Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Training Camp & Pre-Season...Game 1...Green Bay Packers!

Don’t know about the WR’s issues this practice. Inside training camp live today did say Fuller told them that he’s still not 100% after the injury...something like he feels slower getting off the LOS. Edit. Or it could have been Coutee they were talking about. I missed the name but I thought from the context it was WF?

Just left the #Packers locker room. Let’s put it this way: they aren’t happy with how Texans defense, specifically Lonnie Johnson Jr., conducted today.

— Ryan Wood (@ByRyanWood) August 5, 2019

Full recap on Lonnie Johnson: 1. Big hit on Jace Sternberger, knocks off his helmet, celebrates by flexing. 2. Shoving match ensues as Packers take exception. 3. Johnson plows through Packers' Trevor Davis on a kickoff. 4. Johnson sent inside for rest of practice by Bill O'Brien

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) August 5, 2019

Check your own language out. Injure as many GB players as possible....really? No wonder Chicago is the murder slum of the US.
listen bro there was no post from me looking 4 Lonnie to murder any Packers players, just injure a lot of them in practice. they know what they signed up for when they got paid millions of $$$ to play a game and injuries are part of that. shopping at wall mart never came with any warning labels that you might get murderkilled by some insane white boi

it's literally 2 diff things don't b a dumby

Just left the #Packers locker room. Let’s put it this way: they aren’t happy with how Texans defense, specifically Lonnie Johnson Jr., conducted today.

— Ryan Wood (@ByRyanWood) August 5, 2019

Full recap on Lonnie Johnson: 1. Big hit on Jace Sternberger, knocks off his helmet, celebrates by flexing. 2. Shoving match ensues as Packers take exception. 3. Johnson plows through Packers' Trevor Davis on a kickoff. 4. Johnson sent inside for rest of practice by Bill O'Brien

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) August 5, 2019

AWESOME KEEP IT UP LONNIE DOn"T BACK DOWN FROM THE PACK

https://twitter.com/RoushKSR/status/1158463026175127552

[tweet]1158463026175127552[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/RoushKSR/status/1158463026175127552

Lonnie Johnson jr.‏Verified account@Lonnie30johnson
Lonnie Johnson jr. Retweeted Aaron Wilson

Not trying to hurt nobody just wanna be great
1f64f-1f3fe.png
203c.png

Aaron Wilson‏@AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
Packers' Jimmy Graham on the Lonnie Johnson hit: 'Honestly, it’s kind of ridiculous by ’32.’ He's a rookie and he needs to know you can’t be hitting guys live in practice. That’s absolutely ridiculous. And we’re not going to stand for that here, '32’ has to chill out, obviously.

Looks like OLD AF J. Graham better watch out for my boi LJ 2mow if he's gonna be running his has-been mouth about rookies getting up on him

listen bro there was no post from me looking 4 Lonnie to murder any Packers players, just injure a lot of them in practice. they know what they signed up for when they got paid millions of $$$ to play a game and injuries are part of that. shopping at wall mart never came with any warning labels that you might get murderkilled by some insane white boi

Meanwhile reports today are that some hospitals in Chicago are turning away shooting victims because they don’t have room to handle the victims. Seems the poor are being used to feather the local politicians rhetoric.

Meanwhile reports today are that some hospitals in Chicago are turning away shooting victims because they don’t have room to handle the victims. Seems the poor are being used to feather the local politicians rhetoric.

The bears training camp is in bourbonois, not chicago and there were no shootings there wt* r u even talking about?????

Call your high school English teacher and demand an apology.

I don’t ignore people for what they say but I do ignore them when they use L33T speech, Internet shorthand and all caps in giant font. Just put him on ignore guys, your eyes and brain cells will thank you.

John McClain’s takeaways from Day 9 of Texans camp

Watson, Hopkins play to the fans
With Packers’ fans lining Clarke Hinkle Field and Ray Nitschke Field on opposite sides of the indoor Don Huston Center, quarterback Deshaun Watson and receiver DeAndre Hopkins put on an impressive show. The Texans warmed up on Clarke Hinkle Field before going to Ray Nitschke Field, where the Packers practice in front of fans who line up hours early to get seats in the modest bleachers down one sideline and in the end zone. Going against the Packers’ secondary, Watson connected with Hopkins on the sideline and over the middle. Hopkins also made a sliding catch over the middle, as he has been doing during camp at Houston Methodist Training Center. Hopkins didn’t make any one-hand receptions or catch a long touchdown pass, though. At one point, offensive coordinator Tim Kelly took Watson and his top-three receivers — Hopkins, Will Fuller and Keke Coutee — to one end of the field. They worked on corner routes, with Kelly telling them what he wanted and then critiquing them.

