits:

Great win!

The defense played a lot better in the second half, and the offense put up some points.

My biggest worry now is where has our running game gone?

Couldn't say it any better Thorn. Just, wow. Great effort by everyone today, even after the D gave up some boneheaded plays they stayed in there and kept battling, I couldn't be happier with this win. Just about everyone, including myself, had chalked this one up as a loss before the season even started.

With the Pats losing to the Jets today and the Texans beating the Titans in a brawl, I feel that the Texans are not as bad of team as we have thought they are.
The Texans effort today in no way resembled what we saw last week.

Even if the Texans had lost, that was one of craziest yet at the same time most intense football games I've seen in a loooooong time! WOW!!!! Texans getting a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge win is just icing on the cake! I lost my voice!

A lot of people here were saying that they just wanted heart, and didn't really mind if we chalked up a loss.

That must equate to an ecstatic Houston tonight!!!

We had gone down twice in that game, and looked like we shoulda lost and bounced back. We had a nice brawl to try and cover each other's backs. Kubiak didn't do too badly, nice call to keep the drive going on the QB sneak on 4th down.

This day is a great one. :texflag:

I guess I'm hard to please. If the Texans could make tackles, and not give up big plays, I'd be happy. I'm ecstatic with the win on the road, but I can't help but feel deep down the Tits were just a 3rd and 70 from winning the ballgame. I suppose my blood pressure being over norm isn't helping my outlook LOL

I've been one of the biggest Slaton advocates on here; after today's performance he needs to be benched. 2 fumbles is a no go for us. Sit on the bench, work out your problems and come back with a vengeance.

There is NO way, absolutely NO way the TEXANS win tomorrow. Just being realistic. On the road trying to steal a game from the home team that is also 0-1 that played pretty damned competitive to the defending superbowl champs......no way. No freaking way. This Texans team and coaching staff is gutless, heartless, passionless, weak minded, penalty-ridden, joke right now and I won't change my stance or spend one dollar on this team until they prove me wrong. Call me a non-fan or a fake-fan:bat: all you want, but I stick to those words. I hope M. Schaub is bringing his midol and feminine hygiene products b/c he is going to get manhandled out there.

Having said all that,

:fans::fans:

I'm watching every minute of that game and I hope I have to come back and eat my words:jogger::gun:

Man, I'm feasting on my words and I have to tell you it tastes pretty good.

nice reverse-jinx:fans:

I think j. jones and slaton need to sleep with the ball, walk with the ball, shower with the ball and otherwise practice holding on to the ball.

great game.

Fantastic win for the Texans. Perhaps they can still get it together and make a run at the playoffs.

The Jet's just beat the Patriots, so the Jet's are looking like the real thing.

What's more, the Jets host the Titans next week. If the Titans go 0-3, that will be very tough for them to bounce back from.

TWO WORDS: COURAGE AND STRENGTH. They didn't back down from the Tacks and they muscled past that defense...NO TURNOVERS! GREAT PASSING GAME! YES KUBES, WE ARE A PASSING TEAM!!!:fans:

From the gotitans.com message board:

"vBulletin Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. "

Oh, how bad I want to go view that train wreck!

Slaton Needs to go back down to last season's weight. I know it can't be done in a season...or maybe Tenn's run defense is still as good as ever...just that their pass rush is hurting without Big Fat Albert.

From the gotitans.com message board:

"vBulletin Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. "

Oh, how bad I want to go view that train wreck!

I've been trying to get in all afternoon, but they locked out the board. I even try register, but it's been telling me to screw off. Eh.

Pics; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=290920010

02d373f3-2f93-4c39-87d3-3c58fa999a74.jpg

687ce75b-f9e2-42f2-8fbe-52f943fe96e4.jpg

GAME OVER

b4fc3af3-764e-4b4a-a8ea-01f1b56e9134.jpg

From the attention our game has gotten on he NFLN post-game wind up show, I can only assume that we didn't play today.....all Packers, Bengals and others. Perhaps we won't get Re-Play after all!!!

I'm going to get my daughter to watch every game with me from now on. Last week she was at her Grandma's house, no more of that...... :heh:

From the attention our game has gotten on he NFLN post-game wind up show, I can only assume that we didn't play today.....all Packers, Bengals and others. Perhaps we won't get Re-Play after all!!!

They're all sheep-faced because all the pregame "analysts" said we didn't have a CHANCE.

Take THAT Marshall Faulk!!

:fans:

EDIT:
HT.com has the NFLN breakdown HERE

Last edited:
holy **** what a game!

i'm also glad to come to the forum and not see a hundred "fire kubiak" threads/posts. some posters were really getting under my skin.

Back