Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Texans might beat the Jets

We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change.

When the schedule came out, I was happy about playing the Jets again. I thought we'd get a little pay-back.

But I don't know that this team has it in them.

You'd think they would get pissed, & beat somebody up, anybody.

But even in our wins, you can't say we're beating anybody up.

We get knocked on our keister, and get back up...... but it's like we're waiting for someone to knock'em back down.

Like that inflatable clown you got when you were 5.

I am just feeling that this is exactly the type of week/game that they can surprise the nation by pulling out the W and maybe starting something special. Its a win or go home (for the season) week.

No doubt about it.

But this isn't the first time we've had this kind of week/game that could surprise the nation. Just like in the Yahoo column someone posted, the Nation's been waiting for this team to do something

it's just never happened.

No doubt about it.

But this isn't the first time we've had this kind of week/game that could surprise the nation. Just like in the Yahoo column someone posted, the Nation's been waiting for this team to do something

it's just never happened.

Still looking for a ray of sunshine?

Good luck.

I have calculated the odds of us winning this game:

I figure that we have a 25% chance of winning this game, versus 75% for the Jets. In addition, if this game is in the 25% category, we have a 50% chance of beating ourselves, leaving us with 12.5% overall chance of us winning this game.

I'll go ahead and say we win this one. The Jets are the luckiest team in the league, having pulled their two latest wins out of their asses in Detroit and Cleveland.

We'll be out for blood. They beat us on paper, but I think we'll get up for this one. The Jets arent world-beaters.

And no, that's not to say this will touch off some miracle run.

There' hope,

Maybe the wind will be swirling around the new Meadowlands stadium with gusts of 30/40 MPH. Helping the secondary in coverage against the Jets WR's and Sanchez. Who has been known to throw many ints in these conditions.

There' hope,

Maybe the wind will be swirling around the new Meadowlands stadium with gusts of 30/40 MPH. Helping the secondary in coverage against the Jets WR's and Sanchez. Who has been known to throw many ints in these conditions.

Meh, we'll just drop them :(

This will be the week to see if our team has any pride at all, which I truly believe they do. Hopefully, they will come out with a badass attitude and beat the living crap out of the Jets, like the Jets did us last year. There's talent on our team, they just defeat themselves, with a lot of help from the sideline. They have something to prove, like showing the NFL they are NOT the laughing stock of the entire league.

We can only hope!!

I have calculated the odds of us winning this game:

I figure that we have a 25% chance of winning this game, versus 75% for the Jets. In addition, if this game is in the 25% category, we have a 50% chance of beating ourselves, leaving us with 12.5% overall chance of us winning this game.

:lol: Repped!

But that is really the entire point of this thread. The Texans are expected to lose. We all expect them to get dominated actually.

Delusional? Yes. Absurd? Yes. Idiotic? Yes. But this is exactly the type of game set of circumstances that the Texans will once again defy logic with and make everyone scratch their head saying WTF!

Or it could be the type of game that puts the final nail in Gary Kubiak's coffin.

Is this where I insert the obligatory Dumb and Dumber quote?

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

1 more loss and it might be over

2 more losses and its over no way we get in with a 9-7 record if we even get to 9-7

i do hope tho we win out and get to 11-5 we are deff at the crossroads this week

if the bowns and lions can take them so can we u saying the Lions roster is better then ours ??????

I feel like an ***** for posting this, but I really want Kubiak gone because I believe it will be good for the team in the long-run. As well, I want to have happen whatever needs to happen in order for that to be true. But, as I have been reading this post, and others like it, My heart says YES...Go Texans!..
Texans 31
Jets 21

This will be the week to see if our team has any pride at all, which I truly believe they do. Hopefully, they will come out with a badass attitude and beat the living crap out of the Jets, like the Jets did us last year. There's talent on our team, they just defeat themselves, with a lot of help from the sideline. They have something to prove, like showing the NFL they are NOT the laughing stock of the entire league.

We can only hope!!

A little to late for all this. Pride should have been present on MNF against the Colts on national tv...

A little to late for all this. Pride should have been present on MNF against the Colts on national tv...

It's never to late for the players to finally show up and play like pro football players. For the coaching staff however, I think the sun has already set on them.

We were 4-2 at the time, and on our bye week the same week as the Colts who were playing at home.

Not making excuses just pointing out that they were just as primed to win as we were. Now we have a losing record, and we are getting a chance at payback on the jets for what happened last year.

I think their pride is a little more at steak now than in week 8.

It's never to late for the players to finally show up and play like pro football players. For the coaching staff however, I think the sun has already set on them.