Warring makes presence felt
The Texans need for rookie tight end Kahale Warring to make up for lost time and become the weapon they thought he could be when they drafted him in the third round. Warring, who missed the first week of training camp because of a hamstring injury, had a superb practice against the Packers. With Jordan Thomas sidelined because of a hamstring injury, Warring stepped up with the second team and made a strong impression. Warring (6-5, 256) did a solid job of blocking, taking on defenders and standing them up in the running and passing games. He also ran hard on every route, even when the ball was thrown to the other side of the field. And he didn’t stop his route until he heard the whistle. Near the end of practice, quarterback A.J. McCarron threw to the corner of the end zone, where Warring was covered by safety Josh Jones and linebacker Oren Burks. Warring came down with the ball for the touchdown, causing a celebration among his teammates.

Watt tested in pass-rush drills
Before he left practice early with a groin muscle that "tightened up," defensive end J.J. Watt turned it up a notch in drills that featured the Texans’ pass rushers vs. the Packers’ pass protectors. Watt beat them inside and outside and with bull rushes. He didn’t have a chance to go against Packers’ David Bakhtiari, one of the NFL’s premier left tackles. Whitney Mercilus did go against Bakhtiari (6-4, 310). Two times, Mercilus used spin moves to beat Bakhtiari. That’s a good sign because the defense is counting on Mercilus to contribute more as a pass rusher than last season when he had four sacks. He’s got to convince defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel to use him more to get after the quarterback.

Howard gets physical in drills
One reason the Texans liked Tytus Howard, their first-round draft choice, was his tendency to get physical with defenders. Howard (6-5, 322) has excellent feet, and he’s working hard on techniques, especially his hand placement. Howard, who plays left guard and left tackle, looked good in the pass protection drill. He showed he can get down and dirty when he took on outside linebacker Kyler Fackrell (6-5, 245). Fackrell came off the edge and tried to bull rush Howard, who just threw him to the ground. They call it rag-dolling, and that’s what Howard did to Fackrell. Now the coaches want to see that on a more consistent basis.

Ferguson turns on the speed
With D’Onta Foreman no longer in the picture after getting waived on Sunday, the coaches are using the two practices against the Packers and Thursday’s preseason opener at Lambeau Field to see if any of the running backs are impressive enough to be the primary backup behind Lamar Miller. Josh Ferguson has the most experience of the backs competing for playing time behind Miller. Ferguson, 5-10, 205, is playing in his third season, including his second with the Texans. During practice, he took a handoff around the right side, got around the defenders and took off down the right side for a touchdown. Ferguson, who played at Illinois, is quick and fast and has good hands. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 when he came out of college. With Foreman gone, he needs to show the coaches he can put his speed, quickness and hands to use, as he did against the Packers.

Hear from Tytus Howard, Rookies have strong day, Running game has positive day and much more from Green Bay. #Texans https://t.co/7uAI9WRv22

— patrick (@PatDStat) August 5, 2019

CB Bradley Roby had a strong day in coverage and showed his speed, especially vertically. He was all over Packers WR Devante Adams who was trying to get vertical on him and forced the bad throw out of bounds. It was a positive step for Roby on Monday.

TE Kahale Warring had two back-to-back receptions that will get the coaches attention. He made a leaping reception over two defenders and when he came down avoided a third Packers defender on a catch and run. Then he hauled in a well-placed pass from A.J. McCarron in the back of the end zone by the pylon. Warring’s touchdown ended up being greeted with an exciting offense that was looking for any positive on a tough day.

OT Matt Kalil continues to struggle in pass protection and taken for a ride against Packers rookie Rashan Gary in pass protection drills. Kalil could not hold his ground, and Gary used Kalil as a plow moving him off his point. Too many times over the past week, Kalil has been driven with ease in pass protection. It will be something to monitor moving forward.

OT Julién Davenport has been bounced back and forth between right and left tackle throughout training camp. Davenport is not comfortable at all at right tackle, and it shows in his footwork. Working at left tackle, he shows a little bit more, but his feet have not improved from last season.

Top Drafted Rookies Have a Big Day
One of the big positives of the Texans was the play of Tytus Howard and Max Scharping. Both rookies held their up in one-on-one drills, and both displayed their athleticism upfront.

Howard showed his power and speed and was able to toss Packers linebacker Kyler Fackrell like a sack of potatoes in a mid-pass rush. Add in the work he did inside at guard, Howard was a plus in his first action against another team.

As for Scharping, he moved well in his pass sets and was able to hold up in pass protection. He had some trouble moving defenders, but as practice moved on, Scharping started opening holes for Lamar Miller.

Howard and Scharping have had strong training camps to this point and today was just another positive step for the duo.

Lonnie Johnson Jr. Makes His Presence Felt
The Texans are looking for a play-maker in the secondary and rookie Lonnie Johnson Jr. made his presence felt on the field. Johnson had a bang-bang play where he caught Packers tight end Jace Sternberger in the chest on a crossing route that was a clean hit. The hit caused a commotion which saw the entire Packers offense run from the side after Johnson showing their disapproval for the hit.

Sternberger stayed down on the field while the scrum continued with Packers players trying to get to Johnson.

Soon after, during kickoff drills, Johnson greeted Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis. Johnson was on coverage drills and ran through Davis while trying to get to the returner with the ball. Davis laid on the ground, and he too was helped off by Packers team personnel.

