Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 Game Day: Texans vs Colts - Win or go Home

I don’t know what we are going to do for a D line next week, Will Anderson was limping to the sideline, Jerry Hughes left, seems Greenard was a close call maybe they rush him back to play?

I don’t know what we are going to do for a D line next week, Will Anderson was limping to the sideline, Jerry Hughes left, seems Greenard was a close call maybe they rush him back to play?

Ankle sprains don’t last forever, I’m assuming Will gets a lot better starting next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hope, remain optimistic... except for me of course. 😆
I have a very similar thing going on, I try not to criticise the players or the team and try to be positive during the game but I find the more pessimistic I am in the run up the better chance they have. Definitely got ahead of myself going into the Panthers and Jets games this season 😂.

Playoff scenarios after Saturday’s games:

CLE @ HOU
Jags lose or tie

HOU @ BUF
Jags win, Bills win

HOU @ KC
Jags win, Dolphins win

HOU @ MIA
Jags win, Dolphins tie

Man I just don’t want to play Cleveland right now, Going to be tough no matter what

Ankle sprains don’t last forever, I’m assuming Will gets a lot better starting next week

They don’t last forever if you rest them, I believe doc has made it clear that Anderson is worsening the injury by playing on it. It was clear with some of the select plays he was in that he was required tonight, he doesn’t show up in the box score but there was a huge difference in the play of the line when he was in vs when he wasn’t, so i get them taking the gamble, and he’s got till the spring to heal up after. I don’t know if he’s going to see the field next week or what state he’s going to be in if he does. Greenard I need to catch up on where he’s up to in the injury thread but I don’t doubt they will rush him back if at all possible regardless of what’s best for him. I do guess in Greenard’s position he will be more likely to be cautious going into contract negotiations, however.

High ankle sprains he keeps tweaking won't heal fast. I think we get this WA with no rest. Hoping Greenard can be able to go 90% next week. Give us til Sunday please! we may get an extra day rest with today being Saturday

Gotta say on that final Colts drive:

Both Johnathan Taylor and Will Anderson were playing hurt and gutting through their injuries. Great leadership and toughness shown by both leaders. Wish the Texans had Taylor (instead of taking Blacklock) but then again that butterfly effect would probably have OB as the owner by now.

This game was like the entire season. Not always pretty and too close for comfort. But the good guys prevailed once again!

Every team is playing sudden death starting next week. Texans got started a week early. And this playoff mode Texans team has some fight!
They could have just folded after the way the Colts offense came out in the second half and ran roughshod all over our defense but they are a reflection of their head coach!

Expect more negative from me next week. There is a method to my madness!

I can’t help but be excited by this team, there is still so many easy gains to be had, the rebuild is far from complete, yet they’ve been really exciting to watch, the scheme gets the job done and has won the number of games it should have, would be very easy to see where only incremental improvement gives us 4 more wins this season than what we got (First Colts game, ATL, Panthers, Jets, all should have been wins) This team is built to be really really good if they can continue to draft well and spend their FA money wisely.
Who knows what happens in the playoffs, I don’t like the look of playing any of the available teams and yet I’m sure none of them will look forward to dealing with CJ’s incredible arm and play recognition.

I can't say for sure but on that toss to the sidelines that CJ threw and Collins caught. I think CJ was trying to just throw it away and Collins was able to get over to it and catch it. I doubt they will ever say that was it but, that's my suspicion.
That would have been grounding if were.

Just saw the interview with CJ and the sideline reporter….
He was “yes ma’am, no ma’am”
This could never win another game and I’m a complete and total fan! We got a good one guys

Is it to early to sign him to an extension? Seriously though going from Watson to CJ is like night and day. Best part is not only does CJ seem like a better person, not a high bar I know, but he is a better QB. Win-Win.

I love how our team and teams like the Browns and Lions are in the playoffs. Very happy about our Texans! What a great season it was! As far as anybody laughing at me for looking forward to more football in the Spring/Summer months and rooting for the UFL and the Roughnecks, "laugh if you will," but I am glad to have more football!

As of now it is all about the Texans! Go Texans!

They could have just folded after the way the Colts offense came out in the second half and ran roughshod all over our defense but they are a reflection of their head coach!

Expect more negative from me next week. There is a method to my madness!

Back when the Chargers were in San Diego and had their own official message board, there was a guy who posted under the username “Boltcorpse”. He employed a similar strategy as yours which he labelled as “reverse mojo”….

I can't say for sure but on that toss to the sidelines that CJ threw and Collins caught. I think CJ was trying to just throw it away and Collins was able to get over to it and catch it. I doubt they will ever say that was it but, that's my suspicion.
On the post-game show, Nico said it was a scramble drill. He saw the ball in the air and thought Stroud put enough air under it that he could go get it.

Last edited:
I love how our team and teams like the Browns and Lions are in the playoffs. Very happy about our Texans! What a great season it was! As far as anybody laughing at me for looking forward to more football in the Spring/Summer months and rooting for the UFL and the Roughnecks, "laugh if you will," but I am glad to have more football!

As of now it is all about the Texans! Go Texans!

While I generally agree with your post, as a Baltimore Ravens fan I must object to the inclusion of the Browns in your list of teams that you are happy to see in the playoffs. That would be like yours truly mentioning that I would be happy to see the Jags win your division should they defeat the Titans tomorrow…..🙂🙂🙂

Back