Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Training Camp Practice Updates - 2011

Maybe dah Raidahs? Or Browns? Or Bengals? or... it's hard to predict the trap games for this team. They've been to inconsistent for 9 years.

I can see the Raidahs or Browns being a trap game because they have fairly decent-to-good running attacks. But not the Bungles. I know this is preseason but they simply appear to not have anything going for them. Well, maybe that the game is in Cincy in December.

We've pulled out too many squeakers against Mia-muh over the years for it to be your usual & customary trap game. They're probably overdue to come out on the winning side of one of those cardiac arrest contests.

...you know this discussion probably needs it's own thread

Head Coach Gary Kubiak

(on if there is any new health news) “No, pretty much the same today, Johnathan Joseph back to work. We were real light today just getting moving. We’re going to start our week tomorrow. Joseph was back on the field today. Paul Williams was back on the field today, so a few bodies came back, but other than that we’re still working the same way.”

(on if RB Derrick Ward is closer to getting cleared to play) “Derrick did practice today and should be cleared here any time. We expect him to be available this weekend.”

(on if he’s worried about ILB DeMeco Ryans) “No, I think it’s just taking some time. It (his elbow) got really swollen on him and just getting the flexibility back and going through the rehab process. We were being smart last week. Today, you all can see we didn’t do much at all. It’ll be day-to-day with him, but I don’t have any doubt that he will be back sometime soon.”

(on his assessment of training camp) “I think it’s been good. Obviously the heat’s been very, very difficult, but I think our football team is in excellent shape. I like the way we’re holding up as far as our wind and stuff watching us play. We’re basically done today and get on our routine this week the way we do things in a normal season, so trying to get guys ready for the season.”

(on how long the first team will play against the 49ers on Saturday) “My first answer would be three quarters. We’ll see. Obviously we try to play a little bit more and get close to full game. We turn around and play Minnesota on Thursday, so I’ll play them as much as a possibly can this weekend.”

Monday Quotes

Quotes: Tuesday practice

Head Coach Gary Kubiak
(on how he views the defense) “I think the direction we’re heading right now, you can see a lot of people playing. You’ve got guys like (OLB) Brooks (Reed) playing extremely well and (OLB) Jesse (Nading) playing well, and those guys are interchangeable too as far as playing either outside spot. I think if those guys keep coming the way they’re coming, you feel good spelling (OLB) Mario (Williams); you feel good spelling (OLB) Connor (Barwin). I think you could see a lot of guys playing and that’s a good thing.”

(on if he has to guess since OLB Mario Williams is the only one on defense that has put up big sack numbers) “I think (it’s about) systems. Obviously, players are the ones that got to get to the quarterback, but systems are the ones that help them get to the quarterback. (Defensive Coordinator) Wade’s (Phillips) got a system that’s proven to get there and I think it’ll even itself out. I think the key is are we going to be a good defense and get to the quarterback? It’s not who gets there; it’s just that we get there as a team. If the preseason’s any indication, it’s been pretty spread out.”

(on if ILB Brian Cushing is starting to build up the explosiveness he had in his rookie year) “To me, he’s doing a lot better. It was a slow start for him in camp. He did look good the other night in his 20 plays. He’ll play a lot more this week. I think the key is for Cush is just another big step forward this week, get his confidence back; I can freshen him up and then we’ll be ready to go. We all want to see that and we’re well on our way to that.”

(on OLB Mario Williams getting comfortable in his new position) “It is a change, but every step has been positive. What they’re trying to get him to do, it’s a total change in technique in how you play and the scheme is playing and what he’s being asked to do. Mario’s working. Mario hasn’t missed a day, except the day his dad was ill. He’s been working his tail off. He’s very receptive of (Defensive Coordinator) Wade (Phillips) and (Linebackers Coach) Reggie’s (Herring) teaching. There are a lot of expectations out of him and that’s okay. That’s a good thing. We’re very pleased with his progress at this point.”

