Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Texans’ Firings Tracker Thread.

ubecool454

Veteran
So, it looks like O’Brien will not only be the HC, OC, and GM. He will now also be negotiating contracts. Boy is this organization a dumpster fire! Here’s hoping Cal McNair gives O’Brien the pink slip soon...

Jerry Jones is smart enough to know when something is not working. The Texans are always going to be an expansion team. Just go find the dumbest coach out there and let him call all the shots.

Bugman7star

All Pro
None of these moves is helping us at the moment. Gaines was ousted. We got caught tampering with Caserio. OB gave up a large amount of draft capital for players because he supposedly had a "win now" mentality. Boy did that work out for us.

We need a better HC, and since we probably won't get that, at least a smart OC with total control of the offense. We also need a new DC and a new O-line coach. What do we do instead? Get rid of a Lb coach and the senior VP of football admin. OB gets more control and Cal McNair stays in hiding.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
None of these moves is helping us at the moment. Gaines was ousted. We got caught tampering with Caserio. OB gave up a large amount of draft capital for players because he supposedly had a "win now" mentality. Boy did that work out for us.

We need a better HC, and since we probably won't get that, at least a smart OC with total control of the offense. We also need a new DC and a new O-line coach. What do we do instead? Get rid of a Lb coach and the senior VP of football admin. OB gets more control and Cal McNair stays in hiding.
and as long as the “casual rah rah football fans“ keep packing that stadium and an AFCS banner is hung in the rafters it’s unlikely to change. Unbelievable

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
You just can not make this shiit up. Is the city of Houston built on some ancient tribal burial ground or what?? WTF did the city do to deserve such professional sports punishment???
The city of Houston was built on a swamp. It was the Astrodome that was built on the Indian burial grounds. The city is fine, but the curse for it's sports teams will continue until we tear down the Astrodome and turn that land into a park.

Mangler

Toro de España
Jack Easterby must really have Cal McNair’s ear. The Texans have shaken things up pretty quickly since his arrival. I just hope that he’s not some puppet that’ll blindly follow O’Brien to his own firing. Hoping Easterby has the backbone to tell Cal McNair that O’Brien is not going to cut it, and recommend a HC that he sees best fit for whatever vision they have for the team.

If Caserio does make his way to Houston, then great. The guy must hold some kind of value if Belichick himself was not willing to let him walk. We need change, and we need it fast! I don’t see us competing with the Chiefs, 49ers, Ravens, or even the Titans the way things stand as of now.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Jack Easterby must really have Cal McNair’s ear. The Texans have shaken things up pretty quickly since his arrival. I just hope that he’s not some puppet that’ll blindly follow O’Brien to his own firing. Hoping Easterby has the backbone to tell Cal McNair that O’Brien is not going to cut it, and recommend a HC that he sees best fit for whatever vision they have for the team.

If Caserio does make his way to Houston, then great. The guy must hold some kind of value if Belichick himself was not willing to let him walk. We need change, and we need it fast! I don’t see us competing with the Chiefs, 49ers, Ravens, or even the Titans the way things stand as of now.
Those inspirational memes really convinced Cal

Mangler

Toro de España
And when Tom Brady signs with the Colts in the offseason we'll really be up a creek.
You actually believe that he’d sign with the Colts? Didn’t they just sign Brisset to an extension? Not saying they have, but I could have sworn they had extended him recently. I may be wrong.

Earl34

Hall of Fame

Speaking of Easterby. Does anyone know exactly what has Jack Easterby accomplished in the NFL that Cal would give him so much influence in the Texans' organization?

Mangler

Toro de España
Speaking of Easterby. Does anyone know exactly what has Jack Easterby accomplished in the NFL that Cal would give him so much influence in the Texans' organization?
Jack Easterby is the Mike Pence-Joel Osteen hybrid of the Texans organization. You know, both the right hand man of some rich dumb brat, with both posting inspirational crap on social media to fool their small minded boss and followers. To them, hey are holier than thou.