Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Training Camp & Pre-Season...Game 1...Green Bay Packers!

Didn't say that. 99% of my takes are certainly not good. Do you think 99% of your takes are good? Everyone has a little Debby Downer or Sunshine Pumper in them. You can let that bother you, if you want. Or, just keep pumping the sunshine.
I tried to be a sunshine pumper, but I had to go to the doctor to fix the odd burning sensation afterwards.

Imagine you've been watching games with you regular crowd at Voodoo Hut or Skallywags in Kemah for years. Newcomers are welcome, but your crowd naturally has familiarity with each other.

Then a provocateur, let's call him vejadu, comes into every gathering and rocks the boat. People start wanting to watch at home. Are you going to put up with that?
Rocks what boat? The sinking ship that wants everyone to come on board and just totally rip everything the Texans are trying to correct. So if I’m in the BoB sucks crowd I’m in, lol.no thanks. I don’t give a rats ass to be part of the rat pack. Here’s an example. Ok, ok Webb sucks and on and on. But who else was going to play QB tonight? Not DW. Not AJ. It’s really just this crazy.

Just noone ***** when they start slow if starters don't play. This crap happens, players need to play a little

I'd rather start the season healthy and worry about it taking a series or two to get back into it than start fast but have key players lost for significant time. I'd play no one of substance short of some rookies who may/may not be counted upon.

Wow. This was the Joe Webb Show. Is this the 1st time in NFL history that 1 QB played the entire preseason game?

Imagine you've been watching games with you regular crowd at Voodoo Hut or Skallywags in Kemah for years. Newcomers are welcome, but your crowd naturally has familiarity with each other.

Then a provocateur, let's call him vejadu, comes into every gathering and rocks the boat. People start wanting to watch at home. Are you going to put up with that?
Rocks what boat? The sinking ship that wants everyone to come on board and just totally rip everything the Texans are trying to correct. So if I’m in the BoB sucks crowd I’m in, lol.no thanks. I don’t give a rats ass to be part of the rat pack. Here’s an example. Ok, ok Webb sucks and on and on. But who else was going to play QB tonight? Not DW. Not AJ. It’s really just this crazy. Guys not going to play QB this year unless all hell breaks loose. Get him some reps.

Its funny.
I grew up in Kemah, live in Albany, New york these days. Get more useful information not sugar coated, from this board than the puppets on houston radio. I yes sadly, listen streaming.
But there is so much out calling on this board it makes one hesitant to voice a contrary opinion.
That all I'm saying
Ps have always liked you posts.
Th

Not me chief. So you think 99%of the crap here is good takes, lol. It’s the same angry ones posting their hate and giving each other likes as if it’s good takes. Try it. Just read this stuff with an open mind. There is no content unless your world of football revolves around “BoB sucks”.
This place isn’t for you, we have had grumpy pessimists like Steelb and myself and optimists like dalemurphy for almost 2 decades and we have never had any issues. You have made this place much worse by your presence.

Rocks what boat? The sinking ship that wants everyone to come on board and just totally rip everything the Texans are trying to correct. So if I’m in the BoB sucks crowd I’m in, lol.no thanks. I don’t give a rats ass to be part of the rat pack. Here’s an example. Ok, ok Webb sucks and on and on. But who else was going to play QB tonight? Not DW. Not AJ. It’s really just this crazy.

You're missing the point.. Joe Webb has no business playing QB on a NFL roster.. I'm not mad that he has to play the game tonight.. Im mad that we don't actually have a QB as our 3rd string QB.. do you understand now? Some of us can actually connect dots to why we're seeing what we are tonight.

You're missing the point.. Joe Webb has no business playing QB on a NFL roster.. I'm not mad that he has to play the game tonight.. Im mad that we don't actually have a QB as our 3rd string QB.. do you understand now? Some of us can actually connect dots to why we're seeing what we are tonight.

