Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 14 vs Seattle

Or we don't kick a field goal
Yes, that was one bad decision against the Raiders.

But we had a FG kicker that had already missed a 40yd FG and a 57yd FG in the previous 2 games, such that Kubiak elected to punt instead of having him try another 57yder.

You know, some guy just made a 65yd FG the other day.

Keenum wasn't a rookie playing for an OB disciple. Keenum had 23 more yards ( only .5 ypa ) and 1 more TD with only 2 fewer int's. BTW, Keenum had AJ for all of his starts and Ben Tate for 6 of them.

Keenums main problem was running backwards for 30 yds to get sacked
LMAO. I remember that! Besides watching my little brother play Madden, I never saw an NFL QB turn his back to the defense and run backwards so frequently like Keenum.

Yes, that was one bad decision against the Raiders.

But we had a FG kicker that had already missed a 40yd FG and a 57yd FG in the previous 2 games, such that Kubiak elected to punt instead of having him try another 57yder.

You know, some guy just made a 65yd FG the other day.
The point is, consistently losing big yards on sacks is bad.

Reactions: JB
The point is, consistently losing big yards on sacks is bad.
That's where we disagree.
A sack on third down simply mean a punt.
In the meantime, there was the possibility of a play to be made.
I know he made a few of them.

That's why Kubiak said Keenum had a few plays each game where he can improvise (something that can't be teached; he said.)

In the last few games; however, Kubiak had him stay in the pocket more (and trust the OIine).
I remember discussing this point back then.

I believe Kubiak had a plan for him.
While he was with the Broncos, they wanted to poach Keenum from the Rams, but the Rams placed a first-round tender on him.
The Broncos finally brought him in while Kubiak was the Senior Advisor when he first retired.
Remember how we laugh at Vance Joseph when he gave the Texans a free FG at the half of that one game?
How we make fun that finally, we see a HC more inept than OB?

Rick Smith
Keenum
Easterby

Are there any other more hot button topics that get fans really going off on tangents?

I for one enjoy it.
The problem is people have their agendas for whatever reason and that's it. It blinds them to what is reality.

Keenum vs. Mills is a perfect example of that. In Keenum's 1st 7 starts he had 9 TD, 4 INT, 7.2 Y/A, 83.7 passer rating. All 7 games were within 1 score, 4 were within 3 points or less, and the Texans scored 20.5 points per game, and Keenum got roasted by the majority around here.

Mills 1st 7 starts, 7 TD, 7 INT, 6.6 Y/A, 84.4 passer rating, 1 game within 1 score, and the Texans are scoring 10.5 points per game, and people make excuses for him right and left.

Not saying Keenum was better, Mills is not, or anything like that. Just pointing out the similarities between the 2, and the night and day views around here of both.

The problem is people have their agendas for whatever reason and that's it. It blinds them to what is reality.

Keenum vs. Mills is a perfect example of that. In Keenum's 1st 7 starts he had 9 TD, 4 INT, 7.2 Y/A, 83.7 passer rating. All 7 games were within 1 score, 4 were within 3 points or less, and the Texans scored 20.5 points per game, and Keenum got roasted by the majority around here.

Mills 1st 7 starts, 7 TD, 7 INT, 6.6 Y/A, 84.4 passer rating, 1 game within 1 score, and the Texans are scoring 10.5 points per game, and people make excuses for him right and left.

Not saying Keenum was better, Mills is not, or anything like that. Just pointing out the similarities between the 2, and the night and day views around here of both.

You could also point out that Keenum had a full season and 2 off-seasons learning under Kubiak who was far greater teacher than anything Mills has had to work with

You could also point out that Keenum had a full season and 2 off-seasons learning under Kubiak who was far greater teacher than anything Mills has had to work with

You forgot to add the supporting cast:

BTW, Keenum had AJ for all of his starts and Ben Tate for 6 of them.

That Texans team with Keenum had a much better supporting cast compared to the team now.

I agree that Kelly is in over his head, he was from day 1, but everyone saying he should be replaced by Pep I'm not sure what Pep has shown to prove he would be better? I mean he's only been OC one time and that was with Luck as his QB. Other than that he has bounced around pretty much every year even taking a HC job for the XFL. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good at it but why do people keep bringing his name up? Is it just because he's there or have I missed something?
I only say Pep because he’s been coaching from TC. Only look at him as a plug but let’s see what he can do.

I only say Pep because he’s been coaching from TC. Only look at him as a plug but let’s see what he can do.
That would only be viable if he could install his own offense. That's not happening in week 15. Play calling is only a portion of the problem. It's the design of the offense that's stinking the joint up.

That would only be viable if he could install his own offense. That's not happening in week 15. Play calling is only a portion of the problem. It's the design of the offense that's stinking the joint up.

Yep and a lack of talent on the OL.

I didn't watch the whole game but I did watch more than half the game. I'd say Mills has made some fairly insignificant progress since early in the year...against bad defenses. He'll do ok against Jville too.

But I don't see much more than career backup/spot starter for this guy at best. And for a 3rd rounder, that's actually fair value.

Perhaps he's a bridge starter next year, but this notion that he is the long term solution is goofy. Come on folks, let's snap out of it and get back to reality. He's never going to be a plus starter on a good to great team.

But I don't see much more than career backup/spot starter for this guy at best. And for a 3rd rounder, that's actually fair value.
Not to be argumentative, but what exactly do you see? I'd like to see myself.

He appears to have a good head on his shoulders. I'd like to see what he looks like when he can play with anticipation. But that takes time. Time in the system. Time with his receivers. Time.

Kinda looks like Kurt Warner stocking groceries to me.

I didn't watch the whole game but I did watch more than half the game. I'd say Mills has made some fairly insignificant progress since early in the year...against bad defenses. He'll do ok against Jville too.

Perhaps he's a bridge starter next year, but this notion that he is the long term solution is goofy. Come on folks, let's snap out of it and get back to reality. He's never going to be a plus starter on a good to great team.

Your evaluation skills are on par with Miss Cleo.

Not to be argumentative, but what exactly do you see? I'd like to see myself.

He appears to have a good head on his shoulders. I'd like to see what he looks like when he can play with anticipation. But that takes time. Time in the system. Time with his receivers. Time.

Kinda looks like Kurt Warner stocking groceries to me.

He saw that Mills was a 3rd rd pick.

For the record I dont know how Mills career is going to turnout. BTW, neither does anybody else at this point of Mills career.

Back