Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The "Should I accept this trade" thread

Me: Vincent Jackson
Him: Dez Bryant and Greg Jennings (or Dez Bryant or Greg Jennings)

What say you?

I like Jennings the most of those guys. Would have a hard time passing on that, but I would try to improve my bench by getting someone other than Bryant.

I like Jennings the most of those guys. Would have a hard time passing on that, but I would try to improve my bench by getting someone other than Bryant.

I feel the same way, but Jennings hasn't looked good and has been hurt a lot recently.

Jackson had a great game on Sunday..

What to do...

I'm a fan on V.Jax. I think him and Freeman are going to do very well together. I wouldn't make that trade.

I would keep Vincent... He has Dallas next but then Redskins, Chiefs, Saints, Vikings, Raiders

Thats some weak defenses....

Me: Megatron

Him: AP or Mcgahee/Crabtree/Schaub as a package

My backs suck, Bradshaw who's hurt, Ben Tate, deangelo Williams, Andre brown(recent wire pickup)...
At wr I have Demaryius T, G Jennings, and Stephen Hill.

It's a wash imo. all these guys have the same issues..

They all have had trouble in the past answering the bell week in week out..

All of their qb's have other options that can (usually do) overshadow them on any given week

don't be fooled by V jax..dude will be "questionable/out" before you know it

it's an even swap if you ask me..

My backs suck, Bradshaw who's hurt, Ben Tate, deangelo Williams, Andre brown(recent wire pickup)...

Megatron is about to go up against the titans defense next week...they have slow midgets all over their secondary....might want to wait a week before you offer this trade.

Megatron is about to go up against the titans defense next week...they have slow midgets all over their secondary....might want to wait a week before you offer this trade.

Yeah, but look at his RB's. He should probably do the trade for that purpose alone. I think AP's gettin ready to get going. I'd do it, but that's just my opinion

Yeah, but look at his RB's. He should probably do the trade for that purpose alone. I think AP's gettin ready to get going. I'd do it, but that's just my opinion

Yeah, my RB's stink. I drafted later in the first round. Plus, it's a traditional ESPN league and a non-PPR. Backs are the main source of points.

AP is going against San Francisco this week, so his value will probably drop. Calvin against Tenn ought to have a nice day. Might be able to get more in the trade if you wait until Monday. I'd want AP and MacGahee if possible, just throw in any of your current RBs.

Maybe i read it wrong, but the bolded underlined is the key there. I read it as:

AP for Megatron straight up or

Megatron for Mcgahee/Crabs & Schaub as a package.

& if the latter is the case i wouldn't do b/c Mcgahee is a tremendous step down from AP & your rb corps isn't improved that much.

In my big money league, my roster currently looks like this:

QB: Eli Manning, Luck
RB: Ray Rice, Andre Brown, Mikel Leshore, Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart and Fred Jackson
WR: Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB), Malcolm Floyd
TE: Dennis Pitta
K: Matt Bryant
DST: Buffalo

It's a PPR league, so I'm a little thin at WR. Since I now have quite a RB corps, I'm thinking of trying to finagle a trade for a starting WR for one of my RBs. I'm proposing a trade of AP for AJ Green to try to get discussions going. Other possibilities I could trade for are Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, etc. I'm thinking a hurt Fred Jackson for the hurt Hakeem Nicks would be great, because the guy who has Nicks also has CJ Spiller. Any ideas on this? I really need another WR.

I think Adrian Peterson for AJ Green is not a good trade for you, personally.
You've got Ray Rice and then a bunch of maybes at running back. AD and Ray Rice are an awesome 1-2 punch. Don't break that up.

Andre Brown has high trade value right now -- I'd be looking to sell high. As does Mikel Leshore. Fred Jackson for Nicks would be a steal if you could get it

So how about this trade given the lineup above:

I trade Adrian Peterson and (Fred Jackson or Andre Brown) for AJ Green and Matt Forte. (It's PPR)

Thoughts? I need another WR, and getting a stud would be nice. I can wait on Forte, but if he doesn't play for a few weeks, I'll be OK.

I trade Adrian Peterson and (Fred Jackson or Andre Brown) for AJ Green and Matt Forte. (It's PPR)

Thoughts? I need another WR, and getting a stud would be nice. I can wait on Forte, but if he doesn't play for a few weeks, I'll be OK.

AP for AJ is pretty much straight up.

Brown for Forte is lopsided in PPR.

I'd do it.

