Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

This loss is on the... (fans?)

That's bull. To many Cowboy fans... Houston won't support a team, until they are winning. That's bandwagon. If you're going to support your team, you should support your team. The fans who were at the game.. they are the best. Those guys that come out & tailgate & party, win or lose, those are the best. Those guys that travel from Austin every home game, those are the best.

The guy who is waiting for Houston to win a Super Bowl before they come to the game... c'mon... The season ticket holder who would rather sell his tickets on eBay, or to his Cowboy friend at work.... c'mon.

If this ain't you JB, butt out. I'm sure there are millions of people around Houston that have legit reasons for not making the games, & I don't have a problem with that.

But how much better are we, than the Jags if we have tens of thousands of Cowboy fans in PSL seats?

Really? You telling me to butt out when you say my city sucks? Again, you can kiss my ass! I was at the game. Were you? Most of the cowgurl fans there are Texans fans all except for once every 4 years.

Again, the fans did not lose this game.

This is a stupid thread. A good 20% of the stadium's seats are owned by ticket scalpers - both individuals and companies. It's what happens when you put an expansion team in a major market and build a new stadium. A lot of people and companies bought tickets or extra tickets as an INVESTMENT. At a game like the cowboys, they start cashing in. Tickets were going for $1500 and up EACH. It's not the fans' fault the stadium had a large number of cowboys fans; it's just the nature of the business in the 21st century. People make investments; people expect reward. I'm not condoning it and I certainly don't like it, but like mosquitoes, humidity and traffic in Houston, we have to deal with it.

I'm more irritated by the fact that the team owns so many seats in the Bull Pen. THAT section was supposed to be by the fans, for the fans and full of fans, yet they own 10-20% of those seats and give them away to fair weather fans who show up late and leave early. Blasphemy.

The fans need to shut the &^%$ up when the team is on offense. I don't understand why this is so damn difficult to comprehend. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that a large percentage of the people who attend the game are morons.

The fans need to shut the &^%$ up when the team is on offense. I don't understand why this is so damn difficult to comprehend. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that a large percentage of the people who attend the game are morons.

It sounded as if the Cowboy fans were getting loud when we were on offense... then the Texans fans tried to out-loud them.

Really? You telling me to butt out when you say my city sucks? Again, you can kiss my ass! I was at the game. Were you? Most of the cowgurl fans there are Texans fans all except for once every 4 years.

Tell me to kiss your ass?? well you can suc....

Are we really going to do this on the internet??

& of course I was at the game. Again, if you were at the game, I'm not talking to or about you. It would be nice if most Houstonians were like you, but it's pretty clear, that they are not.

Do you know who the Red Rowdies are? The group the Jeff Van Gundy started? With his own money? Why & where has a coach had to do something like that other than Houston?

The Packers have 3 Superbowls
The Broncos have 2 Superbowls
The Steelers have 6 Superbowls
The Saints have 1 Superbowl
The Cowboys have 5 Superbowls
The Colts have 1 Superbowl
The Buccaneers have 1 Superbowl
The Ravens have 1 Superbowl

My point is... You can't blame the fans for leaving, especially
when this team has a history (VERY RECENT ONE at that) of
punching its own fans in the gut by coming out flat during "BIG"
home games. The Colts game is an anomaly until they start proving
otherwise to a large portion of this fanbase.

SOme of our fans are stupid geeting loud when the O is in the red zone there just want to win so bad so they say like COME on schaub !!!! thats passion IMO but whatever

i was there at the end and never gave up hope till the clock reaced :44 :P

when we scored the TD and got the onside kick i was like Hell yes comeback but it was not to be i paid for my ticket had nothing to really do on sunday so i was dang sure going to be there at my seat and just enjoy watching football .....

We are still a youung franchsie dallas has been around for like 80 years or something....LOL dont worry Texans fans things will get better

Tell me to kiss your ass?? well you can suc....

Are we really going to do this on the internet??

& of course I was at the game. Again, if you were at the game, I'm not talking to or about you. It would be nice if most Houstonians were like you, but it's pretty clear, that they are not.

Do you know who the Red Rowdies are? The group the Jeff Van Gundy started? With his own money? Why & where has a coach had to do something like that other than Houston?

