Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Titans were who we thought they were!!!

Titan "Tack" Fan;485861 said:
Levon bears his war wound like a crown
He calls his child jesus cause he likes the name
And he sends him to the finest school in town
Levon likes his money
He makes a lot, they say
Spends his days countin' in a garage by the motorway

He was born a profit to a pawn, on a Christmas Day
when the New York Times said that God was dead

I'm lost what does Sir Elton doing singing on this message board.

Some mad man accross the water must have started this.

Titan "Tack" Fan;485781 said:
I want to see Titans and Texans on top of the AFC south. I might be annoying but im nothing like Jacksonville fans. And let's admit it, the Colts are just getting old. I'm tired of seeing them win games. Payton Manning is so good that he's not impressing anyone anymore.

It's time for a change.

this is pretty strange........ most Titans fans that I've met would like to see the Texans & Titans at the top of the AFC South..

But we couldn't care less who #2 is.....

I respect them for that..... & for having the gnads for making Vince the 1st QB taken in the '06 draft.

The Titans were who we thought they were? What, a team that doesn't turn the ball over, and can score 4 TD's off their own skill and ability? Oh I guess it was the "Texans beating the Texans" when VY spotted the open man, or he ran for 20 yards, or Pacman returned a TD, or when KVB blew past his man and forced it out of DC, which Brown then recovered and returned for a TD. Please, those aren't new gaps in the Texans teams that the Titans just happened to exploit out of luck. Comparing this loss to the Cardinal's is an insult to the Cardinals - you didn't have the lead, and you didn't cause one turnover. The Texans were who we thought they were - crap.

The come back at the end had me worried i'll admit, but I wouldn't get too high and mighty about only being beaten by 6 points with 5 turnovers - I think it was more a case of the Titans D being complacent and lazy with what they thought was a big enough lead. What was it, 21-3 up to 2 minutes left in the 3rd? It's hard enough getting full effort out of the Titans D in the best situations.

The Titans were who we thought they were? What, a team that doesn't turn the ball over, and can score 4 TD's off their own skill and ability? Oh I guess it was the "Texans beating the Texans" when VY spotted the open man, or he ran for 20 yards, or Pacman returned a TD, or when KVB blew past his man and forced it out of DC, which Brown then recovered and returned for a TD. Please, those aren't new gaps in the Texans teams that the Titans just happened to exploit out of luck. Comparing this loss to the Cardinal's is an insult to the Cardinals - you didn't have the lead, and you didn't cause one turnover. The Texans were who we thought they were - crap.

The come back at the end had me worried i'll admit, but I wouldn't get too high and mighty about only being beaten by 6 points with 5 turnovers - I think it was more a case of the Titans D being complacent and lazy with what they thought was a big enough lead. What was it, 21-3 up to 2 minutes left in the 3rd? It's hard enough getting full effort out of the Titans D in the best situations.

Soak-it-up while you can Nza....December 10 is going to be here before you know it. That ought to worry you because we played like s**t and still only lost by 6 points. You have plenty of time to come up with some more excuses why your team gives up points. :texflag:

What, a team that doesn't turn the ball over, and can score 4 TD's off their own skill and ability?
The skill and ability line made me laugh for some reason. :hmmm:

Oh that's right. All Texan turnovers were not created by the Titans. As far as I know, I never saw strip moves or route jumping... just self-induced mistakes that were enough for the inferior team to escape with a win.

Soak-it-up while you can Nza....December 10 is going to be here before you know it. That ought to worry you because we played like s**t and still only lost by 6 points. You have plenty of time to come up with some more excuses why your team gives up points. :texflag:

I'm not soaking anything up. I don't like to gloat when the Titans beat anyone and i'm certainly not gloating here. I'm trying to figure out where this "The better team lost" bull**** is coming from. I've never seen a fanbase so inept of admitting defeat before in my time visiting messageboards. There is no better team between the Texans and Titans, they are both pretty much in the same category, so the better team on the day is the one that wins, period.

