Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 Game Day: Texans vs Colts - Win or go Home

Texansballer74

The Marine

The Texans and Colts meet in Indianapolis in the regular-season finale in a matchup for a playoff spot.
It's been an incredible one-year turnaround for the Texans. After winning just seven total games over the past two seasons combined, Houston can win its 10th game of the year in the season finale in Indianapolis. It would be just the fifth time in team history that the Texans would get to double-digit wins.

Indianapolis is also hoping for its 10th win of the year after winning just four last year.
A lot more is at stake than just double-digit wins for both organizations, as both are still hoping for a playoff berth with a victory.

Houston rookie phenom quarterback C.J. Stroud went into concussion protocol and missed the past two-plus games after leaving the contest against the Jets early on Dec. 10 with a concussion. Stroud was sidelined for two weeks while Case Keenum and Davis Mills filled in and the Texans went 1-1. Stroud returned last week for a 26-3 thrashing of the Titans.

In round 1, Clots sacked Stroud 6 times and went on to win the game. That cannot happen again tonight.
Despite those sacks, CJ threw for an impressive 384 yards.
Limit those sacks and he can potentially throw for even more yards and that will go a long way towards a win.
We also will have game planned for Minshew this go round and our defense has found some mojo - the run defense has been a pleasant surprise and that will need to continue tonight.
Texans by a few.

I realize that is supposed to be some type of slam. But it is very difficult to read. Like I'm experiencing some type of dyslexia. And why is that derogatory, anyway?

It means a lump or a mass, but at least at one time, it meant someone who was thick or stupid. That's the way I think of it, but checking the dictionary, that's apparently a british meaning of the word. It has the same root as klutz, or someone who is awkward and clumsy.

with Tank and probably Woods out who are they bringing up
Collins, Metchie and Hutchinson.
If we ever needed Metchie to realize some of his potential, today is that day.
Schultz and Jordan are going to have to be called on too. Schultz has an incentive written into his contract - from memory, if he gets four more catches, he get an extra $250k and five gets him $500k - something like that so he will be hungry for the ball.
Singletary also has incentives on his deal which he is very close to achieving.

Somehow my twitter has picked up the Colts Algo and I can see all their fans talking.

Didn't think I would dislike that fanbase as much as the Jags but here we are.

"CJ is mid"
"Will Anderson is overrated"

Pretty consistent blabbering. Wild.

Our RBs, both on the ground and in the passing game, are going to be key on offense. The Colts know that Nico is our big playmaker so they will try to make us rely on the less experienced guys. We need to spread the ball around and keep them on their toes. Everyone must step the hell up!

Somehow my twitter has picked up the Colts Algo and I can see all their fans talking.

Didn't think I would dislike that fanbase as much as the Jags but here we are.

"CJ is mid"
"Will Anderson is overrated"

Pretty consistent blabbering. Wild.
Today CJ and WA can make them see the error in their thinking.

Playoff scenarios;

CLE @ HOU
Texans win, Jags lose or tie

HOU @ BUF
Texans win, Jags win, Bills win
or
Texans tie, Jags lose, Bills win, Steelers lose or tie

HOU @ KC
Texans win, Jags win, Dolphins win

HOU @ MIA
Texans win, Jags win, Dolphins tie
or
Texans tie, Jags lose, Miami win or tie and Steelers lose or tie

I think I got them all.

Playoff scenarios;

CLE @ HOU
Texans win, Jags lose or tie

HOU @ BUF
Texans win, Jags win, Bills win
or
Texans tie, Jags lose, Bills win, Steelers lose or tie

HOU @ KC
Texans win, Jags win, Dolphins win

HOU @ MIA
Texans win, Jags win, Dolphins tie
or
Texans tie, Jags lose, Miami win or tie and Steelers lose or tie

I think I got them all.

With being the last game of the regular season I greatly doubt the NFL will let any game end in a tie so realistically this is a win or go home for any team on the bubble.

I wonder why most, if not all, the talking heads are favoring Houston to win2

I wonder why most, if not all, the talking heads are favoring Houston to win2

Oh I don't know..

usatsi_21547603.jpg

My Dad always said clod. I’ve not heard clot used as anything other than the actual definition.

not having Dell is by far the biggest issue to overcome. much bigger issue then no Greenard. This offense is completely different without Tank.

the Colts will do what I think is now the default way to slow this offense - heavy zone, don’t allow deep shots, blanket Nico, and let the Texans matriculate down the field slowly. Hope the Texans have a penalty or a turnover. Then once the Texans get into the red zone, buckle down and take away the easy shots. Stop the run, Let CJ run around and throw it away, and call it a win when you give up 3. This is the blueprint.

Yeah, I get it. The NFL DESPERATELY wants CJ in the playoffs. They’ve gone from doormats to darlings.

I just referenced CJ from the point of view of why people would think we should win, nothing to do with who wants who to win.

Texans 8-4 with CJ after the first two games this season.

Colts 8-6 after the initial Texans game.

