Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13:Texans colts GAME DAY

Mangler

Toro de España

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
It's truly amazing how everything Watson does is both heavily criticized and praised in TT. I honestly don't get it.

Watson, BY FAR, is the least of this team's problems.
Watson's play, BY FAR, is not the reason the Texans lost yesterday.

All I'm seeing today are 100s of pictures, stills, videos on the botched snap and the safety.
What else are we suppose to talk about? It was the game deciding play.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
This is the best video I have seen of the snap/fumble. Stop the video at the one second mark and see where the ball is...

Yeah seeing it from that angle I can’t put any blame on Watson as not only does it barely touch his fingers but one of the defenders is on top of him half a second later. Looking at it there if Martin has done either of his jobs right, snap or block, play might have been a sack instead of a fumble.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
After watching this video from behind Martin and stopping at the one second mark. Do you still feel the same way?

Looking at it from this angle I’m surprised DW got a hand(s) on it. I stopped it right after the snap and DW is almost completely upright and the ball is to his left and shin high. Unfortunately the hands he did get on it deflected it just enough to shoot off where he was unsure where it ended up for a split second.

disaacks3

Staff member
I will tell you what he said, he should have caught it. You either can believe him or not. I'm certainly not going to change your mind.

Yes it was a bad snap and yes he should have caught it.
And I never expected to hear the #1 DW4 hater on here to change his.

At least you can see it was a bad snap. I’ll consider that progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And I never expected to hear the #1 DW4 hater on here to change his.

At least you can see it was a bad snap. I’ll consider that progress.

What's your point?

DW4 said he should've caught the snap. That's my point.

BTW, I'm not a hater, I just realize he's not an elite QB. But I guess in Texans rah rah land that somehow makes me a hater.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Because if that snap has been good or caught or the guy blocked odds are none of those other things matter. Again back to the Pats/Seahawks super bowl, which play in that game is most talked about?
My point is we're spending too much time on whether a snap was catchable, not the whole play itself. The poor snap & missed block are bigger sins in my book, opposed to a QB dropping a poor snap.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
My point is we're spending too much time on whether a snap was catchable, not the whole play itself. The poor snap & missed block are bigger sins in my book, opposed to a QB dropping a poor snap.
No one has said Martin didn’t deserve most of the blame, in fact I said exactly that, but I don’t understand how you can say we should look at the whole play and then say we should focus on the snap and bad block. Neither of those things were ever in question what was in question was how bad the snap was and whether it could be salvaged.

News flash that wasn’t in question because people are running down Watson it was in question because, until Earl posted his video, we didn’t have a good angle to truly judge it by. So can we not talk about what if any part Watson plays in game ending play if there is a chance he might get critiqued for it?

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
What's your point?

DW4 said he should've caught the snap. That's my point.

BTW, I'm not a hater, I just realize he's not an elite QB. But I guess in Texans rah rah land that somehow makes me a hater.
DW4 taking the blame on himself doesn’t make it a better snap... or you any less of a hater.
How about Watson being a consummate leader and taking the blame for a horrendous snap by Martin. Did anyone interview Martin's arse after the game and ask him about his poor snap? No, they went to Watson and he took the blame. Some of you blindly take that statement to once again, try and solidify your agenda, but to no avail. Those of us that possess a set of eyes, reality, and reasoning skills would completely understand why Watson took the blame.

austins23

Hall of Fame
It was hot and low outside, but he still managed to get hands on it... why he blames himself

View attachment 7153
The hell with the snap/fumble...look at Martin. Who the hell does he think he is going to block with that technique!?!? That is just flat out horrible. All the D lineman has to do is slap him on the shoulder pad and Martin is done! Actually he's done at the point captured in this screen shot, he's on his arse with a slap to the shoulder pad.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How about Watson being a consummate leader and taking the blame for a horrendous snap by Martin. Did anyone interview Martin's arse after the game and ask him about his poor snap? No, they went to Watson and he took the blame. Some of you blindly take that statement to once again, try and solidify your agenda, but to no avail. Those of us that possess a set of eyes, reality, and reasoning skills would completely understand why Watson took the blame.
Trust your eyes instead of the mans words.

