Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tracking 2024 Prospect Visits

He's going to be a penalty machine in the NFL. Too handsy.

I typed this before reading LZ's report. LOL
Not necessarily. If Rakestraw is playing close to the LOS, he can get his bump and re-direct on. Asking him to go outside in space would be the issue. It's all about fit. Mitchell and Arnold are scheme diverse. But the rest of the CB class rank differently based off schemes. Smaller guys like Rakestraw, Sainristil, and Renardo Green will make great slot CBs. But their physical limitations would likely have them struggle outside against bigger, longer WRs.

Not necessarily. If Rakestraw is playing close to the LOS, he can get his bump and re-direct on. Asking him to go outside in space would be the issue. It's all about fit. Mitchell and Arnold are scheme diverse. But the rest of the CB class rank differently based off schemes. Smaller guys like Rakestraw, Sainristil, and Renardo Green will make great slot CBs. But their physical limitations would likely have them struggle outside against bigger, longer WRs.
Well done sir 👍

@TheRealJoker, do you remember the research on arm length for LBs? What was deemed the minimum and has that been updated? Were there research into arm length a?

I like Green at 3-86: over Rakestraw in the 2nd. Actually I like Green more than Rakestraw period.

Wilson
Nubin
Green

Would go a long way towards building a dominant defense..

Love the player. I see Chris Harris.
That’s a solid comp. How about this one?

Trent McDuffie, KC selected him pick #21 first rd. Plug & play right away, winning back to back Super Bowls. McDuffie 5-11 193 arm length only 29 3/4 hands 8 3/4. Ran 4.44 1.58 split unfortunately don’t have the vertical to compare to Sainristil who’s vert was 40” but his 10 yard split was outstanding 1.51 that’s bug quick, explains why so sticky underneath but not outside long speed 4.47. Has look of a Pro Bowl Slot cover corner.

:logo:

I’m starting feel that Sainristil will be off the board before Texan pick. So if I actually do a mock draft it will have to be someone else.

The question is, when do you select a nickel corner? I'd be interested in where the top 3 nickel CBs go in the draft.
I'm thinking 2-59

I've got Green rated over Sainristil. He appears to be able to play outside as well as the slot and is really good in man coverage from what I saw. But I'll trust BL on this pick. I also like Melton. BL care to give your thoughts on Melton?

Before 2.42? No way.
I don’t want to bet you rather be there 42, otherwise your on. He is an elite defensive back & slots are damn hard to find and when you do they get paid. He’s top 14th z at defensive player in this draft, behind Turner, Latu, Arnold, Mitchell, Murphy, Newman, Verse, Chop, DeJean, Wiggins & Kool-Aid but he won’t be drafted as such because of his size.

Last edited:
I don’t want to bet you rather be there 42, otherwise your on.
I've seen the mocks where Sainristil goes that high. But let me say this. Since the Texans have entered the league in 2002, no CB both 5'9" AND 182 lbs or less has been selected in the top 42 picks. The last guy that small to be selected that high was Darrell Green in 1983, 28th. Fastest man in the NFL, Darrell Green. 10 second 100 meter dash Darrell Green. He was 5'9" 183 lbs.

Your buddy @steelbtexan might say "History!". I'm not saying it could never happen. Just saying it won't happen this year with Sainristil.

Last edited:
Gabe Hall DT Baylor

Link
“JM: That’s awesome. Have you met with any teams in recent weeks, either in person or virtually?

Gabe Hall: I’d say I’ve probably met with every NFL team at some point throughout this process. I prefer to keep the details private, but I’ve been in touch with every single team at some point. I still have more meetings and virtual calls on my schedule. It’s been a fun process.

I’ve been around some great people. I was nervous at first to see what these NFL coaches are all about (laughs). You find out they’re great people. It’s been fun to find out throughout this process.”

I don’t want to bet you rather be there 42, otherwise your on. He is an elite defensive back & slots are damn hard to find and when you do they get paid. He’s top 14th z at defensive player in this draft, behind Turner, Latu, Arnold, Mitchell, Murphy, Newman, Verse, Chop, DeJean, Wiggins & Kool-Aid but he won’t be drafted as such because of his size.

Huge fan of Sainristil but @Lucky has a point regarding draft slotting. I am shocked the 2x Michigan team captain is not on the Texans prospect visit list. I would love to have him on this defense. A true leader who has his best football ahead of him. I would not mind him at 2.42 either. Just get a good player in here and he is certainly that!

Gabe Hall DT Baylor

Link
“JM: That’s awesome. Have you met with any teams in recent weeks, either in person or virtually?

Gabe Hall: I’d say I’ve probably met with every NFL team at some point throughout this process. I prefer to keep the details private, but I’ve been in touch with every single team at some point. I still have more meetings and virtual calls on my schedule. It’s been a fun process.