Later during the practice, Johnson was sent off the field by O'Brien with Head Strength and Conditioning Mike Eubanks with Brian Cushing following close behind. O'Brien did not want incidents anymore with Johnson and the Packers after the hits.

O'Brien discussed the situation with Johnson after practice.

Texans Offense Sputters Through the Air
Deshaun Watson and the Texans offense had trouble moving the ball in the passing game. The pass protection held up and Watson had time to throw, but there was not much there. Packers defenders were getting their hands on the football, and he could not link up with DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, and Keke Coutee. Watson was struggling with accuracy some allowing defensive backs to get their hands to the football.

As practice wore on, Watson was able to get DeAndre Hopkins involved, and he started to go to work. Hopkins had two back to back receptions that got the offense moving. Hopkins best reception came on a quick hitter when he squared up the defender after the catch and shook him for a nice catch and run.

Texans Running Game Has Life
The Texans saw Lamar Miller have success running the football, especially inside the tackle. Miller was able to get to the second level, which is a win for the running game.

Rookie Karan Higdon Jr. ended up getting a good portion of the snaps, and he showed he could run and catch the ball proficiently. Higdon is going to have show he can handle an NFL workload, but they will test him moving forward.

Running back, Josh Ferguson had a nice run that he was able to display his speed. He bounced a run that started inside, and he turned on his speed around the corner untouched for what would have been a touchdown.

Rookie Damerea Crockett was able to catch a touchdown pass off the arm of Joe Webb. Crockett got into the seam of the Packers defense to make the reception.

The Texans have opened the door for any running back to win a spot behind Lamar Miller heading to the season.

Good to read about Tytus, warring and Roby looking like solid acquisitions

Kalil is a waste of a spot. Just go with Davenport and Tytus at LT.

I don’t ignore people for what they say but I do ignore them when they use L33T speech, Internet shorthand and all caps in giant font. Just put him on ignore guys, your eyes and brain cells will thank you.

My IQ drops 5 points every time I read one of his posts and I'm down to 10 total so I have no more to give. But I've never put anyone on ignore. Can someone post quick instructions so I don't have to read his broken English drivel.

I think I found it. Go to his profile, and then click ignore. Hopefully that puts an end to that.

Congrats bro. This boi just put you ur ass on ignore yo. Peace out.

If Matt K isn't going to be up to snuff, there's no way you can start Davenport over there. He's terrible. I'll keep banging this but someone somewhere on Kirby must own a phone. Call the Redskins and make it happen Cal!

If Matt K isn't going to be up to snuff, there's no way you can start Davenport over there. He's terrible. I'll keep banging this but someone somewhere on Kirby must own a phone. Call the Redskins and make it happen Cal!

Davenport is terrible. But towards the end of last year he kept Watson alive and graded better.

Kalil would be worse. Just put Davenport there until Tytus is ready.

Of course I would be happy with Trent Williams too

I think we discussed it before but to be a left tackle you have to be stout and quick . When Matt got drove back by a rookie that eliminated the stout like comparing a Guinness to a Coors Light .

Just put the clown on ignore. You'll be glad you did.

Rodgers, LaFleur differ on joint-practice merits
But at least theGreen Bay Packerscoach and quarterback can agree that after two days of work with theHouston Texans, their offense needs to improve.

While the first-year head coach exalted the benefits of practicing with another team, something the Packers had not since 2005, Rodgers was not on board.

"I wouldn't mind if they didn't do it for another 14 years," Rodgers said Tuesday after the second of two practices leading into Thursday's preseason opener against the Texans -- a game Rodgers isn't expected to play in.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27334871/rodgers-lafleur-differ-joint-practice-merits

OB said he’s going to try to play everybody tomorrow. Assume Packers will too. Chance to see our depth. Wanted to see McCarron dammit. Next I want to see Coker. Guy is built like a fireplug and outweighs Martin by 20#’s....Martin btw is about 20#’s below the average NFL OL weight. Makes me wonder if his weight is contributing to some of his injuries...trying to block a DT that got about 30#’s on him. Anyway I want to see if Coker’s got some push. Howard and Sharping are worth the look. Wanna see the DT’s and what we got there. IMO that position is deep and I could see someone like Dunn as trade bait.

OB said he’s going to try to play everybody tomorrow. Assume Packers will too. Chance to see our depth. Wanted to see McCarron dammit. Next I want to see Coker. Guy is built like a fireplug and outweighs Martin by 20#’s....Martin btw is about 20#’s below the average NFL OL weight. Makes me wonder if his weight is contributing to some of his injuries...trying to block a DT that got about 30#’s on him. Anyway I want to see if Coker’s got some push. Howard and Sharping are worth the look. Wanna see the DT’s and what we got there. IMO that position is deep and I could see someone like Dunn as trade bait.
Martin? I thought he was out injured

Is McCarron back on the field?

Is McCarron back on the field?

By tomorrow at this time we'll all have something new and refreshing to argue about. Some of you may be struck by a massive case of recognizable horror, if so, I suggest large doses of alcohol and drugs, but probably stronger than what you needed last year.

Back