Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans. TIE FOR FIRST!!!!

Keep in mind Travis met Taylor Swifts family prior to the game for the first time. I don’t know but that could have no question had an impact on his performance. Mahomes has been up and down all year. Not sure if it's him or teams are just playing him better. Time will tell.

Very, very true. I hope Meco has the team down to earth and not stuck on the wins we have been pulling out. Last thing we want is to think we can beat everyone and make dumb mistakes and think/try too much. We have to stick to the game plan and go out and execute it. Doesn't mean you are going to win but it does mean you don't get out of the "smart way to play" and into a game of poor and forced plays. Which end up costing you.
Agree.
Just because you beat them convincingly early in the season don't mean you are automatically going to do it again.

Keep in mind Travis met Taylor Swifts family prior to the game for the first time. I don’t know but that could have no question had an impact on his performance. Mahomes has been up and down all year. Not sure if it's him or teams are just playing him better. Time will tell.

Could Bieniemy not being there anymore be a factor? Hell, he has Sam Howell leading the league in passing yards.

It'll actually make it more difficult. Pederson is legit, this is a matter of pride, their "Super Bowl" if you will.

Welcome to The Jungle
Awesome, do they have fun and games?

I've heard they have everything I want.

I do hope those declaring the Jags win convincingly have to eat crow. I dont understand where some people find the confidence inspite of history and our last meeting.

I understand the Texans can still lose. I understand that they aren't the same teams that met week 3 let alone of years past..... but logically I understand a Texans fan being more overly confident than a Jags fan.

Maybe its just me, I don't like the taste of crow and hate to count my chickens before they are nuggets.

Last edited:
Could Bieniemy not being there anymore be a factor? Hell, he has Sam Howell leading the league in passing yards.

I mean... technically. But it gets funky when you have some guys having had a bye and other guys not having had a bye. Howell's leading the league in passing yards because he hasn't had a bye, yet, so he's played an extra game.

Until we're done with the byes, you have to look at yards per game. Howell is 5th in yards per game (at least, right now). And your point still holds up. He's doing great. Bienemy is doing a great job for a guy who apparently doesn't do a good job in interviews.

Currently, STROUD is leading the league in yards per game. Which is not something I ever expected to type this season.

Bienemy is doing a great job for a guy who apparently doesn't do a good job in interviews.
I think it was a good move for Bienemy to step out, away from Reid. Removes all the "is it Bienemy/Reid" question.

If the Redskins dump Rivera, maybe Bienemy gets an opportunity as interim HC. If he doesn't get a HC job this offseason, there will be a bunch of OC jobs available for him to further establish himself as a quality coach & help overcome his interveiwing issues.

Personally, I think the Cheifs original version when Reid first took the HC spot it was him. He used some good players, a few rookies and a decent QB. He got fairly good results but not a SB or anything. Then, enter Bieniemy and Mahomes (and a few other young players) and KC is starting to look like the Patriots with Brady. Now, you have Andy and Mahomes...but you are missing the play caller...Bieniemy. Meaning that the team is learning a new system and the guy who WAS calling plays is gone. All the talk about who was call the plays Bieniemy or Andy...appears that it was indeed Bieniemy after all.

Awesome, do they have fun and games?

I've heard they have everything I want.

I do hope those declaring the Jags win convincingly have to eat crow. I dont understand where some people find the confidence inspite of history and our last meeting.

I understand the Texans can still lose. I understand that they aren't the same teams that met week 3 let alone of years past..... but logically I understand a Texans fan being more overly confident than a Jags fan.

Maybe its just me, I don't like the taste of crow and hate to count my chickens before they are nuggets.

I agree with you. I think if we run our game plan like we have the past 3 weeks...we will either win or only lose by a few points, very close. If they screw up the game plan and make stupid mistakes thinking it will be as easy as last game...we will lose big and it could even start a skid. So, for me, I pray that Meco has them even keel and ready for war, not a destruction like last game

Personally, I think the Cheifs original version when Reid first took the HC spot it was him. He used some good players, a few rookies and a decent QB. He got fairly good results but not a SB or anything. Then, enter Bieniemy and Mahomes (and a few other young players) and KC is starting to look like the Patriots with Brady. Now, you have Andy and Mahomes...but you are missing the play caller...Bieniemy. Meaning that the team is learning a new system and the guy who WAS calling plays is gone. All the talk about who was call the plays Bieniemy or Andy...appears that it was indeed Bieniemy after all.
You do realize how bad the Redskins offense is this yr?

They also have a below average QB. Mahomes was not below average! Lol, captain obvious right?
Howell has actually been surprisingly good this yr.

The OL on the otherhand has been terrible and their defense with all those 1st rd picks is worse. That's supposed to be Rivera's specialty.

I just want to see improvement on some of the problems we've had the last few weeks. If we do, the wins will come easier and that's all the better. Shore up the BS and dominate. Stay healthy.

**** Jacksoffville and take first.

giphy.gif

Let’s go!

3 years of miserable football in the past. Winning football team in the present and future. Starts today!

He is -not- leading the league in yards. He has an extra game on most. I think he’ll fall to like 5 or 6 by the end of the day.
He was leading the league in total yards as of my posting. CJ is actually leading the league in PYPG as of this posting

I haven't been this excited for a Texans game in a while. What a feeling. We are clearly capable of winning this game. Just build up on what works, be smart, and foot on the gas later in the game if there is a chance to pull away!

Things I don't want to see:
1) Defense letting the Jags march down the field for a TD on their first offensive possession.
2)Offense switching to turtle mode if we have a lead. If you can crush a team's spirit, do it!
3)Injuries. I don't want them.

Last edited:
I'll be watching this game from the comfort of my Pacific Northwest home. I'm excited to see what these young men can do. Win and they lead the AFC South. Lose and they may tumble out of the Playoffs. Crazy to think of this level of turn around under what looks to be an astounding coaching staff lead by Demeco Ryans. (Its better than watching the perennial mediocrity of the Seahawks lead by Pete Carrol.)

INACTIVES

Jaguars

WR Elijah Cooks

CB Tyson Campbell

DT Davon Hamilton

LB Yasir Abdullah

OL Cole Van Lanen

Texans

RB Mike Boone

OL Nick Broeker

WR Noah Brown

LB Jake Hansen

QB Case Keenum

DE Myjai Sanders

DB Jimmie Ward

INACTIVES

Jaguars

WR Elijah Cooks

CB Tyson Campbell

DT Davon Hamilton

LB Yasir Abdullah

OL Cole Van Lanen

Texans

RB Mike Boone

OL Nick Broeker

WR Noah Brown

LB Jake Hansen

QB Case Keenum

DE Myjai Sanders

DB Jimmie Ward

Looks like Ogunbowale has taken Boone’s spot. I am surprised Myjai Sanders is inactive with Horton out.

Watching live on Sky tonight, it’s the first time in years that I can remember Sky choosing our game for broadcast in the 6pm (noon for you guys) slot, speaks to how bad it’s been and the level of excitement to see CJ & co.

Back