Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 Titans @ Texans

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Someone at NFL.com named Marc Ross is predicting a Texans win over the Titans on Week 18. Must be delirious with fever.

Marc Ross: The Texans upset the heavily favored Titans back in Week 11. Houston completes the season sweep to crush Tennessee's hopes of locking up the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs, as the Chiefs leapfrog the Titans after a win in Denver. Ryan Tannehill has averaged just 153 passing yards per game over the last five outings, and that won't be enough Sunday.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Division games are always closer than people expect. I'm still picking the Titans, but won't be too surprised with a Texans win.
Because this is the Texans last game............and it's against a division rival for whom they have no lost love.........and a win here would have neglible negative effects on the upcoming Draft.............I expect caution will be tossed to the wind with the offense and Mills let loose to play with wreckless abandon.............we may see a killer instinct appear where one has so far never been seen.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Because this is the Texans last game............and it's against a division rival for whom they have no lost love.........and a win here would have neglible negative effects on the upcoming Draft.............I expect caution will be tossed to the wind with the offense and Mills let loose to play with wreckless abandon.............we may see a killer instinct appear where one has so far never been seen.
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I like it anyway. LOL

Texian

Hall of Fame
Get that man a test kit, quick!
Well, Titans have clinched the division. So, they could be resting their starters for the playoffs. Titans also know a Texans win could drop them 2 - 3 slots in the draft. In the eyes of the Titans that would be a good thing.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Well, Titans have clinched the division. So, they could be resting their starters for the playoffs. Titans also know a Texans win could drop them 2 - 3 slots in the draft. In the eyes of the Titans that would be a good thing.
Titans are playing for the #1 seed. Bye and home field throughout the playoffs. No resting starters until they’re up 30 in the 2nd half.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The Texans had a 4-0 turnover advantage in the last game with the Titans driving for the go ahead score with 4 minutes left in the game. That ended on Tennessee’s 5th turnover.

I’ll go out on a limb and say the turnover situation doesn’t play out like that again, and the Titans take this one pretty handily.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Why not, I’ll play court fool and go ahead and predict a Texans win. Why? Because it would so be a Texans thing to do, win the one game they actually don’t want to win and move themselves out of perfect draft position while screwing over the Tits and helping the Chiefs.

If that’s not the Texans way I don’t know what is.

28-21 Texans.

Too much on the line this week for the Titans to sleepwalk this. 1st, its a division game. 2nd, it's a grudge match game since we lost the last time. But if we win, the 1st round bye is ours which is one less playoff game and one additional week for Derrick Henry to recover. If we can't win this game, we don't deserve a deep playoff run.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm now strongly pulling for a Texans victory, not that I'm expecting one, because I'm less concerned about our positioning in the Draft.
Thing about the Draft we are very likely going to add one or two first round picks by trading Tunsil prior to or during the 2022 Draft,
while Watsons fate is much more uncertain as we could obtain anywhere from 0 to 3 additional first round picks for Watson.
So in the 2022 Draft I think we will have anywhere from two to as many as four or even five first round picks, not to mention what else we might harvest in additional 2nd and/or higher round picks.
Bottom line is Casserio is gonna have lots and lots of ammo in the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft.
So I say go Texans, sweep the Titans !

