Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Training Camp & Pre-Season...Game 1...Green Bay Packers!

Most 3rd string QBs have no business on an NFL roster, other than they have the experience there in case of emergency. They’re not expected to ever play.

Webb will never take a snap at QB in a real game unless there’s some extreme circumstances. He’s on the roster for his special teams play and an extra camp arm.

It’s unfortunate that AJ got hurt when he did. That’s the guy who needed to get the reps. And now it looks like he won’t get any the rest of the pre-season.

It’s a pre-season game. No reason to get worked up about a 3rd string QB.

The purpose of a 3rd QB is for this time of year.. preseason. It's hard to adequately judge talent with a gimmick wild cat player playing QB.

I think you happened to walk in on an attempt to houseclean tonight. It isn't pretty.

Kemah was one of my old stomping grounds back in the 90's. Many of those old houses west of the bridge are gone. Toddville Road is luxury homes. It's nuts.
Graduated from Clear Creek High in 85.
Worked 5 years at Flying Dutchman through college. T- Bone Tom's was my chicken fried steak destination to much than it should have ever been.
If you think our O Line sucks. Try finding good Mexican food up here. Thats a bigger problem than anything on this board.

Webb is not an NFL quarterback but he's doing a pretty good job as a sacrificial lamb. Shows plenty of heart.

If you’re chasing a QB in his backfield, you’ve got to be expecting an O lineman heading your way. Absolutely can’t believe that’s a blind side hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graduated from Clear Creek High in 85.
Worked 5 years at Flying Dutchman through college. T- Bone Tom's was my chicken fried steak destination to much than it should have ever been.
If you think our O Line sucks. Try finding good Mexican food up here. Thats a bigger problem than anything on this board.

I live in Seabrook. Bridge work. Laredo's closed this year and 146 is a mess. Almost all the businesses on 146 are gone.

The purpose of a 3rd QB is for this time of year.. preseason. It's hard to adequately judge talent with a gimmick wild cat player playing QB.
It’s hard to judge talent anyway when you’re at that stage where you’re using your 3’s and 4’s. Not that big a deal unless you have to use your QB3 with the 1’s and 2’s.

Just an unfortunate circumstance tonight.

You're missing the point.. Joe Webb has no business playing QB on a NFL roster.. I'm not mad that he has to play the game tonight.. Im mad that we don't actually have a QB as our 3rd string QB.. do you understand now? Some of us can actually connect dots to why we're seeing what we are tonight.
Oh I’ve got the dots connected. Texans don’t want to carry three QB’s on the 46. Webb allows that. If DW and/or AJ were to go out the Texans would be on the phone that night picking up an experienced QB. Webb would only be asked to mop up that game. Look also for the texans to keep the guy they brought up today on the PS.

It’s hard to judge talent anyway when you’re at that stage where you’re using your 3’s and 4’s. Not that big a deal unless you have to use your QB3 with the 1’s and 2’s.

Just an unfortunate circumstance tonight.

The 3s and 4s are the guys who need to be evaluated the most though. Those are the players fighting for roster spots.

I may be the most pessimistic about the offense on here but even I am surprised at how much of a trainwreck it looks tonight.

Wow.

Funny that 2 days ago on the radio they described us as dominating practice and clearly the more talented team.

We didn't play a lot of our key guys tonight ,but we didn't look better or polished or ready.

The ol is a damn real concern and seeking a trade for t Williams should be a legitimate consideration.

So, if McCarron is out for the preseason, I can assume we'll be getting a lot of Webb whether we like it or not. LOL

Not sure why I'm bothering to get in the middle of this - but wasn't it KarlK that kept pissing off Doc? You guys might be 'headhunting' the wrong guy.
Of course. I seem to remember testy exchanges with someone, not me. Just yet another example of the bullying and bs of the “regulars” here.

Of course. I seem to remember testy exchanges with someone, not me. Just yet another example of the bullying and bs of the “regulars” here.

Another example of the internet.

Welcome

The Boss Man gives no indication of confidence on the sideline during the game. He needs to work on that for the team's sake.

We brought in that QB I believe was on our PS last year. He just got here. No doubt you will see him in preseason.
Jordan Ta'amu, a rookie out of Ole Miss that was at the Texans rookie mini camp tryouts.

THANK GOD..
So Keke is Gumby after all.

World_s_Smallest_Gumby_and_Pokey_twisted_1024x1024.jpg

It's preseason, save them for the games that matter.

Y'all are acting like we had DeAndre Hopkins out there in the 4th Qtr of a preseason game down by three scores.

Keke is our third receiver & he got hurt in the 2nd Qtr.

If anything a silver lining if BO'b hadn't figured he needs to figure out how to win games without Keke before today, hopefully he understands now.

The last 5 pages of this thread are why I seldom post.
I go back a long way in the Texans old board. Came over after the crash. I read active posts daily, but am afraid to post anything remotely of a personal view, for those who dominate this board will call you a newbie, or a band Wagoner because your post count is not high enough.
It's a shame this board is not an inviting place to share thoughts and passion about the one thing we all have in common.
Mike is dropped

We'll try to do better noob.

We play a "good luck" brand of football hoping opposing teams will beat themselves.

Exactly right .... O'Brien plays "Not to Lose" ! He said - this isn't college .... we don't run and block - "east to west" .... the young guys have to learn .... "north to south"! Don't turn it over .... wait for opponents to make mistakes .... kick field goals .... safeties are always good. Now that's entertainment !!

Weah had a great catch.

I thought all RB’s played really well. Higdon runs hard.

Tytus had some really good plays at Guard

For obvious reasons I hope our backup QB never plays. But if McCarron can’t go we’re going to need outside help

Rankin didn’t come in until the 2nd half. He may be a borderline roster guy.

Lonnie Johnson and Bradley Roby played well. Roby got beat inside once but you can see the speed. Was also very aggressive in run support

The last 5 pages of this thread are why I seldom post.
I go back a long way in the Texans old board. Came over after the crash. I read active posts daily, but am afraid to post anything remotely of a personal view, for those who dominate this board will call you a newbie, or a band Wagoner because your post count is not high enough.
It's a shame this board is not an inviting place to share thoughts and passion about the one thing we all have in common.
Mike is dropped

Screw that. Pick up the mic. Say what you think. Good or bad you should expect ridicule. It's the internet.

I for one want to hear new opinions.

You might have arguments along the way ,but you might find some decent people to.

Highlights for both teams on Youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmh2lTg8Dc8

Crockett wins this round. At he 2:37 picks up a good block from the other side of the pocket. At 2:50 he whiffs. At 3:02 he easily sheds a DT for the touchdown.

I think O'Brien made an emotional decision putting in Howard at LT. Kalil and Roderick Johnson weren't getting it done. If Cal (our interim GM I suppose) doesn't go after Trent Williams, Howard is the only capable lineman on the roster to hold down LT.

Sharping was solid. Not great, but good.

Last edited:
Back