Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13: The Brown stains smear the Texans

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Because their singular focus should be on winning a championship.

Luhnow had this vision as the Stros lost 100 games 3 yrsin a row and Luhnow did nothing to throw this vision off by trying to speed up the process. Things like bringing Springer up early, although the media/fans roasted him for not doing what they wanted Luhnow to do. Hopefully Caserio can stay strong and not cave in to the media/public pressure so he can rebuild the team correctly like Luhnow did. The Texansorg has never had a true championship contender because they haven't been built correctly since day 1.

Remain patient and in 2 yrs you will be entertained. The winning should start after Caserio uses the Derrick picks if he does his job in the draft and these rookies get some experience.
Quoted for truth. Got to have vision and a plan.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Of course, because it's going to suck regardless of what happens. The team is too far away in talent on both sides of the ball + new incoming coaching staff that it doesn't really matter at present. I think the main priority is not making a mistake on your lottery QB. If he's genuinely there now, then take him. If not, wait until 2024.
If Lovie and his staff get the 2023 season…..scratch drafting a QB. Lovie and his staff won’t be the long term solution, so investing in a QB they may want to work with could dictate who the next HC would be. One mistake could compound the mistake.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
To be fair that's not what he said. It's obvious he was comparing young to Wilson and Breeze as far as height and being able to see downfield.
Lol exactly. Dude was comparing their heights.
To use a HOF QB like that in a comparison is more than about height. Those are outlier QBs as well.

Young is being reported as 5’10” weighing 185lbs.

We are thinking he can make it because two HOF Super Bowl winning QBs, who could/are taller, did it? Because they are an inch to two inches taller. And that ain’t even close to the average NFL QB height. Or weight.

He will be a bust to Doug Flutie at best.

An undersized QB who learned under OB (who ain’t no QB whisperer) is supposed to come here under Lovie and Pep to learn the NFL? And be successful?

Y’all are on drugs.

Let Young go to Seattle or somewhere else. I want what’s best for the kid to succeed and it ain’t here.

For the sake of these kids’ future the Texans should not draft them.

We don’t have the players or the coaching skills to give Young a chance. Look at every QB who had talent in college and went to the wrong team. They all flame out and can’t revive their careers afterwards.

There may be an exception like Tannehill. Rare though.

Reactions: JB

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
To use a HOF QB like that in a comparison is more than about height. Those are outlier QBs as well.

We are thinking he can make it because two HOF Super Bowl winning QBs, who could/are taller, did it? Because they are an inch to two inches taller. And that ain’t even close to the average NFL QB height. Or weight.

An undersized QB who learned under OB (who ain’t no QB whisperer) is supposed to come here under Lovie and Pep to learn the NFL? And be successful?

Y’all are on drugs.

Let Young go to Seattle or somewhere else. I want what’s best for the kid to succeed and it ain’t here.

We don’t have the players or the coaching skills to give Young a chance. Look at every QB who had talent in college and went to the wrong team. They all flame out and can’t revive their careers afterwards.

Preach to them and let them testify. You put the truth out there for all to read.

Flutie looked a lot like Young does in college, maybe even better.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Watson leading the offense only produced 3 points. The Browns produced 3 non offensive TDs in the game. It will be interesting to keep hearing about Watson's "rust." The "rust" card can only carry you so far.
If you can't get it done against the Texans, you can't get it done.

This is a lost year for the Browns. They knew that when the suspension went down.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Y’all are on drugs.

Is your plan to trade all of our 2023 picks to somewhere in the future?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
It’s not out of the realm of possibility to trade back in the first and get a first for next year as compensation.

Walking into next year with 3 firsts helps to get a QB.

And if you have the same coaches and QBs this year for next year we should have the first or second pick.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Tell me who was the better college QB? Agreed everything should be on the table when it comes to predicting prospects.
Here we go. Again the point was players who are shorter than 6’2. Nothing more or nothing less. So why in the hell are we talking about the HOF. And last I check you can compare quarterbacks period. It’s the same freaking position.

Texansballer74

The Marine
If you can't get it done against the Texans, you can't get it done.

This is a lost year for the Browns. They knew that when the suspension went down.
Not really because they had a top 5 running game and a top 5 defense. They were hoping Brissett would hold down the fort until that chump was back.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Here we go. Again the point was players who are shorter than 6’2. Nothing more or nothing less. So why in the hell are we talking about the HOF. And last I check you can compare quarterbacks period. It’s the same freaking position.
Other than Brees/Wilson no QB that short has ever won a championship in the HISTORY of the NFL.

You're willing to bet Young will be the 3rd?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Other than Brees/Wilson no QB that short has ever won a championship in the HISTORY of the NFL.

You're willing to bet Young will be the 3rd?
I don’t care about all of that. The Texans are need of a quarterback in a major way. You have 4 potential starters in this years draft. With our second pick we could draft a quarterback. You guys are going way overboard with this stuff.

