Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Who Should I Start Thread

My bad, you're right. I must've been looking at the Fitz since he's questionable with a hammy

So you'd go with Finley?

I would be tempted to start Cook because of the defensive match-up and because Finley is frustrating as all hell with his drops.

Neither had a great day but only one played so yeah...my bad!

In other TE news, Vernon Davis screwed me in a league. SMH.

Week 4 Standard Scoring 0PPR

Choose 2 WR:

Wayne vs Jax
V. Jackson vs Ari
J. Gordon vs Cin
A. Brown vs Min

Flex:

G. Bernard vs Cle
L. Miller vs NO
The WR's not picked

This one hurts. Think you have to start Wayne and Bernard for sure but the second WR is up in the air.

NON PPR

Start - 3 WR, 1 Flex

Andre Johnson -hurt
Josh Gordon - Rookie QB
Brian Hartline
Mike Williams - Rookie QB
Alshon Jeffery
Andre Roberts

Lamar Miller

Charles Clay

NON PPR

Start - 3 WR, 1 Flex

Andre Johnson -hurt
Josh Gordon - Rookie QB
Brian Hartline
Alshon Jeffery
Andre Roberts

Lamar Miller

Charles Clay

Andre (If playing)
Gordon (He proved he can do okay with Hoyer starting)
Hartline (T. Hill is doing alright and Hartline has more targets than Wallace)
Williams (If Andre isn't playing)

Clay over Miller but it's a coinflip man. I don't really feel good about either of them tbh. I'd check waiver wire for whatever will fit in your flex and look at match-ups.

New dilemma pending deal: Standard Scoring 0PPR 10 man

FLEX: MJD, Miller or whatever WR not chosen
WR (Only 1): Wayne vs JAX, A. Brown vs MIN, J. Gordon vs CIN,

Wayne or Brown. I would probably lean Brown though because I'd be worried they wouldn't keep Wayne in most of the game with how many points they'll probably rack up. But I think Wayne is better than MJD or Miller, so I'd roll with them both.

Rivers against Dallas or Matty Ice against the Patties?

You would probably want to start the example of Consistency in Matty Ice plus the Pats secondary is rather bleh. Rivers is more of a gamble bet than anything.

Indy D vs Jax, or Cowboys D vs Chargers?
Colts, good luck.

NON PPR

Start - 3 WR, 1 Flex

Andre Johnson -hurt
Josh Gordon - Rookie QB
Brian Hartline
Alshon Jeffery
Andre Roberts

Lamar Miller/Charles Clay
Gordon(check injury status), Hartline, Jeffrey & Miller, good luck.

Brown, Miller, MJD, Gordon in that order for me, good luck. If "0PPR" means its ppr, might bump Gordon but check his status.

Rivers against Dallas or Matty Ice against the Patties?
Matty Ice, good luck.

Last minute advice at HB '(pick 1 - I am starting A. Morris for sure):

Ray Rice vs. BUF (coming of injury, his work load may be very limited)
or
Demarco Murray vs. SD (good defense)
or
Darren McFadden vs. WS (aweful defense so far)

or
or

I would go with Murray.

or
or

Nice backs, Murray for me. Good luck.

I need some advice... No PPR, 10 yards per point, 6 for TD.

Pick 1 TE:

Martellus Bennett vs. NO
Jared Cook vs. Jax

Pick 2 RB:

MJD @ STL
Daryl Richardson vs. Jax
Ryan Mathews @Oak

Pick 1 TE:

Martellus Bennett vs. NO
Jared Cook vs. Jax

Pick 2 RB:

MJD @ STL
Daryl Richardson vs. Jax
Ryan Mathews @Oak

Cook, MJD and Richardson. The rams defense blows this year, and ho ho ho, so does the Jaguars. Ryan Mathews is barely rosterable, much less a start. I might see if Woodhead was on the waiver wire in your case.

0 PPR, standard scoring:
MJD @ STL
Josh Gordon vs Balt

pick one:
Tannehill vs Balt
Pryor vs SD
Manning vs Philly?

Tony Romo vs the Broncos
Sam Bradford vs the Jags

I would have to go with Bradford. Every QB has had a field day playing the Jags and the Rams really need to win and with no run game they will rack up the points

Pick 1 TE:

Martellus Bennett vs. NO
Jared Cook vs. Jax

Pick 2 RB:

MJD @ STL
Daryl Richardson vs. Jax
Ryan Mathews @Oak

Bennett, Matthews are more consistant scorers

Cook, MJD and Richardson. The rams defense blows this year, and ho ho ho, so does the Jaguars. Ryan Mathews is barely rosterable, much less a start. I might see if Woodhead was on the waiver wire in your case.

0 PPR, standard scoring:
MJD @ STL
Josh Gordon vs Balt

pick one:
Tannehill vs Balt
Pryor vs SD
Manning vs Philly?

Gordon and Manning (Philly has a bad D)

Matt Ryan against the Jets or Michael Vick against the Giants ?!

Flex spot -

Jacquizz Rodgers Vs Jets
Andre Ellington Vs Carolina
Rashad Jennings Vs San Diego (with McFadden & Reece likely out in front of him)
Donnie Avery Vs the Tinbreds.

Bye Weeks have me all bent outa shape.

Flex spot -

Jacquizz Rodgers Vs Jets

Bye Weeks have me all bent outa shape.

Jets have a top ten pass defense, the Giants can't stop anything. I would play the matchup and go with Vick.