What good is it now for the players to come out and play like pros when it's the second half of the season and our playoff chances are slim to none?? Why not come out from the start of the season with everything you got instead of waiting to go on a 3 game losing streak and get blasted by the fans and media????

And yes I agree, McNair needs to fire all the coaches asap and let them go deer hunting as that season just started.

What good is it now for the players to come out and play like pros when it's the second half of the season and our playoff chances are slim to none?? Why not come out from the start of the season with everything you got instead of waiting to go on a 3 game losing streak and get blasted by the fans and media????

And yes I agree, McNair needs to fire all the coaches asap and let them go deer hunting as that season just started.

On the bolded part, they should play like pro's because that's their job. A nicely paid job I might add. But even at that, I would still lay the huge majority of the blame for this sorry ass season on the coaching staff not the players.

On the bolded part, they should play like pro's because that's their job. A nicely paid job I might add. But even at that, I would still lay the huge majority of the blame for this sorry ass season on the coaching staff not the players.

I get paid hourly also but guess what? Im in the office on the internet instead of working which I get paid to do, but I feel like working only 30 mins out of the hr just like the Texans, they take off a half LOL!

I think the biggest blame should go on the fans.

Yes, we've got a talented team, yes, they've teased us for years.

But why do we think we're the Colts, or the Patriots, or whoever last year's super bowl champs were?

Before last weeks game, I was putting together stats for this season to compare the two teams...... Texans & Jags. I found out we're extremely similar. I tried to break it down to just the 3 games before our match-up..... the same. It was freaky. Then before the game, CBS showed a graphic showing we were 8-8 vs the Jaguars & the stats were damn near identical.

That's when it dawned on me. Whatever we think of the Jags, that's who we really are.

I doubt the Jags have given up on this season.

When the schedule came out, I was happy about playing the Jets again. I thought we'd get a little pay-back.

But I don't know that this team has it in them.

You'd think they would get pissed, & beat somebody up, anybody.

But even in our wins, you can't say we're beating anybody up.

We get knocked on our keister, and get back up...... but it's like we're waiting for someone to knock'em back down.

Like that inflatable clown you got when you were 5.

This. I'd like for us, just once this year, to get up big on somebody, and not let them off the floor. Be the Eagles to the other team's Redskins from Monday night. Apparently, though, either that's not our style or we simply don't have what it takes to do that. I'm starting to think it's more of the latter.

This game is a "L" easy. The way this team plays defense, it doesn't deserve to win another game. Its just plain pathetic and painful to watch.

This game is a "L" easy. The way this team plays defense, it doesn't deserve to win another game. Its just plain pathetic and painful to watch.

It's not only the defense..... forget that, this offense (stats be damned....... & I'm a stat guy).

They have no idea if they want to be a passing team a running team, can't make adjustments until halftime....

It took them 10 weeks to understand that they're a rhythm offense & couldn't work it in until half-time.

:wadepalm:

Sorry, fellas, but I simply cannot indulge in your misguided optimism at the moment.
The Jets are a physical team that the Texans simply have no answer for, and once the Jets punch our team in the mouth, the finesse will get panicky and start chucking the ball up. NY's secondary is licking their chops right now, and their D-line is preparing the marinade for some grilled Schaub.

100% Agree. I wish I could think the Texans have a chance.

I would think we had a chance in this game if our defense wasn't so bad against the pass.

I just don't see how we'd ever be able to put an opponent away and we can barely raise a fist to fight their aerial asault.

Add to that our offense usually plays soft against physical teams...I just don't see how we win this one unless the team actually comes out and plays fired up football...

They haven't don't that at all this year so I'm not optimistic.

If things hold true for my fantasy team -

when I sit or drop a player who is not producing or producing less than someone else on the bench - they will usually have a lights outs game and the one I put in the lineup gets hurt in the first minute of the game - - -

I have sat Matt down and am starting Sanchez.

I think the losses this year have made me a little loopy or delusional. I keep having these thoughts that maybe, just maybe the Texans can put it together after a faith rattling loss this past Sunday to the Jaguars and defeat the Jets.

Yes, the Jets, and yes, it is in the Meadowlands. That spells disaster in any language. But I think everyone can agree that this team is talented. Maybe not one of the most talented in the league, but whenever you field Schaub, AJ, Foster, Walter, Cushing, Mario and A. Smith you have a fighters chance, and anything can happen.

I have had an L for this game since the Schedule came out. And you cant blame me. We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change. Our coaching style, schemes, execution from players and that they need to fight tooth and nail to get the job done to get us back on track to a 10 win season and into the playoffs.

