Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 16: Bengals playing Spoiler

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Anyone watch MNF, did the Bengals just catch the Steelers napping?
More like the Steelers went into hibernation. They haven't played well in a month, when you take into account their win against the Ravens in the COVID Bowl early this month. If the Steelers drop their next 2 games (Colts & Browns), they'll likely end up on the road in the opening round of the playoffs.

The Texans and the Bengals? Who knows? I just hope there are no major injuries.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
At this point, the only reason i watch is to see whether DW4 can break the 30 TD barrier for us & to get another looksee at this Hansen kid. Beyond that, i can't say i wouldn't still watch, but my attention would be easily drawn away if not for those 2 things.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I'm rooting for them to win but if given a choice between winning a meaningless game but one of our big three gets hurt or losing then I'll gladly take the loss.
What they should do is sit Watson the rest of the season, but I doubt Watson will have any part of that. He'll want to play. And if he's important enough to have any input into the GM/HC decisions, he's important enough to have his way by playing. You'll probably see him on the field on our very last possession of the last game.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
What they should do is sit Watson the rest of the season, but I doubt Watson will have any part of that. He'll want to play. And if he's important enough to have any input into the GM/HC decisions, he's important enough to have his way by playing. You'll probably see him on the field on our very last possession of the last game.
Agreed, I don't know if Watson has any input on the GM/HC search but I do know sometimes its a coach's job to protect the player from themselves and think about the long term goals beyond just winning one game because yeah players want to play to win on all of them but sometimes the way to win the war is to lose the battle.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
If I'm RC, I'd pull Watson aside and tell him straight-up, nice season....I'm not going to be the HC who let you get injured in a meaningless game and with McCarron entering his UFA period, the team needs to see him finish the season.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Why are we still playing Watson, Tunsil and JJ? Yeah they might not like it and might want to be out there but win or lose this game means nothing so why risk the only three players that aren't on the cutting board getting injured in a meaningless game?
What's the point of sitting Tunsil and getting McCarron killed? Watson would be back on the field anyway.

Besides, the whole season has pretty much been meaningless.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's a football division of a marketing company if Watson, Tunsil, & Jj don't play.

Mangler

Toro de España

This is the one game all year (other than the Jags) we felt most confident about winning. But we have nothing to play for. I don't know what the Bengals are playing for.
I enjoyed seeing the Steelers get their ass handed to them by the Bengals D! Their backup QB is nice too. He made some really good throws and got some speed. The Steelers are more than likely one and done come playoff time.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Cincinnati was hyped playing at home on Monday night. A home team dog on Monday night is usually a pretty good bet. Couple with Pittsburgh letting their guard down against lowly Bengals. Bengals now basking in their Monday night glory, reveling in accomplishing the unthinkable, thinking they're better than they are, creates a loss of focus that makes them a sure thing to lose against Texans.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Cincinnati was hyped playing at home on Monday night. A home team dog on Monday night is usually a pretty good bet. Couple with Pittsburgh letting their guard down against lowly Bengals. Bengals now basking in their Monday night glory, reveling in accomplishing the unthinkable, thinking they're better than they are, creates a loss of focus that makes them a sure thing to lose against Texans.
Yep, put a 1000 on it.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I enjoyed seeing the Steelers get their ass handed to them by the Bengals D! Their backup QB is nice too. He made some really good throws and got some speed. The Steelers are more than likely one and done come playoff time.
I guess Steelers are trying to be like Texans?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The title also says week 16. The Bengals and Steelers don't play each other in week 16. Man, sometimes some of y'all just need to let **** go. But no, gotta have a pissing contest in every ******* thread.
Didn't notice that when I posted, but it makes my point even more valid...

You would expect better from a mod

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's not about the title
The point about the Bengals being spoilers is in reference to the Bengals beating the Steelers. This thread is about our game against the Bengals in week 16, hence the original post

This is the one game all year (other than the Jags) we felt most confident about winning. But we have nothing to play for. I don't know what the Bengals are playing for.