As for the flex spot none of them really look like great options. Assuming DMC and Reece are out, I would go with Jennings

Flex spot -

Jacquizz Rodgers Vs Jets

Vick(by a nose) & Jennings for me, with Quizz next highest. Good luck.

Jets have a top ten pass defense, the Giants can't stop anything. I would play the matchup and go with Vick.

As for the flex spot none of them really look like great options. Assuming DMC and Reece are out, I would go with Jennings

Vick(by a nose) & Jennings for me, with Quizz next highest. Good luck.

Thanks , both of you confirmed what I was thinking ....

This is my wife's FF team which she asks me who to play most of the time, she did real well early in the draft but the bench was really hurting and with three guy's on bye weeks , its a hot mess.

I picked up Jennings with the thought of starting him if DMC & Reece are out , if he doesn't get the start I can go with one of Jacquizz Rodgers , Coby Fleener or Donnie Avery at the Flex.

Romo should rack up points trying to keep pace with Denver. Bradford may have a good day against a terrible Jags D but Fisher likes to play defense and control the clock.

Start Romo.

Romo for me, good luck.

Thanks guys, I'm going to win my game & my week

ric-flair-wooooooo-o.gif

Next week is tough for me. Yahoo standard scoring league:

WR (pick 3 out of 5):

D. Thomas vs. JAX (sure starter)
L. Fitzgerald vs. SF (tough defense...)
A. Brown vs. NYJ
J. Blackmon vs. DEN (hopefully with Henne as QB)
D. Hopkins vs. STL (hopefully with somebody else at QB...)

HB (pick 2 out of 3):

R. Rice vs. GB
D. Murray vs. WAS
A. Morris vs DAL

I lost Julio. Anywho, I'm concerned about starting defenses this week.

I have Carolina's defense, but I'm going to either take the Rams against us or the Eagles against Tampa Bay. Any other defense suggestions based on matchups?

I lost Julio. Anywho, I'm concerned about starting defenses this week.

I have Carolina's defense, but I'm going to either take the Rams against us or the Eagles against Tampa Bay. Any other defense suggestions based on matchups?

I wouldn't trust the Eagles defense those guys are pitiful. The Jets (Steelers are bad on offense this year), Panthers, Rams/Houston, and possibly the Cardinals (Kaep regression + Patrick Peterson on ST's and defense) seem to have favorable match-ups and are probably on the waiver wire.

Next week is tough for me. Yahoo standard scoring league:

WR (pick 3 out of 5):

D. Thomas vs. JAX (sure starter)
L. Fitzgerald vs. SF (tough defense...)
A. Brown vs. NYJ
J. Blackmon vs. DEN (hopefully with Henne as QB)
D. Hopkins vs. STL (hopefully with somebody else at QB...)

HB (pick 2 out of 3):

R. Rice vs. GB
D. Murray vs. WAS
A. Morris vs DAL

Anyone can help me out here? My girlfriend is probably gonna give birth to my first child this weekend, so I won`t have the mind to change my lineup later...

Anyone can help me out here? My girlfriend is probably gonna give birth to my first child this weekend, so I won`t have the mind to change my lineup later...

Congrats man that's awesome!

I don't think you can really miss on your running backs. Those are 3 good players with 3 good matchups but I would definitely have Murray in there.

At WR, definitely Thomas. I would also start Blackmon as Gabbo isn't gonna play and JAX is gonna have to throw the ball to keep up. For the third slot I would roll with Brown, he's on pace for a monster season.

Up 96 to 76.8.

All he has left is Rivers. I have either Woodhead or Richardson. PPR, standard past that. Advice? I'm leaning Woodhead.

Up 96 to 76.8.

All he has left is Rivers. I have either Woodhead or Richardson. PPR, standard past that. Advice? I'm leaning Woodhead.

PPR? Woodhead. Matthews is a scrub and woodhead has outplayed him both in running and catching out of the backfield.

Up 96 to 76.8.

Weird. I have both Woodhead and Richardson in, but no ppr. The other guy has Gates I think. Around the same scores, so I'll be fine there. I would go with Woodhead if I can only have one. Richardson has been kinda sucky, but I did get him second round so there was potential value.

In another league I'm up by 10 but all my players have played. He's got Gates. Chances on that? If Gates has a bad to okay game I think I should be fine.

Ugh, my first time playing fantasy this year as the GM for my wife's team because she was sucking. She traded our #1 RB Doug Martin for CJ Spiller. I'm pissed but just thought I'd see if anyone can back me up on how terrible that decision was or if I'm just being a douche.

Ugh, my first time playing fantasy this year as the GM for my wife's team because she was sucking. She traded our #1 RB Doug Martin for CJ Spiller. I'm pissed but just thought I'd see if anyone can back me up on how terrible that decision was or if I'm just being a douche.

Was the trade made before the season started?

No, just a few hours ago.

original

Women man...

The number one team in one of my leagues just lost Julio Jones last week, so I was happy to see that he will be hurting at WR. He hadn't made a transaction yet, so he was 1 on the waiver wire. The only girl in our league, who doesn't know a lot about this stuff, decided to drop Pierre Garcon because he was on a bye week. So of course he picked Garcon up and doesn't miss a beat... :mariopalm:

They've both been equally bad in my league.

She's been cursed this year, also has Tom Brady, Roddy White, Texans defense, Martin. But I think Martin has a lot more left than Spiller does.

Appreciate you guy's feedback. I've never done fantasy because I knew I'd get too much into it. Now that I'm hooked I don't have a team because my wife went Jerry Jones and fired me so I gotta wait til next year.

Back