OK

Bottom line is he caught many snaps throughout the game like that one but missed the one that counted. Why do you think he was so despondent after the game?

amazing80

Hall of Fame

OK

Bottom line is he caught many snaps throughout the game like that one but missed the one that counted. Why do you think he was so despondent after the game?
Because the team is trash and he's never been a part of a losing organization in his life. He is a winner at everything. He puts the burden of carrying the team on his shoulders and even he cannot carry this garbage franchise to the top. It's taking a toll

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

OK

I will answer!

At that point and time DW realized something:

His career is going to end up just like Andre Johnson and JJ Watt.

He realized he is surrounded by talentless hacks that at best will take a few years to clean up the roster with talent and dump worthless contracts like the guy who hiked him the ball.

He realized his fate is in Cal McNairs ability to hire a GM and HC.

He realized that there were 3 teams that could have drafted him as QB and he would be in a better spot to succeed:

Browns
Bears
Chiefs

That is the point and time reality hit DW that the odds are against him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I will answer!

At that point and time DW realized something:

His career is going to end up just like Andre Johnson and JJ Watt.

He realized he is surrounded by talentless hacks that at best will take a few years to clean up the roster with talent and dump worthless contracts like the guy who hiked him the ball.

He realized his fate is in Cal McNairs ability to hire a GM and HC.

He realized that there were 3 teams that could have drafted him as QB and he would be in a better spot to succeed:

Browns
Bears
Chiefs

That is the point and time reality hit DW that the odds are against him.
He's got way to much on his mind then. I dont think he was thinking this at all. I think he was thinking if I had just caught that snap we would still have chance at the playoff and now the season is over.

What do you think he was more likely thinking? What you posted LMAO

Or what I posted.

Texansballer74

The Marine
No one has said Martin didn’t deserve most of the blame, in fact I said exactly that, but I don’t understand how you can say we should look at the whole play and then say we should focus on the snap and bad block. Neither of those things were ever in question what was in question was how bad the snap was and whether it could be salvaged.

News flash that wasn’t in question because people are running down Watson it was in question because, until Earl posted his video, we didn’t have a good angle to truly judge it by. So can we not talk about what if any part Watson plays in game ending play if there is a chance he might get critiqued for it?
So why isn’t it being beat down like a drum then. That was a very critical very important snap. In which I might add cost us a shot at winning this game.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
The hell with the snap/fumble...look at Martin. Who the hell does he think he is going to block with that technique!?!? That is just flat out horrible. All the D lineman has to do is slap him on the shoulder pad and Martin is done! Actually he's done at the point captured in this screen shot, he's on his arse with a slap to the shoulder pad.
Martin must’ve gotten paid to whiff on that block.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
So why isn’t be beat down like a drum then. That was a very critical very important snap. In which I might add cost us a shot at winning this game.
A: He is being beaten like a drum or did you miss all the posts talking about how useless he is and how he has to go.

B: Watson isn't being beaten like a drum it was just a question of could he have done anything different.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

OK

Ok, Watson steps to the mic and states....Martin ducked up royally and it cost us the game. So, would the "man's" words be good with you now?

Texansballer74

The Marine
A: He is being beaten like a drum or did you miss all the posts talking about how useless he is and how he has to go.

B: Watson isn't being beaten like a drum it was just a question of could he have done anything different.
No he’s not. Especially not at the same rate energy as Watson.

Yes he is . I just woke up to at least 50 comments talking about the same sack/safety. Watson didn’t have a freaking chance or prayer on that play. That’s how badly NICK MARTIN got beat.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
No he’s not. Especially not at the same rate energy as Watson.

