Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Who Should I Start Thread

Doug Martin has outscored CJ Spiller by 10+ points in both of my leagues this year, and he has played 1 less game, AND he isn't dealing with an ankle injury. Martin is clearly the better player for the rest of the season.

Doug Martin has outscored CJ Spiller by 10+ points in both of my leagues this year, and he has played 1 less game, AND he isn't dealing with an ankle injury. Martin is clearly the better player for the rest of the season.

I agree that Martin is the better back to have and I was off the Spiller wagon long before the season started. I didn't realize CJ had played an extra game but that still puts them at roughly 8 ppg for Spiller and 11 for Martin in my main league. At this point though they both have been busts for where they were picked and I wouldn't fault someone too much for making the trade.

Start Case Keenum everyone

:trapstar:

My wifes opponent this week started Keenum .... he's projected to put up 10.5 points.

Considering how last week went - the Texans defense scoring a Zero , Matt Schaub (7.4) being the only viable replacement for Matt Ryan being on a bye .... Ray Rice going from fantasy stud to dud .... I think he's giving her a handicap (he's sitting Aaron Rodgers) ..... she's not had a good year with what looked like a strong fantasy roster.

Week one starters - put up 135.6 points .... last week 76 points.

Matt Ryan
Ray Rice
Reggie Bush
A.J. Green
Antonio Brown
Antonio Gates
Pierre Garcon
Texans D/ST
Greg Zuerlein, StL K

Bench week 1 47.5 points .... last week 7.1 points.

Michael Vick
Mike Williams (TB)
Shonn Greene
Jacquizz Rodgers
Kendall Wright
Coby Fleener
LaRod Stephens-Howling

Ugh, my first time playing fantasy this year as the GM for my wife's team because she was sucking. She traded our #1 RB Doug Martin for CJ Spiller. I'm pissed but just thought I'd see if anyone can back me up on how terrible that decision was or if I'm just being a douche.

Looks like your wife can predict the future.... :bravo:

There is no way i would have done the trade then though

Up by 10 points, I needed Marshawn Lynch to have a crappy game. I also had Greg the Leg left to play. He outplayed Lynch by quite a few points. :D

On to next week.

Debating my final WR slot for week 9.

Stevie Johnson(BUF) at home vs KC. Per Yahoo, Johnson(hip flexor) was noticeably limping and hobbling around for much of the second half.

vs.

Marvin Jones(CIN) @ MIA. Jones was targeted 8 times last week vs Jets with 4 td's. Targeted 6 times w/TD the week prior and targeted 5 times w/TD the week prior. He's a no-namer, whos trend is showing more involvement with each week.

Normally I'd stick with Johnson, but against KC and I'm not keen on hip flexor.

I'm in 2nd place in my league right now and 3-5th is a game back. :) this is a crucial pick.

Thanks!

Stevie Johnson(BUF) at home vs KC. Per Yahoo, Johnson(hip flexor) was noticeably limping and hobbling around for much of the second half.

vs.

Marvin Jones(CIN) @ MIA. Jones was targeted 8 times last week vs Jets with 4 td's. Targeted 6 times w/TD the week prior and targeted 5 times w/TD the week prior. He's a no-namer, whos trend is showing more involvement with each week.

I'm in 2nd place in my league right now and 3-5th is a game back. :) this is a crucial pick.

Thanks!

Marvin Jones would be mine. Johnson looked really hurt at the end of the Saints game and Marvin has destroyed it in fantasy leagues the past 3 weeks....

vs.

Thanks!

Marvin Jones. Andy Dalton is on a hot streak and he's caught touchdowns successively, I think. I tried to nab him on waivers but I have the worst waiver claim possible, so it didn't work out. I'll be starting Josh Gordon instead. I left him out in all three of my leagues last week (won all three, so no biggie) and left a lot of points on the bench. I'll be counting on him to produce.

Thanks htown and Scott, for confirming my thoughts. I had tentatively put Marvin in, in case I missed a chance to update my lineup again prior to a camping trip I start on Friday. Much for the same reasons you both convey.