Adrian and Brown for AJ and Forte... Id do it

i wouldnt trade Jackson if you can wait for his return

In my big money league, my roster currently looks like this:

QB: Eli Manning, Luck
RB: Ray Rice, Andre Brown, Mikel Leshore, Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart and Fred Jackson
WR: Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB), Malcolm Floyd
TE: Dennis Pitta
DST: Buffalo

It's a PPR league, so I'm a little thin at WR. Since I now have quite a RB corps, I'm thinking of trying to finagle a trade for a starting WR for one of my RBs. I'm proposing a trade of AP for AJ Green to try to get discussions going. Other possibilities I could trade for are Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, etc. I'm thinking a hurt Fred Jackson for the hurt Hakeem Nicks would be great, because the guy who has Nicks also has CJ Spiller. Any ideas on this? I really need another WR.

Never been in a PPR league. Is it 1 pt/rcptn ??

I just cannot fanthom (sp?) trading "All Day" under any circumstances. In fact, I have him, A.J., Schaub, Floyd, and Antonio Gonzalez on my squad with the Jets D-S/T.

But then, as I said, I've never been in a PPR league. Not sure how the pts/reception changes the scoring. I guess it could be an extra 8-14 pts/game over the yardage that AP would provide. ....naaaah :)

In a different league I'm proposing a trade of me giving up Aaron Rodgers, Fred Jackson and Marques Colston for his Eli Manning, MJD and Kenny Britt. No PPR, 6 points per passing TD, and it's kind of a QB dominated league. I think it's a good trade, but I expect the guy to counter by swapping Fred Jackson for Willis McGahee. I don't want to give up McGahee, but I think it's still a good trade if I have too.

In a different league I'm proposing a trade of me giving up Aaron Rodgers, Fred Jackson and Marques Colston for his Eli Manning, MJD and Kenny Britt. No PPR, 6 points per passing TD, and it's kind of a QB dominated league. I think it's a good trade, but I expect the guy to counter by swapping Fred Jackson for Willis McGahee. I don't want to give up McGahee, but I think it's still a good trade if I have too.

It would depend on your other backs...I don't think Jackson has as much value with his injuries and Spillers emergence.

I have Aaron Rodgers and Fred Jackson (my 1st and 2nd overall picks). The are k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. I'm giving Rodgers this start vs New Orleans to do something or I'm trading him myself.

Señor Stan;2024078 said:
It would depend on your other backs...I don't think Jackson has as much value with his injuries and Spillers emergence.

I have Aaron Rodgers and Fred Jackson (my 1st and 2nd overall picks). The are k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. I'm giving Rodgers this start vs New Orleans to do something or I'm trading him myself.

Other backs are Peterson, McGahee, Tashard Choice and Darryl Richardson. I'm very thin at RB. Lots of good WRs though, AJ Green, Reggie Wayne, Malcolm Floyd and Colston. I can part with one of those guys for a solid RB to play in the flex every week.

Well, in the PPR league, I got the guy to accept my Fred Jackson for Hakeem Nicks. We'll see if it goes through, but I think it's even.

Ok, I got a counter offer for my non-ppr league. Here's my roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Kolb
RB: Willis McGahee, Adrian Peterson, Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice, Daryl Richardson
WR: AJ Green, Malcom Floyd, Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston
TE: Dennis Pitta, Fred Davis
DST: Packers

I'm 2-1 in this league, and barely made that much. I'm pretty hurt at RB, and WRs are kind of weak in this league with no PPR. QBs rule, they get 6 points per TD passing, 1 point per 25 yards passing, and -2 for INT or fumbles lost. QBs tend to get a lot of points, so it's good to have a great one. I'm not too happy with Rodgers so far, and I'm willing to bail on him for a guy like Eli Manning. Manning to me is a great fantasy option because the Giants love to throw so much, and he's very clutch. I consider him an upgrade at this point. So here's the offer:

·Britt, Kenny WR TEN
·Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC
·Manning, Eli QB NYG
for:
·Jackson, Fred RB BUF
·Green, A.J. WR CIN
·Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

I don't want to give up AJ Green, but he said he could do it for Reggie Wayne instead. I think that's a good deal for me, what do you guys think?

RB: Willis McGahee, Adrian Peterson, Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice, Daryl Richardson

I'm 2-1 in this league, and barely made that much. I'm pretty hurt at RB, and WRs are kind of week in this league with no PPR. QBs rule, they get 6 points per TD passing, 1 point per 25 yards passing, and -2 for INT or fumbles lost. QBs tend to get a lot of points, so it's good to have a great one. I'm not too happy with Rodgers so far, and I'm willing to bail on him for a guy like Eli Manning. Manning to me is a great fantasy option because the Giants love to throw so much, and he's very clutch. I consider him an upgrade at this point. So here's the offer:

·Britt, Kenny WR TEN
·Manning, Eli QB NYG
for:
·Jackson, Fred RB BUF
·Green, A.J. WR CIN
·Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

I don't want to give up AJ Green, but he said he could do it for Reggie Wayne instead. I think that's a good deal for me, what do you guys think?

