Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

We suck...

I am a big homer, you all know that. But OB and his QBs and this crappy don't know what we actually want to do offense sucks. Damn this makes me miss the Kubiak days (which is sad).

OB we know this loss is on you, but if all these blow outs are on you then what does that say about you ? Yeah....
I'm with ya brother. Us homers deserve much better then this sucky crap we're getting.

This team plays tight...

That's on OB... And OBsey has the "smartest man in the room" syndrome.

But the OL is terrible... is Miller getting holes he's missing? Or are the plays so predictable that it's that easy for defenses? Why don't our Wr's get open? All I heard today is tight coverage...

This team plays tight...

That's on OB... And OBsey has the "smartest man in the room" syndrome.

But the OL is terrible... is Miller getting holes he's missing? Or are the plays so predictable that it's that easy for defenses? Why don't our Wr's get open? All I heard today is tight coverage...

First, and foremost, whether or not we like our coach or his play calling, our o-line is such a fricking disaster I'm not sure we can execute at all against any NFL defense that's half way decent. Until that gets fixed, it's unlikely we beat anyone except the poorest of teams.

First, and foremost, whether or not we like our coach or his play calling, our o-line is such a fricking disaster I'm not sure we can execute at all against any NFL defense that's half way decent. Until that gets fixed, it's unlikely we beat anyone except the poorest of teams.
Good point. It's hard to point your finger at just one thing -- BOB? OS? If this O-line is playing better, we're probably not pointing fingers at either of them. Right now I'm not sure how much better they can play though. I feel like we've got a talent issue rather than an effort or missed assignments issue at OL. I do feel like we can shorten routes/get quicker releases to compensate better than we have. That and stop trying to pretend we're a power running team. Hell, NE dropped 8 guys back and stopped our run. We have to play with the team we have and BOB hasn't adjusted as well as I'd like to see to the weaknesses everyone else seems to be able to see.

I thought you were going to IHoP
:D

I thought you were going to IHoP
:D

I did. I pretty much missed all of the 1st half, and by that point, I wasn't in the mood to watch the rest. I'm not worried. The Texans will someday pick it up, and we'll all be happy again right before they lose their next wild card match up. LOL

We see close games all over the league but the Texans always manage to get smashed in the first half and its garbage time by the 4th quarter.

I did. I pretty much missed all of the 1st half, and by that point, I wasn't in the mood to watch the rest. I'm not worried. The Texans will someday pick it up, and we'll all be happy again right before they lose their next wild card match up. LOL

It's never easy for us. Most likely because we are who we are.

Still, the Titans have the Browns, Colts, Jags, Chargers. I can see them going 3-1 over the next 4 weeks making them 5-4 week nine.

The Colts have Texans, Titans, Chiefs, Packers... I'm thinking most likely 1-3 brining them to 3-6 in week 9. But it is the Colts & they're just as likely to go 3-1 (5-4)

Jags have Bears, Raiders, Titans, Chiefs. Maybe they win one game, 2-6 in week 9

We've got Colts, Broncos, Lions... hopefully we win 2 out of 3 making us 5-3, butI wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2 (4-4)... I'd be shocked, but it could happen that we lose all three... 3-5

The Titans & Colts can be in first place by the time we get to our bye week

Titans 5-4
Colts 5-4
Texans 3-5
JagUars 2-6

Whoo hoo...

Watching what the cowboys are doing with a rookie 4th round QB make me sad . We suck indeed.

Well, yeah that's true. Linehan has him and their whole offense playing well. Look what Kubiak did with Os last year. Look at what Norv Turner did with Sam Bradford in almost no time at all.

Then look at the offensive brain trust of the Houston Texans and despair. There's not a single coach on the offensive side of the ball who could do what Norv Turner did to our defense yesterday even if you gave him an OL (which we presently can barely say we have). Not taking care of the OL he inherited is (IMO) chief among O'Brien's sins since arriving. Sure the QB carousel has been frustrating but not investing heavily in the OL has killed us again and again. Then to go out and get an expensive QB (setting aside the merits of said QB) and throwing him out there with a lousy OL.... well that's just insane and there's not a single message board poster I can think of who doesn't know better than to do that. That's bush league thinking you can get away with the "soup cans" and "shopping carts" we have on our line right now. This is a lesson I thought the Texans had learned by 2006 when Alex Gibbs came here to straighten them out.

But we got a completely empty cupboard when it comes to the OC and his assistants.

Every year guys are out there who have run successful offenses but you know who doesn't hire those guys? Insecure first time HC's who don't want a guy on the staff who looks like a good alternative to them when they **** up the bed. Yeah I know, we have Romeo Crennel holding that spot down. I'm convinced that he wouldn't be here at all if not for the New England connection and the potential opportunity to step in when O'Brien stumbles.

Well, yeah that's true. Linehan has him and their whole offense playing well. Look what Kubiak did with Os last year. Look at what Norv Turner did with Sam Bradford in almost no time at all.