Start Case Keenum everyone

:trapstar:

Can't do it! Not quite yet. But I do wonder how many Case supporters out there will? If you started Case, post up!

For all the chatter in the past month supporting Case, I would expect there to be a good dozen people on this board who've picked him up at the very least, but they should put their boy in the starter slot! Go all in! HAHAHA

What's more, I'd love to see that strategy pay off for you. I'm chicken but........:chicken:

Won't mind eating crow.

Can't do it! Not quite yet. But I do wonder how many Case supporters out there will? If you started Case, post up!

For all the chatter in the past month supporting Case, I would expect there to be a good dozen people on this board who've picked him up at the very least, but they should put their boy in the starter slot! Go all in! HAHAHA

What's more, I'd love to see that strategy pay off for you. I'm chicken but........:chicken:

Won't mind eating crow.

Case is on the ESPN Fantasy guys list of buy low stock... He is getting some props

Case Keenum or Jason Campbell?

regular scoring. Assuming I can get Case off of Waivers.

How bad is your QB situation that those are your only choices? YIKES

Campbell played very well last week but I think Case has more/better weapons.

Given Campbell vs Keenam, I'd have to go all homer on this.

Campbell isn't what I'd want to consider an upgrade, so if the brain says it's a split.. go with the heart.

How bad is your QB situation that those are your only choices? YIKES

Campbell played very well last week but I think Case has more/better weapons.

Eek. Is no one else available? Terrelle Pryor, Ryan Tannehill, and a few other better options are still available in my league.

Keenum, I think.

Given Campbell vs Keenam, I'd have to go all homer on this.

Campbell isn't what I'd want to consider an upgrade, so if the brain says it's a split.. go with the heart.

It's a 16 person league. My starting QB is Stafford so he's on bye. I had some other options, throughout the season but they all go injured. In the draft QBs went early and often. I ended up with Richardson, Fred Jackson, Woodhead, and Forte at RB though. I also had Pierre Thomas but traded him earlier for some WR help. So I ended up okay.

I currently have Campbell on the roster and I'm hoping for Keenum on waivers.

NON PPR

(1) Flex
(2) WR
(2) RB

Wr Fitzgerald
Wr Torrey Smith
Wr Keenan Allen
Wr Cecil Short
Wr Brian HArline

RB - Johnson
Rb - Bell
Rb - Zac Stacy
RB - Mike James

Its a good problem but a must win game against the leader

NON PPR

(1) Flex
(2) WR
(2) RB

Wr Fitzgerald
Wr Torrey Smith
Wr Keenan Allen
Wr Cecil Short
Wr Brian HArline

RB - Johnson
Rb - Bell
Rb - Zac Stacy
RB - Mike James

Its a good problem but a must win game against the leader

Johnson(if Chris), Stacy, Bell(if LeVeon), Allen for me.

Can't quite figure out my flex for this upcoming weekend.
Non PPR

1) Andre Ellington
2) Mike Tolbert
3) Riley Cooper
4) Marvin Jones

I'm leaning towards Cooper because him and Foles have a good connection.

Can't quite figure out my flex for this upcoming weekend.
Non PPR

1) Andre Ellington
2) Mike Tolbert
3) Riley Cooper
4) Marvin Jones

I'm leaning towards Cooper because him and Foles have a good connection.

1,3,4,2 for me... so Ellington, then Cooper. Might change my mind later in the week, though, with injury/etc. news.

I'd stick with Cooper and let it ride. Dude has been on fire the last two weeks since he got a white QB to throw to him. Coincidence...?

Hmm... it'll be a tough decision to make. Dutch's got a point, though, Cooper has been on fire. Can't believe he was still available to pick up this week.

Hmm... it'll be a tough decision to make. Dutch's got a point, though, Cooper has been on fire. Can't believe he was still available to pick up this week.

Cooper was the reason my team lost last week. :mad:

Ellington vs. Jaguars is intriguing, though. Anybody vs. Jags. :lol:

Cooper was the reason my team lost last week. :mad:

Ellington vs. Jaguars is intriguing, though. Anybody vs. Jags. :lol:

Except for Titans D vs Jax :wadepalm: I only got a few points out of them instead of the 14 or 12 or whatever it was from the Carolina D on my bench.