Stroud against teams with winning records post Colts game.

5-1.

Colts opponent QB’s in recent games:
O’Connel(LV) W, T. Heinecke(ATL) L, M. Trubisky(Pit) W, J. Browning(Cin) L, Will Levis (Ten) W in OT, M. Jones (NE) W, B. Young (Car) W, B. Mayfield(TB) W.

They went 6-2 in that stretch.

There opponents out gained them in 6 of 8 games.

Houston is a 2.5 favorite for a reason.

Been awhile since I felt this excited and nervous about a Texans game. I know realistically we are not considered a Super Bowl contender, but football is always more fun when your team is still alive and playing ball. Let's go into Indy and put them away!

If ever there was a time for Hutch or Metchie to have a breakout performance… tonight would be a good time!

I’ll be in an utter state of shock if that happens. I’m more disappointed with Metchie than Dameon Pierce.

Earlier this week, on 610, they had an interview with an Indianapolis broadcaster, who said the weak link in the Colts' defense was their defensive backfield. They relied on their pass rush to overcome this. I feel good that Stroud will be capable of exploiting their pass defense by finding the open receiver, spreading the ball around. I think Schultz may have a big game.

I figured Metchie was still a year away from being a serious contributor going off of Quessenberry. I’d like to be wrong and his contributions start tonight!
I keep trying to tell people that is extremely unrealistic......

1704588028799.png

Decreased Performance and Return to Play Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in National Football League Wide Receivers
Author links open overlay panelColin J. Burgess D.O. a, Erik Stapleton D.O., M.S. a, Kenneth Choy B.A. b, Cesar Iturriaga M.D. a, Randy M. Cohn M.D. a
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asmr.2020.10.012Get rights and content

Purpose
To identify the time to return to play (RTP) and evaluate the performance level in wide receivers in the National Football League following anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.
Methods
A total of 29 wide receivers in the National Football League who underwent ACL reconstruction between 2013 and 2017 who met inclusion criteria were retrospectively identified and reviewed. For each player, a matched control with similar demographics was identified to compare various in-game performance measurements and seasons played.
Results
Of the wide receivers that met the inclusion criteria, 9 of 29 (31%) did not RTP in a regular season game following ACL reconstruction. For players who did RTP, 20 of 29 (69%), the average time was 10.9 months (331.4 ± 41.6 days). When we compared the tear group with the matched control cohort, players with ACL tears ended their careers on an average of 1.9 seasons earlier (2.2 vs 4.1 seasons, P < .001) and also played less than half the number of games (25.5 vs 56.6 games, P = .001), respectively. Those that RTP also saw decreased performance statistics in targets (353.6 vs 125.2 P < .001), receptions (208.0 vs 74.4, P = .001), receiving yards (2691.0 vs 987.9, P = .001), and touchdowns (17.4 vs 6.2, P = .002).
Conclusions
Sixty-nine percent of wide receivers who underwent ACL reconstruction were able to RTP at an average of 10.9 months, or 331.4 days. Despite the majority of players being able to RTP, there was a significant decrease in both statistical performance and career duration.

View attachment 13359

Decreased Performance and Return to Play Following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in National Football League Wide Receivers
Author links open overlay panelColin J. Burgess D.O. a, Erik Stapleton D.O., M.S. a, Kenneth Choy B.A. b, Cesar Iturriaga M.D. a, Randy M. Cohn M.D. a

Purpose
To identify the time to return to play (RTP) and evaluate the performance level in wide receivers in the National Football League following anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.
Methods
A total of 29 wide receivers in the National Football League who underwent ACL reconstruction between 2013 and 2017 who met inclusion criteria were retrospectively identified and reviewed. For each player, a matched control with similar demographics was identified to compare various in-game performance measurements and seasons played.
Results
Of the wide receivers that met the inclusion criteria, 9 of 29 (31%) did not RTP in a regular season game following ACL reconstruction. For players who did RTP, 20 of 29 (69%), the average time was 10.9 months (331.4 ± 41.6 days). When we compared the tear group with the matched control cohort, players with ACL tears ended their careers on an average of 1.9 seasons earlier (2.2 vs 4.1 seasons, P < .001) and also played less than half the number of games (25.5 vs 56.6 games, P = .001), respectively. Those that RTP also saw decreased performance statistics in targets (353.6 vs 125.2 P < .001), receptions (208.0 vs 74.4, P = .001), receiving yards (2691.0 vs 987.9, P = .001), and touchdowns (17.4 vs 6.2, P = .002).
Conclusions
Sixty-nine percent of wide receivers who underwent ACL reconstruction were able to RTP at an average of 10.9 months, or 331.4 days. Despite the majority of players being able to RTP, there was a significant decrease in both statistical performance and career duration.

It’s week 18 Doc… can you give us sunshine and rainbows just tonight?!

View attachment 13359

Purpose
Methods
Results
Conclusions
Metchie had an ACL? I thought he was coming back from cancer..

Back