Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Titans / Oilers throwback jerseys leaked

Absolutelydisgusting1.jpg

Nobody in Tennessee has a connection to the Oilers. This is the Adams family dry-humping the corpse of a dead brand for pure greed.

m'eh, whatever. The Houston Oilers were murdered in 1996 and that's that.

Hopefully the ghost of 35-3 haunts the Titans all season.

I get it, I grew up in Houston, grew up an Oilers fan etc...maybe not as long as some...... but it's the past.

The moment the Adams family packed up Uncle Fester, Thing, It and Lerch to move to a place where Wednesday and Puglsy could pursue a relationship without it being frowned upon.... I owed them nothing and they darn sure showed they would give nothing to the fans but a big F U.

I gave them two enthusiastic fingers up when they left and I meant it. I have good memories they cant take, they don't own those.... but I have fully moved on. Oilers are our history but they own the rights. I wont give them the satisfaction of getting to me because their team has nothing better to do than troll its old city using the license to try and goad me into caring about them.

We are the Texans, I wasn't a fan of the name originally, but they are my team... if I hadn't moved on Id still be a Titans/Oilers fan.

On game day, I will be hoping my Texans stomp a mudhole in the pretend Oilers and maybe put to rest so many pining for what was.

Again, I get it the world was different then.... but an F U always remains an F U. Life is better letting go and moving on.... IF all we want to do is cling to 20-30 years ago... we may as well be Cowboys fans.

But people in Texas, not just Houston loved them some Earl Campbell & Bum Phillips.

Of course they did. I did too. But that was over 40 years ago. Long past time to move on.

That's the Oilers to many people & why they're offended by Titans fans grasping at them.

And people are stupid. If you're offended by a uniform that was last worn in this city 27 years ago, go seek professional help. You're welcome.

The team was a disappointment. I never considered myself a fan. But people in Texas, not just Houston loved them some Earl Campbell & Bum Phillips. That's the Oilers to many people & why they're offended by Titans fans grasping at them.

Two good things from 30 years of football?

I forgot. An 2 AFC championship game appearances too. That seems to be a big thing for people.

Man - I am offended that people are offended by this.

Move on. It’s unhealthy.

It’s like following your high school crush for sixty years and she done got married and has grandchildren expecting her to come back to you.

Of course they did. I did too. But that was over 40 years ago. Long past time to move on.

And people are stupid. If you're offended by a uniform that was last worn in this city 27 years ago, go seek professional help. You're welcome.

Speak for yourself. Obviously, you were never an Oilers fan and possibly only arrived on the scene as a Texans fan....that's cool, but you'll never understand the Houston fans that grew up with those Oilers teams. I arrived in Houston (August 1969) at the ripe old age of 7, and immediately became an Oilers fan. Never was a fan of that pile of shite with eyeballs, better known as Bud Adams, but a true Oilers fan through and through.

Speak for yourself. Obviously, you were never an Oilers fan and possibly only arrived on the scene as a Texans fan....that's cool, but you'll never understand the Houston fans that grew up with those Oilers teams. I arrived in Houston (August 1969) at the ripe old age of 7, and immediately became an Oilers fan. Never was a fan of that pile of shite with eyeballs, better known as Bud Adams, but a true Oilers fan through and through.

Umm…1965 here if you want to measure shit. Bled Columbia blue through and through thank you very much. So don’t give me any sobfest “true Oiler fan” bullshit. Been there, done it and it’s been over with for 27 YEARS.

If anybody is still heartbroken over it, like I said, seek professional help.

You were probably a Tennessee fan when the Oilers moved too huh you young whippersnapper? :D

Nobody in Tennessee has a connection to the Oilers. This is the Adams family dry-humping the corpse of a dead brand for pure greed.

That's a fact. If I had a history like the Oiler's (love them even as I did) I'd have transformed like the Browns did to become the Ravens in Baltimore and never looked back. The last thing Amy Adams should do is drag that past out into the light and revive that curse.

And I know it's so contradictory. I'd have been thrilled if they left that curse and all its history to us because one day it's going to end and that team will break through like the Rockets eventually did and the Astros did and it should happen here with generations of fans who endured it all.

You were probably a Tennessee fan when the Oilers moved too huh you young whippersnapper? :D

Actually, I stuck with being a fan of the Houston Cougars (Primary), Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and Michigan.

I knew Houston was far too big for the NFL to snub their nose at the potential market. It would just be a matter of time.

Umm…1965 here if you want to measure shit. Bled Columbia blue through and through thank you very much. So don’t give me any sobfest “true Oiler fan” bullshit. Been there, done it and it’s been over with for 27 YEARS.

