Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s agent responds to rumors

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He has said it's not the GM or the Coach, no? It's Eaterby and Cal. I still can't fathom the fact that McNair is blind to the dire situation he's in. If he loves and needs easterby so much, remove him from the front office position, and put him on his private payroll. In addition, if Cal is well aware of Easterby's actions and both embraces and encourages its, he gets everything that's gonna come his way. And that pic of Cal and Hannah at the Bears game, where they are bored to death, will become the norm.
You’ve only heard the players side of the argument. You don’t know what Easterby does & how much of that is at the direction of Cal.

& as far as we know, firing Easterby will have no affect on the situation.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Until the bill comes due all at the same time. I don’t want to think what an average QB will be making 5 years from now.
This is why you have to win while your QB is on his rookie deal. sometimes you can extend that period out another couple of yrs on his 2nd deal. That's unless the QB is willing to take less for the opportunity to win championships.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Until the bill comes due all at the same time. I don’t want to think what an average QB will be making 5 years from now.
Agreed but some of those players you could let walk. As far as QBs go thats a league wide problem and one they are going to have to address soon. The QB contracts are getting out of hand and they are either going to have to rein them in or install a Byrd type rule so they don't hit the cap like a truck as they do now.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Still.

There’s fixing a bad situation & making the most of a bad situation. I’d expect the 3rd highest paid GM to be able to do some fixing.
If you mean by fixing, trading DW4 away for maximum value and rebuilding the team correctly then I will agree with you. If you mean kissing DW4's azz then I strongly disagree with you.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
My take: this is the media sensationalizing this story every chance they get. Most of what is being said by the talking heads is conjecture. The collective media is miffed at Texans ownership for firing Amy and doing everything they can to speak this trade into existence. Hell, on PTI, Wilbon said he hopes the Texans lose every game for the next 5 years.

Watson isn't going anywhere, the Texans still have the leverage. Cooler heads will eventually prevail.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What do you mean by fixing then?

Those are the only 2 choices that I see.
Every negotiation with disgruntled players can’t end in player leaving. That’s not resolving a problem, that’s getting rid of a problem.

It is what it is. If Caserio can’t “fix” this. Fine. Let’s move on. & I know he’s in a tough situation. But that’s strike one in my mind. Let’s see how he handles the next situation.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
IMO shining like a diamond would be getting Watson back happy as a clam.

Getting a good deal in trade is a distant 2nd.
I agree, but Im also a realist

Or a pessimist depending on your perception

I believe Watson wants out and his mind is made up.

badboy

Hall of Fame
If he remains, what happens mid season if something else sets him off. Now is best time for Watson, Texans and Receiving NFL team For this to go down

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Every negotiation with disgruntled players can’t end in player leaving. That’s not resolving a problem, that’s getting rid of a problem.

It is what it is. If Caserio can’t “fix” this. Fine. Let’s move on. & I know he’s in a tough situation. But that’s strike one in my mind. Let’s see how he handles the next situation.
So DW4 wanting to leave is strike one? SMDH

I'm glad they're going to be forced to rebuild. They weren't going to win anything anyway.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Agreed, what would you're value for DW4 be?

Mine would be pick 2/18/34 and 2022 1st/2nd or drop a 1st and give me Quinnen Williams.

If I had to give back a 2022 3rd to make this happen I would. You're getting the equivalent of four 1st's for DW4 and a 2022 3rd.

If they do this and hit on those picks then I dont think the rebuild will be as long as you think it will be.

If
That all depends on the team we are trading with IMO.

Either way, I want the trade to hurt. If its the Dolphins, Colts, Titans or Jags I want it to hurt more. I dont believe the Texans are dumb enough to want to face DW twice a year for the next decade or so... I doubt its in the AFCS

That hurt could come at the cost of a player AND picks or just a plethora of picks for this depleted season and the ones to come.

Im open and not set, but IF Watson is traded for anything less than Tunsil, Caserio needs to go.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Agreed, what would you're value for DW4 be?

Mine would be pick 2/18/34 and 2022 1st/2nd or drop a 1st and give me Quinnen Williams.

If I had to give back a 2022 3rd to make this happen I would. You're getting the equivalent of four 1st's for DW4 and a 2022 3rd.

If they do this and hit on those picks then I dont think the rebuild will be as long as you think it will be.

If
IF is indeed the key word. But it's not if Nick hits on the picks. I have confidence that he would pick great players or at worst usable players who are not amazing but get the job done. See NE and how they have drafted as an example. They found key players who fit...and he learned from Hoodie.

The IF is will Cal and Easterby stay away and let him do the job he is here for. I have some doubt if either one of those two can let him do his job.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
That all depends on the team we are trading with IMO.

Either way, I want the trade to hurt. If its the Dolphins, Colts, Titans or Jags I want it to hurt more. I dont believe the Texans are dumb enough to want to face DW twice a year for the next decade or so... I doubt its in the AFCS

That hurt could come at the cost of a player AND picks or just a plethora of picks for this depleted season and the ones to come.