I had no beef with Redskins fans when they clearly pointed out we played better on the day and won, but Texans fans seem to pigheaded to admit that and rely on these incredible claims of domination simply because you guys racked up more yards and moved the ball against a defense that tuned out.

BTW, nice contradiction, December 10 is going to be here before I know it, and yet I have plenty of time to think of more excuses why the Titans gives up points.

That team was built in Houston and that was only because Bud got lucky with the Crappy City Miracle.:bguitar: In typical Bud fashion he fell a yard short. Just wait til the Titans come to Houston this year! Y'all are going down like the Titanic.

We also played in January last year on New Years.:neener:

The Titans weren't making the Superbowl without McNair and George, so no, it wasn't built in Houston i'm sorry.

The skill and ability line made me laugh for some reason. :hmmm:

Oh that's right. All Texan turnovers were not created by the Titans. As far as I know, I never saw strip moves or route jumping... just self-induced mistakes that were enough for the inferior team to escape with a win.

Try reading what I posted again. I said all the TD's were from the Titans ability, not turnovers. The Pass was VY finding an open man (granted, VERY open, but he still found him). The run was ALL VY. The punt return was ALL Pacman and the Titans ST. The fumble return was KVB dominating an easy target and finishing the play with ability, with Brown adding the full stop.

Titan "Tack" Fan;485625 said:
afc_championship.jpg

titansLR.jpg

I mean it's fun bragging about the AFC championship, but man, all i have to do with the Texans is brag about the playoffs. Cause you've never seen the Texans play in the month of January.
Hmmm Just wanted to point out that the teams that you speak of? The ones that played in your city and marched to the SB? Well those were all Houston Oilers who changed their undies and put on a different shirt. Those player Bled Oiler blue all over the Astrodome for years before Tennesee was known for anything other than GRACELAND!. You want to claim McNair or George that's cool, BUT DON"T EVER THINK BRUCE MATTHEW WAS ANYTHING BUT A HOUSTON OILER!!!!!!!!!!!! You got alot of gall putting a picture of him in that post!

Remeber that those players are all gone now Tenessee's team is toiling along hoping to catch a break. One we so regret giving you. Come to Houston things will change. Count on it!

McNair and George were drafted in Houston and played in Houston.

While I hardly agree their meager time in Houston makes the Superbowl Titans a "built in Houston" team (In Steve's case, 13 games played in 2 season), perhaps I could find better examples - like Samari Rolle, Jevon Kearse, Lorenzo Neal, John Thornton etc who were all Titans to begin with, and were all quite vital to a Superbowl team.

You just made my year.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Sending you rep points and $20 Chick-Fil-A gift certificate in the mail.

This is what I don't understand. You guys try to claim ownership of the Titans Superbowl squad, and players like Matthews, sometimes even denying the Titans truely own Oiler history, and yet you find joy in ragging on the Superbowl loss and a bad Oilers loss on Youtube? Can I get a big "W T F" ?

It's just contradiction after contradiction around here.

And hey, now that I think about it, I don't really care if the Titans superbowl was built in Houston. I'm not from Tennessee - i'm not even a US citizen. I couldn't care less about where the team was built, because Oiler history is Titan history. The city is totally irrelevant.

While I hardly agree their meager time in Houston makes the Superbowl Titans a "built in Houston" team (In Steve's case, 13 games played in 2 season), perhaps I could find better examples - like Samari Rolle, Jevon Kearse, Lorenzo Neal, John Thornton etc who were all Titans to begin with, and were all quite vital to a Superbowl team.
Then parade them around like THEY discovered america. Not an icon like bruce. No wait... they are all gone! No sense is singing the praise of a team that left! All hail Travis Henry!

This is what I don't understand. You guys try to claim ownership of the Titans Superbowl squad, and players like Matthews, sometimes even denying the Titans truely own Oiler history, and yet you find joy in ragging on the Superbowl loss and a bad Oilers loss on Youtube? Can I get a big "W T F" ?

It's just contradiction after contradiction around here.