(on if he is treating this next game as a regular season game) “All our preparation is like it’s a regular season game. Obviously, our guys won’t play the whole game. As far as the returns go, I think you’ll see (WR) Jacoby (Jones). I’m very confident in knowing what (SS) Danieal (Manning) can do. I’m more concerned with him getting our defense down right now. That answer is probably not a ‘No,’ but we know he’ll be ready to go. He’s been successful doing it, but I want him to concentrate on what he’s doing on the back end right now.”

Tuesday Quotes

I can see the Raidahs or Browns being a trap game because they have fairly decent-to-good running attacks. But not the Bungles. I know this is preseason but they simply appear to not have anything going for them. Well, maybe that the game is in Cincy in December.

We've pulled out too many squeakers against Mia-muh over the years for it to be your usual & customary trap game. They're probably overdue to come out on the winning side of one of those cardiac arrest contests.

...you know this discussion probably needs it's own thread
I understand where you're coming from with the Fins. There are even reports that RB ran up the middle and over a defender.

I understand where you're coming from with the Fins. There are even reports that RB ran up the middle and over a defender.

I guess I'll believe you on that one
...unless you try to tell me his last name was Bush
:D

(on if he’s worried about ILB DeMeco Ryans) “No, I think it’s just taking some time. It (his elbow) got really swollen on him and just getting the flexibility back and going through the rehab process. We were being smart last week. Today, you all can see we didn’t do much at all. It’ll be day-to-day with him, but I don’t have any doubt that he will be back sometime soon.”

Sounds like Demeco has a case of olecranon (elbow) bursitis......an inflammation of the elbow bursa (elbow protection buffer pad mechanism).

localip_kctriarzfe.jpg

It can happen with one acute direct trauma to the elbow or repeated traumas. Rest is the most important part of the treatment. RICE is the main approach along with anti-inflammatory meds, and possible needle fluid aspiration if accumulation is significant. This can take weeks to several months to resolve and can easily recur with continued or recurrent trauma. Recurrence is especially likely, if adequate time for clinical resolution is not allowed before the area is exposed to additional trauma. With recurrent aspirations, you worry about infection of the bursa which can lead to even greater problems. In cases such as this or in cases of multiple recurrence of the inflammatory bursitis, surgery may be indicated, although the need for surgery is still the exception.

image022.jpg

Sounds like Demeco has a case of olecranon (elbow) bursitis......an inflammation of the elbow bursa (elbow protection buffer pad mechanism).

localip_kctriarzfe.jpg

It can happen with one acute direct trauma to the elbow or repeated traumas. Rest is the most important part of the treatment. RICE is the main approach along with anti-inflammatory meds, and possible needle fluid aspiration if accumulation is significant. This can take weeks to several months to resolve and can easily recur with continued or recurrent trauma. Recurrence is especially likely, if adequate time for clinical resolution is not allowed before the area is exposed to additional trauma. With recurrent aspirations, you worry about infection of the bursa which can lead to even greater problems. In cases such as this or in cases of multiple recurrence of the inflammatory bursitis, surgery may be indicated, although the need for surgery is still the exception.

image022.jpg

Thanks Doc!

Must.
Spread.
Rep.

(am I the only one who feels like he should break out a notepad when CnD posts?)

localip_kctriarzfe.jpg

image022.jpg

I think you should change your name to "Ray Of Sunshine" or "Unicorns And Rainbows" or something.

Maybe dah Raidahs? Or Browns? Or Bengals? or... it's hard to predict the trap games for this team. They've been to inconsistent for 9 years.

I don't think there are any trap games for this team. A trap game should only happen when a Team defeats a real good team and then looks past a supposedly weaker one. The Texans have not earned the right to look past anyone in the NFL.

I don't think there are any trap games for this team. A trap game should only happen when a Team defeats a real good team and then looks past a supposedly weaker one. The Texans have not earned the right to look past anyone in the NFL.

That doesn't mean they don't lose a WTF game or two every season.

There should be a "hardcore fans only" training camp pass for weeks like this. I wanna see the roster trimmed down, the play installation, the players on the bubble fighting for their football lives, etc.

It's such a meaningless game and a short week...

Back