Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Thoughts on the press conference?

Maverick

Failure is not an option
I wasn’t impressed. Seemed very bland. Cal’s opening statements was like watching paint dry. Very few questions from media, and a question from a season ticket holder? Seemed like an Easterby production. Quick Q and A before it gets controversial.

I continue to be impressed with Caserio. I’ll be giddy when Easterby is finally gone.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Probably knows he is a scapegoat.

He turns it around, the Texans org looks brilliant.

He doesnt, this mess will be on him (the org hopes) rather than admit their incompetence of giving OB power over all, while proving capable at none.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The press conference seemed to confirm in my mind that they're about to trade DW, clean house on the roster and tank for two years
pretty much the problem is do the texans know how to tank i have a feeling we are gonna beat a team or 2 this year

i know we know how to suck but to tank thats a little more tricky LOL

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Some thinks Caserio wasn’t on board with this hire. His first time being a GM and he hires a 65 year old with no real experience. So inquiring minds think it was a Easterby hire. Lol
I think we need to stop pin-pointing decisions on one person. "He was a Rick pick" "The trade was Easterby's idea" We need to hold everyone accountable for all decisions. We can't let guys sit on the sidelines and let others make bad decisions. If Caserio wasn't on board with Culley, he still let it happen.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
My thoughts on the press conference? The Muppets don’t have characters that look that real. Hope they don’t fire the person in charge of that.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
lol we build a smart football team but have a kindergarten system

hopefully these smart players can learn this system !!!!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Some thinks Caserio wasn’t on board with this hire. His first time being a GM and he hires a 65 year old with no real experience. So inquiring minds think it was a Easterby hire. Lol
I wanted to give Caserio and Culley the benefit of the doubt, but they have succumbed to the brainwashing and are now full fledged members of the Heaven's Gate Cult on Kirby.

Press conference just sounded like more correct-speak, or as they say in Texas, all hat and no cattle.

My impression is that they know they are going to trade Watson. I've got mixed feelings on that dude right now. Signed a contract just a few months ago and talked like he was ALL IN. Now he's acting like my ex-wife. That's not a good look to me. If he continues to pout and forces the trade, then I just move on as a grumpy Houston fan and hope he enjoys his new & improved crappy team. AFC East will eat his lunch.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
By the stories told, it looks like Caserio has a twenty-year relationship with Culley, so I am more inclined to believe that this is closer to a group of similar-minded (faith really) joining together than some Easterby contrived master plan. In fact, more inclined to believe that Caserio pushed for Culley over Easterby.

Still like most things Texans, this the result of groupthink over a single person's vision.

Maverick

Failure is not an option
Mcclain angrily said the hiring had nothing to do with religion. He went so far as to say he didn’t even think Easterby had a hand in it. Take it for what it’s worth. And i despise Easterby, who i see as david koresh

By the stories told, it looks like Caserio has a twenty-year relationship with Culley, so I am more inclined to believe that this is closer to a group of similar-minded (faith really) joining together than some Easterby contrived master plan. In fact, more inclined to believe that Caserio pushed for Culley over Easterby.

Still like most things Texans, this the result of groupthink over a single person's vision.

Last edited:

whodknee

Working Class Hero
Mcclain angrily said the hurt had nothing to do with religion. He went so far as to say he didn’t even think Easterby had a hand in it. Take it for what it’s worth. And i despise Easterby, who i see as david koresh
In case you missed it earlier. The biggest problem with Jack has been he was texting to the Mothers of at least 2 players about his concern about the way they were conducting themselves.... friends etc... It Pissed Hopkins off for sure

Maverick

Failure is not an option
I saw it. I'm baffled both Cal and Caserio are ok with this type of behavior. Indefensible if you ask me, and I'm sure that's why Deshaun is beyond pissed. Because the Cleanser aka David Koresh, still roams the halls at NRG.

In case you missed it earlier. The biggest problem with Jack has been he was texting to the Mothers of at least 2 players about his concern about the way they were conducting themselves.... friends etc... It Pissed Hopkins off for sure

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I continue to be impressed with Caserio.
Less now for me. Calling Watson "the player"? That's how you bring everyone together?
Some thinks Caserio wasn’t on board with this hire.
He seemed to be cheer leading.
a coach that can teach HOW to coach i like it
Seemed like a cheerleader that can run a pep rally. Expected the faux press conference to end with an Up With People performance.
In fact, more inclined to believe that Caserio pushed for Culley over Easterby.
Easterby wanted Josh McCown, so I guess that's a mini win.
Mcclain angrily said the hiring had nothing to do with religion. He went so far as to say he didn’t even think Easterby had a hand in it. Take it for what it’s worth. And i despise Easterby, who i see as david koresh
Is McClain just chronically (no pun intended) wrong? Or playing stooge for the local team? I can't tell anymore. Maybe I never could tell.