If anybody is still heartbroken over it, like I said, seek professional help.

Maybe you should seek some help for having little to no passion for the Oilers history.

Maybe you should seek some help for having little to no passion for the Oilers history.
How about you stop assuming my fandom for the Oilers. You don't know me. And what part of I bled Columbia blue did you not understand? They left damn near 3 decades ago. Though I still have passion for the players, Earl, Dr. Doom, Matthews, etc, I couldn't give 2 shits about that franchise now. If they want to wear the derrick and give their fans pom poms, who ******* cares? I mean aside for those of you still pining away for that high school sweetheart that left you and has been happily married to someone with 7 teeth in his head and has had 12 kids, 4 of whom are dating each other, over the last 27 years.

She ain't coming back. Get over it.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
How about you stop assuming my fandom for the Oilers. You don't know me. And what part of I bled Columbia blue did you not understand? They left damn near 3 decades ago. Though I still have passion for the players, Earl, Dr. Doom, Matthews, etc, I couldn't give 2 shits about that franchise now. If they want to wear the derrick and give their fans pom poms, who ******* cares? I mean aside for those of you still pining away for that high school sweetheart that left you and has been happily married to someone with 7 teeth in his head and has had 12 kids, 4 of whom are dating each other, over the last 27 years.

She ain't coming back. Get over it.

Wowzy…….had too many young sweethearts to pine for one. As for the Oilers….they just went dormant the moment the Adams Family re-named their franchise the Titans.

Oilers were left in purgatory…..along with their history. The NFL should’ve stepped in and asked McNair if he would like to revive the Oilers….if so, the NFL could’ve mediated a settlement for the name to be awarded back to the City of Houston and McNair.

Houston is cursed with both the Oilers and the Texans. There's not much NFL greatness from either franchise after 6 decades.

And yet we cling to colors and clothes. We root for laundry, like Jerry Seinfeld said.

Whatever someone wants to do with their little costumes is irrelevant. Sell that merch, make that money, billionaires are nothing if not self-serving.

Meanwhile, us plebes argue over memories, good and bad, and fork out our hard-earned money for a bunch of overpriced, Chinese-made nostalgia bait.

Maybe it's age and wisdom, but this stuff seems so pointless at the end of the day. I used to care, but now it just feels like too much energy to bother.

Oilers were left in purgatory…..along with their history. The NFL should’ve stepped in and asked McNair if he would like to revive the Oilers….if so, the NFL could’ve mediated a settlement for the name to be awarded back to the City of Houston and McNair

Don't necessarily disagree, but Bud Adams wasn't letting that go no matter what.

Texans have had Andre Johnson & JJ Watt and Gary Kubiak
& Jon Weeks!
I kept following the Oilers when they went to Tennessee. Up until the Texans showed up. Not proud of it, but I was a huge fan of George, McNair, Matthews, and Bishop.

And sure, seeing the Oilers uni on a team that doesn't play in Houston bothers me. And it makes zero sense. But I can't do anything about it other than burn the stadium down and all the uniforms in it. Then, they'll just order more. :shrug:

I kept following the Oilers when they went to Tennessee. Up until the Texans showed up. Not proud of it, but I was a huge fan of George, McNair, Matthews, and Bishop.
Following is not the same as being a fan... I still follow the Cowboys to some extent, mainly for the giggles, but I am not a fan

Its makes zero sense for them. I just don't get it other then a nanana nanana boo boo to the city of Houston whats the ******* point?

Guess Moon isn't too fond of his old fans and the city that hosted him all of those years. Probably too many bad memories with underachieving, choking away playoff games, choking his wife, etc. Titan fans don't know the frustration that guy brought all fans of the Oilers back then. Even the 35-3 game, yes, he helped build that lead and the defense blew it (as his defenders always point out), however if he could have had just one sustained drive in the 2nd half the Bills wouldn't have had enough time to come back. It would have at least slowed down the avalanche that was happening. A great leader would've stepped in, calmed everyone down, and took back control. Instead Moon just had a look of dismay on his face sitting on the bench as he kept going 3 and out in the 2nd half.

I can't remember which former teammate it was, however years ago I remember watching a documentary where he said how much Moon would tense up in certain situations. He said it was very apparent in the huddle and it would also carry over to the rest of the team.

Whatever, water under the bridge. Titans fans probably only see him as a HOF QB that formerly played for their franchise.

Its makes zero sense for them. I just don't get it other then a nanana nanana boo boo to the city of Houston whats the ******* point?

It's nothing but greed, and doing it against Houston is a lame attempt at creating a fake rivalry to sell more merch.

Maybe it's as simple Amy Adams Strunk is just as spiteful, greedy, and petty as her father.

Back