Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s a top 5 qb. Do you agree?

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
I am literally all for stuff this like, but I just got a post removed for less than this and was banned for two days recently. Either mods need to be more consistent or they need to leave me the **** alone.
Agreed. How bad was your post?

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
You have to win games to be elite.
A realization comes to mind making me want to revisit this topic.
There has been a LOT of discussion and back'n forth on whether or not Watson is an Elite level quarterback. A majority of posters here seem to think so, while a small number (that number has grown a little over the last season) think he is good..but not elite.

We can argue all day on the topic, but since Watson started his cryptic tweeting and after all the "trade me" rumors in the news, suddenly Watson is considered Elite in almost everyone's eyes, at least.....trade scenario compensation says he is.

So..I guess it is safe to say we have/had an elite franchise QB on our hands?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
There has been a LOT of discussion and back'n forth on whether or not Watson is an Elite level quarterback. A majority of posters here seem to think so, while a small number (that number has grown a little over the last season) think he is good..but not elite.

We can argue all day on the topic, but since Watson started his cryptic tweeting and after all the "trade me" rumors in the news, suddenly Watson is considered Elite in almost everyone's eyes, at least.....trade scenario compensation says he is.

I think this has all been a splitting of hairs ..... some having him 5 or higher , others in the 6-8 range.

And because he's younger than a lot of those I have higher than him , he's going to move up the list.

Brady might play another year or two , Brees may retire now , Matt Ryan is getting towards the end as is Roethlisberger and Rodgers is no spring chicken and Russell Wilson is on the wrong side of 30.

There's only 3-4 above average young guys in Mahomes , Watson , Mayfield & Josh Allen.

Guys like Stafford , Cousins , Carr2.0 .... they just never were as good as the first group but aren't terrible.

Watson's in the top 1/3rd and trending upward .... Yeah , his trade value should be very high.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Corrosion's post above Is why you should be able to get maximum value.

Texansballer74

The Marine

IMO he’s elite, top 5. If the Texans had a complete team I believe those that doesn’t think he is would say he’s elite then. But since we didn’t have a top notch line or no running game, it hurt his production a bit because he had to overcompensate for the lack there of.