So are you talking about me then? After all, I did dismiss your post all the while snubbing my nose at your generalization of us millions.

So, which team were you rooting for? I'm really not sure.

There is a huge problem with the fans at Reliant Stadium if the noise is louder when the offense is on the field. That's pretty messed up.

If your a Cowboy fan, FINE, pull for them, but, give up those PSLs to a diehard TEXAN fan. Truthfully, I don't give a crap about your "fandom" to the Texans.

I'm sure all those fans are heart-broken that you don't approve. They'll probably sell their seats in shame.

Give me a break.

I agree that the final outcome ultimately falls on the players, but being at the game yesterday, I thought it was completely unacceptable that when our offense was in 3rd down situations the stadium was just as loud as our defensive situations. It was ridiculous

I'm sure all those fans are heart-broken that you don't approve. They'll probably sell their seats in shame.

Give me a break.

I don't approve, and I really don't care what they think!! It gets OLD sitting around "TEXAN" fans UNTIL we play the Cowboys, Colts, Jags, Saints, TITANS, ETC!!! I see this nearly every freaking Sunday, depending on who we play! IF your a Texan fan then BE ONE!! I'm a passionate Niner fan, and have been one since I was 15 yrs old!! BUT, when we play them I want us to beat the hell out of them. SO this EXCUSE of I like the Texans, BUT, I've been a Cowboy fan all my life, just does not set well with me. That's JMO!!!

They should be ashamed!!! Is there no such thing as loyalty? What's wrong with saying I'M a TEXAN fan now, I still like the Cowboys, Colts, Titans, etc, but, THIS is my team now, THIS is OUR HOUSE, and I'll give them 100% of my fandom when we are at home??? Would I go buy PSLs at the Niner stadium and then go there and yell for the Texans? Not on your life!

I'll admit I'm very old fashioned, and this younger generation way of thinking confuses me. I'm just saying if WE ARE AT HOME and you call yourself a TEXAN fan, then be one in your own house. JMO!!

I don't approve, and I really don't care what they think!! It gets OLD sitting around "TEXAN" fans UNTIL we play the Cowboys, Colts, Jags, Saints, TITANS, ETC!!! I see this nearly every freaking Sunday, depending on who we play! IF your a Texan fan then BE ONE!! I'm a passionate Niner fan, and have been one since I was 15 yrs old!! BUT, when we play them I want us to beat the hell out of them. SO this EXCUSE of I like the Texans, BUT, I've been a Cowboy fan all my life, just does not set well with me. That's JMO!!!

They should be ashamed!!! Is there no such thing as loyalty? What's wrong with saying I'M a TEXAN fan now, I still like the Cowboys, Colts, Titans, etc, but, THIS is my team now, THIS is OUR HOUSE, and I'll give them 100% of my fandom when we are at home??? Would I go buy PSLs at the Niner stadium and then go there and yell for the Texans? Not on your life!

I'll admit I'm very old fashioned, and this younger generation way of thinking confuses me. I'm just saying if WE ARE AT HOME and you call yourself a TEXAN fan, then be one in your own house. JMO!!

So if you went to a Texans/Frisco game up there you would cheer for the Niners?

So are you talking about me then? After all, I did dismiss your post all the while snubbing my nose at your generalization of us millions.

No, read all my posts on this thread. If you're on this board, I'm not talking about you. If you're pulling & rooting for the Texans, I'm not talking about you.

I'm talking about the Houstonians who are waiting for the Texans to do something before they'll be "fans"

Surely you've heard them, "When they start winning, I'll go to the games" or "I'll root for them" or whatever.

I agree that it was the fans fault. That would take the blame off of us.

Signed,

The Texans defense and offensive line

So if you went to a Texans/Frisco game up there you would cheer for the Niners?

I would NOT be a PSL owner, therefore I would pull for the Texans. IF I was a PSL owner, I would pull for the Niners. That would never happen to me, and I say "me" because this is JMO, I know others disagree, and that's fine. I would not own seats in someone elses house and pull for the opposing team. NOW, if I lived in SF and bought PSLs for the Niners, I would support them 100%, even if they played the Texans, and I remained a passionate Texan fan. I would respect their house, and their fans. I'm old fashioned, that's just me.