Speaking for myself .... Like many of these other fans, I've got a soft spot for my memories of the Oilers. I'm not real cool with Warren Moon going to the HOF and then setting foot in TN like he actually played there.

Then I think about who's behind it all. You guys can have him. I don't miss the drama that goes along with Houston's own Bud Adams in the slightest. You guys are just now starting to find out what you're in for.

The bad football karma won't break until he kicks it....and 1 yard short of a Super Bowl win is the worst of bad karma.

Speaking for myself .... Like many of these other fans, I've got a soft spot for my memories of the Oilers. I'm not real cool with Warren Moon going to the HOF and then setting foot in TN like he actually played there.

Then I think about who's behind it all. You guys can have him. I don't miss the drama that goes along with Houston's own Bud Adams in the slightest. You guys are just now starting to find out what you're in for.

The bad football karma won't break until he kicks it....and 1 yard short of a Super Bowl win is the worst of bad karma.
Am I understnading you? Warren Moon is in the HOF as a Titan? Say it ain't so!

Read about it here.

If you Titans fans want an idea of what's still to come with Bud Adams, read some of these articles on this page.

Some highlights:

Fires Bum Phillips after the AFC Championship.
Trades Pastorini for a drunk Ken Stabler.
Trades Earl Campbell for nothing.
Trades Warren Moon for a 3rd round pick.

Enjoy!

He's there as an Oiler...the Titans have his records and have retired his number.
So long as Houston preceeds the team name... Stats and records are paper and he should be retired he played for Bud. We have real deal memories here of what he did. Something no Titian fan will ever understand and now that McNair is gone and free agency in full effect, they never will. (makes me feel pretty good actually)

So,first you say they never played in Houston, now their time there was "meager.":yawn:

Don't make presumptions. I said guys like McNair and George are the Titans Superbowl, suggesting they weren't a part of Houston enough to consider Houston as the city behind the Superbowl team, which in turn suggests I didn't think they played in Houston (which I didn't, because I know they did), or I didn't think their time in Houston was signficant. The latter is what I meant.

And then I followed up by saying I don't care anyway, as i'm not from or in America so I don't really care about which city did what. Titans...Oilers...one in the same to me.

That's fine, but it's just weird when you see one person argue for Houston history in one post, then laugh at a huge Oilers loss in the next. It just comes off as desperate and petty.

lol, troll. I come to inquire about the baffling reaction to the game with logic at my disposal, and find Texans fans gaining satisfaction from ancient highlight clips, and a poster who insults my country of origin (which, by the way, could have been a made up place like Sluazatakastan and he probably would have given the same lame reply thinking it was a real place), and i'm the troll?

Did I say you were "the troll"?

I was talking about the grand old time "Tack" fans been having since Sunday. It's getting old quickly IMO but what's worse is seeing posters fueling it with foolish comments. I hadn't even read your posts when I typed that.

Appologies then. I say don't presume and I make a presumption myself. Yep, this thread IS full of contradictions :P

Nza.....just agree to understand we think the better team didn't win. mmmk?

The rest "just doesn't matter!"

"It just doesn't matter!"

"It just doesn't matter!"

:listening

I can't agree to understand something that doesn't make sense. Neither team are the better team. There is no way the Texans are better than the Titans or the Titans are better than the Texans as a team, not when both have as many holes as they do. You can only determine who was the better team on the day, and that was the Titans. Yards, TOP, all that stuff is irrelevant. Even if you think the Texans gave everything to the Titans, remember that the Titans had to get in the end zone, which they did 4 times, and they had to protect the ball too, which they did. The Titans were the better football team on the day, and they won because of it. Teams don't beat themselves, that's sore loser talk. They might make the day a lot easier for the other team, but if the other team played as poorly, then they wouldn't be doing much with all the opportunities, would they. To take advantage of all what's given to them, the team receiving all the breaks has to play better than the other.

