Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The time for the team to quit on O’Brien is NOW!

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Absolutely......but so is the team/coaches around the QB.

You say watson is not a championship caliber player and im fine with that. But imo this team/coach is not a championship material either
How did Tennessee's offense look until Vrabel switched QB's? (Alot like the Texans offense is looking right now) Did Vrabel suddenly become a better HC when he started Tannehill, or did Tannehill's play help raise the level of play of his teammates?

I'm not saying BOB shouldn't be fired.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
The title of this thread bugs the crap out of me. My brain would never go there telling people to give up or quit on anything.
Lockeroom mutiny would've been a better way to phrase it.. You can only circle the wagons or be a "good teammate" for so long.. They're not robots, they know they work for a moron. They're still human and unlike previous years they aren't the piece of corn atop of the AFC South pile, no shovel is going to dig them out of this one. 7 years of following this guy.. and he is now emperor of the organization. This could be the year where stuff starts spilling out.

Atleast they'll have a high draft pick to help replace some of the top tier talent Buttchin gave away for peanuts.

Decim8

Veteran
How did Tennessee's offense look until Vrabel switched QB's? (Alot like the Texans offense is looking right now) Did Vrabel suddenly become a better HC when he started Tannehill, or did Tannehill's play help raise the level of play of his teammates?

I dont know what their offense was before tannehill tbh. Hes playing well no doubt but Henry is the main cog in that offense.

Credit to Vrabel though, its still early in his coaching career but he has that team heading in the right direction. I think a few posters here wanted him to take over OB too, not me I was against that...... :facepalm:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Vrabel has always had a solid running game and a decent to very good OL

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Mariota was always hurting.
And there's no denying Tannerhill's familiarity with the WCO he was taught in Miami by Philbin and Sherman.

Henry was also hurt a lot early in his career.
And last year, it took him several games to get going.
The Titans were playing some good-great defenses in the beginning.

It also helped that the Colts were hurting more and more as the year went along, the Jags were in full imploding mode, and the Texans still had O'Brien.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I dont know what their offense was before tannehill tbh. Hes playing well no doubt but Henry is the main cog in that offense.

Credit to Vrabel though, its still early in his coaching career but he has that team heading in the right direction. I think a few posters here wanted him to take over OB too, not me I was against that...... :facepalm:
Just look up their record with Tannehill at QB and you will clearly see the difference.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Vrabel got that Titans team going in the right direction, what a hire for them.

Josh Allen had a heck of a game, he's improving with each game
QB play matters
Your opponent matters too.

Texans played arguably the 3 best teams in the AFC, all three teams currently undefeated.

Bills played Jets, Dolphins, Rams. Those teams are a combined 3-6.

Titans played Broncos, Jags, Vikings. Those teams are a combined 1-8, and the Titans just barely won those games.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Exactly. For example, if not for the play of our QB, wed have been 9-7 the last couple of years losing the division to the likes of the Jags & Titans.

Luckily our QB can win games despite his faults & the faults of his HC. Now we need to see if he can overcome his GMas well.
We all know steelb likes cherry-picking and with a selective memory, he can rewrite history very well.
He can do good in Congress, filibustering with the best of them. :corrosion: :hankpalm:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Your opponent matters too.

Texans played arguably the 3 best teams in the AFC, all three teams currently undefeated.

Bills played Jets, Dolphins, Rams. Those teams are a combined 3-6.

Titans played Broncos, Jags, Vikings. Those teams are a combined 1-8, and the Titans just barely won those games.
Totally agree with this but until you can beat the best there will be no championships and the Texans are unlikely to get to this level this yr. It ain't gonna happen with the BOB/DW4 partnership and it's gonna be a long 4 yrs.

BTW, is it just me, or is the newly signed/minted LB corps slow as molasses? This is directly on BOB the GM. That's for the crew of 1 or 2 that say I'm not critical of BOB. I did think McKinney played fairly well yesterday but he's limited and you cant have all limited LB's in coverage and have a successful defense. BOB scewed the pooch on those extensions. I'm hoping in the 3rd/4th rds they can find a LB that can cover and a S that isn't so dumb he forgets what defense they're in. Sad really

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Totally agree with this but until you can beat the best there will be no championships and the Texans are unlikely to get to this level this yr. It ain't gonna happen with the BOB/DW4 partnership and it's gonna be a long 4 yrs.
Coming into this season, I didn't think we were one of the elite AFC teams... and these loses just proves it. TBH, I think we're at that same tier w/ Buffalo and Tennessee.

BTW, is it just me, or is the newly signed/minted LB corps slow as molasses? This is directly on BOB the GM. That's for the crew of 1 or 2 that say I'm not critical of BOB. I did think McKinney played fairly well yesterday but he's limited and you cant have all limited LB's in coverage and have a successful defense. BOB scewed the pooch on those extensions. I'm hoping in the 3rd/4th rds they can find a LB that can cover and a S that isn't so dumb he forgets what defense they're in. Sad really
What do you mean by "newly signed/minted LB corps"? It's the same exact LB crew we had last season. What's up with Greenard? Is he really hurt, or is he having problems getting playing time? Jacob Martin is fast, but is he really too one-dimensional?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Coming into this season, I didn't think we were one of the elite AFC teams... and these loses just proves it. TBH, I think we're at that same tier w/ Buffalo and Tennessee.