I agree that it was the fans fault. That would take the blame off of us.

Signed,

The Texans defense and offensive line

The way I see it, if the fans want to be the 12th man, the home-field advantage... If we tell the Cowboys (& their fans, "We are going to kick your ass!" Then we're part of the team. We don't expect those guys to quit for 4 Qtrs, then we shouldn't quit on them, for 60 minutes.

If Peyton Manning has to use a timeout, loses the play-clock, or if their players commit false starts, or are confused about the changed play... if we're going to say all that happened because of the fans making noise... then we need to take some blame for only one false start (when our team had 2)...

I'm not saying it's all on the fans... this team didn't do a good job of winning new fans yesterday..... they may have even lost a few.

The team played uninspired and so the fans weren't inspired to really scream. Bottom line.

Still, there should be no reason why I could hear Dallas fans cheering Let's Go Cowboys!!!

cop out...we lost b/c we got our asses kicked..a good ol' fashion curb stomping. I know cowboys fans lurk on these boards, so if you're reading this. F. U.!

The team played uninspired and so the fans weren't inspired to really scream. Bottom line.

Still, there should be no reason why I could hear Dallas fans cheering Let's Go Cowboys!!!

That's because most of the BULLPEN was occupied by Cowboy fans!!! Do you know what? I saw fans with TEXAN jerseys on screaming LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!! Yes, I did!! It made me sick! I've been posting my feelings about this in other threads, so I'll just leave it alone here. Until we support our team 100% we will remain the flakiest fans in the NFL. We'll NEVER be like GB or even the Raiders!! Hell, as much as we rag on Raider fans for being intimidating, I wish to hell and back that we were more like them!!

That's because most of the BULLPEN was occupied by Cowboy fans!!! Do you know what? I saw fans with TEXAN jerseys on screaming LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!! Yes, I did!! It made me sick! I've been posting my feelings about this in other threads, so I'll just leave it alone here. Until we support our team 100% we will remain the flakiest fans in the NFL. We'll NEVER be like GB or even the Raiders!! Hell, as much as we rag on Raider fans for being intimidating, I wish to hell and back that we were more like them!!

I saw this on the broadcast...After Bueler hit the FG right before half-time there was a guy down on 1 of the viewing areas with a #80 AJ jersey on jumping up & down going nuts cheering...I didn't get it & still don't honestly.

Texan Bill called me un-American when I suggested that more people came to the MLS All-Star Game to see Man-U than the American players because of the popularity of Manchester.

The same is for the Cowboys. They are the most popular football team in the world, of course they will get a ton of fans. Its not really humiliating to say that (thousands of VY fans taking over Reliant is though).

I am a Cowboys and Texans fan, so the game was good for me either way. Most people my age in Houston grew up on the Cowboys. Sorry, but Earl retired before we understood football, and no one gave a **** about the Oilers after that.

Its simple math, there are more Cowboys fans in Texas and surrounding states than there are Texans fans

Until we support our team 100% we will remain the flakiest fans in the NFL. We'll NEVER be like GB or even the Raiders!! Hell, as much as we rag on Raider fans for being intimidating, I wish to hell and back that we were more like them!!

Our team is going to have to win in spite of it's fans. As if bad coaching & sub-par players weren't enough.

Texan Bill called me un-American when I suggested that more people came to the MLS All-Star Game to see Man-U than the American players because of the popularity of Manchester.

:rolleyes:
I called you Anti-American for a lot more reasons than that. Should I bring up some of your posts and posting history?

There is another forum for that.

I am a Cowboys and Texans fan, so the game was good for me either way. Most people my age in Houston grew up on the Cowboys. Sorry, but Earl retired before we understood football, and no one gave a **** about the Oilers after that.

I didn't start watching football until that coach from Port Arthur, Texas (my home town) won the Super Bowl with the Cowboys. I was a fan of that team, until Michael Irvin, and others got out of hand. Then Jerrah ditching Jimmy & hiring a string of yes men made me a Saints fan. I was (am) a huge Ricky Williams' fan. I pulled for the Saints from then until Joe Horn was let go.

The Oilers were irrelevant to me. To me, they were known as perrenial losers. I know that wasn't always the case. But rooting for the Oilers, which I did, simply because they were from Texas, has always been like rooting for A&M. Irrelevant, for a good part of my adulthood.

I was pleased when the Oilers took their history & name, & everything else with them, & the Texans decided to make a clean break. I was wishy washy about Houston when they named Capers as their HC. It made sense to me, if he had learned from his mistakes in Carolina...

I jumped in with both feet when they hired Kubiak, bought my season tickets in '06. I liked Denver's offense & loved the idea of bringing that to Houston. I liked that Kubiak was from Houston, and thought Mcnair was trying to give this team real Houston roots.

I don't care so much, that we lost the game (I didn't think we would go undefeated, & this game has little post season implications). It's the way we lost the game.

Our offense is supposed to be among the best in the league, and we couldn't score more than 6 points when it mattered.

I didn't start watching football until that coach from Port Arthur, Texas (my home town) won the Super Bowl with the Cowboys. I was a fan of that team, until Michael Irvin, and others got out of hand. Then Jerrah ditching Jimmy & hiring a string of yes men made me a Saints fan. I was (am) a huge Ricky Williams' fan. I pulled for the Saints from then until Joe Horn was let go.

The Oilers were irrelevant to me. To me, they were known as perrenial losers. I know that wasn't always the case. But rooting for the Oilers, which I did, simply because they were from Texas, has always been like rooting for A&M. Irrelevant, for a good part of my adulthood.

I was pleased when the Oilers took their history & name, & everything else with them, & the Texans decided to make a clean break. I was wishy washy about Houston when they named Capers as their HC. It made sense to me, if he had learned from his mistakes in Carolina...

I jumped in with both feet when they hired Kubiak, bought my season tickets in '06. I liked Denver's offense & loved the idea of bringing that to Houston. I liked that Kubiak was from Houston, and thought Mcnair was trying to give this team real Houston roots.

I don't care so much, that we lost the game (I didn't think we would go undefeated, & this game has little post season implications). It's the way we lost the game.

Our offense is supposed to be among the best in the league, and we couldn't score more than 6 points when it mattered.

So basically, you've been a fair weather fan. Come on T-skyss, i thought you were better than that man!

Repped

Look at the CheeseHeads. Try getting a Packer fan to sell his tickets to a Bears fan or Vikings fan. Good luck with that.

I guess maybe there are too many transplants in Houston - and the Texans are too young as a franchise - for them to have developed a true, diehard fanbase.

I've got much respect for Packer Nation. They have something special up there, something ingrained into their DNA, something in their core that they pass from generation to generation. It is much to be admired.

The Texans have a long, long way to go before they can even be mentioned in the same breath, though. First, they have to win some games, a LOT of games. Then they have to actually win something tangible, starting with a division title, then a conference championship, and onward and upward to the Super Bowl trophy. That is how rabid fan bases are made, not by slick marketing campaigns.

I'd love to see it happen here, but we've got a few decades to go before we can even begin to compare to a legendary place like Green Bay.

So basically, you've been a fair weather fan. Come on T-skyss, i thought you were better than that man!

Fair weather? I didn't have any interest in football until the Cowboys won the Super Bowl. I followed players & coaches when I couldn't stand Dallas any more.

Ricky Williams went to Miami & I couldn't see becoming a Miami fan. The Texans hired Kubiak, and now I'm a Texans fan....

Am I here to stay? That is the question, and one in which I agree there may be some doubt.

But I bought my PSL & season tickets 4 years ago, I've gotten to know this team, it's fans, it's owner, & it's coaches, & this feels like home.

But look up Port Arthur on the map, I've got just as much reason to be a Cowboy fan or a Saints fan as I do a Houston fan (if we're going by geographic location).

& I stopped following the Saints the year they let go of Joe Horn, the year after they went to the NFC championship... so it's not like I jumped on the wagon when they started winning. I jumped off when they did.

