Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 12: Lions, Turkeys and Cranberry Sauce

Guinea pigs were pets, food, and a source of fur. You might not think so because of how small they are, but they were heavily utilized in South America. Dogs were in the same boat as guinea pigs, if you ran out of food your pet got roasted for dinner. People used dogs for food, work and protection besides as just pets.

edit to add: All those animals I mentioned, all of them were domesticated in Central America and South America. North Americans didn't have any domesticated animals for food except the dog. They fished an hunted for their all their meat, except the dog. The domesticated turkey was domesticated in Mexico and made it way north after about 500 AD or so.

another addition: North Americans along a lot of river waterways utilized clam farms, and in some cases, creative fish farming. Archeologists have found many clam middens in North America. They would also divert a small channel from a river and allow it to fill a lake and used that for fish farming. But clams and fishes aren't considered as "domesticated" because they used wild stock.
Turkey was running north to avoid giblets and gravy.

Ok so on the sky studio they were saying that you guys don’t have Yorkshire pudding with your turkey dinner!?

Good to see Watt having a good game and Watson is looking like a duel threat QB should. Force the defense to pick their poison and risk you throwing or running it.

Long as they don't pretend to have a running game we should be looking good.
Running game more positive than I expected mixed with Duke's catching.

Wth is yorkshire pudding? We might just call it something different?
It’s a sort of batter mix roasted in the oven. A little Googling has revealed that you may have heard of a ‘popover’ (which I hadn’t previously heard of) but the British batter mixture is quite different giving a soft savoury ‘pudding’.

It’s a sort of batter mix roasted in the oven. A little Googling has revealed that you may have heard of a ‘popover’ (which I hadn’t previously heard of) but the British batter mixture is quite different giving a soft savoury ‘pudding’.

I'd suspect we have things in that family but probably not the same...

Defense should be ready to make the run game a little more difficult once the Lions hit the Red Zone.

How in the hail can the defense prove their ineptness any better than this play? Stafford hands off and takes a Sunday stroll towards the endzone while the back telegraphs HB Option and in slow motion heaves a slow-pitch unlimited arch pass to Stafford as he strolling towards the endzone and admiring the cut-outs in the stands and catches the ball while a Texans LB and S are flying in on the coverage. Thank goodness that the refs called incompletion. They should've thrown a flag on the Texans defense.....where the hail were you guys on this slow-motion play. Lost like a hitter seeing a knuckleball for the first time!!!!!

How in the hail can the defense prove their ineptness any better than this play? Stafford hands off and takes a Sunday stroll towards the endzone while the back telegraphs HB Option and in slow motion heaves a slow-pitch unlimited arch pass to Stafford as he strolling towards the endzone and admiring the cut-outs in the stands and catches the ball while a Texans LB and S are flying in on the coverage. Thank goodness that the refs called incompletion. They should've thrown a flag on the Texans defense.....where the hail were you guys on this slow-motion play. Lost like a hitter seeing a knuckleball for the first time!!!!!
Looking at Mercilus on that play, looks like he's been on a "see food" diet during his COVID quarantine.

Back