Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 - Texans vs Colts: The Holding #1 pick all season until the end Bowl?

Lovie was the wrong choice from day one. Everyone knows that and all we can do is hope that Caserio knew it too but basically hired him to be “David Culley Year 2”. The only concern I have with that theory is if you had no expectations in the team this early in the rebuild then why bother firing Culley to begin with?

Maybe Culley was fine with it. Who knows? None of it makes sense and more than likely Caserio is as lost as he looks. If Culley got his walking papers after four wins then Lovie has to go after this mess. Simple as that.

Why? What would this accomplish? Texans are guaranteed, at least, #2 and one of the two premium QB's, if that is what they want. Or one of the two best defensive players, if that is what they want. Losing to the Texans is exactly that - losing to a division rival. Now, losing may have value in the draft order, but this has nothing to do with the Texans.
If Indy perceives Bryce Young to be the best and possibly only franchise quarterback in this draft, then they sure will put a stop to that. The Colts may want the Texans drafting Young as much as the Texans wanted the Colts drafting Andrew Luck.

Lovie was the wrong choice from day one. Everyone knows that and all we can do is hope that Caserio knew it too but basically hired him to be “David Culley Year 2”. The only concern I have with that theory is if you had no expectations in the team this early in the rebuild then why bother firing Culley to begin with?

Maybe Culley was fine with it. Who knows? None of it makes sense and more than likely Caserio is as lost as he looks. If Culley got his walking papers after four wins then Lovie has to go after this mess. Simple as that.
Seeing where the Texans had been over the last 5 years I was somewhat of a Lovie fan right up until after the #3, #13, and #15 draft picks in the 2022 draft. Then my fandom crashed and burned.

Lovie was the wrong choice from day one. Everyone knows that and all we can do is hope that Caserio knew it too but basically hired him to be “David Culley Year 2”.
Hopefully his plan is to do a real search in 2023. Best candidates without having to deal with Flores & McCown crap.

I don’t believe they can afford to tank again. Winning four or less just won’t cut it. The mission should be winning and winning your fan base back.

Agreed that's what they're going to try to do next yr. It's not what they should be doing though.

Look at the Stros as a guide for what I think they should be doing.

Another thing they could do if they wanted to win more quickly, which I would be on board with is sign Jimmy G for 3 yrs, trade down to get even more picks in 2024 and draft the best DL available in 2024. Carter/Anderson. Then draft a QB in 2024.

They will win more games in 2023 and have the picks available to trade up in the 2024 draft to get their QB.

I agree. Caserio should go down with this rust bucket. But Cal needs someone to hold his hand thru the process.
So what do think will happen if Hannah insists that there is no way Cal can fire Caserio? Hannah loves her some Caserio. How do you feel about Hannah running the Texans?

SMH, I thought we went over that, denying history.
?

Love the Stros history, the owner was about rebuilding the right way, instead of looking for instant gratification. MMP was a ghost town and there were 0.0 TV ratings. He didn't listen to the media and instant gratification fans and now not only has had the hottest ticket in town for the last 5 yrs. Now he's looking at having the hottest ticket in town for the next 5-10 yrs.

So what do think will happen if Hannah insists that there is no way Cal can fire Caserio? Hannah loves her some Caserio. How do you feel about Hannah running the Texans?

Cant be worst the Janice/Cal.

Truth is unfortunately the Texans wont be true contenders until Janice is taking a dirt nap.

I think Nick wanted Flores. Once that moron started filing lawsuits all over the place, it became an untouchable signing. Flores would have been the new HC if he had just sat and waited.

I think Nick wanted Flores. Once that moron started filing lawsuits all over the place, it became an untouchable signing. Flores would have been the new HC if he had just sat and waited.
Why is he a moron? Because he wanted to win versus tanking? Because he got fired over bull crap?

It is no coincidence that Culley got fired right after Flores got fired. Just another FUBAR in the day in the life of Nick Caserio.

?

Love the Stros history, the owner was about rebuilding the right way, instead of looking for instant gratification. MMP was a ghost town and there were 0.0 TV ratings. He didn't listen to the media and instant gratification fans and now not only has had the hottest ticket in town for the last 5 yrs. Now he's looking at having the hottest ticket in town for the next 5-10 yrs.

The whole discussion from this thread???

Hannah doesn't allow Cal to drink. And Nick doesn't eat BBQ. So I don't trust these people running a garage sale.
Must be tough on old Cal not being able to down a magnum of Opus One anymore to go with his Chateaubriand.

The whole discussion from this thread???

I dont like any QB in this yrs draft, as I've said many times. That's why Cal needs to be patient like Crane was and draft a QB in the 2024 better QB class.

Cal thinks Texans will save face and gain respectability if they can win and avoid being the 1st pick. Cal's thought process, Young or Stroud, who cares, the fan base will be excited.

One of those prospects is represented by someone they would prefer to avoid doing business with ....

Colts inactives:

Stephon Gilmore (wrist), Nick Foles (ribs), Nick Cross, Wesley French, Rashod Berry, Kylen Granson, Chris Williams

Round 1
No veteran QB signs
Texans pick #1 and #11 choose a QB and WR
or Texans pick #2 and #11 choose a QB and WR

Veteran QB signs ie Carr etc
Texans pick #1 and #11 choose DL WR
or Texans pick #2 and #11 choose DL OL/WR
:gotexans1

I hope these jokers lose in a blowout, then see a bunch of articles on Monday that read: “ The Texans have interviewed so and so…”

Time to start the inevitable. Hello, #2.
Which is not a terrible thing. The Bears, who may just get the #1 overall pick, are happy with Justin Fields. The guys that are pounding the table for a QB with our first pick will more than likely get what they want.

Which is not a terrible thing. The Bears, who may just get the #1 overall pick, are happy with Justin Fields. The guys that are pounding the table for a QB with our first pick will more than likely get what they want.
The only problem with this thinking is those table pounders will make a deal with Chicago, not the Texans.

Driskell isn't the guy for that wildcat or whatever they're calling it.

Ran out of bounds way too easy. Could have turned that up for a couple yards easily

Back