Yes he is . I just woke up to at least 50 comments talking about the same sack/safety. Watson didn’t have a freaking chance or prayer on that play. That’s how badly NICK MARTIN got beat.
Lol TB the more I read your comments the more I'm convinced you are just the opposite side of the same coin @steelbtexan is on. Read and see things the way that best fits your preconceived ideas and narrative and then ignore or spin anything that doesn't match that narrative. Difference is I'm pretty sure Steel does it just to watch people's heads exploded while he sits back and laughs, you I'm not so sure about.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
With all the analysis on the safety and fumble. One of the takeaways we haven't discuss is the Texans with little involvement by the TEs and Coutee and Hanson playing major roles went up against the Colts defense that:
  1. Scored safeties against the Vikings and Jets
  2. Ranked fourth in the least amount of points allowed in the second half
  3. For the 3rd time this season, didn't allow any points in the second half
  4. Only allowed 13 points in the second half of their last four games
  5. They are one of lowest blitzing teams while being top 10 at pressuring the QB with 4 DLs.
My point? Lost in the "analysis". The outmanned Texans offense went up against a really good defense and even with the bad OL play, safety, bad snap, and fumble, they didn't quit and held their own. Some folks A few posters will only see another loss against an "elite" defense, but there were some good things in that game.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Ok, Watson steps to the mic and states....Martin ducked up royally and it cost us the game. So, would the "man's" words be good with you now?
Yes, but he caught many snaps worse than that snap all day. It's not like Martin rolled the ball back to him. I believe he honestly thought that he could have caught that snap.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Back at you.

I've been critical of BOB.

Any other post is a lie.
Not with the same energy. You did give a bunch of excuses and you did give him a bunch slack.

That is a fact. And I don’t get butt hurt if someone thinks I lied about something. Good ducking try.

Pretty darn weak move there dude.
Bwhahaha some people

Texansballer74

The Marine
Lol TB the more I read your comments the more I'm convinced you are just the opposite side of the same coin @steelbtexan is on. Read and see things the way that best fits your preconceived ideas and narrative and then ignore or spin anything that doesn't match that narrative. Difference is I'm pretty sure Steel does it just to watch people's heads exploded while he sits back and laughs, you I'm not so sure about.
So basically he’s trolling and you’re good with that type of behavior. Now I know exactly how you get down. So quick to come charging at my comments but you welcome those that trolls.

Sorry mods I got sucked back into the rabbits hole.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
So basically he’s trolling and you’re good with that type of behavior. Now I know exactly how you get down. So quick to come charging at my comments but you welcome those that trolls.

Sorry mods I got sucked back into the rabbits hole.
I don't "welcome" those of trolls I just accept them for what they are and don't take them to seriously. I fell into the same trap when I first signed on this board and was arguing with him everyday about RS, something I still do every so often just for fun, then I realized it ultimately didn't matter. I was never going to change his mind no matter how many stats, interviews, expert opinions or anything else I posted with so why bother. Then I realized it wasn't the winning Steel enjoyed it was the fight itself so I just shifted my thinking to the same. You say he's a troll and in many ways you are exactly right but you know how you stop a troll, you stop feeding them. Steel posts anything and you and a couple of others come charging in and you argue with him and give him exactly what he wants when you would achieve more of what you are after by ignoring him. You want every thread to stop being about Watson then stop replying to him.

TB overall I like you man, you strike me as someone that would be cool to sit down and have a beer with but for some reason you take anything you see as an attack on Watson very personally. Could be you just like the guy, could be you know him or his family, hell for all I know you could be Watson, in which case you've been playing some nice games but target the damn TEs more. Because of that you seem to now see everything that I and a few other posters post as an attack on him every time we mention him in anything except glowing praise. Go back and read the posts on this snap for example, no one was really blaming Watson but from the first camera angle it looked like he could have secured it. Then Earl posted his video and pretty much everyone said yeah it was FUBAR from the start and there was nothing that could have been done. You say no one is attacking Martin but yes they have been in this and other threads mainly by saying he has to go no matter what his dead money is. If saying a player needs to be cut no matter the cost isn't slamming that player I don't know what is.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I don't "welcome" those of trolls I just accept them for what they are and don't take them to seriously. I fell into the same trap when I first signed on this board and was arguing with him everyday about RS, something I still do every so often just for fun, then I realized it ultimately didn't matter. I was never going to change his mind no matter how many stats, interviews, expert opinions or anything else I posted with so why bother. Then I realized it wasn't the winning Steel enjoyed it was the fight itself so I just shifted my thinking to the same. You say he's a troll and in many ways you are exactly right but you know how you stop a troll, you stop feeding them. Steel posts anything and you and a couple of others come charging in and you argue with him and give him exactly what he wants when you would achieve more of what you are after by ignoring him. You want every thread to stop being about Watson then stop replying to him.

