Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 Game Day: Texans vs Colts - Win or go Home

I haven't had the chance to read through to see if it's been mentioned already, but did anyone else see a correction between Jerry Hughes leaving the game and an improvement in our run-stopping? I didn't see how the dline was reshuffled as a result, but it seemed a better match up against the Colts run.

This game was like the entire season. Not always pretty and too close for comfort. But the good guys prevailed once again!

Every team is playing sudden death starting next week. Texans got started a week early. And this playoff mode Texans team has some fight!
Not always pretty but definitely scrappy and with a dude like Stroud, the whole team believes they have a chance!

While I generally agree with your post, as a Baltimore Ravens fan I must object to the inclusion of the Browns in your list of teams that you are happy to see in the playoffs. That would be like yours truly mentioning that I would be happy to see the Jags win your division should they defeat the Titans tomorrow…..🙂🙂🙂
I am no fan of the Browns and I mean no disrespect but no fans have suffered more losing than both the Browns and Lions fans. I don't so much want the Browns to win a title as I am happy their fans have something to cheer for. I get the division rivalry but Browns fans are some of the most loyal fans there are. You are a class act for paying respect to our Texans but I didn't go to the Ravens forums and say what I said. You came here.

I am no fan of the Jaguars but it is good to see teams who usually suck give their fans something to cheer for. If it comes down to us or them I of course am rooting for us but just the same Jags fans haven't had much to cheer for throughout their history. I feel for their fans. There is a good chance a usually sucky franchise makes a playoff run. I hope it is the Texans but I am happy for all the fans who usually have nothing to cheer for this late in the season.

All I can say is it’s 430am here, I just did a shot of Jameson and I’m watching the replay of the game and checking all the tweets and I’m tearing up, Hannah running around, Meco getting emotional in the corridors, CJ just so humble….I know we need the flexibility but I’ll be so happy when we lock CJ up….

Hell yeah boys. We gotta team. Prime time national game to the last moment and the Texans pulled it off. This doesn’t happen to us. What a ride. Strouds arm is lethal. Loved the safety at the end. That colts last play could have went so much worse for us but he dropped it. Lol. I can’t believe that he dropped it. What a game. Had us worried about a missed extra point. T E X A N S

Texans clinch playoffs, complete turnaround. Houston started the regular season with a rookie quarterback, its fourth different Week 1 head coach in four years and 11 combined victories in the previous three campaigns. It finished it Saturday night as a 10-win wild-card team with a slam-dunk franchise QB, a first-year head coach clearly in his element and a chance at a division title should the Jaguars lose on Sunday. As was on display in a win-or-go-home showdown with the Colts, C.J. Stroud and DeMeco Ryans have officially turned this franchise around. With the game tied, 17-17, Stroud completed all seven of his attempts for 82 passing yards to lead a go-ahead touchdown drive. And when Ka'imi Fairbairn missed the ensuing extra point, Ryans’ defense held strong against a driving Colts offense to force a turnover on downs 15 yards from a score at just over a minute remaining. The Texans performed beyond their years with the season on the line down the stretch. They have arrived, they’re dangerous and no one should want to face them.

Hell yeah boys. We gotta team. Prime time national game to the last moment and the Texans pulled it off. This doesn’t happen to us. What a ride. Strouds arm is lethal. Loved the safety at the end. That colts last play could have went so much worse for us but he dropped it. Lol. I can’t believe that he dropped it. What a game. Had us worried about a missed extra point. T E X A N S
His drop was helped by a pass that was a slight bit off due to Will Anderson being in Minshew's passing lane. If you rewatch the play it appears that Will Anderson has his hand up to block the pass and Minshew alters the pass to avoid that from happening. Minshew attempted to make a similar pass earlier in the game and it was blocked. That was in Minshew's head.

His drop was helped by a pass that was a slight bit off due to Will Anderson being in Minshew's passing lane. If you rewatch the play it appears that Will Anderson has his hand up to block the pass and Minshew alters the pass to avoid that from happening. Minshew attempted to make a similar pass earlier in the game and it was blocked. That was in Minshew's head.
I'll have to rewatch that play.

One thing about this team that I keep thinking about is how they get down but get back up. That’s not something that a lot of Texans teams have done in the past. Going all the way back to the first couple of successful Texans teams under Kubiak they could have a good day, start off hot or at least effective, and be fine but when momentum changed we usually didn’t see it change back. This years team doesn’t just entirely fall apart when the momentum turns against them. The get busy trying to get it back. That’s why (I think) you see so many of us starting to “brace for impact” when the other team gets it going. We tend to expect the Texans to go flat and collapse. With DeMeco it’s like “Not on my watch!”

Agree with Herv. Some of you guys were on the edge of the golden gate, about to jump…and the game is tied! This is a new era. Don’t be negative Nancy. With DeMeco and CJ in the house, there is no reason to jump off the cliff at the first sign of distress. Your Texans PTSD days need to be over. New team, new era. These guys are bringing a parade or two to Houston.don’t stress…enjoy!

Agree with Herv. Some of you guys were on the edge of the golden gate, about to jump…and the game is tied! This is a new era. Don’t be negative Nancy. With DeMeco and CJ in the house, there is no reason to jump off the cliff at the first sign of distress. Your Texans PTSD days need to be over. New team, new era. These guys are bringing a parade or two to Houston.don’t stress…enjoy!
The passion for the game and your team will have you like that. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

That’s apart of fandom. Just like the majority on here didn’t think we would make it to the playoffs. Does that mean all of them have a losers mentality?
I don't think it's the same thing. He's talking more about this giant, ridiculous swing we see in emotion in these game day threads. As if the other team isn't supposed to catch a pass, have a big play, or score.

