Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

University of Texas' Head Coach search

Yeah right. Texas fans don't use derogatory terms for A&M or it's fans. Gimmee a break. Go visit a Texas recruiting message board or an article about A&M and you'll tons of example of childish and immature longhorn posts.

It's a rivalry. Both sides act childish and immature. You likely just gloss over the other side because you are used to it or just not exposed much to it.

This. Each side has the 90% who can act like adults. And unfortunately, each side also has the 10% who can't.

Yeah right. Texas fans don't use derogatory terms for A&M or it's fans. Gimmee a break. Go visit a Texas recruiting message board or an article about A&M and you'll tons of example of childish and immature longhorn posts.

It's a rivalry. Both sides act childish and immature. You likely just gloss over the other side because you are used to it or just not exposed much to it.

Like what? Apparently I don't visit enough Texas recruiting boards.

True. FSU and UF fans act childish toward one another too. I'm guilty of it. It's the nature of a rivalry and I think it's part of the fun.

Like what? Apparently I don't visit enough Texas recruiting boards.

I've heard:

milkmen = the yell leaders
farmers = A&M fan (not really an insult IMO since they call themselves that)
play Army/fake Army = Corps of Cadets.
aggy = an adjective to describe incompetence (ie: the way they blew that game was so aggy)

So is it down to Strong, Shaw, or Franklin?

IMO, Franklin will be locked into Penn State > Texas and Shaw has declined NFL teams to stay at Stanford so he's not an option.

So looks like Strong will be the next HC....:kitten:

BTW, will toot my own horn here and say I totally called it. On all 3.

:breakdance:

Was reading an article about the Strong hire and then glanced at the comments to see a huge aTm fan vs Texas fan debate.

Question. Why does aTm fan feel the need to comment on the article and put down Texas fan with silly things like calling them t-sips, tu or upside down hookem symbol? And "we" simply call the Aggies and their fans the Aggies. It comes off as childish, or immature, or jealous.

From what I have seen, Aggy is the equivalent of the TU thing. I see it all the time on ESPN comments and message boards. Some of the more antagonistic people like to put an F in front of it, or say "aggot" too. If you go to Txags, you will see a lot worse names than TU or Tsip as well, but this is the internet, so everyone is a tough guy.

I personally think it's all pretty stupid, but I'm not real big on A&M traditions either. Usually it's the more indoctrinated folks who use those slurs, especially the Corps. Corps guys, more than anyone I ever met on campus, push those traditions of hating UT and everything with a hint of orange. They also have a lot of stupid and, to put it frankly, homosexual traditions within the Corps, which give the rest of the school a bad name. Those guys are pretty weird, but they have a huge voice at A&M, so they tend to keep a lot of these traditions alive, such as referring to UT and TU at every yell practice and staving off even the least bit of changing the way we do things.

Personally, I'm hoping the move to the SEC will remove a lot of that stuff, and I hope they make an effort to change the songs as well. Shifting the focus from hating UT to our new rivals, or just propping up A&M in general would be much more preferable... but I'm probably in the minority on that.

So I think the consensus is that most fans are legit, its the 10% on both sides that really ruin everything.

From what I have seen, Aggy is the equivalent of the TU thing. I see it all the time on ESPN comments and message boards. Some of the more antagonistic people like to put an F in front of it, or say "aggot" too. If you go to Txags, you will see a lot worse names than TU or Tsip as well, but this is the internet, so everyone is a tough guy.

I personally think it's all pretty stupid, but I'm not real big on A&M traditions either. Usually it's the more indoctrinated folks who use those slurs, especially the Corps. Corps guys, more than anyone I ever met on campus, push those traditions of hating UT and everything with a hint of orange. They also have a lot of stupid and, to put it frankly, homosexual traditions within the Corps, which give the rest of the school a bad name. Those guys are pretty weird, but they have a huge voice at A&M, so they tend to keep a lot of these traditions alive, such as referring to UT and TU at every yell practice and staving off even the least bit of changing the way we do things.

Personally, I'm hoping the move to the SEC will remove a lot of that stuff, and I hope they make an effort to change the songs as well. Shifting the focus from hating UT to our new rivals, or just propping up A&M in general would be much more preferable... but I'm probably in the minority on that.

TLDR; Corps guys are weird. :bender:

Look, I'll admit to being a bit of an ass at times, especially when my Longhorn cousin was over for New Years Eve and we were watching the Chick Fil A Bowl. He was in my ear the whole time about "Aggy this" or "Aggy that". When Duke recovered the onside kick before the 1st half ended he started singing The Eyes of Texas. You can imagine how I behaved when the comeback happened and when the game sealing interception happened I gave him the horns down, started signing the War Hymn. But at no point did either of us get upset or mad (just a little annoyed). The rivalry is fun, and my best friends from high school over in Austin give me a hard time about some A&M stuff and I give them a hard time about Longhorn stuff. It's a fun rivalry but like any sports rivalry you just have to keep in mind that it's sports and really nothing to get upset about. There are fans on both sides with some hardcore psycho ex-girlfriend mentality.

