207D'vonte PriceRBFlorida International
210Tyler GoodsonRBIowa
212Kevin Austin Jr.WRNotre Dame
213Sincere McCormickRBUTSA

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Well crap, they should bring in Carson Strong! LOL
From my post of Nov 16, 2021:

He had neither meniscus or ligament damage.

Strong had surgery on the the right knee the summer before his senior season of high school, which cost him that season. That surgery came after an MRI revealed an osteochondritis dissecans lesion and resulted in 8 biodegradable nails being inserted to mend a crack in his lateral femoral condyle bone. The more recent surgery was to clean up loose articular cartilage floating in the same knee.

Osteochondritis dissecans affects joints, most frequently the knee, in children and adolescents. It can also affect other joints, such as elbows and ankles. This condition occurs when a piece of the bone partially or fully separates from the end of the bone that forms a joint. This usually happens due to the lack of blood supply to the area. As the piece of the bone dies, the cartilage covering it cracks, and both may break loose. The area where the bone fragment breaks off is called a lesion. Although these lesions may occur in both of the paired joints, usually just one is affected.

The exact reason why blood flow may become interrupted in a segment of the bone is unknown. However, osteochondritis dissecans has been linked to repetitive trauma or stress on a joint, such as from playing sports, and genetic predisposition in some patients.

The interesting thing is that osteochondritis dissecans usually doesn't return once the patient heals. Although when surgery is required that includes damage to the articular cartilage, there can be worries of longer term problems, including early osteoarthritis.

View attachment 9338

Strong evidently had pieces of articular cartilage break off (loose body as in the figure below) as a result of the condition and/or the repair...............making the risk for future severe osteoarthritis quite high.

View attachment 9339
With this condition, it would surprise me if he didn't require several more knee surgeries in the future.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Illinois LB Jake Hansen was a multi year team captain for Lovie’s teams that struggled with injuries. Like Blake Cashman, productive when healthy. What sticks out to me is his stat sheet for impact plays:

7 forced fumbles in 2019! Also 4 sacks and 1 int.

2 forced fumbles, 3 sacks 2 ints… and 12 passes defensed in 2020!

LZ’s report:

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I love that our heirarchy look like they did plenty of homework but I won't get too excited about UDFAs - like, how many of last year's are still on our roster?

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Not complaining, but if the Patriots can draft a Zappe, the Texans should've drafted Strong in the 7th. I mean, what do you have to lose? I think you should take a qb every year until you have one.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Harris had a write up on Tristin Mccollum before day 3. When the signing came up during Texans radio he had mentioned that Mccollum had an injury that caused him to run slower at his pro day. Hopefully the identical twin is close in athleticism to his brother!

My scouting report and thoughts on McCollum:
"The twin brother of one of the best athletes in this draft, Tristin was a bit overshadowed in his career. Well, overshadowed by the people outside the Sam Houston program. Twin brother of Zyon McCollum who crushed the testing at the Combine and had an incredible career got the attention while his brother quietly put together a fantastic career as a safety at Sam. He ran in the low 4.5 range at his Pro Day and played even faster during his career. When he was healthy, he was the full package in the back. He has excellent range and a high football IQ. He could fit in a number of different schemes and, at worst, he'll thrive on teams. I love these twins - great kids, great family and tremendous futures, perhaps apart from one another for the first time."

Jack Burton

Veteran
Not complaining, but if the Patriots can draft a Zappe, the Texans should've drafted Strong in the 7th. I mean, what do you have to lose? I think you should take a qb every year until you have one.
Yeah, I think teams were Leary of the knee.
It’s going to be fun watching what happens to Strong in PHIL. That place tends to be aQB carousel.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yeah, I think teams were Leary of the knee.
It’s going to be fun watching what happens to Strong in PHIL. That place tends to be aQB carousel.
Especially the backup. Minshew probably could win that job if it were open. Minshew would be out Davis Mills if it were open competition, but they don't want that to justify the pick.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
RBs

Price is fast but not a good grade

Think I missed 1...

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Especially the backup. Minshew probably could win that job if it were open. Minshew would be out Davis Mills if it were open competition, but they don't want that to justify the pick.
It depends on what you want.

If you’re looking for someone that might when you a game or two, Minshew is your man.

If you want someone who won’t lose you the game, Mills wins.

If you’re ok playing checkers, Minshew.

If you want to start playing chess, Mills.

If you’re doing night at the disco, Minshew

If you’re doing Bun B at the rodeo, Mills

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I think he's talking about Sincere McCormick.
Good RB if we can snag him. His ability is not listed as good but he wasn't playing ACC, Big 10 and so on conferences alot. Here is what his scouting report says. Still could be a rotation guy. But we have to sign him 1st.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
It depends on what you want.

If you’re looking for someone that might when you a game or two, Minshew is your man.

If you want someone who won’t lose you the game, Mills wins.

If you’re ok playing checkers, Minshew.

If you want to start playing chess, Mills.

If you’re doing night at the disco, Minshew

If you’re doing Bun B at the rodeo, Mills
How many games did Mills win as a rookie and how many did Minshew win as a rookie? I mean its cool to want to pull for Mills, I'm just stating if its about competition, bring in some competition. If he's clearly better, then that's not a negative,but just handing him the job after what he did last year, I don't think you're improving your team if you're talking about competition.