Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15: Texans vs Rams Gameday Thread

Remember when it was said by some that the Texans were the best .500 team in football? They may now be the worst .500 team in football.

I'll always take a w, but this team looked terrible today. And the coaching SUCKED.

This is one of the worst games I've seen in a long time. If the Texans weren't pretending to play, I'd have long since turned this junk off. I don't know what the hayull the problem is with this team but they don't look as if they even care if they win, lose or what. IMHO the entire group from coaches to water boys should be hit upside their collective heads with a 2 x 4.

I guess a win is a win. Looks like Atlanta is helping us out, and Miami is down inside the 10 with 2 min left

This game should have never been this close. I'm happy we got the win, but there was no reason whatsoever to get anyone's blood pressure raised over this one.

Just this once, let us enjoy a win. Maybe we can start complaining, say, Monday afternoon?

This isn't the same situation as the Seattle game where we actually played good football. Over here, we played so bad I couldn't stand watching it. There's going to be a lot of flaming on the boards this entire week

This game should have never been this close. I'm happy we got the win, but there was no reason whatsoever to get anyone's blood pressure raised over this one.

I'm past even caring at this point.

At least if the Texans lost it should have sealed the deal on Kubiak.

some of you ppl think we are a playoff calibur team after we beat the lowly seahawks and barely beat the rams...ha

Reactions: J_R
The game was aweful and there is no defending our play or our coaching. We are not going to the playoffs but you can go ahead and post all your calculations on how we still have a shot. Our shot died with 4 division losses in a row when it mattered. Kubiak is really bad at getting this team prepared.

some of you ppl think we are a playoff calibur team after we beat the lowly seahawks and barely beat the rams...ha

debbie_downer.jpg

Being Debbie Downer is sooooo easy. You never have to risk anything and you never get disappointed.

Oh believe me. Being a fan of the Texans brings more than its share of disappointment. What are you risking being mr. koolaid drinker and never acknowledging anything bad about the Texans?

and how many losses have we had since cincy?? maybe you forgot that as well...

Right....and none of them were blowouts, and all of them were against "playoff calibur" teams.

Yes, the Texans are a playoff caliber team. They have beaten bad teams soundly (Buffalo, Seattle, Oakland), won a couple of tough road games (Cincy, Tennessee,) and eked out a couple of ugly wins (StL, SF).

You are not analyzing their play fairly. They are a good, young, inexperienced team with loads of talent and terrible luck.

Oh believe me. Being a fan of the Texans brings more than its share of disappointment. What are you risking being mr. koolaid drinker and never acknowledging anything bad about the Texans?

Another straw weaver I see.

I have echoed the same complaints about the team's play as most on this board, but the mob mentality here is of an abused, barking dog.

Objective football fans are better at assessing this team than many posters here.

Tenn won in OT. Seems like they're getting their share of good fortune this year- at least 3 wins in the last minute or OT. Bottom line is they're getting it done, however they do it. I hope San Diego comes to play against them on Christmas night.

Typical of Houston sports curse:

AFC SOUTH STANDINGS

Indianapolis 14-0
Jacksonville 7-7
Houston 7-7
Tennessee 7-7

No other division compares.

Tenn won in OT. Seems like they're getting their share of good fortune this year- at least 3 wins in the last minute or OT. Bottom line is they're getting it done, however they do it. I hope San Diego comes to play against them on Christmas night.

They will still have Home-field to play for, even if they beat Cincy today...so yeah hopefully San diego eliminates the Titans from this. The last team I want to see sneak into the playoffs is the Titans....sigh.

Nvm easily forgot they beat Cincy they should lock up HFA. So it'd be up to them if they want to rest players or not...

They will still have Home-field to play for, even if they beat Cincy today...so yeah hopefully San diego eliminates the Titans from this. The last team I want to see sneak into the playoffs is the Titans....sigh.

If SD beats Cincy they lock up the 2 spot. They need to lose to have something to play for next week.

Another straw weaver I see.

I have echoed the same complaints about the team's play as most on this board, but the mob mentality here is of an abused, barking dog.

Objective football fans are better at assessing this team than many posters here.

Let me give you an assessment

4 yrs of Kubes no playoffs

8 yrs of McNair no playoffs

Mediocity isn't acceptable to some posters on this board but this doesn't apply to you. Because 8-8 is just great for posters like you.

If SD beats Cincy they lock up the 2 spot. They need to lose to have something to play for next week.

Yeah forgot they would own the H2H tiebreak by beating Cincy, so hopefully Cincy can win today and SD should beat the Titans.

I also feel if SD wins today they will rest their players because they are a older team.

Yeah forgot they would own the H2H tiebreak by beating Cincy, so hopefully Cincy can win today and SD should beat the Titans.

I also feel if SD wins today they will rest their players because they are a older team.

True. And if SD does that Seattle would have to beat TEN. I dont see that happening.

This win just upsets me cause just imagine if we'd have won just 1 or 2 of those close games we lost and we'd essentially have a spot locked up. Very upsetting.

Let me give you an assessment

4 yrs of Kubes no playoffs

8 yrs of McNair no playoffs

Mediocity isn't acceptable to some posters on this board but this doesn't apply to you. Because 8-8 is just great for posters like you.

Wrong. I just don't freak the freak out about it and demand to burn the house down.

The goddamn Texans won today and you guys are whining like titty babies.

we won when it doesnt matter...look how many teams own the tie breaker and are ahead of us in the playoff race. I wouldnt call it whining either, its more like everyone is tired of a mediocre season yet again.

I'm sure McNair loves you non demanding fans.

You cant see that you've been sold a bill of goods.

When would you say its O.K. to burn the house down?

10 yrs 15 yrs 20 yrs how long ?

Typical of Houston sports curse:

AFC SOUTH STANDINGS

Indianapolis 14-0
Jacksonville 7-7
Houston 7-7
Tennessee 7-7

No other division compares.
One good team and a sea or mediocrity? The NFC East is the best division in football.

This reminds me of a gambler's quote..."If you've at the table and can't figure out who the patsy is, get out. You're the patsy."

One good team and a sea or mediocrity? The NFC East is the best division in football.

This reminds me of a gambler's quote..."If you've at the table and can't figure out who the patsy is, get out. You're the patsy."

Yep. And, that best division will be on our schedule next year. As I've told people, the NFC East is licking their chops at a shot at us.

Next year is going to be BRUTAL.

Back