Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The "Should I accept this trade" thread

I don't even understand why you are considering this trade. A top 3 TE and top 3 WR for a slight upgrade at WR and RB? I don't get it. Pettigrew isn't doing that well this season, especially in non-PPR leagues. You would be losing a large advantage in Graham IMO.

I wouldnt consider it but being 7th out of 10 has had me thinking of doing something drastic... my team just cant get wins

I wouldnt consider it but being 7th out of 10 has had me thinking of doing something drastic... my team just cant get wins
TE is where you can get a decided advantage over your league, and you have the top guy on a team on the upswing. I'd consider Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles, maybe Alfred Morris.

Ok AJ Green and Jonathan Dwyer for Doug Martin and Jordy Nelson. I am giving up Green.

My WRs are Megatron, Amendola, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Maclin, and James Jones.

My RBs are Sproles, Spiller, MJD, Dwyer, and Vick Ballard.

Should I do it?

Ok AJ Green and Jonathan Dwyer for Doug Martin and Jordy Nelson. I am giving up Green.

My WRs are Megatron, Amendola, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Maclin, and James Jones.

My RBs are Sproles, Spiller, MJD, Dwyer, and Vick Ballard.

Should I do it?

Um YEAH.

Done. Last time, the same guy backed out of an even better trade. He was willing to do Welker and Martin for Green, Amendola, and Ballard. I finally talked him into sending me Jordy instead and letting me remove Amendola.

The irony: I traded him Martin to begin with. I made an absolutely terrible trade early in the year when Martin was sucking. Sent him Martin, Matt Ryan, and Decker for Green, MJD, and Cam Newton. That trade did not work out well at all. Hopefully this one ends up better...

Done. Last time, the same guy backed out of an even better trade. He was willing to do Welker and Martin for Green, Amendola, and Ballard. I finally talked him into sending me Jordy instead and letting me remove Amendola.

The irony: I traded him Martin to begin with. I made an absolutely terrible trade early in the year when Martin was sucking. Sent him Martin, Matt Ryan, and Decker for Green, MJD, and Cam Newton. That trade did not work out well at all. Hopefully this one ends up better...

I think you did well on this trade. As much as it hurts to give up Green, you really needed the help at RB and Nelson should be a decent replacement. Gotta ask though, how long you planning on hanging on to Greg Jennings?

I think you did well on this trade. As much as it hurts to give up Green, you really needed the help at RB and Nelson should be a decent replacement. Gotta ask though, how long you planning on hanging on to Greg Jennings?

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. When I get to a computer, I will rep all of you that replied.

With Jennings, I just have him sitting on IR. I would definitely have cut him by now if he was using a roster spot that is for dang sure.

What really hurts is if I could have done it all over again and had not made the trade earlier in the season, I'd be dominating. My lineup would be:

Matt Ryan
Doug Martin
CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Megatron
Eric Decker
Jimmy Graham

That is a championship team IMO with Amendola, Maclin, and James Jones as key backups. Still though, I feel pretty confident with

Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Megatron
Jordy/Amendola
Graham

Just wish I had an upgrade at QB. I am hoping/expecting big things from Luck down the stretch though.

It's a PPR league by the way thus adding huge additional value to guys like Sproles.

Back