I hate to admit it, but the fans own some of this terrible loss. This game was embarasing. I'm a dislocated Texan living in Georgia. I have to go into a hostile stadium each year to root for my home team. Why the hell would so many Texans season ticket holders sell their tickets to cowgirl fans? I'm disgusted! Every camera angle shows nothing but cowgirl fans throughout the stadium. Looks like we are just the expansion franchise we are made out to be in the media. I'm ashamed! I guess I will just put on my Romo jersey (just lost a bet) and smile as we're are referred to as joke again. The limelight was nice for a week.

You could place the blame where it belongs.

This was a grand opportunity for the Texans team to shut up all those dullas fans and they didn't. Instead they laid a egg and fed the obnoxious dullas's fans feeding frenzy.

I attended the game and was amazed at the Texans fans love for their team.

The parking lot was a sight to behold. It looks like thousands of man hours were spent setting up tailgates, large pits fired up and cooking and fan's getting their game faces on.

These same fans then went into the stadium and cheered the team on during every second of the game.

Early on the dullas fans just sat there on their hands not saying a word.

The Texans fans aren't the ones who gave dullas fans something to cheer about. Our horned helmeted players did that.

dullas fans were quiet until things shifted into their favor and then they just got mouthier and mouthier as the game wore on. The fans are the ones who had to listen to it, not the players who caused it, so place the blame where it lies.

There could have been 50,000 dullas fans there and if the Texans had tended to business they would have been silent, so don't blame the fans.

I gained a new respect for Texan fans today seeing all that they put into the game day experience and then sitting in a hot parking lot for over an hour packing up and fighting the traffic to get home.

I could not do it week after week, year after year for no more return on investment than what they receive.

But that's just me. A fair weather fan, who's waiting for the good weather.

I took the good hearted ribbing in stride, but the drunk trash talking in front of women and children was completely assinine and thoughtless.

I hope our fans do not behave this way at others stadiums, but some probably do.

A young couple from dullas walked by me and the girl remarked to me "how about them cowboys" which was apporpiate enough. I just remarked back that it must be a relief that she could "finally celebrate their first win". No harm, no foul, no insults.

:coffee:

I'm not saying it's all on the fans... this team didn't do a good job of winning new fans yesterday..... they may have even lost a few.

First off, if we lost a few fans just because we lost to a stacked Cowboys team when we're still 2-1 with a win over the COlts and a great come from behind victory on the Redskins, then good. The hell with those fans that jump ship over one loss. They aren't real fans any way. Good riddance.

And I don't understand this excessive whining from you and a few others in this thread about the fans. DO you have any idea at all at how much money a lot of fans spent to attend this Texans and Cowboys game with the way that the prices jumped up? DO you have any idea how much extra money people had to pay for parking passes in the Blue Lot just for this one game where everyone got gouged and still paid their hard earned money and rooted for this team? This blaming stuff on the fans in this thread is just weak.

And I'm with JB, quit your complaining about Houston as a sports town. We've got tons of dedicated fans, but there is and always will be a lot of Cowboys fans all in this city and all over this state. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. It's nothing new. I see people wearing Cowboys gear every day. Of course there was going to be a lot of Cowboys fans out there yesterday. Their city is just a few hours away. I could care less though. I root for the Texans from at the game or from my couch. And no one is a better fan for going to a game. That's ridiculous.

We lost a game and we're 2-1. We've played 3 good teams. You can't expect to win every single week.

I hope our fans do not behave this way at others stadiums, but some probably do.

:coffee:

I can speak for a fairly large sized group that made the trip over to New Orleans this preseason. We were well behaved and well recieved by Saints fans. Was there some ribbing going on?? Absolutely but it was fun natured and NOT mean spirited.

Aside from my earlier comment about the home fans and loud noise during offensive possessions, I figured I'd mention how I used to deal with the opposing fans I sat next to. My seats were next to a broker-owned pair of seats and the people who sat there were always for the opposing team, save twice. So I always made sure to smile, welcome them in, and thank them for financially supporting the Texans. I would then advise them to buy extra beer and nachos.

The looks I got were priceless.

Fair weather? I didn't have any interest in football until the Cowboys won the Super Bowl. I followed players & coaches when I couldn't stand Dallas any more.