I love the War Hymn, don't get me wrong, but... we're not in the Big XII and we don't play UT anymore. Count me in on the "change it" bandwagon. There's a little used first verse to it anyway, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any references to the Orange and the White. If we meet the Longhorns in a bowl game or finally resume play I'll gladly saw 'em off in the stands, but until then... what the **** are we sawing off? Auburn, LSU, Mizzou's stripes? Alabama's elephant tusks? (Actually that's not a bad idea... So long to Bama University, so long to the crimson and the white, good luck... hey, kinda works)

I love quite a bit of our traditions but some stuff you just know is antiquated. I wish A&M wasn't as stubborn to change but who knows? Things might change after a while. The university is changing slowly but surely and in time I think it'll come around.

For now I'm just enjoying besting UT on the recruiting trail. That's one competition we're still engaged in :fingergun:

This. Each side has the 90% who can act like adults. And unfortunately, each side also has the 10% who can't.

Get off the Serous Stuff when talking rivalry. It's artificial offense for the most part and doesn't interfere with working together as a team elsewhere.

It looks like Texas is taking some hits on the recruiting trail. A few Texas commits have flipped to A&M, seemingly.

Short term pain for long term gain?

It looks like Texas is taking some hits on the recruiting trail. A few Texas commits have flipped to A&M, seemingly.

Anytime there is a coaching change there are going to be recruiting hits. Different coach, different philosophy, different recruiting faces. We can only wait and see down the road what happens.

Yessir! A&M and Sumlin are digging a stronghold in Texas now, and are winning the recruit battle for local talent. The move to the SEC has done wonders and A&M is now the school to be at in Texas. Pretty good for a little sliver of East Texas huh?

None of the flips have been a big deal. Alaka was a good one, but he's probably not going to be eligible due to grades, and wind up at Juco for a few years.

Henderson, the DT, has flipped 2-3 times already, so I don't think you can count on him sticking with A&M until he signs the papers.

Are there any others that flipped to A&M? I know UT lost a few more, but I don't think any others committed to A&M.

None of the flips have been a big deal. Alaka was a good one, but he's probably not going to be eligible due to grades, and wind up at Juco for a few years.

Henderson, the DT, has flipped 2-3 times already, so I don't think you can count on him sticking with A&M until he signs the papers.

Are there any others that flipped to A&M? I know UT lost a few more, but I don't think any others committed to A&M.

There are rumors floating around that Alaka's signing confirmed that Nick Harvey is staying with Texas A&M - he took a visit to Austin so there were some concerns about that. TexAgs radio reported that Connor Lanfear, another 4 star, is going to flip to Texas A&M soon. Edit: Lanfear is 2015.

I haven't heard anything about Alaka's grades, though. Sure you're not thinking of Hoza Scott?

Also a possiblity that Armanti Foreman might decommit from Texas, but that would be worthless as we're already ridiculously stacked at WR.

Now we just need to steal that safety Steven Parker out of OU's hands and we're set.

Their new coach however had the same number of first round picks as A&M. Most in the draft. And he recruited them himself.

Their new coach however had the same number of first round picks as A&M. Most in the draft. And he recruited them himself.

So how long are the longhorns going to claim Louisville accomplishments as their own? I even saw some longhorns claim the A&M and Mizzou draft picks because they were recruiting "while <the schools> were in the Big 12" :ahhaha:

So how long are the longhorns going to claim Louisville accomplishments as their own? I even saw some longhorns claim the A&M and Mizzou draft picks because they were recruiting "while <the schools> were in the Big 12" :ahhaha:

Didn't say that the Longhorns had three players drafted of their own. I said the coach UT just hired put three guys into the first round of the draft. Is that incorrect? Were Aggies riding UH's coattails when they pointed out Sumlin's track record before he was hired? Sheesh.....

A single move, a Texas-sized ripple
ESPN Big 12 reporter Max Olson breaks down the 103 coaches
throughout all levels of football that were affected
by Mack Brown resigning from Texas.

When Mack Brown gathered his team following a Saturday practice on Dec. 14, 2013, and revealed his plan to resign, he set off a chain reaction in the college football world.

Among his peers, the effects of Brown's move are still being realized six months later. This was a Texas-sized boulder in the coaching pool, and it caused a tremendous ripple effect.

Directly or indirectly, Brown's decision to leave Texas affected the jobs of 103 coaches and influenced coaching changes at 47 college programs, four NFL organizations and two high schools. The impact of the legendary coach's departure was felt at...

[IMGwidthsize=200]http://espn.go.com/magazine/MackBrownRipple576c.jpg[/IMG](click for larger)

Back