Im open and not set, but IF Watson is traded for anything less than Tunsil, Caserio needs to go.
Teams have been calling but no team has been talked to except Miami and NY. Which is fitting seeing Watson has made remarks about liking both. But he has not done it flat out only in a round about way.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
It’s not actually. The trade request didn’t become official until Omar Khan wasn’t hired as the GM……..
Omar Khan is not black and none of the teams he met with for a trade had black coaches or gms except Cleveland. Those are lies, straight up falsehoods. The trade demand became official when Esterbnny and Cal hopped on that plane and picked up Carsterio. There were no trade demands until that happened. Once they hired Carsterio, then the tweet came out followed by the trade demand.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
Omar Khan is not black and none of the teams he met with for a trade had black coaches or gms except Cleveland. Those are lies, straight up falsehoods. The trade demand became official when Esterbnny and Cal hopped on that plane and picked up Carsterio. There were no trade demands until that happened. Once they hired Carsterio, then the tweet came out followed by the trade demand.
Hate to break it to you, but again I really don’t. Mulugheta and Watson demanded that from Cal. Khan wasn’t hired. Neither was Bienemy in which it was reported Watson wanted Khan as GM and Bienemy as HC. The Texans were the ONLY team to take the hit that they did for not hiring Bienemy. Why? Because of Watson. There were articles coming out that Watson was pissed at Cal because he didn’t “do enough for social Justice issues”. They tried to paint Cal as a racist because their demands were turned down.

You also just proved my point. You said the trade demand came after Caserio was hired, which means Watson DID have a demand of who the GM was going to be. Also, why would Watson be so upset at who the GM would be? (Use the thinking cap)

Last edited:

Mangler

Toro de España
Hate to break it to you, but again I really don’t. Mulugheta and Watson demanded that from Cal. Khan wasn’t hired. Neither was Bienemy in which it was reported Watson wanted Khan as GM and Bienemy as HC. The Texans were the ONLY team to take the hit that they did for not hiring Bienemy. Why? Because of Watson. There were articles coming out that Watson was pissed at Cal because he didn’t “do enough for social Justice issues”. They tried to paint Cal as a racist because their demands were turned down.

You also just proved my point. You said the trade demand came after Caserio was hired, which means Watson DID have a demand of who the GM was going to be. Also, why would Watson be so upset at who the GM would be? (Use the thinking cap)
Didn’t Derapist also demand a black owner as a stipulation, or something like that? I remember reading that he gave the Texans an ultimatum. Glad they got him the hell out of town instead of caving.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
Didn’t Derapist also demand a black owner as a stipulation, or something like that? I remember reading that he gave the Texans an ultimatum. Glad they got him the hell out of town instead of caving.
Yeah can’t remember which outlet it was, but Cal had to sell the team in order for Watson to stay.

frethack

Rookie
Yeah can’t remember which outlet it was, but Cal had to sell the team in order for Watson to stay.
I read/heard some of the things about wanting black coaches, front office, etc. Never from anyone I would trust. Hard to put real stock into that...sounds like some narrative that may or may not have had a grain of truth wrapped in a WHOLE lot of sensationalism.

The Texans were a catastrophic and historic mess in 2020. Enough so that even 99 wanted out.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Texian

Hall of Fame
I read/heard some of the things about wanting black coaches, front office, etc. Never from anyone I would trust. Hard to put real stock into that...sounds like some narrative that may or may not have had a grain of truth wrapped in a WHOLE lot of sensationalism.

The Texans were a catastrophic and historic mess in 2020. Enough so that even 99 wanted out.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
3 days after the season ended, minutes after Caserio was announced as the new GM, Watson in Mexico tweeted,”some things never change”.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
3 days after the season ended, minutes after Caserio was announced as the new GM, Watson in Mexico tweeted,”some things never change”.
It "is an inauspicious start to what was supposed to be a new dawn in Houston after the firing of Bill O’Brien." ...sounds great coming from an interpretation of someone with dozens of different deviant behavior complaints from as many women against him.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

So he wanted all black everything, but was willing to go to Carolina with an all white staff and gm, New Orleans, the same, and Atl, the same? C'mon, the narration is wrong and being wrong. Go check your timeline, but that might be too much reality for you. It wasn't until Esterbunny got in Cal's ear, they hopped on Air Force 1 and brought Caserio back. Notice I didn't say they went there for the interview, they went and picked him up and brought him back which pretty much means he was hired despite nobody even knew he was being interviewed. I don't have a problem with Cal hiring Caserio, its the snake that turned that key in his back that I have a problem with. That's when Watson fired off that tweet because that showed who had the power, Esterbunny.

Boris

All Pro
So he wanted all black everything, but was willing to go to Carolina with an all white staff and gm, New Orleans, the same, and Atl, the same? C'mon, the narration is wrong and being wrong. Go check your timeline, but that might be too much reality for you. It wasn't until Esterbunny got in Cal's ear, they hopped on Air Force 1 and brought Caserio back. Notice I didn't say they went there for the interview, they went and picked him up and brought him back which pretty much means he was hired despite nobody even knew he was being interviewed. I don't have a problem with Cal hiring Caserio, its the snake that turned that key in his back that I have a problem with. That's when Watson fired off that tweet because that showed who had the power, Esterbunny.
another part of the all black narrative that never jibed was Tim Kelly, i recall his re-signing being characterised as an olive branch to DW40