If QBs really rule.... then I think you stick with Aaron Rodgers. I've had Manning last year and this year, and he'll put up ridiculous numbers one week and disappoint the next. He's streaky.

Rodgers has started slowly, but he's still the #1 fantasy QB by a long shot.

Rodgers > manning.
AJ Green >>> Britt
Jackson << MJD

Thats how I see it. I don't think this is a bad trade, but I probably wouldn't do it. If you could do it for Reggie Wayne it may be worth it, but I still feel like Reggie Wayne is better than Britt

At least wait until next week. Rodgers is probably going to put up big numbers against the Saints and his value will be up. His value is at its lowest right now imo

I'm 2-1 in this league, and barely made that much. I'm pretty hurt at RB, and WRs are kind of weak in this league with no PPR. QBs rule, they get 6 points per TD passing, 1 point per 25 yards passing, and -2 for INT or fumbles lost. QBs tend to get a lot of points, so it's good to have a great one. I'm not too happy with Rodgers so far, and I'm willing to bail on him for a guy like Eli Manning. Manning to me is a great fantasy option because the Giants love to throw so much, and he's very clutch. I consider him an upgrade at this point. So here's the offer:

·Britt, Kenny WR TEN
·Manning, Eli QB NYG
for:
·Jackson, Fred RB BUF
·Green, A.J. WR CIN
·Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

Britt is fodder and your own the losing end. Dont do it unless he upgrades the offer at wr.

Definitely not doing it for Green, but Wayne I could possibly do. I can counter with Floyd to start, as he's worth less to me than Wayne. Green and Wayne at WR, MJD, AP and McGahee at RB, that would be pretty sweet. Manning at QB isn't so bad, and the upgrade at RB with MJD would probably more than make up for the points lost. I'm really down on Fred Jackson, and I really don't think he will do much this year aside from a few random games. Spiller is just too much better for him to get a considerable share of the load. I'm afraid that if I wait until after the games tomorrow, Fjax won't be worth squat and I'll have to use McGahee instead.

Definitely not doing it for Green, but Wayne I could possibly do. I can counter with Floyd to start, as he's worth less to me than Wayne. Green and Wayne at WR, MJD, AP and McGahee at RB, that would be pretty sweet. Manning at QB isn't so bad, and the upgrade at RB with MJD would probably more than make up for the points lost. I'm really down on Fred Jackson, and I really don't think he will do much this year aside from a few random games. Spiller is just too much better for him to get a considerable share of the load. I'm afraid that if I wait until after the games tomorrow, Fjax won't be worth squat and I'll have to use McGahee instead.

If you can downgrade off of green to a different wr I would consider it...or if he gives you something better then britt. As it stands the deal is basically 3 players for 2. So pass.

I think Rodgers + Jackson = MJD + Manning is a good trade for you.

I think Rodgers + Jackson = MJD + Manning is a good trade for you.

Yeah thats even. My problem is green and britt. If you dont get more value there I balk. Curious to see where those players were drafted in your league and if that can be used as a negotiating tool.

Yeah thats even. My problem is green and britt. If you dont get more value there I balk. Curious to see where those players were drafted in your league and if that can be used as a negotiating tool.

12 team draft, number drafted overall:

Rodgers 1
MJD 18
FJax 34
Manning 47
Reggie Wayne 72
Floyd 105

He also has Lesean McCoy, Stevie Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and Santonio Holmes. All are rather inconsistent, so he's looking to upgrade the WR spot. That's why I'm willing to take the hit at WR and upgrade RB. I was trying to pawn off Colston in this deal originally, which makes it even better for me because he's my lowest performing WR.

I made him a counter of Wayne and Fjax for MJD and Holmes. We'll see what happens, but I think he's set on Rodgers for Manning.

Last edited:
12 team draft, number drafted overall:

Rodgers 1
MJD 18
FJax 34
Manning 47
Reggie Wayne 72
Floyd 105

He also has Lesean McCoy, Stevie Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and Santonio Holmes. All are rather inconsistent, so he's looking to upgrade the WR spot. That's why I'm willing to take the hit at WR and upgrade RB. I was trying to pawn off Colston in this deal originally, which makes it even better for me because he's my lowest performing WR.

I made him a counter of Wayne and Fjax for MJD and Holmes. We'll see what happens, but I think he's set on Rodgers for Manning.