What do you mean by "newly signed/minted LB corps"? It's the same exact LB crew we had last season. What's up with Greenard? Is he really hurt, or is he having problems getting playing time? Jacob Martin is fast, but is he really too one-dimensional?
Buffalo added talent this offseason. They're between K.C./Balt and Tennesee/Pittsburgh. IMHO

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

The Titans have made smart moves with their OL and also have the top RB on their roster. Also helped that they added an absolute stud at WR whom Tannehill relies on heavily. Those are things Tannehill never had in Miami......unless you're saying he had those things in Miami.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The Titans have made smart moves with their OL and also have the top RB on their roster. Also helped that they added an absolute stud at WR whom Tannehill relies on heavily. Those are things Tannehill never had in Miami......unless you're saying he had those things in Miami.
Are you saying QB play doesn't really matter?

Look at the Titans record with Mariota vs Tannehil. Mariota had those same weapons. In fact Tannehil has been playing without AJ Brown, his WR1 and hasn't missed a beat. Can you say the same thing about DW4?

austins23

Hall of Fame
Well the vikings got right on offense. But man those titans are a 4 qtr team. Play till the end.

Anyone notice Buffalo has evolved since that playoff loss to the texans
Vrabel got that Titans team going in the right direction, what a hire for them.

Josh Allen had a heck of a game, he's improving with each game
Josh Allen has 33 TDs and 3 INTs in his last 14 games
True, but obviuosly QB play took that franchise to a higher level.
A competent OC has lots to do with Tannehill’s success as well

ColeThornton

Waterboy
Look what McDermott did in 3 seasons and Vrabel in 2. After 6 seasons with the talent OB has had he should have this team at a higher level than Buffalo and Tennessee. And even "if" they're at the same level, Buff & Tenn seem to be on the right trajectory while the Texans seem to be falling apart right before our eyes.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Are you saying QB play doesn't really matter?

Look at the Titans record with Mariota vs Tannehil. Mariota had those same weapons. In fact Tannehil has been playing without AJ Brown, his WR1 and hasn't missed a beat. Can you say the same thing about DW4?
Look at OB's record with Watson and Hopkins versus his record without. OB didn't like the imbalance so he shipped the cancer Hopkins out to the Cardinals. Now OB is 0-3 in the exclusive Watson era. OB is the HC and defacto OC. His lame arse play-calling has prevented a 1-2 start and maybe even a 2-1 start if he allowed the offense to continue what they were doing when successful. His play-calling and strategy should absolutely baffle the minds of most fans. Instead of leaning on his passing game.....OB's insistent on leaning on his non-existent running game and a defense that would have problems competing against DIV I offenses.

I have no idea what OB's strategy is but the cynical side of me thinks he's sabotaging Watson b/c he wasn't his but RS's QB of choice. Just really, really, really bad leadership and I think the players, after 7 years, just aren't buying into it any more.

gafftop

All Pro
Thinking about how OBrien has been playing with borrowed money (future picks) makes me sick.
I have a sick feeling that butthead is about to do something. Which means he is going to do something stupid.
But really what can be more asinine than trading Dhop and taking on the Johnson contract.
Maybe trading 2 firsts and a second for Tunsil without having him tied up so then we have to pay more than he is worth later or lose him.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just lets me know about the McNairs when they allow this to happen.
I'll say it again makes we think about widower in Major League that wanted the team to FAIL.

Last edited:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I have a sick feeling that butthead is about to do something. Which means he is going to do something stupid.
But really what can be more asinine than trading Dhop and taking on the Johnson contract.
Maybe trading 2 firsts and a second for Tunsil without having him tied up so then we have to pay more than he is worth later or lose him.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just lets me know about the McNairs when they allow this to happen.
I'll say it again makes we think about widower in Major League that wanted the team to FAIL.
Wouldn't surprise me if/when he pulls something dumb dumb again.

Mangler

Toro de España
That's an interesting comparison and a fitting one .... Mariota much like Watson put up a bunch of highlight material but was inconsistent.

The difference is the Titans didn't extend him prior to year 4 for $110m guaranteed with a no trade clause ...
O’Brien sure is turning Watson into Mariota alright! Chin Hole must be stopped...

Tex1983

Practice Squad
Obrien saw the schedule of kc, balt, and pitt and thought to himself, “im not taking the fault for those loses. Ill put an oc in place for those games and after he fails, i will take over once the easier games start. Cal will see when im in total control, we succeed. He will know that without me, his team is doomed to failure”.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
At what point does the player have to accept atleast some responsibility for not developing?

At this point DW4's looking alot more like Mariota than Steve Young.
Before simply parroting @Corrosion's Mariota comparison without any context why don't you look up Mariota's injury history with the Titans?

NVM: You won't do it:

Attachments

Last edited:

Earl34

Hall of Fame
That's an interesting comparison and a fitting one .... Mariota much like Watson put up a bunch of highlight material but was inconsistent.

The difference is the Titans didn't extend him prior to year 4 for $110m guaranteed with a no trade clause ...
Don't you think Mariota's injuries which led to performance issues also played a part in not extending him?

Edit:
Mariota (neck) dealt with a slew of injuries that flew under the radar in 2018, including a sprained AC joint in his shoulder, a cracked vertebra, a strained oblique, a broken rib and a significant tear of the plantar fascia in his foot, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone Nashville reports.Mar 26, 2019

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Kubiak is out OC’ing and out coaching our QB guru as we speak. Big surprise, eh? Boy is it frustrating to be a Texans fan right now...
Yeah b/c those running plays he was calling against 1 of the worst run defenses in the league where Cook was breaking 2-3 tackles in the backfield were offensive genius I tell you! :rolleyes: