Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trent Williams LT Available

If another teams OT goes down with injury for year there will be a bidding war. We need to be doing this now.
Too bad we have a sociopath, power hungry, stubborn sumbetch for a HC/OC/GM.

By the way, that was an amateur diagnosis. I’m not a medical doctor. If my amateur diagnosis offends you, boo-phookin-whoo!

If another teams OT goes down with injury for year there will be a bidding war. We need to be doing this now.

Totally agree. They are going to hammer us as it is, but it's not going to get any better. Bite the bullet, meet or come close to their asking price if it's even close to reasonable and let's fix LT for a change instead of having a turnstile out there.

It could be the difference between being an also-ran and a contender this year. It's that important.

I just don't think it will happen because there is no urgency on Kirby.

Totally agree. They are going to hammer us as it is, but it's not going to get any better. Bite the bullet, meet or come close to their asking price if it's even close to reasonable and let's fix LT for a change instead of having a turnstile out there.

It could be the difference between being an also-ran and a contender this year. It's that important.

I just don't think it will happen because there is no urgency on Kirby.

Or a healthy Watson vs having him taking another beating.

IMO If we are waiting on Caserio, this is the BEST season to give up any and all draft picks to acquire upgrades.

I have zero trust in OB and company being capable to use the picks properly anyway... so IF they have to ship off a first or second for Williams... at least we know we filled a position of need using the pick(s)

I guess it boils down to, how competent do you believe OB and company will be with those picks.

If you trust his ability I can understand clinging to picks... otherwise...if you dont trust OB I dont see how those picks could be seen as possibly meaningful in anyway.

or the Redskins have no interest in trading Trent williams to the Texans or anyone else
They'e got their own young QB, actually a rookie from the 1st round of this Draft, whose backside needs to be protected so it's probably a real long-shot for anybody to pry Trent Williams away from the Redskins.

Well, than again, the Texans are the worst run franchise in all of sports. Creating this thread was a waste lol. These guys aren’t trying to win a Super Bowl. You have a qb on a rookie contract. This is the best time to stack up the team.

Add on to that. The redskins are horrible as well when it comes to management. Holding Trent hostage is a bad look for potential free agents

Well, than again, the Texans are the worst run franchise in all of sports. Creating this thread was a waste lol. These guys aren’t trying to win a Super Bowl. You have a qb on a rookie contract. This is the best time to stack up the team.

Quoted for truth

You either haven't watched many sports or not for very long if you think the Texans are even close to the worst run. Go talk to Browns fans, Lions fans or Buc fans about worst run franchises and that's just in football. Texans have won 4 of the last 5 division titles, that may not mean anything to people on here but it sure as hell means something to the Titans, Jags and Colts.

You either haven't watched many sports or not for very long if you think the Texans are even close to the worst run. Go talk to Browns fans, Lions fans or Buc fans about worst run franchises and that's just in football. Texans have won 4 of the last 5 division titles, that may not mean anything to people on here but it sure as hell means something to the Titans, Jags and Colts.
It means Luck and Mariota were hurt and Bortles wasn't!! :kitten:

IMO If we are waiting on Caserio, this is the BEST season to give up any and all draft picks to acquire upgrades.

I have zero trust in OB and company being capable to use the picks properly anyway... so IF they have to ship off a first or second for Williams... at least we know we filled a position of need using the pick(s)

I guess it boils down to, how competent do you believe OB and company will be with those picks.

If you trust his ability I can understand clinging to picks... otherwise...if you dont trust OB I dont see how those picks could be seen as possibly meaningful in anyway.

eh , I dunno …. I'd rather he not mortgage the future and do just well enough to stick around another year or two and continue the mediocrity carousel , lets just take the suck and put it behind us with a new GM & HC next year.
Well … that's best case scenario ….

eh , I dunno …. I'd rather he not mortgage the future and do just well enough to stick around another year or two and continue the mediocrity carousel , lets just take the suck and put it behind us with a new GM & HC next year.
Well … that's best case scenario ….
Motion seconded.

Mortgage what future? You really think any picks that OB and company will be our future?

Those picks are going to be wasted anyway on guys that they spend those picks on.

Id LOVE OB to be gone.... but lets be real, the Texans org is setting the stage for OB to be here at least 2 more seasons.

Id rather give him weapons now to prove his incompetence and do away with any excuses.

The reality is, as long as OB is here, dug in like a butt chinned tick... this ort has no future outside of inept mediocrity.

The sooner he is out of excuses... the sooner... I pray we can stop wasting seasons.