It's not just a part of fandom. It's not normal & not healthy. I'm not talking about normal emotional ups & downs; team does good, you're happy, team screws the pooch, you're sad. That's normal.

These jokers in this thread are firing players, cutting players, same old texaning, cussing every body. That's not support.

People jumping off bridges in a tie game is sports PTSD. It's Pavlog's dog. You're conditioned to expect the absolute worst. Things start to get a little off kilter, and you go all Negative Nancy.

I get it. I've been there and done that with this team for 2+ decades.

All I'm saying is - let those shackles go! We've got a damn good HC and a true difference-maker at QB, money to spend, and draft picks to improve.

This is just the beginning, guys. Our season is a stunning success as is. If they lose next week as expected, I'll still be sitting here like the Cheshire cat with a grin on his face.

With the right moves, we're a SB contender next year. BELIEVE!!

** For all of those that have REAL PTSD, I mean no disrespect. Just trying to find a word that describes it.

People jumping off bridges in a tie game is sports PTSD. It's Pavlog's dog. You're conditioned to expect the absolute worst. Things start to get a little off kilter, and you go all Negative Nancy.

All I'm saying is - let those shackles go! We've got a damn good HC and a true difference-maker at QB, money to spend, and draft picks to improve.

This is just the beginning, guys. Our season is a stunning success as is. If they lose next week as expected, I'll still be sitting here like the Cheshire cat with a grin on his face.

** For all of those that have REAL PTSD, I mean no disrespect. Just trying to find a word that describes it.

I don't think it's the same thing. He's talking more about this giant, ridiculous swing we see in emotion in these game day threads. As if the other team isn't supposed to catch a pass, have a big play, or score.

It's not just a part of fandom. It's not normal & not healthy. I'm not talking about normal emotional ups & downs; team does good, you're happy, team screws the pooch, you're sad. That's normal.

These jokers in this thread are firing players, cutting players, same old texaning, cussing every body. That's not support.
All of us overreacts sometimes. I’ve seen you tripping on a lot of stuff too. It’s apart of being a passionate fan. And everyone fan differently. You didn’t want certain players either and you’ve expressed it quite a bit.
Now do some fans go overboard, yes. Do some go as far talking down to these players like they’re dirt. Yes. We have one who shichted on CJ before we drafted him and the entire preseason. Another poster has disappeared lol because he was completely wrong. But like I said maybe that’s the way they fan.

All of us overreacts sometimes. I’ve seen you tripping on a lot of stuff too. It’s apart of being a passionate fan. And everyone fan differently. You didn’t want certain players either and you’ve expressed it quite a bit.
Now do some fans go overboard, yes. Do some go as far talking down to these players like they’re dirt. Yes. We have one who shichted on CJ before we drafted him and the entire preseason. Another poster has disappeared lol because he was completely wrong. But like I said maybe that’s the way they fan.
Who's that?

I will admit there was a point when the game was tied and Indy was driving past midfield and we weren't stopping Taylor at all, that I felt down. The defense shut Taylor down for a couple runs and got a big 3rd down stop and the rest is history!

I will admit there was a point when the game was tied and Indy was driving past midfield and we weren't stopping Taylor at all, that I felt down. The defense shut Taylor down for a couple runs and got a big 3rd down stop and the rest is history!
Nothing wrong with that. That's normal.

Go back through the Game Day thread & look how irrational some guys are. It's insane.

LOL, its even worse in the off season.

I am guilty some but as of late my being over dramatic and overreacting has a purpose. Letting y'all in on it makes me less a bad guy which unfortunately may mean my superstition won't work anymore. I will still try to use it none the less! I am looking forward to NEXT season!

I am guilty some but as of late my being over dramatic and overreacting has a purpose. Letting y'all in on it makes me less a bad guy which unfortunately may mean my superstition won't work anymore. I will still try to use it none the less! I am looking forward to NEXT season!
Dude, this season ain't over. One more game (at least) next week.

Well, so far burying my optimism in pessimism has worked. Internally I was an optimist but clinging to pessimism cause its been working.

I'm not superstitious or anything, but I am in agreement with risk reward

If I am right about no curses/lucky charms, no ritual that of mine that could bring about win or loss.... then it means I say "We got this!" and game plays out regardless.

IF I am wrong and there is some sort of secret code to the universe that ISN'T "open seasame" but instead a cosmic door to all outcomes by sticking to negativity ....... and I say "we got this".... but then... we wouldn't.

Just like I don't make it a habit to be a loud obnoxious turd in public.... IF I were at NRG against the Browns.... I would do everything I could to make noise with Flacco out there.

We all make sacrifices and I have no problem looking stupid, I accomplish that task daily even in the offseason

It means Texans fans have been conditioned to accept lowered expectations.
r9zyC1.gif

Dude, this season ain't over. One more game (at least) next week.
Didn't you get what I was doing there? I thought I made it clear with what I wrote prior to that.

I more or less was saying we will lose and next week will be our final game of the season. There is a method to my madness.

I see you didn't get the method to my madness Texansballer74. I say negative things for a positive result.

Last edited:
Astros win the AL West, Texans win the AFC South, and the Rockets are 2.5 games behind the Mavs/Pels for the Southwest division lead. Houston is looking good on all fronts right now, it's rare for every team to be in the playoffs in the same year, but they will likely pull it off. It's a great time to be a Houston sports fan! :D

Back