Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 16: Bengals playing Spoiler

I guess something simple for gameday titles:

Week 16: Bengals at Texans
Well, we used to have a thread during the week to discuss the upcoming game, then Saturday or so a game thread would be started. Now everything has to be all encompassing or whatever. Surprised we don't have 1 giant 2020 game thread. I mean, we already do entire Rockets and Astros seasons in 1 thread.

Cincinnati's pass defense appears to be on par with Indy's according to ESPN allowing a 93 passer rating as opposed to 88.

May be a rough go for our young receiving corps. Hopefully we see more Akins in the game plan.

Cincinnati's pass defense appears to be on par with Indy's according to ESPN allowing a 93 passer rating as opposed to 88.

May be a rough go for our young receiving corps. Hopefully we see more Akins in the game plan.

Yeah, I'd like for them to rediscover Akins as well, but you know this is going to be mainly additional evaluation of the water polo-ist. Speaking of tight ends, I miss the big old power forward .... seems like all he gets to do anymore is block !

Yeah, I'd like for them to rediscover Akins as well, but you know this is going to be mainly additional evaluation of the water polo-ist. Speaking of tight ends, I miss the big old power forward .... seems like all he gets to do anymore is block !
Last year, they improved in the red zone by using the TEs and it seemed this year, they expected defenses to adjust and stop using the TEs in the red zone. As a result, they are now back to struggling to score in the red zone. Go figure.

Because it’s football and my favorite team. Why are you on here talking about football if it doesn’t matter?

Winning and losing at this time of yr doesn't matter. Because there's going to be a new regime. You know what does matter? Staying healthy. Every Sunday I just laugh when they find new ways to lose. BTW, I think they're going to win and DW4 will play very well Sunday. Why? because they're going up against a crappy defense. Although I hope they bring William Jackson home in FA this offseason.

For me a win is only a secondary issue. Primarily it is me against myself and close behind it's me against the other person. Don't get me wrong winning is important but it's a third place for me.

Winning most of the time is most important. (It's why they keep score) This just happens to not be one of those times.

Winning most of the time is most important. (It's why they keep score) This just happens to not be one of those times.
I think scoring is to evaluate how you are doing. A high-scoring blow out by a Super Bowl contender against the Texans is not something anyone should want to watch. If you are a good team then of course wins are important. I do realize that most here are okay with sloppy wins I am just not that type of person.

I think scoring is to evaluate how you are doing. A high-scoring blow out by a Super Bowl contender against the Texans is not something anyone should want to watch. If you are a good team then of course wins are important. I do realize that most here are okay with sloppy wins I am just not that type of person.

Me either

I also dont think wins where the team looks good against the Jags/Lions etc... means much at all.

Winning and losing at this time of yr doesn't matter. Because there's going to be a new regime. You know what does matter? Staying healthy. Every Sunday I just laugh when they find new ways to lose. BTW, I think they're going to win and DW4 will play very well Sunday. Why? because they're going up against a crappy defense. Although I hope they bring William Jackson home in FA this offseason.

That’s all we can do lol

You mention the 4-12 Kubiak team to BO'bs 9-7 team as some kind of evidence of how bad the team was, knowing full well they went 4-12 because of infighting & not the talent of the team.

It's Christmas

I'm not going there

But yes, we disagree with how talented those teams were and I would say that no 2-14 team is that talented or either they had terrible coaching. I dont think Kubiak did a bad job of coaching that 2-14 team.

Well, we used to have a thread during the week to discuss the upcoming game, then Saturday or so a game thread would be started. Now everything has to be all encompassing or whatever. Surprised we don't have 1 giant 2020 game thread. I mean, we already do entire Rockets and Astros seasons in 1 thread.

Proof because of the stuff going on this year. Too many things to talk about. If we were 7+ wins it would be different I would think.

I think there are only 2 things that matter .... to any great extent .... 1) make sure that a hand full of valuable players on either side of the ball do not get injured .... 2) make sure, to whatever extent is possible, that we see as much of remaining players, under real game conditions, for purposes of thorough evaluation

I’d like to show any prospective HC & GM that we are all about winning & don’t know the meaning of the word quit.

Any HC or GM that we are seriously considering, better have enough on the ball, to research a hell of a lot more than our last two meaningless games …. if he or they are that limited in their homework, then we don't need to waste any time on them …. there's far better men out there !

Any HC or GM that we are seriously considering, better have enough on the ball, to research a hell of a lot more than our last two meaningless games …. if he or they are that limited in their homework, then we don't need to waste any time on them …. there's far better men out there !
Winning is the meaning. Win for the sake of winning. When there's nothing else, no money, no trophies, no accolades, not even the respect of your own fans.

Win, or die trying because that's who you are.

Thread title ..... "I'll be happy when its over" , that goes for this meaningless game and this train wreck of a season.

Maybe we save that title for the last game against the Titans.

I was just trying to move the conversation from the Colts game to the Bengals game. Some folk just want to complain.

Like he said, it's not about the title. It's about having something to complain about.

I was just trying to move the conversation from the Colts game to the Bengals game. Some folk just want to complain.

Like he said, it's not about the title. It's about having something to complain about.

I did say it wasn't about the title. 3 of the first 6 comments were about Bengals/Steelers which is when I asked the question. I wasn't complaining but forum rules should be for all, and all you had to reply was it was about upcoming game and not ask silly about title

I did say it wasn't about the title. 3 of the first 6 comments were about Bengals/Steelers which is when I asked the question. I wasn't complaining but forum rules should be for all, and all you had to reply was it was about upcoming game and not ask silly about title

I was just trying to be funny .... apparently I failed miserably.

I should have kept my mouth shut and let it go.

Back