I’ve been around some great people. I was nervous at first to see what these NFL coaches are all about (laughs). You find out they’re great people. It’s been fun to find out throughout this process.”
Class

Huge fan of Sainristil but @Lucky has a point regarding draft slotting. I am shocked the 2x Michigan team captain is not on the Texans prospect visit list. I would love to have him on this defense. A true leader who has his best football ahead of him. I would not mind him at 2.42 either. Just get a good player in here and he is certainly that!
Who’s to say he’s not on their big board _ hiding intentions. Signed, ultimate swarm beast👹

I want Sainristil on our defense so bad! He’d be a staple at nickel with King to back him up.
Exactly! Him at nickle, Abrams-Draine outside and Khyree Jackson alternating between CB and safety.

Some UDFAs to hopefully add to PS to coach up. Edge and corners I want to develop with depth to draw from as with WRs. Soon we may be able to look within rather than to go after someone like Stefon Diggs. A better way to manage our salary cap. I am good with Diggs but prefer to draft youngsters and keep them for 2 contracts rather than paying ~30 ish vets top $.

I've seen the mocks where Sainristil goes that high. But let me say this. Since the Texans have entered the league in 2022, no CB both 5'9" AND 182 lbs or less has been selected in the top 42 picks. The last guy that small to be selected that high was Darrell Green in 1983, 28th. Fastest man in the NFL, Darrell Green. 10 second 100 meter dash Darrell Green. He was 5'9" 183 lbs.
You meant since 2002, right ?
Anyway our own Dunta Robinson (drafed 10th overall), was virtually those dimentions, as he was a very smallish young man
for an NFL football player but he was one bad MoFo.

I actually think there’s a chance @beerlover might be right. The chargers pick in front of us and I could see Harbaugh drafting a few of his Michigan players.
Tank has him ranked at 48 with only Melton and him remaining in round two. I am hoping that he falls to 59 if that is correct. The dude is a baller!

Teams don't have to meet with a guy to draft him. There are so many visits via zoom we never hear about.

2024 Prospect Visits

QB Devin Leary Kentucky (EW)
QB Spencer Rattler SC (T30)

WR Dimitri Stanley Iowa St (CGS)
WR Roman Wilson Michigan (SB)
WR Ainais Smith Tx A&M (SB, PD, local PD)
WR Jacob Cowing Arizona (SB, COM)
WR Javon Baker UCF (COM, T30)
WR Troy Franklin Oregon (COM)
WR Ladd McConkey Georgia (SB)
WR Keon Coleman FSU (COM)
WR Xavier Worthy Texas (COM, PD)
WR Jamari Thrash Louisville (COM)
WR Brian Thomas Jr LSU (COM)
WR Luke McCaffrey Rice (SB, COM, T30)
WR Jordan Whittington Texas (COM)
WR Marcus Rosemary-Jacksaint Georgia (SB)
WR/PR Coleton Beck VT (PD)
WR Josh Cephus UTSA (local PD)

RB Kimani Vidal Troy (SB)
RB Will Shipley Clemson (COM)
RB Bucky Irving Oregon (COM)
RB Braelon Allen Wisconsin (COM)
RB Dylan Laube UH (COM)
RB MarShawn Lloyd (SB)
RB Ladarius Owens Texas Southern (local PD)
RB Isaac Guerendo Louisville (T30)
RB Ray Davis Kentucky (T30)
RB Aaron Jones USC (PD)

TE Theo Johnson Penn St (SB, COM)
TE Isaac Rex BYU (Hula)
TE Tanner McLachlan Arizona (COM)
TE Ben Sinnott KSU (SB)
TE Cade Stover OSU (COM)
TE Jaheim Bell FSU (COM)
TE Ja’Tavion Sanders Texas (PD)
TE Malcom Epps Pitt (local PD)
TE Trey Knox SC (PD)

OT Patrick Paul Houston (SB, COM)
OT Kiran Amegadjie Yale (COM)
OT Travis Glover Georgia St (T30)
OT Christian Jones Texas (PD, T30, local PD)
OT Kingsley Suamataia BYU (T30)
OT Matt Gonclaves Pitt (T30)
OT Christian Duffie KSU (local PD)
OT Roger Rosengarten UW (T30)
OT Jordan Morgan Arizona (PW)

OG X’Zauvea Gadlin Liberty (EW)
OG Doug Nester West Virginia (Hula, EW)
iOL Jalen Sundell NDSU (EW)
iOL Beaux Limmer Arkansas (PD)
iOL Brady Latham Arkansas (PD)
iOL CJ Hanson Holy Cross (EW)
iOL Michael Jerrell Univ of Findlay (PD, T30)
iOL Christian Mahogany BC (T30)
iOL Clay Servin Rice (local PD)
iOL Jack Freeman UH (local PD)
iOL Sincere Haynesworth Tulane (local PD)
iOL McKade Mettauer Oklahoma (local PD)
iOL Bryan Hudson Louisville (PD)

