Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TIME TO RELEASE THE STORY BEHIND THE "MULUGHETA EFFECT" ON THE WATSON/TEXANS RELATIONSHIP..............AND MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
And the reason this was an issue is because Easterby didn't know what he was doing and violated NFL rules by tampering with another teams employees. I'm seeing a pattern here of Easterby's incompetence, ignorance and naivety.
Again that tampering thing was BS and I wish the Texans had fought it so we could have avoided all this "Easterby tampered with another team" talk.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And the reason this was an issue is because Easterby didn't know what he was doing and violated NFL rules by tampering with another teams employees. I'm seeing a pattern here of Easterby's incompetence, ignorance and naivety.
Easterby tampering really didn't make. Truth is if Calhoun would have given up the Howard 1st Caserio would've become the GM a yr earlier and the BOB/Easterby yr would've been avoided. This would've happened regardless if Easterby had tampered or not. Like I said, The decision not to give up that 1st by Calhoun is what put this franchise where it is today.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Again that tampering thing was BS and I wish the Texans had fought it so we could have avoided all this "Easterby tampered with another team" talk.
Do you have anything credible to substantiate that the tampering was BS?

The Texans released an official statement that was basically apologizing for it in corporate speak:

Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair released the following statement:

“When we started the process to interview Nick Caserio for our EVP/GM position, we consulted the League office on numerous occasions, followed the procedures outlined in the League’s rules and believed we were in full compliance. We have now been made aware of certain terms in Nick’s contract with the Patriots.

“Once we were made aware of these contract terms, I informed Mr. Kraft that we would stop pursuing Nick.”

The league later changed the rule at an owner's meeting:

'Nick Caserio Rule' among changes approved by owners | RSN

Per Breer, teams no longer can include clauses in executives' contracts that would prevent them from moving to a higher role in another organization.
So at the time of Easterby's tampering (June 2019), Caserio's contract was not illegal. The league changed the rule the following year (May 2020).

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

The Texans released an official statement that was basically apologizing for it in corporate speak:

“When we started the process to interview Nick Caserio for our EVP/GM position, we consulted the League office on numerous occasions, followed the procedures outlined in the League’s rules and believed we were in full compliance. We have now been made aware of certain terms in Nick’s contract with the Patriots.

“Once we were made aware of these contract terms, I informed Mr. Kraft that we would stop pursuing Nick.”

So at the time of Easterby's tampering (June 2019), Caserio's contract was not illegal. The league changed the rule the following year (May 2020).
Yes Cal apologized but he also apologized to Watson so there is that. Whether the contract actually was illegal or not we will never know because according to one interpretation of the league rules it was. The only way we would no for sure is if it had gone to arbitration. Very similar to the ways laws are not really defined until they have gone through the court system.

In fairness to the Texans I can understand why they didn’t fight it as there was a chance it would be ruled against them and they would have to give the Pats picks, something they were in short supply of. From Cal’s point of view Caserio would be free and clear in just one more year and then he could hire him no strings attached. I mean how much damage could OB and Easterby do in just one year?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Timing is everything.

Calhoun treated this situation like the Cuck that he is and his franchise is still suffering the consequences of that decision.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes Cal apologized but he also apologized to Watson so there is that. Whether the contract actually was illegal or not we will never know because according to one interpretation of the league rules it was. The only way we would no for sure is if it had gone to arbitration. Very similar to the ways laws are not really defined until they have gone through the court system.

In fairness to the Texans I can understand why they didn’t fight it as there was a chance it would be ruled against them and they would have to give the Pats picks, something they were in short supply of. From Cal’s point of view Caserio would be free and clear in just one more year and then he could hire him no strings attached. I mean how much damage could OB and Easterby do in just one year?
I want an owner that's willing to go big or go home.

What's the worst that could have happened. The Calhoun's would have had to given up the 1st (Howard pick) Calhoun is a Cuck at heart. This is what happens when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Dejaview

All Pro

What's the worst that could have happened. The Calhoun's would have had to given up the 1st (Howard pick) Calhoun is a Cuck at heart. This is what happens when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
This is getting old. In my life I’ve seen far more dumbasses that weren’t born with “silver spoons in their mouth”. You have a burden of proof to prove your point. Go.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is getting old. In my life I’ve seen far more dumbasses that weren’t born with “silver spoons in their mouth”. You have a burden of proof to prove your point. Go.
Cal wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth?

I'm lucky enough to deal with people like Cal on a daily basis.
Multi millionaires not billionaires.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

So you want an owner like the Browns have in Haslam? He went big and got Watson.

