Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 10: Giant Gabongas in New York

Gosh, this team drives me nuts. They did exactly what young players do to lose games:

- Pierce fumbles right near the red zone on a burgeoning drive
- Pitre misses a clear tackle to stop a drive and Slayton goes for a long TD
- Green gets called on a holding penalty on a Mills TD pass to Cooks, leading to...
- Mills underthrowing his WR on endzone go route, abetted by Green getting beat and thrown under pressure
- OL not dealing well with pressure all day, Green looking brutal

So frustrating watching this team because they are in most games, but constantly shoot themselves in the foot. Inconsistent with prolonged moments where they can hang with better opponents.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Just got back in from Iceland. Enjoyed a two for two on seeing the Northern Lights on Friday and Saturday. I just went through the scores and saw the Texans…..bummer. Pretty sure I’m not going to make it through the replay on Game Pass. I’ll go through the entire Game Day thread tomorrow at some point. Probably heading to bed b/c I’m tired and will be going to work in the morning, and it’s 2316 right now.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Honestly they just need to clean house and start all over.
So you don't think Caserio should get the chance to draft players he got from his Derrick trade? What did you expect when Lovie was hired as HC? Did you not expect what we're seeing?Most on here knew the team was going to be bad and was hoping the team would have close games. That's happened.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
So you don't think Caserio should get the chance to draft players he got from his Derrick trade? What did you expect when Lovie was hired as HC? Did you not expect what we're seeing?Most on here knew the team was going to be bad and was hoping the team would have close games. That's happened.
Dude, there is no point in arguing with anybody who is disappointed. They expected more, which was a mistake on their part. LOL

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Just got back in from Iceland. Enjoyed a two for two on seeing the Northern Lights on Friday and Saturday. I just went through the scores and saw the Texans…..bummer. Pretty sure I’m not going to make it through the replay on Game Pass. I’ll go through the entire Game Day thread tomorrow at some point. Probably heading to bed b/c I’m tired and will be going to work in the morning, and it’s 2316 right now.
When a QB is still on training wheels after this many games, you have to question whether it's the coaches or the QB?

When the real lights are turned on, the proficient ones are separated from the ones "with potential".

You once or twice asked me about the positives, but I had already answered that a long time ago, ever since he was drafted.
Mills can be really good without the noise (as few pressures as possible).

But that's hardly the case in the NFL; the QB has got to be able to throw muddy, minimize his mistakes under pressures (and then there are those who thrive under pressure).

Mills has some athleticism, but the good defenders in the NFL can be even faster than him.
And Mills just can't be slithery to escape from them.

Mills can't handle a chaotic environment.
Not the one you want to take into the final battles; not that this team is anywhere remotely close to sniff it.

When a QB is still on training wheels after this many games, you have to question whether it's the coaches or the QB?

When the real lights are turned on, the proficient ones are separated from the ones "with potential".

You once or twice asked me about the positives, but I had already answered that a long time ago, ever since he was drafted.

But that's hardly the case in the NFL; the QB has got to be able to throw muddy, minimize his mistakes under pressures (and then there are those who thrive under pressure).

Mills has some athleticism, but the good defenders in the NFL can be even faster than him.

Not the one you want to take into the final battles; not that this team is anywhere remotely close to sniff it.
Lol.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I hate to see that "locker room broken" stuff. It's a sure sign a new HC is on the horizon. But look on the bright side, we'll be on our 3rd HC in three years and starting over with a new HC inspired rebuild for the 3rd year in a row. We're eventually gonna get good at this rebuilding sh!t with all the practice we'll have. Of course that'll be after we've run out of the extra picks and traded our future picks for players.

1668381117318.png

badboy

Hall of Fame
Throughout the game, watching Daboll chew his OL out and then you look at the Texans sideline and not one coach is upset. Not one player is encouraging, upset or emotional on the sidelines. This is one passionless, emotionless team.
first time I saw it but during the game Mike Leach refused to let his wide receivers have chairs to sit on due to their behavior.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I hate to see that "locker room broken" stuff. It's a sure sign a new HC is on the horizon. But look on the bright side, we'll be on our 3rd HC in three years and starting over with a new HC inspired rebuild for the 3rd year in a row. We're eventually gonna get good at this rebuilding sh!t with all the practice we'll have. Of course that'll be after we've run out of the extra picks and traded our future picks for players.

View attachment 11071
That’s what happens when you first bring in a puppet because you have no intention of winning, then when you don’t win you fire that puppet, then screw it up so bad that you put yourself in desperation mode and have to settle with another guy nobody was looking at.

Texans football baby!!!

badboy

Hall of Fame

Dang if that doesn't sound like Bryce Young that you are suggesting!

badboy

Hall of Fame
Cal saw a fire in his trash can and yelled I have to put it out! Grabbed his bottle of Ardbeg 25 and poured it right on the Fire!

Mangler

Toro de España
Gosh, this team drives me nuts. They did exactly what young players do to lose games:

- Pierce fumbles right near the red zone on a burgeoning drive
- Pitre misses a clear tackle to stop a drive and Slayton goes for a long TD
- Green gets called on a holding penalty on a Mills TD pass to Cooks, leading to...
- Mills underthrowing his WR on endzone go route, abetted by Green getting beat and thrown under pressure
- OL not dealing well with pressure all day, Green looking brutal

So frustrating watching this team because they are in most games, but constantly shoot themselves in the foot. Inconsistent with prolonged moments where they can hang with better opponents.
Had Green not held, Mills would have gotten gotten destroyed by that defensive lineman. I agree with the rest of your post though. Can’t wait for the draft!

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Texan fans, especially great, supportive, rain or shine, like you, deserve to see a steady improving trend line. Don’t expect miracles just measured realistic results year after year as talent infused via draft and free agency. Point is, after two years, that’s nowhere to be seen. Caserio has to be accountable. Wasn’t that the complaint with Rick Smith? Mills has been his plan, to skip addressing his replacement (as you are willing to do in order to build pieces around a franchise rookie) is just not acceptable to expect fans to chew on year after year after year.

It’s time to clean house. Bring in a great GM and Head Coach tandem together not as separate parts, replacing one but not the other. They are attached. They work in unison. Ownership must understand this :logo:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
My biggest takeaway is that the Texans biggest needs are up the middle. Center, DT, MLB and safety. And Quessenberry got worked hard!
edit: Add OG to that list. Cann isn't terrible but should be the backup so McCray can go elsewhere

Last edited: