Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Titans / Oilers throwback jerseys leaked

It's nothing but greed, and doing it against Houston is a lame attempt at creating a fake rivalry to sell more merch.

Maybe it's as simple Amy Adams Strunk is just as spiteful, greedy, and petty as her father.

I would say there is a real rivalry. Division rivals. The Oilers vs Texans is a welcomed marketable event that the NFL could potentially make money off of to add to a rivalry.

Its makes zero sense for them. I just don't get it other then a nanana nanana boo boo to the city of Houston whats the ******* point?

Heard someone on the radio this morning, forgot who, say that the Titans got a glimpse of the Texans new color scheme and are doing all of this Oiler stuff to remind everyone it's their color, or something to that effect.

If that has any teeth to it, I fear what these unis will look like next year.

Heard someone on the radio this morning, forgot who, say that the Titans got a glimpse of the Texans new color scheme and are doing all of this Oiler stuff to remind everyone it's their color, or something to that effect.

If that has any teeth to it, I fear what these unis will look like next year.

They've already showed you the color of blue, it's the old Houston police car blue they have labeled "Houston Blue" to differentiate it from the Oilers blue.

FiHJUp_XEAMEqAl.jpg:large

I don't see Houston Blue on that!

There's definitely a change coming, however major or minor it turns out to be. They've already said as much. Personally, I don't care. I don't really like the current scheme that much anyways. Which doesn't mean I'll like the new one either. LOL. As long as they keep the Texans bull logo the same and not screw with that, let 'em change colors.

Fluorescent green and orange with yellow helmets would be interesting.

Reactions: JB
Wrong is wrong this is crooked, Houston should care and should keep fighting about it, you don't just lay down and let somebody have something that was yours. That was the problem with this city when the team left nobody put up any kind of fight. Had I been old enough I would have been the main protester, all of the adults back then that had the power to do something about it failed me. I loved that team. John Mcclain's tweet the ************ obviously wasn't in my house back then, take your ass to Tennessee fat ****. You know who else didn't give a **** about them wearing those uniforms for those 2 years? Titans fans, the Tennessee Oilers played to empty stadium every week for 2 years.

Last edited:
This does really put the stamp on how this was just a top 10 TV market they wanted to be able to play Packers/Steelers/Cowboys/Peyton Manning games here, have the Titans come back once a year and get cheered over the hometown placeholder team, and have Super Bowls here. This 32nd franchise spot was never meant to be taken seriously, they intended for Houston to be Cowboys/Titans market like Phoenix is to the Cowboys. The signs were on the wall in the very beginning they put us in a division that was tailor custom made for their posterboy Peyton Manning to have a laid out career as the face of the league. Why the **** else would Indianapolis one of the most northern states in the country be put in the "AFC South"?! Easy answer; so Peyton Manning could play in his alma matter once a year and have 4 games a year against the youngest indoor warm weather expansion teams. This whole thing feels like a massive work now and we've been the sucker ass marks for caring about this team for the last 20 years. **** the whole entire NFL

Last edited:
They've already showed you the color of blue, it's the old Houston police car blue they have labeled "Houston Blue" to differentiate it from the Oilers blue.

When I was a kid living there I remember those HPD cars reminding me of the Oilers. If that’s the blue they are using then it sounds like it’s move to bring back something from the Oilers.

I seem to remember that Bud claimed rights to the colors also so not sure how that will go down.

Anyway, as a former Oilers fan I would love to see the Texans finally do something to embrace the history and appease the older fans.

As for me, I’ve moved on. I’m now married to my lifelong “side chic” 😎.

Speaking of throwbacks 🔥

bucs.jpeg

When I was a kid living there I remember those HPD cars reminding me of the Oilers. If that’s the blue they are using then it sounds like it’s move to bring back something from the Oilers.

I seem to remember that Bud claimed rights to the colors also so not sure how that will go down.

Anyway, as a former Oilers fan I would love to see the Texans finally do something to embrace the history and appease the older fans.

As for me, I’ve moved on. I’m now married to my lifelong “side chic” 😎.

Speaking of throwbacks 🔥

View attachment 12372

"Houston Blue" is a slightly darker blue than "Oilers Blue". Or columbia blue which is what I believe they called the old Oilers uniforms.

I'm gonna start a new rumor right now, and I have it as fact from my alien UFO friends. They say the two female owners of the two franchises are in a color war with each other.

Speaking of throwbacks 🔥

View attachment 12372

Now more than ever with today's social climate seems like the perfect time to bring back the gayest uniforms in sports history. Lombardi rolling over in his ******* grave at some of these haha, the new Colts alternates are atrocious, and they brought back those horrible Jets uniforms that Parcells ordered them to change in order to coach there, and you got a team in Tennessee breaking out Oilers retros people in Nashville celebrating "Luv Ya Blue" in some of the most ass backwards weirdo **** I've seen of any city/sports team culture...

triple-h-hhh.gif

Last edited:
I read that they won't be allowed to wear these on the road so they won't wear them against the Texans in Houston.

Also even if the Texans did want to change to Oilers colors what would stop them? The Bengals were like the Browns identical twin for how long before they went with the stripes? Is that really a rule? I mean look at everybody got a black uniform now, shouldn't the Raiders have had exclusive rights to black? So nobody can use Columbia Blue but the Titans? It is getting petty here.

Me I actually really love the Texans uniforms and colors, the name, I think it's all pretty awesome. Not sure what the big problem with our colors are it's the colors of the ******* Texas flag. I'm not a big fan of changing them at all, I'm dreading seeing what new scheme they come up with. 99.9% chance it will be some retarded looking millennial ****.

The Texans should have the right to break out the Oilers gear for special occasions/anniversaries, that would be cool. If we can't than nobody should be able to, it was "Retired" after all, like that was an official news story that is even in the chronology of the league in the official record and fact books, the first and only time in the history of any league that a logo/colors/team name was retired. So then they unretired it? Because we got another NFL team? No **** shouldn't work like that. It didn't work like that for other cities it shouldn't be a special dick in our ass.

The whole deal is pretty insensitive towards the full story of how this city lost it's football team, which exposes a pretty dark and evil culture within the league itself. We didn't just neglect some golden goose that got away from us, it was all pretty crooked and corrupt and the city got royally screwed. Houston should be fairly pissed about this and the Texans should put up a fight to do something about it. There was a time when the Texans were doing a lot to honor the Oilers but then it was like it all stopped and shifted to the Titans, Earl, Bum, Childress and others were here to help get the team off the ground in Houston in 2001-2002. Remember Bum coming out to the first playoff game in 2011? That stadium went ******* NUTS. What happened? When and why did the Texans stop acknowledging the Oilers?

Last edited:
That's a fact. If I had a history like the Oiler's (love them even as I did) I'd have transformed like the Browns did to become the Ravens in Baltimore and never looked back. The last thing Amy Adams should do is drag that past out into the light and revive that curse.

And I know it's so contradictory. I'd have been thrilled if they left that curse and all its history to us because one day it's going to end and that team will break through like the Rockets eventually did and the Astros did and it should happen here with generations of fans who endured it all.
I agree Amy Adams should move on, but who knows if the Ravens would have done a Browns throwback. They had to move on from the Browns because they didn't own the rights to anything to do with the Browns. The Titans own the rights to the Oilers.

Interesting article on how the economics of the Oilers leaving because the city wouldn’t subsidize the cost of the stadium.

Another article by a big fan of the Oilers telling the tale of how it went down.

I read somewhere that Bud Adams biggest regret is leaving Houston first. Adams said he should have let Drayton McClane leave first. Had he done that then Oilers would have stayed and gotten a new stadium instead of the Astros.

Astros or Oilers? Who would you have rather kept? And not the Astros of 2020’s. The Astros of 1990’s.

I would say there is a real rivalry. Division rivals. The Oilers vs Texans is a welcomed marketable event that the NFL could potentially make money off of to add to a rivalry.

There is literally nothing inspiring or great about "division rivals" when it's a shitty division.

Real, historical NFL rivalries are the ones where teams beat each other for something that matters. Patriots/Colts when Brady and Manning were playing. Now it's the Chiefs and Bengals.

If the Titans really wanted to celebrate the choking history of the Oilers, they'd wear these against the Steelers and Bills. :heh:

I think it's amusing to see a team wrap itself in the uniforms of a dead brand when that brand was nothing but heartbreak for the majority of its history.

And it's sad to see former Oilers players grovel for attention from a Tennessee fan base that never saw them play.

There is literally nothing inspiring or great about "division rivals" when it's a shitty division.

Real, historical NFL rivalries are the ones where teams beat each other for something that matters. Patriots/Colts when Brady and Manning were playing. Now it's the Chiefs and Bengals.

I didn’t know the high level of which you wanted to be entertained.

Two hot chicks in a bikini wrestling in jello is more entertaining than two ugly chicks. But I am still going to watch both.

