Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13:Texans colts GAME DAY

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
For some reason I've never thought very highly of Phillip Rivers, even though he's been a good QB in the past. I think this is a highly winnable game for the Texans. But, we are talking about the Texans here.

As to a prediction, I wouldn't make one. Between trusting Rivers to not have one of his good days and the Texans being as erratic as they are, there's no telling the outcome.

bigmck

Rookie
For some reason I've never thought very highly of Phillip Rivers, even though he's been a good QB in the past. I think this is a highly winnable game for the Texans. But, we are talking about the Texans here.

As to a prediction, I wouldn't make one. Between trusting Rivers to not have one of his good days and the Texans being as erratic as they are, there's no telling the outcome.
You also have to factor in the defensive backs he is playing against..........That being said, I still think the Texans will rise to the occasion and win 28-14.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I'm going to go with a 24-21 game provided Fairbairn can make his kicks. Sure hope Watt kept that turkey leg handy as a reminder.

OptimisticTexan

Guy on 610 radio today said our crap rushing is good for Dashaun as he knows it and has stepped up his game. I still want a better RB or two.
I absolutely believe the Texans should be prepared to release David Johnson in the off-season. The Texans could sit down with Duke Johnson and ask him to renegotiate his contract since he's not worth the money being paid.....if he refuses, try to trade him or just cut him.

The Texans are in no position draft wise to use a pick on a RB in 2021 so the next best move may be to go cheap with upside veteran RB(s) to cover next season and probably 2022.

Le'Veon Bell isn't getting any touches in KC b/c the Chiefs have proven they don't really need a running game to win games. I believe Bell will be looking for much better opportunities for 2021 and the Texans would be the prime fit since they have a solid QB, new staff, and a need for RB's. He'd be affordable in an opportunity to resurrect his career.

Leonard Fournette is also going to be available after the 2021 season. I don't see him going back to TB as depth chart RB. TB is probably not the team he was expecting when he decided to sign with them. If Brady keeps up this type of play.....I wouldn't be shocked to see him hang up his cleats and get fitted for his gold jacket. Fournette will also be hungry to catch on with a team needing a solid RB. LF is still young enough to resurrrect his career with the right opportunity and the Texans are perfect match.

Bell and Fournette are definitely not David Johnson RB's. These guys are still young enough and could answer the Texans needs on the cheap which could allow the team to focus on other areas of need in the draft in 2021 and maybe 2022.

By the way, my Texans prediction of 24-21 still stands.

texanhead08

All Pro
I absolutely believe the Texans should be prepared to release David Johnson in the off-season. The Texans could sit down with Duke Johnson and ask him to renegotiate his contract since he's not worth the money being paid.....if he refuses, try to trade him or just cut him.

The Texans are in no position draft wise to use a pick on a RB in 2021 so the next best move may be to go cheap with upside veteran RB(s) to cover next season and probably 2022.

Le'Veon Bell isn't getting any touches in KC b/c the Chiefs have proven they don't really need a running game to win games. I believe Bell will be looking for much better opportunities for 2021 and the Texans would be the prime fit since they have a solid QB, new staff, and a need for RB's. He'd be affordable in an opportunity to resurrect his career.

Leonard Fournette is also going to be available after the 2021 season. I don't see him going back to TB as depth chart RB. TB is probably not the team he was expecting when he decided to sign with them. If Brady keeps up this type of play.....I wouldn't be shocked to see him hang up his cleats and get fitted for his gold jacket. Fournette will also be hungry to catch on with a team needing a solid RB. LF is still young enough to resurrrect his career with the right opportunity and the Texans are perfect match.

Bell and Fournette are definitely not David Johnson RB's. These guys are still young enough and could answer the Texans needs on the cheap which could allow the team to focus on other areas of need in the draft in 2021 and maybe 2022.

By the way, my Texans prediction of 24-21 still stands.

I wouldn't touch Fournette with a 10 foot pole that dude has been missing multiple games a season all his life.

Colts 28
Texans 20

OptimisticTexan

I wouldn't touch Fournette with a 10 foot pole that dude has been missing multiple games a season all his life.

Colts 28
Texans 20
So have the guys currently under contract....only they’ve been dressing for games.

Fournette would come cheap enough that the Texans could easily afford to kick the tires.

Decim8

Veteran
34 - 17 to the colts. The better team wins plain and simple. Too much for our best player to overcome

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But you've got to put the game in his hands. If they're running the crap out of the ball to where Big Philly doesn't have to do much, then he won't be that TO machine.
We’ve got what? One INT by a defensive back all season? Our LBs don’t know what a zone is. & a DE leads the team in PBUs.

Phillip Rivers is going to have a hex of a game

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That Indy D is really good .... if they are at full strength , they are at least the second best defense the Texans will face all year (Pittsburgh).
WFV out , no running game .... Martin still starting at Center its a recipe for disaster.
No need to make excuses.

The Texans have a generational QB.

There should be no problem putting up points

I hate WFV isn't here because I can already feel the excuses in the air. Good defenses and the Texans offense struggles go hand in hand.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Colts 45
Texans 13

The Texans don't have their best receiver. The Colts can shut Cooks down and keep Watson from scrambling. The Colts blitz only 19.3% of the time but still get a lot of pressure (23.1%) on the QB. The Colts are a very good tackling defense. I don't know how the Texans are going to generate any kind of sustainable drives against this defense.

On the other side of the ball, the Texans defense isn't real good at anything. They don't tackle well. They don't cover well. And now they're without their best corner, maybe their most consistent player on defense.

Last edited:

Decim8

Veteran
They're missing their LT though. This could really impact Rivers.
Against this defense? Lol yet watson missed tunsil against the pats and he didn't do to bad

No need to make excuses.

The Texans have a generational QB.

There should be no problem putting up points
We have no running game, our best wr is now out, our defense can't stop anybody, we're playing a far better team than ours and yet we should have no problems putting up points.......gummon man lol

The only thing we have going for us is that its a divisional game - any given sunday

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Against this defense? Lol yet watson missed tunsil against the pats and he didn't do to bad

We have no running game, our best wr is now out, our defense can't stop anybody, we're playing a far better team than ours and yet we should have no problems putting up points.......gummon man lol

The only thing we have going for us is that its a divisional game - any given sunday
This is what I'm talking about

The narrative has been set.

If WFV is that important they should give his roided up azz 30 mil guaranteed over the next 3 years.

Decim8

Veteran
This is what I'm talking about

The narrative has been set.

If WFV is that important they should give his roided up azz 30 mil guaranteed over the next 3 years.
I still don't understand where your coming from steelb? Is what I mentioned not true though?

What is your expectation on this game?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I still don't understand where your coming from steelb? Is what I mentioned not true though?

What is your expectation on this game?
I expect DW4 to keep up the hot streak he's on against better defenses.

The W/L doesn't really matter since this is a lost season anyways.

My point is if losing 1 player other than your QB shuts an offense down then pay that man regardless of whether he's on roids or not. WFV must be that important.

Decim8

Veteran
I expect DW4 to keep up the hot streak he's on against better defenses.

The W/L doesn't really matter since this is a lost season anyways.

My point is if losing 1 player other than your QB shuts an offense down then pay that man regardless of whether he's on roids or not. WFV must be that important.
Riiiiiight i gotcha now.

I'm suprised you expect DW4 to have a good game against the colts defense though. I expect him to have a tough day esp since they don't have to worry about our run game.