Then look at the offensive brain trust of the Houston Texans and despair. There's not a single coach on the offensive side of the ball who could do what Norv Turner did to our defense yesterday even if you gave him an OL (which we presently can barely say we have). Not taking care of the OL he inherited is (IMO) chief among O'Brien's sins since arriving. Sure the QB carousel has been frustrating but not investing heavily in the OL has killed us again and again. Then to go out and get an expensive QB (setting aside the merits of said QB) and throwing him out there with a lousy OL.... well that's just insane and there's not a single message board poster I can think of who doesn't know better than to do that. That's bush league thinking you can get away with the "soup cans" and "shopping carts" we have on our line right now. This is a lesson I thought the Texans had learned by 2006 when Alex Gibbs came here to straighten them out.

But we got a completely empty cupboard when it comes to the OC and his assistants.

Every year guys are out there who have run successful offenses but you know who doesn't hire those guys? Insecure first time HC's who don't want a guy on the staff who looks like a good alternative to them when they **** up the bed. Yeah I know, we have Romeo Crennel holding that spot down. I'm convinced that he wouldn't be here at all if not for the New England connection and the potential opportunity to step in when O'Brien stumbles.

When O'brien stumbles.....to me that dude has fallen, rolled down a hill, into quick sand face first and lost his legs on the way down.

Not taking care of the OL he inherited is (IMO) chief among O'Brien's sins since arriving. Sure the QB carousel has been frustrating but not investing heavily in the OL has killed us again and again. Then to go out and get an expensive QB (setting aside the merits of said QB) and throwing him out there with a lousy OL.... well that's just insane and there's not a single message board poster I can think of who doesn't know better than to do that.

Well...

We are where we are, but this is not where the Texans wanted to be. They invested in the interior OL, which made sense at the time. They're obviously happy with Newton & Brown, just had to wait for them to get back on the field. But XSF, Martin, & Allen were supposed to allow our QB to step up into a clean pocket.

I think.

Maybe... something like that.

I agree, the biggest issue is not taking care of the quality of the OL O'Brien inherited. They can't run block, and that was brutally apparent when New England routinely had 6 or 7 in the box and we still could not run the ball. They attempted to improve this year spending a second round pick on Martin who got hurt. Left guard and right tackle basically suck. Lamar Miller, while fast, runs straight into contact (even when in the open field) and has no shakeability. We were totally spoiled by Arian Foster's skills.

Defensively, we're good but the secondary was really confused yesterday, and it didn't help that three starters were out. Minnesota is a good team that should go deep in the playoffs, with largely no-names on their defense, no AP, and a brand new-to-their-team QB.

Reactions: Max
We do suck. We suck a lot. The bad thing is we suck in a sorry division and the team's owner is going to eat up 9-7 all day long. He likes to be in the playoff hunt and doesn't seem to know the difference between gold and fools gold.

I used to worry that Kubiak would be our Marvin Lewis. Good enough to hold on to the job but never good enough to win any titles. I'm more concerned now that OB is that guy than I was about Kubiak.

Bob McNair is our Marvin Lewis. Let that sink in for a moment.

Unfortunately, he's teaching his boardroom mentality and penchant for selling pet rocks with Texans logos on them to Cal, so expect this mediocrity crap for the rest of our lives considering our age.

Unfortunately, he's teaching his boardroom mentality and penchant for selling pet rocks with Texans logos on them to Cal, so expect this mediocrity crap for the rest of our lives considering our age.

Well on the bright side, I'm no longer going to be planning my Sunday's around Texans football for the rest of the year. If I'm home and their on cool (or not if anything like yesterday). If I have something else to do, no worries there either.

Well on the bright side, I'm no longer going to be planning my Sunday's around Texans football for the rest of the year. If I'm home and their on cool (or not if anything like yesterday). If I have something else to do, no worries there either.

Except for the Vikings game, I don't think I've missed the start of a Texans game hardly ever. I'm always planted on the couch for the start of the game. Not always there for the finish though. Or sometimes the middle if it's really bad. :brickwall:

Except for the Vikings game, I don't think I've missed the start of a Texans game hardly ever. I'm always planted on the couch for the start of the game. Not always there for the finish though. Or sometimes the middle if it's really bad. :brickwall:

Hell, I didn't even make it to the middle yesterday.

DVR is a godsend in that regard. I maintain radio silence until I start watching the game (so no spoilers), but I watch on my schedule, not theirs. And when they play bad football, I can watch every play but keep it under an hour with the FF button. Yesterday was one of those under an hour games.

Life is too short, and the fall days too nice, to waste any of it with bad football.