Patriots/Colts and Chiefs/Bengals are rivalries because those teams are at the top.

That type of rivalry the Texans can only dream of. I hope we get there one day. Right now we are just an ugly chick trying to get out of the division by beating down some other ugly chicks. Winning the division seems like a dream from where we have been the last 3 years.

(Sorry for the caveman metaphors and offending any of our female readers. I am sure there is a fancy word for that but as you can tell I am not that bright.)

Wrong is wrong this is crooked, Houston should care and should keep fighting about it, you don't just lay down and let somebody have something that was yours. That was the problem with this city when the team left nobody put up any kind of fight. Had I been old enough I would have been the main protester, all of the adults back then that had the power to do something about it failed me. I loved that team. John Mcclain's tweet the ************ obviously wasn't in my house back then, take your ass to Tennessee fat ****. You know who else didn't give a **** about them wearing those uniforms for those 2 years? Titans fans, the Tennessee Oilers played to empty stadium every week for 2 years.

Fight who? Bob Lanier (mayor) was not going to give Bud Adams what he wanted. The NFL was not going to stop him from moving for a new stadium (other owners wanted to do the same). Protesting was a waste of time.

Fight who? Bob Lanier (mayor) was not going to give Bud Adams what he wanted. The NFL was not going to stop him from moving for a new stadium (other owners wanted to do the same). Protesting was a waste of time.

Bob Lanier was somewhat of a relative of mine back then. My sister was married to his son and my nieces of nephew are his grandkids. While I had the chance a few times, I never met him. I was pretty good friends with my brother-in-law though. He was always a cool dude. He was a huge Oilers fan and but had zero pull with this dad in that sense. From day one, he was convinced that the "old man" as he called him, was not going to play ball with Bud. He was never optimistic that something was going to get done.

Ironically, I first found out about this while in Tennessee. I was visiting my brother in South Carolina and found out the Oilers were playing the Redskins in Knoxville, TN. It was just a couple of hours away and it was Steve McNair's first preseason game. I drove up there and saw all of these signs everywhere saying things like "Welcome Tennessee Oilers". I thought, well that's stupid. Where are the "Tennessee Redskins" signs?? Some guy sitting next to me told me the Oilers were moving there which I didn't believe at all. The next day at my brother's house I called my brother-in-law in Houston and he told me that the "old man" isn't going along with Bud's antics and "it doesn't look good". Apparently, Bud pulled something to force Lanier's hand and that p*ssed him off.

It was basically "agree to build my stadium now or I'm contractually obligated to leave for Nashville". Bud hedged his bet that Lanier would give in after reviewing that and not let them leave, well that didn't work out too well, so he was forced to leave. That's apparently why he had nowhere to go in Tennessee because he wasn't expecting to really go, hence why they were in no-man's land for a few seasons. The Tennessee thing was just a pawn. Bud Adams never really wanted to go there and was bitter about that until the day he died.

That's why he swore to never let the city of Houston have the name, colors, etc. It was basically a p*ssing match that Bud lost, and as a result all of the fans, including my brother-in-law were collateral damage. Him and my sister are no longer married, however my nephew got married last year and I saw him for the first time in years at the wedding. He's totally anti-NFL now. He's an Aggie so just good with that.

BTW, that's the Lanier side of story. I told John McClain all of that years ago and he said it was pretty close to what happened, however there's always another side of the story. JM was always a little fond of Bud Adams. Thanks to JM I did eventually meet Bud Adams along with Bum Phillips and some other Oilers legends. He wasn't what I was expecting, however he was almost 90 at that point. He spoke more like a fan than an owner. I had a Texans polo shirt on and he thought I worked for the team as this was an event mainly for team officials (JM pulled some strings to get myself and some other Texans fans from this board in there). BTW, I know JM gets a lot of flak on this board, but he's actually a very good dude. I was one of his biggest critics also. He does care about what people think about him and he does care about the game and the fans. He used to frequent this board BTW and always called me "Hook'em". Not sure now, I haven't spoken to him in years.

Anyway, that's a ton of water under the bridge for me now. However, seeing those Oilers uniforms brought a lot of that back to mind. It took me years to get over all of that mess, which as DB often points out is pretty silly when you think about it. We're just rooting for laundry. :)

The rumor for years is Oilers Counsel Steve Underwood was in Bud's ear instead of being patient about getting a new building. The media asked Bob Lanier about the proposed Bud dome downtown that he wanted and Lanier said the Oilers play in a county facility he needs to go to the county if he wants a new building. Bud backed himself into a corner by signing an exclusive negotiating deal with Nashville so they basically had a deal signed and he couldn't let Houston try and match because of legalities'.

The rumor for years is Oilers Counsel Steve Underwood was in Bud's ear instead of being patient about getting a new building. The media asked Bob Lanier about the proposed Bud dome downtown that he wanted and Lanier said the Oilers play in a county facility he needs to go to the county if he wants a new building. Bud backed himself into a corner by signing an exclusive negotiating deal with Nashville so they basically had a deal signed and he couldn't let Houston try and match because of legalities'.

It was a sad...sad....situation.

Last edited:

For some of y’all, a few, y’all are going to have to come to grips with of wanting to beat the oilers.

It’s exercising the demons. I think this needs to happen for Houston to appease the football gods and get rid of the curse that has been hanging over Houston the last 5 or so decades.

Houston vs Houston. There can be only one.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the Texans could do a “Looking Forward” uniform for WK15, and roll out their new uniforms for 2024 for (1) game.

As an outsider with no skin in this particular game, when I saw the Titans were pulling out the Oilers uniforms and then will be wearing them against the Texans when they come to town, I have to tell you I thought that was pretty weak on their part. Not that I care one bit and the history of the team went to Tennessee, but still comes across as wrong to me.

Offended ?? Not hardly. That word has almost lost any meaning since everyone is offended by literally everything these days.
By the time I post this response I may be cancelled for using the word "literally" in a sentence. You never know...

Anyway, the Houston Oilers, being a part of the old AFC Central, always played my beloved Bengals and I remember those teams vividly from my youth. To me, the Oilers will forever be the great players from those teams and something uniquely HOUSTON. I will admit to thinking it will be cool to see those uniforms again, but they are on the wrong team and have no true place in Tennessee. As a fan of the Texans, I would LOVE to see them be able to wear these uniforms again, but I don't suppose that will ever come to be. It's a shame really...

Not to wish ill or be childish, but I will... I hope the Titans lose every game they play while wearing those uniforms.

IF I were a McNair and I had ANY faith what so ever the Texans org made the right choices.

I would have a press conference where I would challenge Amy to a bet:

Texans win against the Titans in Tenn pretending to be the Oilers. She as owner must sell the rights for all things Oilers to the Texans at seasons end for fair price.

(If the bet is to sell but not for fair price included she could say" its for sale for 900 trillion... cant afford it... well I offered")

Texans lose to the pretend Oilers we never ask again.

If she says "no" then my response would be like Back to the Future 2:

I know it probably wouldn't work.... but the Titans org is trolling the Texans.... no harm in trolling back.

I really just want either the Texans to gain ownership (never happen) or the fans to move on.

IF I were a McNair and I had ANY faith what so ever the Texans org made the right choices.

Texans win against the Titans in Tenn pretending to be the Oilers. She as owner must sell the rights for all things Oilers to the Texans at seasons end for fair price.

(If the bet is to sell but not for fair price included she could say" its for sale for 900 trillion... cant afford it... well I offered")

I know it probably wouldn't work.... but the Titans org is trolling the Texans.... no harm in trolling back.

I really just want either the Texans to gain ownership (never happen) or the fans to move on.

Getting to the AFCCG would be the quickest way to get every Houston fan fully onboard with the Texans. Getting to a SB would all but end the desire for anything related to the Oilers.

So what's the risk in this bet for Tennessee?

So what's the risk in this bet for Tennessee?
Doesn't really matter, they would NEVER go for it even if there was something for them to truly win out of it.

Its mostly to troll the team trying to troll you and your fans.

IF they say no, you can insist they are scared. IF they bring up there is so little for them to gain... ask what they are looking for or say youd pay "fair price" regardless of if they sell it or not for example. So either way they make the amount of money even if they don't sell rights to the Texans.

As I said, I don't see a single way that Amy actually goes for it. I am sure that much like me Im sure Titans fans are sick of hearing the Texans fans wanting claim to Oilers history. Which only gives the Titans room to goad us because we dont move on. (As a fan base)

We have the memories, they own the rights.

I wasn't in Houston yet when the Oilers were around, but I still think it's a classless organization that would wear Houston throwback jerseys against a Houston team. NFL too for allowing it. As far as I remember Tennessee never wore those colors in Tennessee.

The first year when they were the Tennessee Oilers?

The first two years ('97, '98) when they were the Tennessee Oilers in fact.

People in Nashville didn't give a rip about the name and wanted something new to call their own, and although former Oilers tried to convince Bud Adams to keep the name he eventually caved from enough pressure from local media and fans.

Interesting question for me is why was the decision made by Paul Tagliabue to retire the Oilers name? I suppose the argument is that it was an IP of Adams so it was his to do whatever with. But there was also precedent with the Cleveland Browns situation, and the league certainly had to have in mind that they would be back in the 4th largest market in the country much sooner than later with a diehard fanbase that no doubt missed it's Oilers.

Ultimately a big fat nothingburger to me as the Texans are here now and that's who I unquestionably root for, meanwhile the fanbase in Tennessee still doesn't give a rip about the Oilers identity other than maybe a glitzy new collar to pop for a weekend that really feels more like Weekend at Bernie's NFL edition.

Still feel most for the ex-players, the Dr. Doom's, the Bruce Matthews', the Earl's, the Haywood Jeffires'.. I'm sure they'll appreciate seeing the old colors and hearing their names for a change, but they've got to still feel like the neglected kids of a messy divorce. They're just being trotted out by one parent to make the other feel some kinda way.

The first year when they were the Tennessee Oilers?
The first two years ('97, '98) when they were the Tennessee Oilers in fact.

People in Nashville didn't give a rip about the name and wanted something new to call their own, and although former Oilers tried to convince Bud Adams to keep the name he eventually caved from enough pressure from local media and fans.

Interesting question for me is why was the decision made by Paul Tagliabue to retire the Oilers name? I suppose the argument is that it was an IP of Adams so it was his to do whatever with. But there was also precedent with the Cleveland Browns situation, and the league certainly had to have in mind that they would be back in the 4th largest market in the country much sooner than later with a diehard fanbase that no doubt missed it's Oilers.

Ultimately a big fat nothingburger to me as the Texans are here now and that's who I unquestionably root for, meanwhile the fanbase in Tennessee still doesn't give a rip about the Oilers identity other than maybe a glitzy new collar to pop for a weekend that really feels more like Weekend at Bernie's NFL edition.

Still feel most for the ex-players, the Dr. Doom's, the Bruce Matthews', the Earl's, the Haywood Jeffires'.. I'm sure they'll appreciate seeing the old colors and hearing their names for a change, but they've got to still feel like the neglected kids of a messy divorce. They're just being trotted out by one parent to make the other parent feel some kinda way.
My bad, but still not a fan of the scheduling with Houston. Do you feel the same way about their Ring of Honor?

Last edited:
Sorry, Not specific to you but Houston Oilers fans in general. How do they feel about the Titan's ring of honor?

Sorry, Not specific to you but Houston Oilers fans in general. How do they feel about the Titan's ring of honor?

No worries if it were specific to me, I don't mind.

That said I can't possibly speak for Houston Oilers fans in general's view on the Titans's roh. I can simply guess/assume that they, generally speaking, have some degree of negative view of it. I personally find it some blend of silly and sad, but also unfortunately irrelevant.

I still can’t imagine how The Adams Family missed the marketing angles when moving the team to TN.

The Adams Family could’ve modified the “The Beverly Hillbillies” theme song and loaded the family up in an old Model T truck when arriving for Sunday games.

You know…..sell the Tennessee fans that the Oilers name was like Texas Tea found in the hills of Tennessee.

Then to make everyone feel at home about their new team…..before the kickoff at home games, they could entertain fans by showing them how Amy and Susie could still outrun Kenneth endzone to endzone.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the Texans could do a “Looking Forward” uniform for WK15, and roll out their new uniforms for 2024 for (1) game.

Not really. Have a gut feeling the new unis will be horrible, just to appease lovelorn fans and take their nostalgia money.

Couldn’t care less what that franchise does. But good for the players to be recognized even though those people have no clue who they are. That’s something the Texans should have embraced from the beginning but they chose not to.

I wonder how the Titans fans feel about these uniforms they have zero ties to? I can see these not selling at the gift shop.

Actually, I wouldn't mind picking up a McNair or George throwback.

Edit: Yep, they're selling a bunch of throwbacks, including Earl. And it doesn't have Titans anywhere on it. Now I know what I'm getting for my B-day.

mens-nike-earl-campbell-light-blue-tennessee-titans-oilers-throwback-retired-player-game-jersey_ss5_p-200412579+pv-1+u-km4zpx3nacl4xcnlaq69+v-lv6vfumjlm8zpytnjvws.jpg

Back