I've seen a lot worse 3rd string QBs in my day.

Coutee posted then deleted “minor setback”

No idea what that means.

Merely a flesh wound !

giphy.gif

Is Rankin playing LG on the 3rd string OL? That doesn't look good for him.

He didn't look too shiny on the right side either. Steinmetz made a quick lateral slide a couple of minutes ago that was impressive. Higdon may have made the team with that tackle a few moments ago.

This place isn’t for you, we have had grumpy pessimists like Steelb and myself and optimists like dalemurphy for almost 2 decades and we have never had any issues. You have made this place much worse by your presence.
You are the angriest poster here. And a liar. I’ve never dissed Docs posts. In fact I almost never responded to them other than to give him many likes. Didn’t really understand the detail he provided so couldn’t say anything if I even wanted to. Read his posts. There is some indication he was tired of a couple of posters, not me.

Its funny.
I grew up in Kemah, live in Albany, New york these days. Get more useful information not sugar coated, from this board than the puppets on houston radio. I yes sadly, listen streaming.
But there is so much out calling on this board it makes one hesitant to voice a contrary opinion.
That all I'm saying
Ps have always liked you posts.
Th

I think you happened to walk in on an attempt to houseclean tonight. It isn't pretty.

Kemah was one of my old stomping grounds back in the 90's. Many of those old houses west of the bridge are gone. Toddville Road is luxury homes. It's nuts.

You are the angriest poster here. And a liar. I’ve never dissed Docs posts. In fact I almost never responded to them other than to give him many likes. Didn’t really understand the detail he provided so couldn’t say anything if I even wanted to. Read his posts. There is some indication he was tired of a couple of posters, not me.

He's nowhere close to the angriest poster.

Not sure why I'm bothering to get in the middle of this - but wasn't it KarlK that kept pissing off Doc? You guys might be 'headhunting' the wrong guy.

Who gives a crap about being part of some big happy forum family? I'm a Texan fan that is sick and tired of being force-fed this imbecilic brand of football that is obviously second rate. That starts at the top and the coach had me screaming earlier until I calmed down and hopefully didn't print the language I was spewing in my house. I personally am fed up with that quarterback whispering horse-shite from Hoyer to Mallet to Savage and so on and so on. Most people on here wish the Texans to succeed. If you love Obrien, have at it. This forum allows me to voice my opinion and whoever wants to hate me, have at it, it don't matter.

BTW, I'm not talking about the Doc leaving scenario, I'm talking about the board in general.

Last edited:
I have been watching NFL football for 30+ years. I have never seen one QB take all the snaps like Webb has in a preseason game. Get the new guy they grabbed from Ole Miss some snaps

Who gives a crap about being part of some big happy forum family? I'm a Texan fan that is sick and tired of being force-fed this imbecilic brand of football that is obviously second rate. That starts at the top and the coach had me screaming earlier until I calmed down and hopefully didn't print the language I was spewing in my house. I personally am fed up with that quarterback whispering horse-shite from Hoyer to Mallet to Savage and so on and so on. Most people on here wish the Texans to succeed. If you love Obrien, have at it. This forum allows me to voice my opinion and whoever wants to hate me, have at it, it don't matter.

This.

Most 3rd string QBs have no business on an NFL roster, other than they have the experience there in case of emergency. They’re not expected to ever play.

Webb will never take a snap at QB in a real game unless there’s some extreme circumstances. He’s on the roster for his special teams play and an extra camp arm.

It’s unfortunate that AJ got hurt when he did. That’s the guy who needed to get the reps. And now it looks like he won’t get any the rest of the pre-season.

It’s a pre-season game. No reason to get worked up about a 3rd string QB.

I have been watching NFL football for 30+ years. I have never seen one QB take all the snaps like Webb has in a preseason game. Get the new guy they grabbed from Ole Miss some snaps
He hasn’t had a chance to even open the playbook, never mind learn a play or 2.

Back