I know this is off the wall for me, and probably a pipe dream, but its all i've got for this season. This will be my one and only Texans/Kubiak sunshine club post this year if we lose. In turn you can effectively spend that money you are saving for playoff tickets if they lose this week. The deck is stacked against us, and it wont be an easy task. But nothing in life worth achieving is easy to obtain.

Kubiak will go from this...

gary%20kubiak.jpg

To This....

images

after the Jets first blitz for a sack. This ain't gonna be a pretty site on Sunday

We were 4-2 at the time, and on our bye week the same week as the Colts who were playing at home.

Not making excuses just pointing out that they were just as primed to win as we were. Now we have a losing record, and we are getting a chance at payback on the jets for what happened last year.

I think their pride is a little more at steak now than in week 8.

Except they had freaking stock boys playing WR and TE. We knew their weakness and instead decided to attack their strength.

I'm on board with the title of this thread.

By God, the Texans will shock us all and win this game. :yikes:

Is there a legit reason in this whole thread?

No.

The best anyone of us can do is "any given Sunday". Or some sort of karmatic response to how all of us are sick of the team's crap. We're all about ready to deboard the train so they'll fire up the engines. Grand. It'll probably happen.

Go Texans. Go Texans Go.

On a side note, I noticed a few mentions about "the annual 4 losing streak" and would like to think that a few people read my post about just that.

Okay, I've got this pink soap hovering over my avatar..... I think it's affecting my attitude, as I've been more negative than usual.

We're not all perfect, for me to "demand" that anyone is perfect just ain't right for me.

So here's the deal, see if you agree.

If we hold the Jets under 24 points (& I understand the probability of that) I'm ditching the soap. You won't see me talking about how great this defense is or anything like that (trust me).... I won't list the excuses I've already tabulated for Frank Bush's performance (IMHO, I don't think he's doing a heck of a job, & I believe our HC has the bar set way too low if he in fact told FB that behind closed doors).

I don't know that we can score 13 on the Jets anyway, so I don't know that it matters. But if they score less than 24 (which we haven't done all season) I'm taking down the soap.

Okay, I've got this pink soap hovering over my avatar..... I think it's affecting my attitude, as I've been more negative than usual.

We're not all perfect, for me to "demand" that anyone is perfect just ain't right for me.

If we hold the Jets under 24 points (& I understand the probability of that) I'm ditching the soap. You won't see me talking about how great this defense is or anything like that (trust me).... I won't list the excuses I've already tabulated for Frank Bush's performance (IMHO, I don't think he's doing a heck of a job, & I believe our HC has the bar set way too low if he in fact told FB that behind closed doors).

I don't know that we can score 13 on the Jets anyway, so I don't know that it matters. But if they score less than 24 (which we haven't done all season) I'm taking down the soap.

If the D holds the Jets to under 24? Or if the Jets score 24 under 24 in any facet of the game? 2 different things.

Why? I don't understand the reasoning here. I mean, even if we go out and beat the Jets by 20 points, that doesn't change the way things have gone around here for the last 5 years. Surely you decided to use the pink soap based on an opinion you have formed about Kubiak during his entire 5 years as our coach, right? 1 single game really shouldn't have that much effect on the overall opinion. I know it won't for me.

If the D holds the Jets to under 24? Or if the Jets score 24 under 24 in any facet of the game? 2 different things.

Agree...... I'll make it hard.

If the Jets have 24 or more on the scoreboard, the soap stays.

Why? I don't understand the reasoning here. I mean, even if we go out and beat the Jets by 20 points, that doesn't change the way things have gone around here for the last 5 years. Surely you decided to use the pink soap based on an opinion you have formed about Kubiak during his entire 5 years as our coach, right? 1 single game really shouldn't have that much effect on the overall opinion. I know it won't for me.

No, I was running off at the mouth last week...... follow the link in my sig.

I haven't read any of this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating something that was previously said.
My thought is simple, I don't know what the betting line is, and I don't really need to, I would put money on the Jets to cover whatever the spread might be.
The Texans are already sliding, and they're about to crumble. Bet on it.
I'll take the Jets and the under.

Keep in mind, I've traditionally been a homer, and relatively optimistic...

I haven't read any of this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating something that was previously said.
My thought is simple, I don't know what the betting line is, and I don't really need to, I would put money on the Jets to cover whatever the spread might be.
The Texans are already sliding, and they're about to crumble. Bet on it.
I'll take the Jets and the under.

Keep in mind, I've traditionally been a homer, and relatively optimistic...

Someone just posted that the Jets are giving 7. I think most agree with you that the Jets should win by 7+.

I wonder what the jets fan think about this game

Is this a trap game for the Jets ?????????????? LOL

Back