Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 Titans @ Texans

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I predicted two to four wins and they got to the top end of that prediction. I’ll take it.
I didn’t make a prediction. Based on the number of games against bad teams I saw six that we should compete well in. We played poorly against the Jets & Dolphins. I wasn’t expecting that. I didn’t like that.

but we played well against the Titans, twice & the Chargers. That’s 3 games I didn’t think we’d be in, winning 2.

mixed feelings but Mills & Collins play puts them over the top as far as my expectations went.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Mills could’ve put up much better numbers. This sudden opening up of the offense stinks to high heaven of sandbagging this game. Mills is ready to take the reins of this offense next season….and his growth could be eye-opening if Caserio gets the requisite chess pieces on offense.
Really don’t think it matters much if Kelly is still here. If the Texans really want to see what Mills is all about, they’ve got to get him out of this shit offense.

Number19

Hall of Fame
What changed in the second half?
According to Mills, at halftime, everyone was in agreement that the run game was not working and they needed to go to an uptempo game. Also they recognized the short game was not working and they had to go to the intermediate and long game.. With the uptempo game the Titans weren't able to change their defenses from play to play and the Texans pass game was able to take advantage.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
I predicted two to four wins and they got to the top end of that prediction. I’ll take it.
And again, even with a paltry record and it being another Corona bullshit season and with practically nothing on the team, we looked competitive in many many games.

I can stomach sucking if we're at least playing hard.

Wish I could say the same for 2024-2020.

Number19

Hall of Fame
This is the conundrum… was that his problem or was that the OC not knowing wth was going on?
According to Mills in his post game interview,, the Texans plan going into the game was to run the ball and use the short passing game. The Titans were ready for this and stopped the Texans from succeeding with their game plan. They made adjustment during halftime to go to an uptempo game and go to intermediate and long passes.
Edit: Actually it was a callin interview during the post game 610 show.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Mills could’ve put up much better numbers. This sudden opening up of the offense stinks to high heaven of sandbagging this game. Mills is ready to take the reins of this offense next season….and his growth could be eye-opening if Caserio gets the requisite chess pieces on offense.
This needs to happen.

austins23

Hall of Fame
According to Mills in his post game interview,, the Texans plan going into the game was to run the ball and use the short passing game. The Titans were ready for this and stopped the Texans from succeeding with their game plan. They made adjustment during halftime to go to an uptempo game and go to intermediate and long passes.
Edit: Actually it was a callin interview during the post game 610 show.
Titans are in the top 5 in rushing defense (think I heard this on the broadcast) so ya, let’s run the ball! Typical OB/Kelly crap!

I’m pleased with the second half performance though. Usually it’s pretty lame after halftime

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Titans are in the top 5 in rushing defense (think I heard this on the broadcast) so ya, let’s run the ball! Typical OB/Kelly crap!

I’m pleased with the second half performance though. Usually it’s pretty lame after halftime
Great post and the reason I hope McDaniels is the HC next year. This kind of crap wouldn't have happened.

Sad Culley/Kelly couldn't see the obvious.

Number19

Hall of Fame

Heard a strange comment on 610 following the game ( strange because it is contrary to popular opinion ).

It was OB who wanted a strong running game. After OB was fired last year, TK was free to run his offense. The Texans threw the ball more than most other teams.

This year, it's Culley who wants to run the ball. TK again is simply following the HC.

Implied was the thought that the Texans were not running TK's offense.