We definitely have an ownership problem. Fortunately I believe I have figured out a way to fix it. According to Forbes the Texans are worth $2,500,000,000, quite a return on Bob's initial investment. The Texans stock is high because of the perceived value of JJ Watt and the major offensive acquisitions. Now is the time to sell! From my research, the Houston metro area has a population around 6,700,000 or so. If 75% of the total population (just 5,000,000 people) will all donate $500 each to my cause, I will have enough money to buy the Texans and run the team the correct way. Because I need the support of the TexansTalk community, I will appoint a TT Committee to address concerns about GM, coaching and scouting positions. I should have the GoFundMe account set up soon, I know i can depend on all of you to help spread the word and get the funding secured. Let's Make Houston Sports Great Again!

Considering how nice the weather was yesterday ,the Texans really screwed that up even worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DVR is a godsend in that regard. I maintain radio silence until I start watching the game (so no spoilers), but I watch on my schedule, not theirs. And when they play bad football, I can watch every play but keep it under an hour with the FF button. Yesterday was one of those under an hour games.

Life is too short, and the fall days too nice, to waste any of it with bad football.

You're better than me. I don't even dvr. I'll catch glimpses or listen on the radio in between whatever else I'm doing. I didn't even catch the beginning. Have no idea how they got up 14-0 and don't care. Haven't planned my Sundays around this team the past couple of weeks and it feels pretty good to not care nearly as much.

our def sucks and our O is young that's it in a nutshell

Our secondary is Broken some of our Lbers are old n slow our D line is the only strong point but without the later 2 mentioned its the Bills effect they had a monster Dline a few years ago but it does not matter if your backend Sucks

good thing tho we play in the AFC south cus its pretty much the battle of the 4 loser teams who gets a chance to play the big boys in the PLayoffs which I don't know if that's a good thing or a Bad thing LOL

You're better than me. I don't even dvr. I'll catch glimpses or listen on the radio in between whatever else I'm doing. I didn't even catch the beginning. Have no idea how they got up 14-0 and don't care. Haven't planned my Sundays around this team the past couple of weeks and it feels pretty good to not care nearly as much.

they got up 14 to nothing in a flash I think J joe GOT burned Crisp then he Took himself out of the game with a """Injury"""" 4th deg burns I think ... same with Demps

then came in Charles James III and lord that was a wrap ....

Yep for last 4-5 years I've been preaching that McNair is a < .500 Owner. I have said dozens of times that McNair has a penchant to get desperate, then he panics, rushes to judgement and makes an irrational decisions. Also he has tunnel vision and only sees and is concerned with his precious season at hand. If he planned as much for 2018 and 2019 as he does for 2016, 2015 and 2016 we wouldn't be so bad and he would be a .500 or better owner.

There is much much crow to be eaten in this thread and this one: http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/brock-osweiler-agrees-to-4-year-72-million.110273/

We definitely have an ownership problem. Fortunately I believe I have figured out a way to fix it. According to Forbes the Texans are worth $2,500,000,000, quite a return on Bob's initial investment. The Texans stock is high because of the perceived value of JJ Watt and the major offensive acquisitions. Now is the time to sell! From my research, the Houston metro area has a population around 6,700,000 or so. If 75% of the total population (just 5,000,000 people) will all donate $500 each to my cause, I will have enough money to buy the Texans and run the team the correct way. Because I need the support of the TexansTalk community, I will appoint a TT Committee to address concerns about GM, coaching and scouting positions. I should have the GoFundMe account set up soon, I know i can depend on all of you to help spread the word and get the funding secured. Let's Make Houston Sports Great Again!
If you'll guarantee CnnnD will run the medical dept. I'll think about it.
:)

on the one hand we have a group of fans acknowledging the Houston franchise sucks... i.e. isn't any good.

on the other hand you have the same group of fans acting like it's a total surprise. as if they've been duped.

27242498.jpg

on the one hand we have a group of fans acknowledging the Houston franchise sucks... i.e. isn't any good.

on the other hand you have the same group of fans acting like it's a total surprise. as if they've been duped.

I'm a positive guy until proven otherwise, lucky for me it didn't take OB long.

I don't know if the team totally sucks but they do not seem to be as good as we thought they were going to be.

We are always out coached, out played, out smarted, out recruited, out powered, outdone. It's the Houston way. I'd love to see a good team here, even a pretty good team, but that hasn't happened since the Moon days.

Are you saying that you expected them to continue being completely outclassed every few games?

I didn't.

Reactions: ROO
I don't see him getting benched anytime soon either. I think based on the money they paid they have to leave him in there and hope he gets better, but I do think the lack of chemistry because of all the new players is a huge factor to how bad everyone looks.

Now if we are 1/4 through the year next year and he is still playing this bad I could see them benching him,but I think he is going to be in there for better or worse this season.

Oz has had all OTA's, training camp and pre-season, plus a trip to Arizona to get "chemistry" with the WR's, RB's and the playbook. He should know it forward and backwards by now. He came out flat and scared in the game with the Pat's and looked the same way against the Vikes.
Ob could get Weeden, Yates and Keenum to win games, but he is having a great deal of problems with Oz. Is that on OZ or OB or a combination of both?
IDK which but it is getting very old to see a team with the talent we have looking lost on the field.

Back