I had low expectations for this bogus presser. And it still fell short. Cal (you can call me Kyle) showed what a coward he is by hiding in a back conference room. Certain that Rasputin was there, holding his hand. Where is Charley Casserly and Dom Capers when you need them?

Last edited:

Maverick

Failure is not an option
You know brother Jack was there smiling, giving Cal the thumbs up.

Less now for me. Calling Watson "the player"? That'd how you bring everyone together?

He seemed to be cheer leading.

Seemed like a cheerleader that can run a pep rally. Expected the faux press conference to end with an Up With People performance.

Easterby wanted Josh McCown, so I guess that's a mini win.

Is McClain just chronically (no pun intended) wrong? Or playing stooge for the local team? I can't tell anymore. Maybe I never could tell.

I had low expectations for this bogus presser. And it still fell short. Cal (you can call me Kyle) showed what a coward he is by hiding in a back conference room. Certain that Rasputin was there, holding his hand. Where is Charley Casserly and Dom Capers when you need them?

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

I understand the story your referencing is purely speculation but consider how you or anyone else here would react in that scenario...

Your boss randomly texts your mother about your character...

I would flip my lid and go elsewhere to. If that actually happened cal and Easterby are trailblazing new versions of stupid.

powda

One noticeable thing. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Culley never mentioned Easterby. He mentioned meeting the McNairs, going to their home, talking to Caserio, but never included Easterby in the discussions he had. Take it for what it's worth.

100% international the heaven's gate cult leader (aka "nfl koresh" aka Rasputin) wasn't mentioned.

TexansFight

Veteran
The coach’s press conference was an absolute joke. Texans didn’t allow very many questions. Not a single follow up. There was a softball about him being recruited as a player in the 70s, a question from the season ticket holder, etc. This team is a joke and an embarrassment to Houston. I’d rather not have an NFL team than this crap. Oh, David Culley sounded like a Lakewood, evangelical fraud like the lot of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Campbell. Culley. Sirianni. This has to be the worst NFL coaching hire cycle in recent memory. And Eric Bieniemy doesn't interview well? LOL!
Well, he decided to snack on some deluxe nuts during his first Zoom meeting.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
In case anyone (like me) didn't know what Servant Leadership meant.

Servant leadership is a leadership philosophy in which an individual interacts with others—either in a management or fellow employee capacity—with the aim of achieving authority rather than power. The system embodies a decentralized organizational structure.

The authority figure intends to promote the well-being of those around him or her. Servant leadership involves the individual demonstrating the characteristics of empathy, listening, stewardship, and commitment to personal growth toward others.
Did the Texans hire a football coach or a life coach? "Sure, we lost 51-7. But, we were the best persons we could be on this Sunday."

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This team is a joke and an embarrassment to Houston.
I think this is the crux of the matter. This situation is reflective of Houston, not an embarrassment, but a true representation.

From the Rockets to the Astros, this is Houston.

powda

I think this is the crux of the matter. This situation is reflective of Houston, not an embarrassment, but a true representation.
It's a representation of our luck maybe but not me. Cal and NFL Koresh can be stupid on their own. I am a football orphan until something changes. I've had more then 1 cowboy fan ask me my thoughts on the Texans this week. I shocked them by explaining I no longer gave a damn.

Sincerely,
The FUCS Club

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
If I am not mistaken all the parties involved are open "men of faith" and knew of each other. The specific interview and interactions did not have to address religion in any way since that box had already checked.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
After the press conference, I still don't know Culley's offensive and defensive philosophies. Is he a 3-4 or 4-3 guy? What is his preferences and why. Is it he going to incorporate some of the things he saw under Reid and Roman into the offense?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
You KNOW it happened. Seems so Jack. Power thirsty, but comically insecure. That's been shown in every Easterby story.

I'm all but positive it did. It all fits together too neatly in hindsight.

We've all heard the rumor that Watson's mother made the call to Janice and Janice ultimatum to OB .... but now we know what prompted that call in the first place - Easterby.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Was Caserio in on the hiring of Culley? If not, what does he really think of him?
Culley said that he was in a room with Caserio and Caserio got on the phone with Cal McNair. He spoke something then handed phone to Culley. Cal offered job and David accepted. Seems to me Caserio made the choice and McNair signed off on it. E was not even in the room.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I missed it and cannot find on a search that Easterby had texted anyone's mother about their sons. Please guide me to that.

badboy

Hall of Fame
One noticeable thing. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Culley never mentioned Easterby. He mentioned meeting the McNairs, going to their home, talking to Caserio, but never included Easterby in the discussions he had. Take it for what it's worth.
Is it even slightly possible that he did not mention easterby because easterby was not involved in the hiring of Culley?