TB overall I like you man, you strike me as someone that would be cool to sit down and have a beer with but for some reason you take anything you see as an attack on Watson very personally. Could be you just like the guy, could be you know him or his family, hell for all I know you could be Watson, in which case you've been playing some nice games but target the damn TEs more. Because of that you seem to now see everything that I and a few other posters post as an attack on him every time we mention him in anything except glowing praise. Go back and read the posts on this snap for example, no one was really blaming Watson but from the first camera angle it looked like he could have secured it. Then Earl posted his video and pretty much everyone said yeah it was FUBAR from the start and there was nothing that could have been done. You say no one is attacking Martin but yes they have been in this and other threads mainly by saying he has to go no matter what his dead money is. If saying a player needs to be cut no matter the cost isn't slamming that player I don't know what is.
Long winded much. Good grief

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
With all the analysis on the safety and fumble. One of the takeaways we haven't discuss is the Texans with little involvement by the TEs and Coutee and Hanson playing major roles went up against the Colts defense that:
  1. Scored safeties against the Vikings and Jets
  2. Ranked fourth in the least amount of points allowed in the second half
  3. For the 3rd time this season, didn't allow any points in the second half
  4. Only allowed 13 points in the second half of their last four games
  5. They are one of lowest blitzing teams while being top 10 at pressuring the QB with 4 DLs.
My point? Lost in the "analysis". The outmanned Texans offense went up against a really good defense and even with the bad OL play, safety, bad snap, and fumble, they didn't quit and held their own. Some folks will only see another loss against an "elite" defense, but there were some good things in that game.
I remember when I first saw the score, didn't catch the game was with family, my first thought was "Wow didn't expect it to be that close" offense did good overall, defense actually has kind of impressed me these last few games and overall it was a good team effort. Think one of the biggest problems is we as fans are tired of good team efforts and almost had it in the big, really want to win this one, games. Think back to the Saints/Texans game was it last season or year before? The one we came from behind on and would have won if the defense had played like the Saints only needed a field goal and not a touchdown. Texans did well but its like a Hallmark movie with a sad ending, everything was leading you to believe it was going to all work out then the rug gets pulled out from under you and all you can do is ask why.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
The only part of your post I disagree with - 'some folks' is 1 to maybe 4 people depending on how deep down the rabbit hole they have to be to qualify. Everyone else just gets lumped in because they don't ONLY post positive things.
Fair point and I agree. The post has been modified.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not with the same energy. You did give a bunch of excuses and you did give him a bunch slack.

That is a fact. And I don’t get butt hurt if someone thinks I lied about something. Good ducking try.

Pretty darn weak move there dude.
Bwhahaha some people
Now you into I dont use the same energy. LMAO

I'm in the same camp as you when it comes to me giving 2 fvcks about what people think about me.

Lying is more of a revelation of a guys somebody's character than anything else.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Now you into I dont use the same energy. LMAO

I'm in the same camp as you when it comes to me giving 2 fvcks about what people think about me.

Lying is more of a revelation of a guys somebody's character than anything else.
I’ve been saying this and you guys really don’t. Again let us see you flood ever thread about Martins (C) play.

And I’m not going to go there. One of the mods posted again today about one the main rules.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’ve been saying this and you guys really don’t. Again let us see you flood ever thread about Martins (C) play.

And I’m not going to go there. One of the mods posted again today about one the main rules.
Martin sucks bring him up in every thread and I will repond to it.

He not only has lower limb (Ankle issues) which cause him to have a weak base for his position. But apparently he isn't very good with OL calls or picking up stunts. (I know DW4 makes the protection calls)

Bring up Martin more after every game and I will respond to every Martin post that you put out there.

Tell you what, why dont you start a Martin's the greatest thread and we can go back and forth on how much Martin sucks.