I'm not soaking anything up. I don't like to gloat when the Titans beat anyone and i'm certainly not gloating here. I'm trying to figure out where this "The better team lost" bull**** is coming from. I've never seen a fanbase so inept of admitting defeat before in my time visiting messageboards. There is no better team between the Texans and Titans, they are both pretty much in the same category, so the better team on the day is the one that wins, period.

I had no beef with Redskins fans when they clearly pointed out we played better on the day and won, but Texans fans seem to pigheaded to admit that and rely on these incredible claims of domination simply because you guys racked up more yards and moved the ball against a defense that tuned out.

BTW, nice contradiction, December 10 is going to be here before I know it, and yet I have plenty of time to think of more excuses why the Titans gives up points.

Calm down dude....I thought 40 days would be enough time. I truely apologize for the contradiction. I now realize that we are the only fan base that hasn't a clue about what we see with our own eyes. You are right and we are wrong.......except for: "they are OUR Texans and they ARE the better team"...

Well, naturally I understand you think the Texans are the better team - Cardinals fans probably think they're the best crap team too. I'm talking about the better team on Sunday, specifically, this past sunday. It's just amazing to read all these sore loser excuses about losing and still being the better team on Sunday - I didn't realize the better teams are determined by yards.

I read a lot of posts claiming "We turned the ball over 5 times and only lost by 6! wow, we would have creamed them if were didn't turn the ball over", and I can't help but shake my head. Think about it, it's would be like a Titans fan truely believing the Titans were going to kill the Texans because we beat the Redskins, and they killed the Texans. It isn't how football works. Who knows what would have happened if the Titans had the ball more with longer fields. If you play the exact same game 10 times with the exact same conditions each time, you're going to get 10 different games.

Whoever wins Dec 10 will be the better team on that Sunday too. Anyone with any sense whatsoever should be able to see that the best team on the day is ALWAYS the winner. It's an oxymoron to say the best team on the day lost, and quite simply an excuse to shield your mind from reality.

Well, naturally I understand you think the Texans are the better team - Cardinals fans probably think they're the best crap team too. I'm talking about the better team on Sunday, specifically, this past sunday. It's just amazing to read all these sore loser excuses about losing and still being the better team on Sunday - I didn't realize the better teams are determined by yards.

I read a lot of posts claiming "We turned the ball over 5 times and only lost by 6! wow, we would have creamed them if were didn't turn the ball over", and I can't help but shake my head. Think about it, it's would be like a Titans fan truely believing the Titans were going to kill the Texans because we beat the Redskins, and they killed the Texans. It isn't how football works. Who knows what would have happened if the Titans had the ball more with longer fields. If you play the exact same game 10 times with the exact same conditions each time, you're going to get 10 different games.

Whoever wins Dec 10 will be the better team on that Sunday too. Anyone with any sense whatsoever should be able to see that the best team on the day is ALWAYS the winner. It's an oxymoron to say the best team on the day lost, and quite simply an excuse to shield your mind from reality.

Nza, you are one tenacious individual.....I admire that. But you are into this s**t way too deep. My oxymoronic delusional ass still says the Texans are the better of the two teams. I can't help myself, that is what makes it fun for me. But hey! Thanks for the in-depth analysis as well as the phycological diagnosis, I am now truely on the road to recovery.......until December 10 gets here. :redtowel:

How in the world does someone in Australia become a fan of the Titans? Just curious. Can you guys get NFL games over there?

Why not the Titans? No home team, so all 32 are just as likely as the next. As I said before though, I was an Oilers fan (albiet not an overly involved one being 13 when they moved to Tennessee without Internet until I was 14-15 to follow games properly).

Yeah we get 2 fox games a week usually, as well as SNF and MNF, so 4 games a week usually, minimal 3. Thanksgiving I think we get the tripple header, 2 fox games on monday, SNF and MNF.

You guys don't have any international fans here??

You guys don't have any international fans here??

We have a couple of UK fans on the other Texans board. I think they are 1 or 2 here also.

BTW, what's the most popular sport over there? Aussie Rules Football or Football (Soccer)?