Ricky Williams went to Miami & I couldn't see becoming a Miami fan. The Texans hired Kubiak, and now I'm a Texans fan....

Am I here to stay? That is the question, and one in which I agree there may be some doubt.

But I bought my PSL & season tickets 4 years ago, I've gotten to know this team, it's fans, it's owner, & it's coaches, & this feels like home.

But look up Port Arthur on the map, I've got just as much reason to be a Cowboy fan or a Saints fan as I do a Houston fan (if we're going by geographic location).

& I stopped following the Saints the year they let go of Joe Horn, the year after they went to the NFC championship... so it's not like I jumped on the wagon when they started winning. I jumped off when they did.

This is as fair weather as it gets, and you don't even seem to realize it. By your own admission in this post, you jump from one team to another for different reasons and make them your favorite team. You said that you started rooting for the Cowboys when Johnson started winning SB's and then jumped ship to the Saints and quit on them all because Joe Horn wasn't there anymore, and then came over here because Kubes got hired over here. Hell, since you're in the middle you seem to have the attitude where you'll root for any team that suits what you want to see at the time. How long are you going to root for the Texans? If SA got a team would they become your guys next?

SheTexan, I agree with your points pretty much down the line, but I am also a NY Giants fan, have been since I was a little kid.. Having moved to Houston after getting out of the service back in '92, I still rooted for NY even though the Oilers were still here. Never much took up with them, so I don't know much about them or the hatred at Adams.. I just nod my head and say I can see your point.
Now as for NY, well as we know they will be here in 2 weeks and I will be wearing my NY jersey. Now I hear about it from the guys around me in our section, I get it and respect it, and I still get a little grief about it when I am wearing Texans gear every other week. But 1x every 4 years I will pull out the NY gear and wear it. Does it make me less of a Texans fan? I can root for both, and I will be happy either way AND a little disappointed as well.. Do I want Houston to win, of course I do, do I want NY to win, again, or course. I just take it as having 2 kids playing on opposite teams playing each other. I will have NY jersey on and a Texans hat on...
Yeah, not supposed to be on the fence, commit to one or the other, but 35 years as a true blue fan of NY and 8 years of a fan of the home team, I am sorry, to me it's a push..But know this, I was disgusted with the amount of fans who sold out to make money off the Cowboys game. I know it is their tickets and they have that right to do so, but I never would have thought there would have been that many who did.
At least I will be there and not sell mine to a NY fan, I could not do that.. I will take my lumps by the others in my area, and I expect that, but I would rather it be me than someone else.

And I don't understand this excessive whining from you and a few others in this thread about the fans. DO you have any idea at all at how much money a lot of fans spent to attend this Texans and Cowboys game with the way that the prices jumped up? DO you have any idea how much extra money people had to pay for parking passes in the Blue Lot just for this one game where everyone got gouged and still paid their hard earned money and rooted for this team? This blaming stuff on the fans in this thread is just weak.
You've got me confused with someone else. I thought I made it very clear I don't have a problem with the fans. I have no problem with the people who support their team.
And I'm with JB, quit your complaining about Houston as a sports town. We've got tons of dedicated fans, but there is and always will be a lot of Cowboys fans all in this city and all over this state.
I'll just agree to disagree. I think history speaks for itself. Oilers, Astros, Dynamo, Rockets, Dynamo...

We lost a game and we're 2-1. We've played 3 good teams. You can't expect to win every single week.

Again, It's not that we lost the game, it's how we lost. Only 6 points when it mattered.

As a person who goes to Texans games on the road (only because I have to) I understand that oposing fans are part of the game, but the damn bullpen was full of cowgirl fans. Look, it didn't cost us the game, but it was just as humiliating as the loss.

Nothing like get heckled in the Bullpen and walking around in your home stadium and you simply have to keep your mouth shut because they out number you.

FACT - Dallas fans in Houston are loud mouthed A-H0les and I am sad at the number of folks who sold their tickets for a buck, including people from my tailgate.

Nothing like get heckled in the Bullpen and walking around in your home stadium and you simply have to keep your mouth shut because they out number you.
FACT - Dallas fans in Houston are loud mouthed A-H0les and I am sad at the number of folks who sold their tickets for a buck, including people from my tailgate.