Edge Darius Robinson Missouri (SB, COM)
Edge Nelson Caesar Houston (SB, local PD)
Edge Gabriel Murphy UCLA(EW, COM)
Edge Jaylen Harrell Michigan (COM)
Edge Bralen Trice UW (COM)
Edge David Ugwoegbu Houston (COM, local PD)
Edge Chop Robinson Penn St (COM)
Edge Mo Kamara CSU (EW, COM, T30)
Edge Dallas Turner Alabama (COM)
Edge Adisa Isaac Penn St (T30)
Edge Jalyx Hunt Houston Christian (PD, T30)
Edge Jaylon Allen Memphis (local PD)
Edge Ezrah Thibodeaux Tx A&M Kingsville (local PD)
Edge Ovie Oghoufo LSU (PD)
Edge Marshawn Kneeland Western Michigan (T30)
Edge Xavier Thomas Clemson (T30)

DT Myles Murphy UNC (EW)
DT Johnny Newton Illinois (COM)
DT Gabe Hall Baylor (SB)
DT Braden Fiske FSU (SB)
DT Jaden Crumedy Miss St (COM)
DT T’Vondre Sweat (SB, PD)
DT Michael Hall Jr OSU (T30)
DT Joshua Landry Missouri (local PD)
DT Pheldarius Payne VT (ZOOM)

LB Winston Reid Weber State (Hula)
LB Cedric Gray UNC (SB, COM)
LB Payton Wilson NC State (SB, COM, T30)
LB Edgerrin Cooper TX A&M (EW, T30)
LB Jaylan Ford Texas (COM, PD)
LB Tommy Eichenberg OSU (COM)
LB Nathanial Watson Miss St (COM)
LB Tarique Barnes Illinois (PD)
LB Jamal Hill Oregon (ZOOM)
LB Darius Muasau UCLA (PD)
LB Jordan Magee Temple (T30)
LB Omar Speights LSU (ZOOM)
LB Hasaan Hypolite UH (local PD)

CB AJ Woods Pitt (Hula)
CB Kalen King Penn St (SB, COM)
CB Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (SB, COM)
CB Qwan’tez Stiggers CFL (EW, T30)
CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville (SB)
CB Jarius Monroe Tulane (EW)
CB Ennis Rakestraw Missouri (COM, T30)
CB Desmond James Auburn (SB, COM)
CB Kamari Lassiter Georgia (COM)
CB Terrion Arnold Alabama (COM)
CB Cam Hart ND (SB, COM)
CB Nate Wiggins Clemson (COM)
CB Mike Sainristil Michigan (COM)
CB Kool-Aid McKinstry Alabama (COM)
CB Chau-Smith Wade WSU (SB)
CB Davon Ferguson Bowling Green (PD)
CB Malik Fleming UH (local PD)
CB MJ Devonshire Pitt (EW)
CB Andru Phillips Kentucky (T30)
CB Lance Robinson Tulane (PD)

S Malik Mustapha Wake Forest (SB, COM)
S Mark Perry TCU (EW, ZOOM)
S Cole Bishop Utah (SB, COM)
S Beau Brade Maryland (COM)
S Tyler Owens TTU (COM)
S Kamren Kinchens Miami (COM)
S Tyler Nubin Minnesota (COM)
S Travion Blalock Wisconsin (local PD)
S Myles Heard LA Tech (local PD)
DB Marcus Banks Mississippi State (local PD)
S Kam Pedescleaux Tulane (local PD)
S Damani Richardson TX A&M (local PD)
S Sam Mathews TX A&M (local PD)
S Jaylin Simpson Auburn (T30)
S Javon Bullard Georgia (T30)
S Calen Bullock USC (T30)
S Tykee Smith Georgia (SB)
DB Alex Johnson UCLA (ZOOM)

CGS- College Gridiron Showcase
Hula- Hula Bowl
EW- East West Shrine Bowl
SB- Senior Bowl
COM- Combine
T30- Top 30 Visit
PD- Pro Day
Local PD- local pro day
ZOOM- Zoom
PW- private workout

Yes I did, but that goes for all safeties. Nubin is the only S I like better. I do like Bullard a lot though too. Although he has avg speed he's really good at diagnosing. Really smart player and seems like a Ryans kinda a guy. Too bad about the DWI and I hope he isn't held to the same standards that Sweat is being held too.
I love Javon Bullard. He can play nickel or safety. He does diagnose plays fast and he has that quick twitch you want in secondary players. He reminds me of Trent McDuffie only way more physical. For his size he can lay some wood. He was the one who knocked out Marvin Harrison Jr. He is exactly the kind of player we need in our secondary.

Back