Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 17: Remind Them They're the Oilers

banned1976

sleeper mode
Watson was near perfect in their last match-up: 28/37, 335 yards, 4 touchdowns and no interceptions but the Texans still lost. The main reason they lost is because they spotted the Titans 14 points to start that game. That’s pretty much been their MO this year - do next to nothing on offense to start the game while the defense gives up a touchdown on the opponent’s first drive.

This game is actually important to the Texans. Maybe they do, maybe they don’t care what happens to the Titans after this game. But ending the season with a victory starts to set the tone for next season. That tone needs to be, start strong on both sides of the ball and finish the game strong. Set that tone.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Well folks, I'll just skip the usual anti-Texans-Organization rhetoric for now, and plead with the football gods to have us kick the Tits collective asses this week. Badly. By at least 30 points.

Knock the Tits from the playoffs and 2020 might have one tiny bit of redemption.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The ADDams Family will be bringing their Circus to town Sunday. Let's send the Clowns home with a loss.
I'd love to see the McNairs goad the Titans into a bet for this game.....only b/c the Adams Family should be extremely full of themselves. 1M dollars to the Adams Family favorite charity if the Texans lose and if the Texans win....the Adams Family returns to the City of Houston, the Oilers name and colors. Would the Adams Family have the balls to make such a bet? Would Cal possess the marbles to step up and put his sad sack on the table? That would make the game really fun to watch.....playing for nothing but for something.

Last edited:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Roderick should be ok. The Titans pass rush is weak. Tunsil would probably shut his side down, where Roderick may allow some give.

but RJ may prove to be the better run blocker so that should help against the Titans weak run defense.
It also means RJ is not your RT and Heck is. Qvale is out too, I think, so that means Scharping is back in there. Not saying that's better or worse, just that Max lost the job to Qvale. It's a good thing the Titans pass rush is weak. Might consider sitting Watson if it wasn't.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
It also means RJ is not your RT and Heck is. Qvale is out too, I think, so that means Scharping is back in there. Not saying that's better or worse, just that Max lost the job to Qvale. It's a good thing the Titans pass rush is weak. Might consider sitting Watson if it wasn't.
Good thing for the future that Scharping and Heck take the start. Important to see what we have and develop.

Somebody mentioned we likely see a less complicated blocking scheme for the backups and an improved overall performance because of it.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Wouldn't it be too funny if David Johnson throws another 100+ yard game on the stat sheet with a 5.0+ YPC........yeah, it would be fascinating.......watching him with another team next season.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
I expect the starters to get at least a half in. My prediction is easy
T..40
T..14
How many starters from game one or two are still playing in the same position? Tunsil, Watson,Watt, Cunningham, Justin, Brandin and Martin. Anyone else?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If Watson hadn't misread the coin flipper, maybe we would have won that toss. Just another thing he needs to improve on.
If they had scored on the 1st drive (Trends) instead of falling behind 14-0 maybe things would've turned out differently.
All true, but my point is despite our problems, we took them to overtime, even with King Henry rushing for 200 yards.

We can beat them tomorrow.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
All true, but my point is despite our problems, we took them to overtime, even with King Henry rushing for 200 yards.

We can beat them tomorrow.
Ill supply the baseball bat..... but for the record...... I am "unsure of your intentioned purpose" for using it.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Last game for JJ huh.

*sigh*

Let's end this scamjob of a garbage Corona season and more importantly a Texans era that wasted multiple Hall of Famers and hire new coaching and management and get this team to a point of credibility and legitimacy.

Just wish JJ would be a part of it. Been the only person keeping me watching in the last few years. Respectability, integrity and honor in a time of indecency and rampant assholery.

Last edited:

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
It's the last game of the season folks, enjoy it while you can. Because what comes after today is a wildly swinging wrecker ball of an off-season ending with a pathetic draft. And if you're not depressed yet, wait 'till you see the game. :lol:

I do expect 2021 to be better, but improving on a 4-12 season could mean anything from 5-11 up. I honestly don't believe they'll be worse, but considering the circumstances it might not get a whole lot better next year.

Mangler

Toro de España
This should tell you what the national media thinks of the Texans/DW4.
It’s actually just Tony Gonzales that always butchers his name. He always praises Watson, along with the media. So that tells me what he and the national media thinks of DW4. What they think of the Texans is no secret.