Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 18 - Texans vs Colts: The Holding #1 pick all season until the end Bowl?

And like other talking heads, they have contacts that leak things and feed them info. He isn’t making this up. Whether it proves right or wrong, it’s being leaked to him from someone.

Sounds more like wishful thinking put out there from someone that wants it to happen than any credible info. Easterby, Palcic, Rootes……There’s noone left in that FO Who’d have any real insights into what Cal may do.

Which is not a terrible thing. The Bears, who may just get the #1 overall pick, are happy with Justin Fields. The guys that are pounding the table for a QB with our first pick will more than likely get what they want.
The #1 pick or #2 pick will not make a difference. I doubt the Bears select a QB. Ubless they trade the pick to some team that needs a QB!

It is a terrible thing, it is a horrendous thing, it is a dumb thing and it is an asinine thing, and here is why.

Say your assumption that Chicago will not take a QB is true. The COLTS at #5 do their due diligence and believe that Young is a franchise QB and their QB for the next 10 years. The Colts trade #5, #37, and next years #1 to move up to Chicago's #1 and draft Young. Now the Texans have to face Lawrence and Young twice a year. Now imagine the Colts were dead on with their assessment of Young. That's a TERRIBLE thing.

It is a terrible thing, it is a horrendous thing, it is a dumb thing and it is an asinine thing, and here is why.

Say your assumption that Chicago will not take a QB is true. The COLTS at #5 do their due diligence and believe that Young is a franchise QB and their QB for the next 10 years. The Colts trade #5, #37, and next years #1 to move up to Chicago's #1 and draft Young. Now the Texans have to face Lawrence and Young twice a year. Now imagine the Colts were dead on with their assessment of Young. That's a TERRIBLE thing.
I seriously doubt the Colts are going to mortgage their future for Bryce Young. It saying it’s impossible, but not everyone is sky high on Bruce Young.

Why? Chicago is not going to take the guy you want. It really doesn't matter if the Texans win or lose
The reason this is a high degree of stupidity is Bears could trade the pick to CoLTS who take their franchise QB and if COLTS are right Texans now have to face Young or Stroud and Lawrence twice a year. Really Really dumb Texans.

The #1 pick or #2 pick will not make a difference. I doubt the Bears select a QB. Ubless they trade the pick to some team that needs a QB!

I highly doubt the Bears will be making that pick. Some QB needy team will make a big offer to move to #1. Hell, if Caserio falls in love with either Young or Stroud, he may even give up a 3rd to move up one spot to ensure he gets his guy.

The Bears will keep Fields. He made a big improvement this year. They will trade the pick and we will get stabbed. Same old bullpoop from our magnificent team.

The reason this is a high degree of stupidity is Bears could trade the pick to CoLTS who take their franchise QB and if COLTS are right Texans now have to face Young or Stroud and Lawrence twice a year. Really Really dumb Texans.
If the Colts want to draft QB, they can trade up to #2 and have their choice of Young or Stroud, whichever is available. They have two options for trading up. This is out of the Texans hand.

Colts are playing this game like they want the #1 pick and just don’t want to deal with the Texans to get it. The Bears make for more sense to deal with.

You forget. I don't think Young is a franchise QB.

Lucky for us you aren’t the GM so it doesn’t matter what you think. While I happen to completely disagree, in fairness it doesn’t matter what I think either. Let’s see what the current/new GM thinks.

Don’t worry the bears will call caserio and let him know there’s multiple QB needy teams wanting to trade up for the number 1 pick causing him to panic and trade the 2nd overall pick and a 2nd/3rd round pick to move up one slot………it be a Texan thing to do

Lucky for us you aren’t the GM so it doesn’t matter what you think. While I happen to completely disagree, in fairness it doesn’t matter what I think either. Let’s see what the current/new GM thinks.
Keep quoting my posts & I'll continue to tell you what I think. If it really doesn't matter to you what I think, quote somebody else & I'll stop telling you what I think

You forget. I don't think Young is a franchise QB.
It doesn't matter what you think. You might be wrong and odds are, YOU ARE. What matters is what the Bears and the Colts think. Why would you want to put a divisional rival in the driver's seat? and in a position to kick your ass for the next 10 years?

IMO, if the Bears end up with #1 or #2, QB needy teams could be more inclined to deal with them with the thought that the Bears are not interested in a QB.
The Texans, on the other hand, may be looked at as needing a QB thus making other QB needy teams apprehensive about approaching them for #1 or #2.

It doesn't matter what you think. You might be wrong and odds are, YOU ARE. What matters is what the Bears and the Colts think. Why would you want to put a divisional rival in the driver's seat? and in a position to kick your ass for the next 10 years?
Exactly. Doesn't matter that you think all these teams want to trade up for Young. It's not going to happen

Back