Like I said before I wouldn’t mind if we drafted Stroud and he’s 6’4.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don’t care about all of that. The Texans are need of a quarterback in a major way. You have 4 potential starters in this years draft. With our second pick we could draft a quarterback. You guys are going way overboard with this stuff.

Like I said before I wouldn’t mind if we drafted Stroud and he’s 6’4.
You should care because whoever they draft probably will be the guy for the next 5-10 years so who the guy is and the chances of him being able to win a championship really does matter. Unless you just want to be entertained and don't really care about winning championships.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
You should care because whoever they draft probably will be the guy for the next 5-19 years so who the guy is and the chances of him being able to win a championship really does matter. Unless you just want to be entertained and don't really care about winning championships.
This is just entertainment for me. I’m not getting any freaking money from these professional teams. So why would I care? And wasn’t you the one trying to give away your season tickets? So you really don’t care either. Lol

I told y’all my stance and you and a few disagree with it because you guys doesn’t like certain players or knocking them for having talent around them or because of the school they’re coming from.

And guess what, on all the Texans forums that I am on, only a small group doesn’t want to draft a quarterback. The majority wants them to draft one. You snatch up one of these quarterbacks, whether it’s Young or Stroud. You can best believe the majority of their fan base will be excited and more n likely will go back to supporting the home team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is just entertainment for me. I’m not getting any freaking money from these professional teams. So why would I care? And wasn’t you the one trying to give away your season tickets? So you really don’t care either. Lol

I told y’all my stance and you and a few disagree with it because you guys doesn’t like certain players or knocking them for having talent around them or because of the school they’re coming from.

And guess what, on all the Texans forums that I am on, only a small group doesn’t want to draft a quarterback. The majority wants them to draft one. You snatch up one of these quarterbacks, whether it’s Young or Stroud. You can best believe the majority of their fan base will be excited and more n likely will go back to supporting the home team.
So being excited next yr means more to you than what HISTORY says gives you the best chance to win a championship.

You're in the instant gratification crowd, good news for you is Cal probably agrees with y'all because it will help his bottom line. But HISTORY says it's not good for winning a championship. His daddy had the same philosophy as y'all.

• Haha

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Unless you just want to be entertained and don't really care about winning championships.
Is it too much to ask for both? I would like to be entertained by a well-coached well-run team who is AT LEAST in the hunt for the playoffs every year while they try and put the last few pieces together.

e.g. the Chiefs prior to Mahomes, or actually the Steelers, as much as I hated them growing up are the very example of a well-run org - the last time they had a 1 or 2-win season? 1968-1969 so they are entertaining / in the hunt almost every year and just looking for the last one or two pieces and lightning to strike.

Instead of watching this dumpster full of flammable dumpster juice every week. It has to at least look like they (the organization) are trying.

Baseball is not football - there is no depleted farm system to rebuild, NFL teams change their fortunes in two years all the time unless you are one of the unfortunate bottom feeders who can't get out of their own way, which is what the Texans currently are.

It's not unheard of to give a GM two drafts / free agent signing periods to prove he can turn a team around - I'll give Caserio one extra year due to the BOB/McNair/Watson factors but if the 2023 Texans are still unwatchable? Get a rope/pink soap.

My expectation for next year given the current rosters lack of talent across the board?

- 4 draft picks that are solid starters from the '23 class. This team should be able to throw a dart and find a starter.
- 4 free agent signings that perform better than who they replaced and don't regress as Texans
- 5 to 6 wins on the season
- look competitive in their losses (none of these sub 100 yard halfs with a few TD's tossed against the other teams 3rd stringers to make the score look less lopsided)

If he can make that happen, while limiting his tendancies for 1. weird damn trade/cut scenarios and 2. show cap disipline then for me that would show progress and earn another year.

Texansballer74

The Marine
So being excited next yr means more to you than what HISTORY says gives you the best chance to win a championship.

You're in the instant gratification crowd, good news for you is Cal probably agrees with y'all because it will help his bottom line. But HISTORY says it's not good for winning a championship. His daddy had the same philosophy as y'all.
History didn’t stop the Bengals , so please stop bringing that up.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

History said that SB winning QBs came from all over the place.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
History didn’t stop the Bengals , so please stop bringing that up.
Burrow isn't a midget.

Apparently you're not understanding what I'm meaning when I'm talking about history. Flutie and maybe even Young were better COLLEGE QB's than Burrow. Burrow was the better prospect though.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
You should care because whoever they draft probably will be the guy for the next 5-19 years so who the guy is and the chances of him being able to win a championship really does matter.
Only if he's good

76Texan

Hall of Fame
You know who didn’t measure under 6’?

Almost all QBs since the 2000 who have played in a Super Bowl.

And Wilson weighed 200lbs. It isn’t just height but frame as well.
Sure, if you only use height, there hasn't been any other.
But as somebody had mentioned, the rules now favor the QBs.
Doug Flutie would have had a better career.
Or Ty Detmer, Michael Vick, and a bunch of 6ft guys from Theirman to Brees.

