Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 11: Commanding Bazoombas in Houston

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
This is exactly why giving any lead or opportunity to shine to this defense is absolutely worthless. Commandos are going to run the football and every dang person watching the game knows this as well…..and this defense still can’t stack the box and stop them.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
If you could trade for Carr (cheap), would you pick him up next year and avoid drafting a QB, would you do it?
The Raiders would have to dump or trade Carr next season or start paying him Mahomes/Watson type of money. That, or give him a front loaded extension which they may not want to do. I think the Raiders would be thinking Young in the draft to better mesh with what McDaniels would like to do offensively.

I believe Carr could get a lot of interest from the 49’ers, and Carr would be crazy if he didn’t sign the moment there was an offer. Carr would be a perfect fit for Shanahan’s offense.

I still think Nick Foles would be a right target for the Texans since the Colts probably release him at seasons end. Foles could be an excellent bridge QB for a couple of seasons.

Texansballer74

The Marine
You're shortening your window to win a championship.

In addition to no QB in this class being worth 1-1.
Championship. Man you’re tripping. Bringing in or drafting a quarterback does not shorten crap. Staying stagnant does.

And here you go again with this who is or isn’t worthy, like you’re this expert talent evaluator. I’ll trust Nick Caserio on the draft, he’s done pretty darn good in that department. Therefore, if he believe one of those guys are worthy. Draft him

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
He has cap hits of $34M in 23, $44M in 24 and $43M in 2025
Per OTC

Contract Notes
Derek Carr signed a three year, $120.5 million extension with the Raiders. $65.2 million is guaranteed of which $24.9 million is guaranteed at signing. If Carr is on the roster on the 3rd day of the waiver period in 2023, his 2023 base salary and $7.5 million of his 2024 base salary will be guaranteed. The extension created $500,000 in cap space for the Raiders in 2022.

The Raiders would have to dump or trade Carr next season or start paying him Mahomes/Watson type of money. That, or give him a front loaded extension which they may not want to do. I think the Raiders would be thinking Young in the draft to better mesh with what McDaniels would like to do offensively.

I believe Carr could get a lot of interest from the 49’ers, and Carr would be crazy if he didn’t sign the moment there was an offer. Carr would be a perfect fit for Shanahan’s offense.

I still think Nick Foles would be a right target for the Texans since the Colts probably release him at seasons end. Foles could be an excellent bridge QB for a couple of seasons.
I am a Nick Foles fan but there has to be a reason that with several teams he has been relegated to back up Qb with little to no playing time. Nick Foles has familarity with Frank Reich and he still was a back up Qb. Heck not only did Frank Reich not go with Nick Foles he demoted him to third string. It is likely that Nick Foles will retire after this season rather than possibly being back up on another team yet again. If Frank Reich would not even trust Nick Foles enough to play him to try and save his job than I can't see Nick being a fit on any other team. I would love to see Nick Foles resurrected to greatness on our team but I don't see that taking place. I would rather we draft a promising young Qb. We shall see what happens.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Cal loves Sunday afternoon naps, right after a nice big lunch - for years people kept showing up at his Daddy's house and making a bunch of noise, hootin and hollerin and whatnot.

Now that he has control of the team - sleepin like a baby on Sunday afternoon - since you can hear a pin drop in his Daddy's house now.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
How many Texans does it take to stop the run?

We don't know, we only know it is more than 11. Waaant Waaah

Punchline? The Texans.... the Texans are the punchline.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Cal loves Sunday afternoon naps, right after a nice big lunch - for years people kept showing up at his Daddy's house and making a bunch of noise, hootin and hollerin and whatnot.

Now that he has control of the team - sleepin like a baby on Sunday afternoon - since you can hear a pin drop in his Daddy's house now.
He'd be crapping his pants and running for the hills if his daddy started making noise now

Not gonna lie. This was the 1st CONCLUSIVE game in my eyes that Davis Mills looked defeated, confused and shell shocked. All other games save the Denver game, Mills produced a various mix of good and bad, NFL throws and forgettable ones. This game was all bad. Pep even went up tempo right from the start to get Mills in a rhythm and he throws a pick six on the opening series. The interior OL is a massive problem for this team, but Mills just didn't look good - at all.

Texans should consider sitting Mills for a couple of games, not because the result will likely change, but to get him out of this negative spiral the offense is in. The question is no longer that Houston will grab a QB, it's whether Mills is legitimate competition for the incoming pick.