I think soccer would have to be because of the exceptional diversity per head in Australia, but that would be international support, not domestic, as our "A League" soccer league is pretty crap. Domestic wise, AFL and Cricket are probably the most popular, with Rugby League and Rugby Union behind them. Personally, i'm not a fan of any (although a good Union game is great fun to watch) - nothing beats American Football. We actually have a few state based gridiron leagues here and an International team:

http://gridironaustralia.org.au/

Personally I only just learnt of this recently but it looks pretty cool, might have to see a game one day :P

I think soccer would have to be because of the exceptional diversity per head in Australia, but that would be international support, not domestic, as our "A League" soccer league is pretty crap. Domestic wise, AFL and Cricket are probably the most popular, with Rugby League and Rugby Union behind them. Personally, i'm not a fan of any (although a good Union game is great fun to watch) - nothing beats American Football. We actually have a few state based gridiron leagues here and an International team:

http://gridironaustralia.org.au/

Personally I only just learnt of this recently but it looks pretty cool, might have to see a game one day :P

That's cool. The NFL just announced it is going to start having some real games played outside the US. They didn't say where though. I would think they would start off with Canada and Mexico.

I would say North American sports in general are the most exciting. I love football and hockey (hockey being Canadian that's why I said North American). I would probably have withdrawal living outside the US. My wife is from Spain and we have considered moving there but I would go out of my mind only having La Liga to watch. I follow La Liga (we get Spanish TV on the dish) but it is has no where near the excitement level as our sports, and La Liga is one of the best if not the best league in the world.

So are there many other fans of US football there?

That's fine, but it's just weird when you see one person argue for Houston history in one post, then laugh at a huge Oilers loss in the next. It just comes off as desperate and petty.

An Oiler fan's feelings are pretty complex. If we didn't have a new team, we wouldn't mention that loss at Buffalo.

If you read the articles that I linked in my earlier post, you'll notice a pattern in their history. It is as follows:

Somebody comes into the organization who actually knows football and actually improves the organization. (Bum Phillips and Jeff Diamond for example.)

Bud sees that guy getting too much credit and doesn't like it.

Bud then fires that guy that gets all the credit. :shoot:

Almost of us around here still have a lot of love for the players that played with the Oilers but have much contempt for the organization itself.

Sell coke out of your car, just as long as you play well. Stomp someone in the face with cleats. Bud Adams, could go on forever about that jacktard.

Needless to say Tenn is a classless organization, and a hunk of crap. Give me 0-16 before team like the Titans.

That's cool. The NFL just announced it is going to start having some real games played outside the US. They didn't say where though. I would think they would start off with Canada and Mexico.

I would say North American sports in general are the most exciting. I love football and hockey (hockey being Canadian that's why I said North American). I would probably have withdrawal living outside the US. My wife is from Spain and we have considered moving there but I would go out of my mind only having La Liga to watch. I follow La Liga (we get Spanish TV on the dish) but it is has no where near the excitement level as our sports, and La Liga is one of the best if not the best league in the world.

So are there many other fans of US football there?

Yeah I heard about the announcement - the Chargers and Broncos played a preseason game here a few years ago. Didn't get much of a crowd, unfortunately most Australians would be too "proud" to consider American sports as entertainment, plus many have a complexion about wearing helmets and pads is sissy without understanding why they are required in one sport but not the other. Americans get a lot of flack here for ignorance, but i'm really not sure most Australians are any better.

There are a few fans here though. I've bumped into many online. The one thing i've noticed is there aren't many casual NFL fans - they're either not fans or diehard fans here it seems, but I guess you'd have to be to support a sport and team so far away.

Sell coke out of your car, just as long as you play well. Stomp someone in the face with cleats. Bud Adams, could go on forever about that jacktard.

Needless to say Tenn is a classless organization, and a hunk of crap. Give me 0-16 before team like the Titans.

Not really sure what Adams has to do with Haynesworth?

But i'm not even going to get into the whole Bud Adams thing, I'm well aware that would be a complete waste of energy to argue here :P

Back