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I'm now strongly pulling for a Texans victory, not that I'm expecting one, because I'm less concerned about our positioning in the Draft.
Thing about the Draft we are very likely going to add one or two first round picks by trading Tunsil prior to or during the 2022 Draft,
while Watsons fate is much more uncertain as we could obtain anywhere from 0 to 3 additional first round picks for Watson.
So in the 2022 Draft I think we will have anywhere from two to as many as four or even five first round picks, not to mention what else we might harvest in additional 2nd and/or higher round picks.
Bottom line is Casserio is gonna have lots and lots of ammo in the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft.
So I say go Texans, sweep the Titans !
I don't see us trading Tunsil, which of course doesn't mean the Texans won't. But the Watson stuff is so up-in-the-air I wouldn't count on a thing from that. It's unlikely he's coming out of all this unscathed. But to what degree is the question.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Whether first or not, who it should be is Kelly. If they don't let him go then they don't give a damn about the development of Mills, and this stuck in the mud franchise will continue spinning those wheels in that mud. We've had EIGHT YEARS of this offense. It's time for it to die.
It appears that Kelly will be here for the 2nd yr of the rebuild. I expect that the entire coaching staff will be let go after next yr. They want to keep continuity and Mills learning only 2 offenses in 3 yrs instead of 3 new offenses in 3 yrs.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't see us trading Tunsil, which of course doesn't mean the Texans won't. But the Watson stuff is so up-in-the-air I wouldn't count on a thing from that. It's unlikely he's coming out of all this unscathed. But to what degree is the question.
Agree with you about Watson which is why I say ultimately we may redeem zippo, nutin, 0 picks for him especially if he ends up wearing orange but on the other hand maybe he's a gold mine in high Draft picks for the Texans. Honestly who knows, way too up-in-the-air as you say ?
Well we will just have to disagree about Tunsils future.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
So…..do the Texans want to remain in the #3 slot more than the Titans want the AFC #1 seed? Texans get the 3 seed while opening the offense up for Mills and keeping the game interesting for the networks.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It appears that Kelly will be here for the 2nd yr of the rebuild
I don’t understand this.

If the only reason Kelly was kept was to appease Watson, that ship has sailed.

I was hoping Pep was here to learn the terminology then take over in 2022. Implement his philosophy with the EP terminology.

But now it looks like they believe Kelly brings something to the table.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don’t understand this.

I was hoping Pep was here to learn the terminology then take over in 2022. Implement his philosophy with the EP terminology.

I agree with you.

But apparently they are going to go with Kelly so Mills won't have to learn another offense. I can see McDaniels coming in 2023 and installing his offense and a new staff on board.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I don’t understand this.

I’m guessing Caserio and Culley didn’t want to change up just yet. Sometimes changing OC’s can be detrimental to the development/growth of a young quarterback.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I agree with you.

But apparently they are going to go with Kelly so Mills won't have to learn another offense. I can see McDaniels coming in 2023 and installing his offense and a new staff on board.
I really don’t understand this McDaniels crap. I mean are you not factoring in the possibility of Belichick stepping away from coaching? And that position would be more intriguing to McDaniels who is already there. There have been rumors of Belichick passing the torch to him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I really don’t understand this McDaniels crap. I mean are you not factoring in the possibility of Belichick stepping away from coaching? And that position would be more intriguing to McDaniels who is already there. There have been rumors of Belichick passing the torch to him.
Depends on if you think Belichick is going to retire in the next 4-5 yrs.

Now that he's found his QB, I dont see him retiring anytime soon. Do You?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Depends on if you think Belichick is going to retire in the next 4-5 yrs.

Now that he's found his QB, I dont see him retiring anytime soon. Do You?
This might his last year coaching or maybe 2023.

Yes, he’s done more than enough for the game and that city. He could very well move into an office role permanently. Like I said that rumor has been circulating around.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This might his last year coaching or maybe 2023.

Yes, he’s done more than enough for the game and that city. He could very well move into an office role permanently. Like I said that rumor has been circulating around.
I haven't heard anything about this.

Probably just wishful thinking on part of the anti Belichick clan.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I haven't heard anything about this.

Probably just wishful thinking on part of the anti Belichick clan.
This is just the latest article

With Bill Belichick approaching 70 years old, there is no timetable on how long he is going to continue coaching. He is certainly on the back nine of his career, though. Given McDaniels’ history in New England and his relationship with Mac Jones only growing stronger day by day, his best option might just be to stay put and wait for his chance in New England.

Belichick is not known for looking too far ahead, but the long-term future of the organization could very much be on his mind already. He probably is aware that the Patriots would be in good hands with McDaniels and Jones leading them into the future.

michaelm

vox nihili
This is one of the worst posts I've ever read here.
No team is resting players for the playoffs with a #1 seed and a bye on the line.

"Turrible"