Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The time for the team to quit on O’Brien is NOW!

Mangler

Toro de España
Same sh1t since 2014. Same trash offense, same stupid personnel decisions, and the exact same mediocrity under this pathetic HC/GM. I’m almost willing to bet my savings that he takes over the play calling, as if his game plan isn’t the one being ran to begin with.

Too bad we don’t have anyone to hold that dumb SOB accountable!

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Bill O’Brien on his message to his team: “We have to get better quickly in all areas. We have to coach better. We have to play better. It’s a long season. We have to get better very quickly..Need to play a lot better than we’ve been playing against Pittsburgh.” #Texans

Same crap excuses, just copy and paste
I’ll copy and paste into next weeks game day thread after we lose 34-17

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What do you call today?
I’d say we’re on the right track.

There was a gap between us & KC/Baltimore last season. Surprise, it’s still there.

GM O’Brien did what he did over the summer to close the gap. Now HC O’Brien has work to do between now & January to close the gap.

I believe in Bill O’Brien, don’t like him. Don’t understand him. But we’ll be in the AFC Championship game this year.

Mangler

Toro de España

There was a gap between us & KC/Baltimore last season. Surprise, it’s still there.

GM O’Brien did what he did over the summer to close the gap. Now HC O’Brien has work to do between now & January to close the gap.

I believe in Bill O’Brien, don’t like him. Don’t understand him. But we’ll be in the AFC Championship game this year.
Willing to put your manhood on it?

amazing80

Hall of Fame

Did Steelb take over your account? There is no way you believe that

This is in your best interest Just For Pals :toast2:

Jadmakaveli

Veteran

bigmck

Rookie

Before you put a second mortgage on the house with your bet, read this................"Since 2007, 98 teams have started 0-2. Only 12 (12.2 percent) of them turned it around to make the playoffs and one of those (the 2008 Chargers) made it with an 8-8 record". https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/stats-2-0-teams-and-0-2-teams == Just so my post doesn't shut down the board for the rest of the year, the 1961 Oilers started 0-3-1 and won the AFL Championship.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Before you put a second mortgage on the house with your bet, read this................"Since 2007, 98 teams have started 0-2. Only 12 (12.2 percent) of them turned it around to make the playoffs and one of those (the 2008 Chargers) made it with an 8-8 record". https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/stats-2-0-teams-and-0-2-teams == Just so my post doesn't shut down the board for the rest of the year, the 1961 Oilers started 0-3-1 and won the AFL Championship.
since 2008, how many times did 7 teams make the playoffs?

76Texan

Hall of Fame

You don't believe in him.
If you really do, you would have the Texans winning the Super Bowl. :corrosion:

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club

Quoted for proof that you're on drugs.
:mcclain:

theCATALYST

Football Messiah

Damn skippy!
The bandwagon will be at capacity as we enter the playoff schedule.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The Texans have done it twice in the last 5 years.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Lol, cowboys fans thought that getting rid of Garrett was gonna be the cure to all their ills. 3 games in under McCarthy, they’re seeing the same stuff they saw under Garrett & there’s not much difference in how the team is playing...they should be 0-2 like us but lucked out on ATL’s brain fart. They get Seattle next week and will likely be 1-2 afterwards. They’ll be ready to fire him by week 7.

I say all that to say it’s Wishful thinking on your part that these guys will quit on BoB and that a new HC is likely gonna dramatically change things without an overhaul of the roster. These are BoB’s guys. He chose all of them, many of which were discarded by other teams and/or he gave contract extensions to....however unwarranted. IOW’s they will never quit on him.

just from the sheer TYPE of players he’s brought in, Their make up is different...even from those that quit on Kubiak back in 2013.

badboy

Hall of Fame
It also means they're going to willingly put together bad film of themselves for potential future employers to watch..
Unfortunately it may be that they are not thinking about that. Most people think of now not next season but they should.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Pro players rarely quit. It's just not in their DNA considering the elite level of competition they have to face just to stay viable.

What you can see in players is glimpses of attitudes when they no longer believe in their coach(es), as well as an erosion of overall teamwork as the failures ultimately lead to blame games and general avoidance of potential big plays that could lead to inury. Worse than bad film of a player is an injury history. Bad teams are not worth sacrificing careers for. It's human nature.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
just from the sheer TYPE of players he’s brought in, Their make up is different...even from those that quit on Kubiak back in 2013.
I keep hearing this false narrative now and again.
If they quitted, how were the games so close?
Chiefs 16-17; first game for Keenum ; Chiefs were a playoffs team
Colts 24-27; playoffs team
Cards 24-27; 10-6 record, just missed the playoffs
Raiders 23-28
Jaguars 6-13
Pats 31-34, playoffs team
Jaguars 20-27
Kubiak replaced by Wade; Keenum injured his thumb.

Mangler

Toro de España
What you can see in players is glimpses of attitudes when they no longer believe in their coach(es), as well as an erosion of overall teamwork as the failures ultimately lead to blame games and general avoidance of potential big plays that could lead to inury. Worse than bad film of a player is an injury history. Bad teams are not worth sacrificing careers for. It's human nature.
You pretty much described what Hopkins did.