Lesson: Don't bench Carolina's D.

I'm THAT guy who sat Ray Rice this week, knowing how bad the Bears run D was. I was still able to muster 36 points out of CJ1k and Joique Bell

Alright, I am in a must win situation in the worst possible week. I have Demarius Thomas starting, which normally does me good, but I need a 2nd WR and all of my other guys have been lackluster at best. I have Roddy White, who is going up against the saints on thursday night. I know the Saints CB suffered a bad injury, so White might be able to pick them apart, however the Falcons are a dumpster fire this season, and White is coming off of injury.

Then I have Hakeem Nicks. He sucks, but he is playing at home against Dallas, who he torched the first week. Dallas also has a bad passing D (Statistically)

Finally I have Boldin, who is playing Washington on Monday night. He had a decent game last week, but San Frans passing game has been somewhat meh, and I don't know if I can rely on this game.

I am playing the 2nd best team in my league, and I need a win to stay alive in the playoffs, since there is a log jam for half the teams trying to get those final 4 spots.

Who should I start???

(P.S. I am going with Cumberland at TE, because I have no good TE on the WW. Is that a decent pickup? Or should I go with someone else?)

What are your other TE options?

On the wire, Jared Cook just hit the market, and he's going against Chicago.

Other potentials are Tim Wright, who I actually had last week, and Heath Miller, who hasn't done much. I was screwed at TE when OD went down.

Any insight on my WR issue?

Jordan Cameron vs PIT or Garrett Graham vs. JAX?

Cameron was fine while Hoyer/Weeden were throwing to him. With Campbell under center he gets nary a point.

Pick one of each... non PPR

TE
Jason Witten vs Giants
Rob Housler Vs Colts

WR
Rod Streater Vs Titans
Brian Hartline Vs Panthers

On the wire, Jared Cook just hit the market, and he's going against Chicago.

Other potentials are Tim Wright, who I actually had last week, and Heath Miller, who hasn't done much.
Miller is getting more targets as of late, and Ben is coming around. Browns 23rd against FF TEs scoring. Wright is a no for me.
Any insight on my WR issue?
At first blush I'd say Nicks for the matchup, but Boldin & White got 9 targets last week to Nicks' 5. Is Nicks injured? I think I'm choosing between Boldin/White and leaning Boldin.

Jordan Cameron vs PIT or Garrett Graham vs. JAX?
Tough call. Graham had huge targets last week, I think I'd go with GG.

Murray, Tate, Andre Brown, and Matt forte. I need 2 to start, and one for flex. Only one I'm sure on is forte.
Forte & Tate for sure, Brown next for me.

Pick one of each... non PPR

TE
Jason Witten vs Giants
Rob Housler Vs Colts
Witten easily for me.
WR
Rod Streater Vs Titans
Brian Hartline Vs Panthers
Fakk! Going against the #1 & #2 DEFs for fantasy WRs in my league. I have both rated ~same. Gun to head I think Hartline because of higher number of targets.

Remember I'm no FF expert, but I did stay here...
photo.jpg

So go with your gut & good luck.

Witten easily for me.

Fakk! Going against the #1 & #2 DEFs for fantasy WRs in my league. I have both rated ~same. Gun to head I think Hartline because of higher number of targets.

Yeah i made some all or nothing trades with a receiver desprite team (we have (3) WR, (1) TE, and (1) flex. kinda wierd set-up)

Alshon Jeffery for Zac Stacy
Dwyane Bowe for Bobby Rainey

I still have Johnson, Josh Gordon, then slim picks for WR

So i left me a little short handed on reveivers but i have Chris Johnson and Lamar Miller for RB, i saw the trade as a high risk/high reward transaction but i think i came out on top

Miller is getting more targets as of late, and Ben is coming around. Browns 23rd against FF TEs scoring. Wright is a no for me.
At first blush I'd say Nicks for the matchup, but Boldin & White got 9 targets last week to Nicks' 5. Is Nicks injured? I think I'm choosing between Boldin/White and leaning Boldin.

