Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13: The Brown stains smear the Texans

vtech9

All Pro
At the start of the season, I had high hopes for a victory, and revenge, in this game, but I have to be real. The Texans suck. Lovie only seems to have any fire when he is asked questions on the podium. On the field, he just looks lost, and so does the rest of the defense.

Pep's "No-Coast Offense" is worse than Tim Kelly's offense, and I never ever thought I'd say any OC is worse than Tim Kelly. Just sad.

As much as I'd like to see the Texans beat the Browns, and WD-40, I just don't see it happening.

The Brown stains smear the Texans: 28-9

Here it is, the week we've been dreading. All set up for you by the NFL and it's desire to make money at the cost of legitimacy. Isn't it just amazing Watson's suspension is over the week they play Houston? The NFL is more concerned about the potential dollars than anything else.

I hope we see some protesters and signs at the game. As to the game itself, the Texans will lose. They can't do anything otherwise at this point. Chubb alone can win the game for Cleveland without the use of a criminal QB.

Here it is, the week we've been dreading. All set up for you by the NFL and it's desire to make money at the cost of legitimacy. Isn't it just amazing Watson's suspension is over the week they play Houston? The NFL is more concerned about the potential dollars than anything else.

I hope we see some protesters and signs at the game. As to the game itself, the Texans will lose. They can't do anything otherwise at this point. Chubb alone can win the game for Cleveland without the use of a criminal QB.
Sorry for stealing your thunder on the game thread, but that title was just going through my head, and need to be said.

My brother in law mentioned how no one should pay a dime to go to this game and everyone should stay home since the NFL did this on purpose.

Aaron Wilson on Twitter posted on Rotoworld: Eno Benjamin will likely see his first playing time with the Texans.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Nov 28, 2022, 2:08 PM ET
Texans placed RB Rex Burkhead in the concussion protocol.
Burkhead was injured against the Dolphins and diagnosed with a concussion. His status is now in question for Week 13 against the Browns. If Burkhead is unable to suit up on Sunday, Eno Benjamin will likely see his first playing time with the Texans.

Something tells me…..anyone in the Texans organization interviewed before this game should have a small personally monogrammed towel hanging over their shoulder.

I don't care who starts the thread title, I was just trying to inject some levity into this morbid ass place. :lol:
I am not really sure you should be mentioning that in your last sentence with you know who coming in this weekend

I can assure you I will continue to take the Texans as seriously as they deserve. LOL

I posted my thread title, but mods said it was too vulgar. I totally agreed with them and that was my best attempt at keeping things clean.

If radio station was smart they would be handing out commemorative towels with a caption that says I'm a sexual predator on one side and I'm asick pervert on the other with Derrick's picture on both sides. Then I might think about going to the game just for the towel.

I'm filled with hate for the NFL and Towel Boy because of this game.

The NFL, once again, finds a way to flip the proverbial bird at Houston.

And Towel Boy is going to strut. Ultimately, he got away with it and was rewarded. Yeah, missed a few games, paid a few bucks, but in the end, he'll be strutting around NRG yelling "this is my house!" like he's 2006 VY.

The Texans will do little to nothing to stop him because they lack the talent, coaching ability, and simple pride. He's going to be like Meadowlark Lemon playing the Washington Generals.

I'm ignoring this game, both pre- and post-. Like it never existed. I don't care about a 1 win team and I don't care to see them humiliated yet again.

Something tells me…..anyone in the Texans organization interviewed before this game should have a small personally monogrammed towel hanging over their shoulder.
Every answer to every question should be, “there was no sex involved. But if there was it was consensual.”

for example, “Chistian, you were drafted by Cleveland in 2014. What does this game mean to you?”

Kirksey, “there was no sex involved. But if there was it was consensual.”

This game infuriates me. The fact that the NFL found it ok for Houston to be Watsons return to the field is simply disrespectful on all levels. Watson was rewarded for his misbehavior (both in private and towards the team publicly), with a new team, a new contract, and now the ability to come into NRG rub it in.

And to make it worse.....there isn't a damn thing the franchise, the players, the coaches or the fans can do to stop it.

The only thing that will make me happy is to see Houston implement a bounty system much like New Orleans did vs Brett Favre. Damn the optics. Damn the punishment. Show some fortitude.

This game infuriates me. The fact that the NFL found it ok for Houston to be Watsons return to the field is simply disrespectful on all levels. Watson was rewarded for his misbehavior (both in private and towards the team publicly), with a new team, a new contract, and now the ability to come into NRG rub it in.

And to make it worse.....there isn't a damn thing the franchise, the players, the coaches or the fans can do to stop it.

The only thing that will make me happy is to see Houston implement a bounty system much like New Orleans did vs Brett Favre. Damn the optics. Damn the punishment. Show some fortitude.

Yep, I will be happy if Derrick is unable to walk out of NRG. Score be damned.

I totally agree. The NFL saw this game as a ratings bonanza and screwed the Texans by giving him an 11 game suspension, already knowing the schedule. This, after the Texans bailed out Roger by paying the Perv to sit in 2021 so he didn't have to suspend him. And then, getting the NFL off the hook for affirmative action by hiring another black HC (1 only 3 in the NFL). Of the 10 new head coaches in 2022 only 2 are black.
I would like to see Cal grow a pair and tell Roger that the Texans have done more than their share of helping the league - NOW WE ARE GOING TO HELP OURSELVES!!!!

I would like to see Cal grow a pair and tell Roger that the Texans have done more than their share of helping the league - NOW WE ARE GOING TO HELP OURSELVES!!!!
How do you suggest they help themselves?

