Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 Preview: Sudden Death.... who you got?

Who wins

• Texans

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Colts

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Who you got in this winner take all matchup?

I think Stroud shines in his first Primetime NFL game. He seems to do better under pressure and I see this game being no different. Although i do wish Dell wasn't out for the season, he adds a whole different dynamic to our offense.

I say Texans 31 - Colts 24

Sudden Death.png

Last edited:
I’ve got a lot of conflicting feelings about this one, it’s a road game which has been a bit of an Achilles heal for this Texans team this season, but the real difficulty has been on the road against teams we ‘should’ beat, and you can’t say that about this Colts team, they are a good team who are good at most levels without any real highlights stars.
CJ seems to play better the more the pressure ramps up, against the Titans there was a bit of rust, we didn’t manage to open up the big play downfield but he was able to take what the D gave him and move the ball efficiently.

A lot will depend on if Tunsil is healthy enough to be effective, or if his replacement in Jones can play to the level he apparently did on his previous team rather than what he has shown as a Texan.

The playoffs have begun early and we play prime time Saturday night, let’s hope this young team can step up to the plate.

8b2weq.jpg

Alot has changed since week 2 for both teams. It will be a dog fight. I prefer the mentality and growing toughness of our organization (DeMeco, Stroud at QB, etc.) when compared to Indy (Stichen, Minshew at QB). We can absolutely win this game.

After what I saw our D do Sunday. I think we beat the Colts. Might not be pretty or a blow out. But, I just think our D should be able to win the trench battle and with CJ back...we should score enough to get the W
I was thinking with Cj back we'd actually get into the endzone & score more regularly. Something we didn't do the two games he was out. Give some credit to the Titans D, but I am worried about Red Zone issues.

If they make the playoffs, fine, if they don't, that's also OK with me. The Texans organization took a major step in the right direction this year, for a change, and the future looks bright no matter what happens Saturday evening.

That said, I hope they stomp the crap out of the donkeys.

I was thinking with Cj back we'd actually get into the endzone & score more regularly. Something we didn't do the two games he was out. Give some credit to the Titans D, but I am worried about Red Zone issues.
Slowik drew up the gameplan to get the ball out of CJ's hand quickly. Let Stroud get his feet on the ground with some game managing. We'll see the magic Saturday night, if needed.

Referees for the game Saturday is Bill Vinovich’s group.

They reffed the two notable games:
2023 Texans vs Steelers
2023 49ers vs Ravens.
2018 NFC Championship game (Missed PI on Rams that would have advanced Saints probably.)
2020 Super Bowl. Chiefs vs 49ers.

Now I got this information off the internet so let the fact checkers correct me if I am wrong.

2023 Texans vs Steelers
2023 49ers vs Ravens.
2018 NFC Championship game (Missed PI on Rams that would have advanced Saints probably.)

Now I got this information off the internet so let the fact checkers correct me if I am wrong.
The Steelers/Texans game is correct. Didn't lookup the rest. This crew also worked the Colts win in Carolina.

Except QB...Minshew is only good of script. And even then he will crap his pants at least once. And any TO the Texans get it has to be 7 points on the board for us after that!
Screenshot_20240102_174632_Chrome.jpg

He didn’t have to do much last time but protected the ball.

The Colts have had 6 winning seasons since 2012. During those seasons the Texans record was 2-10.

2012 - 1-1
2013 - 0-2
2014 - 0-2
2018 - 1-1
2020 - 0-2
2021 - 0-2

I think this year that Ryans, Stroud & the boys break that trend. It will add a cherry on top that by beating them not only do we get in but we eliminate them. I'm more excited by this game than any game in the last 3 or 4 years. I cant wait for it to start.

The Colts may have an unexpected crack.

Raiders WR Davante Adams torched the Colts’ DBs being targeted 21 times while catching 13 for 126 yards and 2 TDs. The Colts were missing their top CB Kenny Moore to a back injury he actually sustained in the preceding Friday practice. The Colts are saying Moore will play Saturday. But even a Grade I back strain requires a 3 week rehab. If he plays, I don't know how effective he will be or if he makes it through the game. His alternates, like last game, will be rookies.

The first meeting we prepared for Richardson and not Minshew - now we have plenty of tape on him.
I think anyone who can play will play - no point in sitting on the sidelines now.
CJ is better now too as is WA.
And if our defense shows up like it did on Sunday, we should win this one.
This is the biggest game they've played for most on this team.
Let's hope they play like it!
:fans: :texflag:

Last edited:
Kinda like CJ last Sunday - let's hope Slowik takes the shackles off and see some fireworks Saturday!
Might have to get the running game going - Clots are 27th against the run and if that works, the passing game will open up.

As long as it's Singletary running the ball, we will see fireworks. DP needs to be #2 and just relieve Singletary. I think he will have over 120yrds and if I'm even close to right...our WRs are going to be able to make some nice deep catches and YAC plays. Meanwhile, Indy will have to figure out what to try to stop the run or pass. On defense, I see Anderson and Greenard going off, along with Perryman and Harris. And let us not forget that Stingley wants another INT.

The first meeting we prepared for Richardson and not Minshew - now we have plenty of tape on him.
I think anyone who can play will play - no point in sitting on the sidelines now.
CJ is better now too as is WA.
And if our defense shows up like it did on Sunday, we should win this one.
This is the biggest game they've played for most on this team.
Let's hope they play like it!
:fans: :texflag:
There's plenty of reasons not to play if you're injured. I lived that "warrior" lifestyle in my younger years. Now, I'm nearly a cripple. No game is worth risking your long-term health. Of course, I was doing it for a few thousand dollars per contest, not multi-millions.

There's plenty of reasons not to play if you're injured. I lived that "warrior" lifestyle in my younger years. Now, I'm nearly a cripple. No game is worth risking your long-term health. Of course, I was doing it for a few thousand dollars per contest, not multi-millions.
Most of these guys have to think of more than just this game also. If going at less than 100% are you helping or hurting your team? Is your playing injured is that going to effect your future earnings along with health?

2023 Texans vs Steelers
2023 49ers vs Ravens.

Oh nooooo. That crew is ******* terrible. Why not bring Jerome Boger's blind ass back from retirement, he already has experience screwing us in games against the Colts.

Back