No thank you.

Go cheer for the Browns and Watson if that’s what you want.

(Edited to include Haslams as Browns owners)

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

Yeah, Khan isn't the greatest owner, but he came up from dirt and takes ownership more seriously than a guy like Cal who was given the keys vs earning the keys

Texian

Hall of Fame
Yeah, Khan isn't the greatest owner, but he came up from dirt and takes ownership more seriously than a guy like Cal who was given the keys vs earning the keys
Khan makes a mistake he nips it in the bud. Gets rid of it ASAP. Cal pays his mistakes $10s of millions of dollars for years and years.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Browns signed another black QB in Joshua Dobbs. More evidence pointing one way possibly… the way the OP posted…
Just asking , so when teams have all white qb rooms, what does that mean? When you build a qb room, you want qbs similar in ability. If you have a guy who can move and you have a qb with movement skills, why sign a statue? Keenum alone makes more than Dobbs and Brissett plus he's older.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
That’s a strategy that has worked out really well for the Jags. They will have tons of success with Baalke. You can already see it with how they upended the WR market by over paying the last two WRs they signed.
They should fire Baalke. I'm not going to trip about what they're paying players. Much like Houston, they're going to have to overpay players to go there.

GanadoUHCoog

Waterboy
Just asking , so when teams have all white qb rooms, what does that mean? When you build a qb room, you want qbs similar in ability. If you have a guy who can move and you have a qb with movement skills, why sign a statue? Keenum alone makes more than Dobbs and Brissett plus he's older.
Brisset’s cap hit is a million more than Keenum this year you know that right? Case has proven he can be adequate and win games in a pinch with that team so bringing in someone new to backup only increases the risk to the Brown but you know that right? Yes, Case is a statue, but so is Brisset (10 yd/game rushing) you know that right? You know an all black QB room on a team has happened less than 10X in NFL history right? Your a smart guy though I guess. It’s going to be fun to watch this unfold there as Watson’s almost $55million cap hit comes online in 2023 which is a proven recipe not to win a Super Bowl. My guess? Browns don’t meet Super Bowl expectations in 2022 and Watson gets his way on more “changes” in 2023 as he comes online for his first full year and they will be mostly inline with the OP of this thread. Kevin stefanski better be careful… Should be fun to watch the Browns try to beat storied franchises like the Steelers and Ravens as well as the Bengals who have one of top young QBs still on rookie deal for a couple more years. Baker brought the browns drama but so will Watson and Super Bowl talk.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I cant reply on this topic. I dont want to get banned.

However the Ravens tried this last yr with LJ and Huntley. The results are what they are.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I cant reply on this topic. I dont want to get banned.

However the Ravens tried this last yr with LJ and Huntley. The results are what they are.
Huntley played well even though they had more injuries than anyone. All their rbs and all the secondary were out. LJ missed games also. Yet, Tom Savage stayed on the Texans roster and even started and he couldn't play dead. Look at all those sorry backup qbs who so happened to be white and nobody makes a post, tweet, or anything.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Huntley played well even though they had more injuries than anyone. All their rbs and all the secondary were out. LJ missed games also. Yet, Tom Savage stayed on the Texans roster and even started and he couldn't play dead. Look at all those sorry backup qbs who so happened to be white and nobody makes a post, tweet, or anything.
Nobody knew how bad Savage was until he did start because he had barely, in fact I can’t remember once, seen the field before then. Almost immediately people were talking about how bad he was. Pretty much as soon as Watson was drafted everyone was calling for him to be the starter and Savage to never see the field again.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Like I said I can't talk about this., I will be banned if I do.

Bluehen Texan

Waterboy
It doesn’t mean anything. Similar ability has nothing to do with anything other than similar ability. In a perfect world all of your qb’s would be similar in style. If there’s a back up option who is better than any other and plays a different style than your starter does, sign the best available ability and adapt as needed.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I’m still shocked at hops silence before and after oily’s trade..
He won’t say anything because word is he taught Watson how to do it. And he did it. But, he covers his trail much better. Without him is why Watson got caught. So Hopkins is going to sit and watch with his mouth closed. He isn't wanting to rock the boat or show his hand

Texian

Hall of Fame
I would comment on this, but I don't want to get banned

Time will tell the truth.
Yeah I wouldn't say a word about it. We have forum rules and you don't want to get on the bad side. There are opinions and then there are flat out inappropriate race talks. That again are just opinions. Not worth the effort
Are we allowed to say Rick Smith is smarter than Nick Caserio?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Are we allowed to say Rick Smith is smarter than Nick Caserio?
We aren't allowed to speak of anything to do with Race. Very simply put.