He should’ve been suspended for the entire year. But the NFL is the biggest pimps out there. It’s all about the money.

Texans 23
Browns 20

I'm ignoring this game, both pre- and post-. Like it never existed. I don't care about a 1 win team and I don't care to see them humiliated yet again.
Going to be more Watson fans than anything. Some even wearing steel blue
I would like to think this is the one game Texans fans would show up in mass to bring their wrath upon the opponent. If you can't get up for this, maybe this franchise is dead. I remember when you couldn't hear youself think at Reliant. And the team wasn't much better than the one that takes the field, now. I guess the days of Texans fans having emotion are just gone.

He should’ve been suspended for the entire year. But the NFL is the biggest pimps out there. It’s all about the money.

Texans 23
Browns 20

ehh, reality is the volume regarding the "outrage" seems like it got turned up & the NFL should've done more...... only b/c his diehard fans piped down a bit singing his praises to where you can now hear that vocal minority of critics much easier now. But the other part & perhaps more telling part of that same reality is..he still has more fans than people care to admit...& if he comes back & plays well, he'll garner even more new fans.......... who combined with his diehards will collectively again drown out that vocal minority of critics again if he manages to stay on the straight and arrow.......Just like they did with:

Ben Rothlisberger
Mike Vick
Dante Stallworth
Ray Rice

& any other star player that has gotten into trouble. The NFL knows this & doesn't kid themselves..not sure why fans don't.

Yep, I will be happy if Derrick is unable to walk out of NRG. Score be damned.

Normally we'd frown on such an unsportsmanlike mentality, but every rule has an exception. I'm with you. I want to see broken. :evil:

I would like to think this is the one game Texans fans would show up in mass to bring their wrath upon the opponent. If you can't get up for this, maybe this franchise is dead. I remember when you couldn't hear youself think at Reliant. And the team wasn't much better than the one that takes the field, now. I guess the days of Texans fans having emotion are just gone.

Houston fans know in their hearts that this is a classic Lucy-holding-ball set up game.

We've experienced this setup for decades and can feel it in our bones.

There is barely anyone left caring about this franchise. They've done just about everything they can to alienate the fanbase and their seemingly infinite arrogance and obvious greed is at odds with a working class fan base.

Cal, the little naked emperor, has enough yes-men around him to ensure that nobody will mention his lack of clothes and lack of football acumen, so the merry-go-round just continues to go around in circles while Cal goes up and down on his fake, but very pretty, horsie.

ehh, reality is the volume regarding the "outrage" seems like it got turned up & the NFL should've done more...... only b/c his diehard fans piped down a bit singing his praises to where you can now hear that vocal minority of critics much easier now. But the other part & perhaps more telling part of that same reality is..he still has more fans than people care to admit...& if he comes back & plays well, he'll garner even more new fans.......... who combined with his diehards will collectively again drown out that vocal minority of critics again if he manages to stay on the straight and arrow.......Just like they did with:

Ben Rothlisberger
Mike Vick
Dante Stallworth
Ray Rice

& any other star player that has gotten into trouble. The NFL knows this & doesn't kid themselves..not sure why fans don't.

And perhaps there is no greater examples of the decline of western civilization and it's growing lack of morals and standards.

Yeah, let's overpay our entertainers and celebrate them even whey they are dispicable human beings. Sounds like a true recipe for eventual society meltdown and collapse, coming soon to a city near you. This situation is just a symptom of a much greater disease in this country.

And perhaps there is no greater examples of the decline of western civilization and it's growing lack of morals and standards.

Yeah, let's overpay our entertainers and celebrate them even whey they are dispicable human beings. Sounds like a true recipe for eventual society meltdown and collapse, coming soon to a city near you. This situation is just a symptom of a much greater disease in this country.

This is just what we as older folks are seeing in our time but i'd argue this is nothing new. People have always been willing to look the other way with Morals and Standards for the right price... Andrew Carnegie only sought to put his name on everything he could b/c he was trying to cleanse his name & legacy of all the smut and crap he undertook building his steel empire. Its the rich..not entertainers. But I'm sure parents of girls in the late 19th century thought the same thing when thier baby girls dared to make pants a regular clothing option for them instead of southern belle dresses lol.....

& there are plenty of fans who still care about the Texans.....me for 1...Like me tho, they likely just don't care enough to drop 100+ bucks to go sit in a stadium and watch them get handled..like me, they probably figure they can just sit at home & watch them get boat-raced for free..

Stros have been good for years now..I've bought 1 Astros T-shirt in that time frame...& that was after this last WS title.

Bottom line is, they're here and willing to support...just not for nothing anymore which was the case for like the 1st 10 years.......They gotta start winning now.

Last edited:
Normally we'd frown on such an unsportsmanlike mentality, but every rule has an exception. I'm with you. I want to see broken. :evil:

Houston fans know in their hearts that this is a classic Lucy-holding-ball set up game.

We've experienced this setup for decades and can feel it in our bones.

There is barely anyone left caring about this franchise. They've done just about everything they can to alienate the fanbase and their seemingly infinite arrogance and obvious greed is at odds with a working class fan base.

Cal, the little naked emperor, has enough yes-men around him to ensure that nobody will mention his lack of clothes and lack of football acumen, so the merry-go-round just continues to go around in circles while Cal goes up and down on his fake, but very pretty, horsie.

Agreed, what would you say the McNair's have done differently lately to alienate the fans that they haven't been doing since they brought a football team back to Houston?

Totally agree with your last post.

Ben Rothlisberger
Mike Vick
Dante Stallworth
Ray Rice

This is why I hope they end his career on Sunday.

Even if they lose 100-0 I would consider that to be a great day.

Back