Thank you. I just picked up Miller, and I am going with Boldin.

Let's hope I can pull out a W

LETS POST SOME QUESTIONS:

Pick 1. 0 PPR 6pt TD

G. Bernard vs SD
CJ Spiller vs ATL

While I'm leaning Bernard, Atlanta's running defense is such a hot mess right now that it seems like Spiller might get the nod here. Thoughts on this?

Pick 1. 0 PPR 6pt TD

G. Bernard vs SD
CJ Spiller vs ATL
Bernard for me - Chargers have allowed 7 RB scores in the past four games.

I got 3 to choose from for a Wr2. Anquan Boldin, Percy Harvin, or Keenan Allen.
Leaning Allen for me. It's close, but...

Crabtree returning(limited) this week may hurt Boldin(may help, too). Harvin was listed as "did not participate" Friday, although there was no Friday practice.

NON PPR

(1) Flex

Ladarius Green vs NYG
Lamar Miller vs Pit
Brian Hartline vs Pit
Rod Streater vs NYJ
Bobby Rainey vs Buf

(1) QB

Russell Wilson vs SF
Carson Palmer vs StL
Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Den

Alright. Made the playoffs, and I need to figure out who to start in my PPR league.

First question is at WR. I got D Thomas going up against Tennessee, Roddy White going against GB, Edelman going against Cleveland, and Boldin going against Seattle. I'm really leaning towards starting D Thomas and White, but I'm not too sold on White. Any further suggestions will help.

I'm also a little scared about my QB situation. I have Brees who is going against Carolina. Carolina has been doing alright this season, but the Saints are at home. On the other hand I have Big Ben going against Miami. Big Ben has been having better games here lately, but he isn't consistent like Brees is.

Any more suggestions will help!

NON PPR

(1) Flex

Ladarius Green vs NYG
Lamar Miller vs Pit
Brian Hartline vs Pit
Rod Streater vs NYJ
Bobby Rainey vs Buf

(1) QB

Russell Wilson vs SF
Carson Palmer vs StL
Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Den

Rainey vs a terrible Buffalo D for sure. No other RB got a carry for the Bucs in the last game against the Panthers. Rainey will get a lot of points this week for sure, I'm starting him in my flex.

I'd go with Palmer vs STL. I like Wilson a lot, but @SF is really tough, plus the weather could be a factor. Palmer playing at home in a dome is the more solid choice. He should get you 20-28 points. The Rams offense is pretty bad, so the Cardinals should have the ball quite a bit. That ought to give him more chances to score.

Alright. Made the playoffs, and I need to figure out who to start in my PPR league.

First question is at WR. I got D Thomas going up against Tennessee, Roddy White going against GB, Edelman going against Cleveland, and Boldin going against Seattle. I'm really leaning towards starting D Thomas and White, but I'm not too sold on White. Any further suggestions will help.

I'm also a little scared about my QB situation. I have Brees who is going against Carolina. Carolina has been doing alright this season, but the Saints are at home. On the other hand I have Big Ben going against Miami. Big Ben has been having better games here lately, but he isn't consistent like Brees is.

Any more suggestions will help!

I'd go with Thomas and Edleman. Cleveland will put Joe Haden on the Pats outside WR (Dobson or Thompkins) and shut him down, while Edleman will be avoiding their slow-ass LBs in the middle. Gronk will have a big game, cause the Browns don't have anyone to cover him effectively. Maybe TJ Ward can, but I doubt it, especially in Boston. I'm not sold on Roddy White @ GB. I know the Packers have a bad defense, just as bad against WRs as Buffalo last week, but I just can't trust that guy in the playoffs. I think Edleman is the better option.

I think you have to go with Brees over Ben. The Panthers D is good, but it's not Seattle good. They still lack their star pass rusher Charles Johnson, but he might actually play against NO. Even still, it's Brees at the Superdome, so I'd have to go with him. The Steelers are just too inconsistent for my taste. Full disclosure, I'm starting the Carolina DST in my league :)

Back