I think you can say RS wasn't good at his job and we will find out if Caserio is good at his over the next 3 drafts. He's got a boatload of picks to work with.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Keenum is more like Watson than either Brissett or Dobbs.

Well, in playing style.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
We aren't allowed to speak of anything to do with Race. Very simply put.

I think you can say RS wasn't good at his job and we will find out if Caserio is good at his over the next 3 drafts. He's got a boatload of picks to work with.
What? This entire post is inferring a race aspect, but we can't talk about race? Its all about race from the jump. The op posted about how The agent and Watson wanted everything black even though the Steelers dude is of Arabic descent. Yet, you say we can't talk about race? This thread should've been locked up from the start based on claims from a racial pretense.. Then look at the rest of the post. Case Keenum is out , see,I told you, Oh look, they brought in another black qb, the world is ending now.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
What? This entire post is inferring a race aspect, but we can't talk about race? Its all about race from the jump. The op posted about how The agent and Watson wanted everything black even though the Steelers dude is of Arabic descent. Yet, you say we can't talk about race? This thread should've been locked up from the start based on claims from a racial pretense.. Then look at the rest of the post. Case Keenum is out , see,I told you, Oh look, they brought in another black qb, the world is ending now.
Omar Khan has a Hispanic mother and an Indian father.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hyperbole much?

Actions as related to Derrick speak for themselves.

BTW, Derrick/Brissett playing style is nothing alike.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Are we now speculating that Watson went to the Browns and within weeks have taken control of the Browns organization to the point he has them hiring an all-black QB room? Easterby would be proud.
Proof is in the pudding.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Cal wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth?
No.

If you look at the timeline of events, Bob McNair did not find success until he started Cogen Technologies in 1984, which he sold in 1999 to Enron.

Before that point, Bob was a struggling salesman and unsuccessful entrepreneur whose businesses all failed.

Cal was born in 1961, and he was in his 20's when his dad finally had a successful company.

Cal became one of the first employees of Cogen Technologies 1987, so even three years after starting the business Bob had a small company.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Quoted for untruths.
This is a lie, Savage played dead all the time.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Quoted for untruths.
This is a lie, Savage played dead all the time.
For the longest time I thought Schaub was the only QB who could sack himself into a fetal position b/c a gust of wind hit him during a defensive rush……that is, until I saw Savage get dragged off the field, concussed, after a glancing blow to his left shoulder pad.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
For the longest time I thought Schaub was the only QB who could sack himself into a fetal position b/c a gust of wind hit him during a defensive rush……that is, until I saw Savage get dragged off the field, concussed, after a glancing blow to his left shoulder pad.
Smdh

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
All I know is that when I was growing up I didn't even know what Racism was. All the whites, blacks and Hispanics all hung out and we had parties together. There was no divide due to color. The media and government are bringing back racism and it is working!
I remember parties like that. I also remember crosses burning. I even remember being shocked when I learned that my brother in law (ATF agent, ex-Dallas PD) was a proud member of the KKK.

Racism is sneaky. It's really easy to not see it at all until someone brings it to your attention. And then it's easy to think that everything was fine until they brought it to your attention.

Dejaview

All Pro
I remember parties like that. I also remember crosses burning. I even remember being shocked when I learned that my brother in law (ATF agent, ex-Dallas PD) was a proud member of the KKK.

Racism is sneaky. It's really easy to not see it at all until someone brings it to your attention. And then it's easy to think that everything was fine until they brought it to your attention.
Like a subway attack.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!

I have cousins and uncles that live near Jasper TX. That's where my family is from, my mom on the other hand didn't raise me to hate. Never hated anyone because of their color. Never thought I or my kids would be hated for ours..

Texansballer74

The Marine
I have cousins and uncles that live near Jasper TX. That's where my family is from, my mom on the other hand didn't raise me to hate. Never hated anyone because of their color. Never thought I or my kids would be hated for ours..
Good deal but so many wasn’t raised like you. In this oilfield ( in which has gotten better) I’ve experienced racism a lot back in 2011. In 2018 i worked side by side with a dude that was KKK. Actually he said he was the head of the KKK in his region.

Texazan

Our HOF 34

I grew up in Alief in the 70s (lived on Heralds Square) and we all got along. Looking back all of us kids, mothers and fathers had no issues with each other. I mean you had the occasional kids fighting but we all worked it out. Just a bunch of hard working people trying to climb up. I only wish what I saw growing up was how the world really was.……

Status
Not open for further replies.