The thing is there have been so few of them, the stats also skew toward the numbers.

That said, I'm not set on any QB in the upcoming draft.
Height is not as important if he (the QB) can show me that he can be like Wilson in college.
(Batted balls, finding a throwing lane, look to pass).

Texansballer74

The Marine
Burrow isn't a midget.

Apparently you're not understanding what I'm meaning when I'm talking about history. Flutie and maybe even Young were better COLLEGE QB's than Burrow. Burrow was the better prospect though.
When did 6 ft become a freaking midget. Man stop the silliness

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
My guess, both Young and Stroud could be desired by both the Raiders and Lions and it would be to gain additional picks in 2023 and possibly 2024……not give away the 2023 draft. I could see both teams being interested in the 1st pick since neither QB makes it to 5 or 6.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Is it too much to ask for both? I would like to be entertained by a well-coached well-run team who is AT LEAST in the hunt for the playoffs every year while they try and put the last few pieces together.

e.g. the Chiefs prior to Mahomes, or actually the Steelers, as much as I hated them growing up are the very example of a well-run org - the last time they had a 1 or 2-win season? 1968-1969 so they are entertaining / in the hunt almost every year and just looking for the last one or two pieces and lightning to strike.

Instead of watching this dumpster full of flammable dumpster juice every week. It has to at least look like they (the organization) are trying.

Baseball is not football - there is no depleted farm system to rebuild, NFL teams change their fortunes in two years all the time unless you are one of the unfortunate bottom feeders who can't get out of their own way, which is what the Texans currently are.

It's not unheard of to give a GM two drafts / free agent signing periods to prove he can turn a team around - I'll give Caserio one extra year due to the BOB/McNair/Watson factors but if the 2023 Texans are still unwatchable? Get a rope/pink soap.

My expectation for next year given the current rosters lack of talent across the board?

- 4 draft picks that are solid starters from the '23 class. This team should be able to throw a dart and find a starter.
- 4 free agent signings that perform better than who they replaced and don't regress as Texans
- 5 to 6 wins on the season
- look competitive in their losses (none of these sub 100 yard halfs with a few TD's tossed against the other teams 3rd stringers to make the score look less lopsided)

If he can make that happen, while limiting his tendancies for 1. weird damn trade/cut scenarios and 2. show cap disipline then for me that would show progress and earn another year.
Football is actually easier to rebuild than football.

How many teams have done what you say without a QB, or a rookie QB for that matter?

If you aren't competing for championships, it's actually better to be bad than be a 6 to 9 win team. You must be a fan of the last 2 decades of the Texans orgs mediocrity. Because what you're saying is man, I sure wish we were mediocre like we used to be. I would rather be bad and get the right players in the next 2 drafts than force picks because they might win 5-6 games next yr with Young at QB. But have virtually no shot at winning a championship, unless you truly believe Young is the equivalent of drawing at an inside straight and hitting a winning hand. It could happen, but it's unlikely.

My guess, both Young and Stroud could be desired by both the Raiders and Lions and it would be to gain additional picks in 2023 and possibly 2024……not give away the 2023 draft. I could see both teams being interested in the 1st pick since neither QB makes it to 5 or 6.
Given the way Goff is playing down the stretch, I think the Lions will pony up and extend him. I don't see the Lions taking a chance on a lottery QB and mess up their momentum. Goff's playing great behind that OL.

How many teams have done what you say without a QB, or a rookie QB for that matter?

If you aren't competing for championships, it's actually better to be bad than be a 6 to 9 win team. You must be a fan of the last 2 decades of the Texans orgs mediocrity. Because what you're saying is man, I sure wish we were mediocre like we used to be. I would rather be bad and get the right players in the next 2 drafts than force picks because they might win 5-6 games next yr with Young at QB. But have virtually no shot at winning a championship, unless you truly believe Young is the equivalent of drawing at an inside straight and hitting a winning hand. It could happen, but it's unlikely.
If Young had the same team next year as currently constructed this year, he wouldn't win more that a couple of games. It would be a similar disaster as we see now. Under the assumption that the team will be better, and perhaps 3 or 4 wins is possible. Whatever happens, the team has to make sure they get the right guy or we'll be wasting 2-3 years of time.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible

What? Half of that doesn't make sense or has nothing to do with what I posted. When or where did I mention Young or a QB in general?

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
If these guys suck (like some claim), then why are teams going to give their right nut to draft one of them? The Texans have the worst QB situation in football, if they are passing on these guys, then logic dictates that other teams would feel the same way.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
If these guys suck (like some claim), then why are teams going to give their right nut to draft one of them? The Texans have the worst QB situation in football, if they are passing on these guys, then logic dictates that other teams would feel the same way.
IMHO the issues not only in the QBs being average but also the fact we don’t have the right coaches, mentors, or team around them to support and help them succeed.

It is more of a luxury pick at this point. Having a rookie QB sit a year is a waste compared to drafting a defensive player that would have an immediate impact.