I would give 1st and 4th to WAS for their LT and pay him. Then let Jadeveon play out this season. he can come back week 2. lol hope we will be 1-0

I wonder if the Trent Williams and Clowney trade discussions will pick up Monday?
Hold it right there bad boy. It's only one game for me but perhaps O'Brien has not pulled the trigger on Trent Williams due to number 63. If left tackle is resolved, whole new universe opens up. Reduced need to trade Clowney for TWill and no need to spend picks either. I still expect JD to be traded but for future picks with less pressure to bring in a starter. RB and WR suddenly looks better also. Corner is now my focus if this team keeps improving. We will see but hope flutters in my chest.

Hold it right there bad boy. It's only one game for me but perhaps O'Brien has not pulled the trigger on Trent Williams due to number 63. If left tackle is resolved, whole new universe opens up. Reduced need to trade Clowney for TWill and no need to spend picks either. I still expect JD to be traded but for future picks with less pressure to bring in a starter. RB and WR suddenly looks better also. Corner is now my focus if this team keeps improving. We will see but hope flutters in my chest.
But how much trade value does JD actually have since other teams just like the Texans cannot negotiate and execute a new multiyear contract with him in 2019 unless a team the Texans would trade JD to could acquire leverage with JD by assuming the position the Texans would have to tag him for the 2020 season after the 2019 season is over ?

But how much trade value does JD actually have since other teams just like the Texans cannot negotiate and execute a new multiyear contract with him in 2019 unless a team the Texans would trade JD to could acquire leverage with JD by assuming the position the Texans would have to tag him for the 2020 season after the 2019 season is over ?
I have discussed this at length and provided link to NFL current CBA that disagrees with your post "just like". True Texans cannot negotiate but link I provided says other teams can. Player agent can bring to Texans to match or trade. Please provide CBA facts and not "So and so said".

I have discussed this at length and provided link to NFL current CBA that disagrees with your post "just like". True Texans cannot negotiate but link I provided says other teams can. Player agent can bring to Texans to match or trade. Please provide CBA facts and not "So and so said".

It says it in the links you posted. Either everyone including people who do this for a living are reading it wrong or you are.

No one can offer Clowney a contract at this point.

It says it in the links you posted. Either everyone including people who do this for a living are reading it wrong or you are.

No one can offer Clowney a contract at this point.
The issue is and always has been a trade. The others and I both agree he can be traded. The others say with restrictions. I say only that he needs to sign the offer once the other team and the Texans have agreed on compensation.

The issue is and always has been a trade. The others and I both agree he can be traded. The others say with restrictions. I say only that he needs to sign the offer once the other team and the Texans have agreed on compensation.

He can only be traded if/when he signs his tender.

Once he signs his tender that is his salary for this year and wherever he ends up the they cannot sign him to another contract until after this season.

He could have negotiated a deal up until july 15. That was the cut off.

He has until the 10th week of this season to sign the tender and report or he loses an accrued season.

There is no trading him until he signs his tender which is part of the leverage that clowney has at this point.

Once he signs his tender that is his salary for this year and wherever he ends up the they cannot sign him to another contract until after this season.

He has until the 10th week of this season to sign the tender and report or he loses an accrued season.

There is no trading him until he signs his tender which is part of the leverage that clowney has at this point.

THIS ^^^^^^

I don't understand why people are having trouble with this.

Is Kalil not playing because he is hurt, sucks, or part of a package for Trent? Just trying to read the situation as last time he talked he said he was healthy. I heard BOB say he was managing snaps but this seems whole situation seems odd. BOB always says he likes competition at every position but gets dang defensive on who his starting LT is even though eye test says RJ is winning. Just wanted to throw some fodder to chum on while we wait to see who starts this week

IMO, it's both. I expect they will trot him out a game or two, then turn it over to RJ or maybe, maybe, maybe Trent Williams. I THINK we might have a chance of being a middle of the road OL with RJ but not a chance in hell with MK. With Trent we might be a bit above average and with a much better chance of not getting DW4 killed.

Yep, I remember Malcom Butler and the Pats having the longest stand off all due to that tender BS a few years back.

I like the rookie deals better under the new CBA, but there are damn sure still a lot of problems with it too. The next CBA negotiation is going to be a disaster ****. We'll be lucky to get a half a season I'm guessing, because they'll have so many issues to iron out on both sides. Fans will lose badly in the end.

IMO, it's both. I expect they will trot him out a game or two, then turn it over to RJ or maybe, maybe, maybe Trent Williams. I THINK we might have a chance of being a middle of the road OL with RJ but not a chance in hell with MK. With Trent we might be a bit above average and with a much better chance of not getting DW4 killed.

I think if you added Trent and the development of the rookies and other guys they could be a very solid unit by mid season. Top 12 possibly. Think about next season to keep him around and we'd have some real solid depth on the Oline.

Back