Indeed.. Nailed it !! Up in Gridiron it was the same way.. Very sad when you have to walk in your own stadium as if you are an outcast.. I hated hearing the crap being yelled and the laughter..it was awful !

This is as fair weather as it gets, and you don't even seem to realize it.
You think?
By your own admission in this post, you jump from one team to another for different reasons and make them your favorite team. You said that you started rooting for the Cowboys when Johnson started winning SB's and then jumped ship to the Saints and quit on them all because Joe Horn wasn't there anymore, and then came over here because Kubes got hired over here. Hell, since you're in the middle you seem to have the attitude where you'll root for any team that suits what you want to see at the time. How long are you going to root for the Texans? If SA got a team would they become your guys next?

I admit I have been more a fan of the game, players & coaches than teams... I don't have the luxury of living in a city with a pro team. It took me a little while to find what it was that I wanted to root for. Good character, & good football. As long as the Texans keep delievering that, I'll be here.

You've got me confused with someone else. I thought I made it very clear I don't have a problem with the fans. I have no problem with the people who support their team.

I'll just agree to disagree. I think history speaks for itself. Oilers, Astros, Dynamo, Rockets, Dynamo...

Again, It's not that we lost the game, it's how we lost. Only 6 points when it mattered.
Then why do I feel lumped into the 'millions' you were talking about? Simply because I visit this board? So does OrangeLotPole8. I have been blasted for selling my tickets to a dirty cowpie fan on more than one occasion this week. Even via text messaging. It's like... what the hell? Is that even what happened let alone whether or not if I even deserved that? Even Texans fans were being dishonest with me (you know who you are) trying to get these tickets off my hands. Thanks for the benefit of doubt folks!! Friggin' morons.

You can rationalize all you want but you're as fair weathered as they come. This thread blows and right now you blow very much!

:texan:

Indeed.. Nailed it !! Up in Gridiron it was the same way.. Very sad when you have to walk in your own stadium as if you are an outcast.. I hated hearing the crap being yelled and the laughter..it was awful !

My wife kept me quiet by reminding me it's like responding to a bully, they WANT the attention.

Though their heckling was pretty weak:

"hey, the Vikings are up North"

(after stopping and taking a photo with a stranger) "what, are you signing autographs next?" (internal response - why yes, I have cards and when I am priveleged to go places as a fan and sign things for kids bringing a smile to their face, it's pretty frickin' awesome!)

(and of course)"FIVE RINGS!"

I don't know what map you are looking at but last time I checked PA is about an hour and a half from Houston, 4 and a half hours to NO, and 5 and a half hours from Dallas.

Come on man!:foottap:

Then why do I feel lumped into the 'millions' you were talking about?

If you're feeling guilty about something, own it.

There are several people in this thread, that are attacking the fans who sold their tickets & what not.... you're just lumping me with them.

maybe I am fairweather, whatever.

Sept 26th, I was in Reliant supporting the Texans.

If you're feeling guilty about something, own it.

There are several people in this thread, that are attacking the fans who sold their tickets & what not.... you're just lumping me with them.

maybe I am fairweather, whatever.

Sept 26th, I was in Reliant supporting the Texans.
*sigh*

I have to say as my first and probably only Texans game at Reliant I was pretty underwhelmed by the support the Texans got.

I was up in the top level on the Cowboys side of the field and I would say about 40% of the seats up there were Cowboys fans and they were far more passionate than the Texans fans up there.

With all the hype before the game about how the fans were going to set new records for the nosiest stadium, I was hugely disappointed. I've been in crowds, outside, of about a third of the number of people who have been louder than the crowd on Sunday.

While I don't really buy the fact fan support has much impact on the result of the games, I'm a little sad at the passion on display.

It don't mean nothin'!!! Some people had no choice, and some are too ignorant to recognize that.

AGain, you two pick on me, but I've said,
I'm sure there are millions of people around Houston that have legit reasons for not making the games, & I don't have a problem with that.

So if we're safely throwing blind insults out there, some people are not just ignorant, but they have a problem reading as well.

Back