Im not a fan of that trade... but im really high on wayne this yr. He has always been consistent with his numbers every week... holmes is very inconsistent and drops most of his passes (i have him too) i would love to trade him.... so consider this a loss.

On the other hand... MJD is a really good option, but fred jackson puts up really big number when healthy and he should be healthy and scoring big during the fantasy playoffs.

I wouldnt do this trade because i look mainly at the playoffs. Everything else just gets you there.

Wayne>holmes
MJD=Jackson (in the playoffs)

JMO

Alright should I accept this trade?

I would get AJ Green, MJD, and Cam Newton for Matt Ryan, Greg Jennings, and Doug Martin.

Should I do this?

Currently, my RBs are CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, and Michael Bush. My WRs are Megatron, Eric Decker, Amendola (injured), Jeremy Maclin, and Jennings.

So, would you accept this deal?

If not, do you have any suggestions of a deal I could offer. He is 0-5 and wants to shake up his team. I want to take advantage of this and buy low, especially on MJD. I predict he will do what he always does and really turn it on towards the end of the season.

I would get AJ Green, MJD, and Cam Newton for Matt Ryan, Greg Jennings, and Doug Martin.

Should I do this?

Currently, my RBs are CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, and Michael Bush. My WRs are Megatron, Eric Decker, Amendola (injured), Jeremy Maclin, and Jennings.

If not, do you have any suggestions of a deal I could offer. He is 0-5 and wants to shake up his team. I want to take advantage of this and buy low, especially on MJD. I predict he will do what he always does and really turn it on towards the end of the season.

I'd say take the deal and never look back. To be honest it looks like train robbery to me. Great trade for you...

I'd say take the deal and never look back. To be honest it looks like train robbery to me. Great trade for you...

Matt Ryan is the number 2 QB in fantasy right now. He looks like he has taken the step to become the next elite QB in the NFL. My league allows keepers this year if they were drafted in the third round or later. Ryan would likely be my keeper.

It isn't quite as lopsided as you suggest, but yes I feel good about the deal. Thanks a ton for your opinion. Rep to you.

Matt Ryan is the number 2 QB in fantasy right now. He looks like he has taken the step to become the next elite QB in the NFL. My league allows keepers this year if they were drafted in the third round or later. Ryan would likely be my keeper.

It isn't quite as lopsided as you suggest, but yes I feel good about the deal. Thanks a ton for your opinion. Rep to you.

Ah see, keeper status is important. Where was AJ Green selected? Could you keep him? I got him in the 4th in one league, but unfortunately no keepers in that one :( Where was MJD taken? Could you keep him if he was in the 3rd/4th?

If you are going for broke this year, I would take the trade. Matt Ryan is having a stellar year so far thanks to an easy schedule, but I wouldn't expect this much from him next year when he plays a 1st place schedule (Could get Manning, Eli, Griffin, Luck, etc in the 4th next year instead). Atlanta is on track to have the easiest QB scoring FF schedule, but Carolina is 4th, so it will probably even out in the end. Source Remember that next year the NFC South will not get to play the dumpster fire that is the AFC West.

MJD may be struggling so far this year, but he's a much better option than Doug Martin who has been even more disappointing. Add in the potential for Blount to steal carries and it gets worse for him. I'd go for the super bowl this year and take it!

Should I do this?

AJ green > jennings
MJD > Martin
Cam< Matt Ryan.

I would take this deal... Cam still has a high potential to score, he will score when he plays weak defenses but try to get a good back-up

Get Andre Johnson
Give up Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, or Stevie Johnson

Rank that trade 1, 2, 3 with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst. If you wouldn't do it, thats fine too

Get Andre Johnson

Rank that trade 1, 2, 3 with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst. If you wouldn't do it, thats fine too

1. Stevie Johnson
2. VJax
3. Reggie Wayne (bad trade IMO)

Get Andre Johnson

I'll make ist Easy for you: don't trade for AJ... He is way too inconsistent fantasy/wise.

Reggie Bush for Demeryius Thomas.

I get Thomas. My other RBs are Trent Richardson and Adrian Paterson and Mikel Leshure
My other WRs are Reggie Wayne, Stevie Johnson, and Vincent Jackson

Its a keeper league. You can keep up to 2 keepers at the price you paid for them at auction.
He paid $17 for Demerius Thomas
I pad $11 for Bush

At this point, I think keeping Bush is probably the smarter move because $11 is really cheap. The only reason i wouldn't keep Bush is because I also have Eli Manning ($11) and Trent Richardson ($30) that are good values...

what to do...

He's also got Julio Jones but he paid $1 for him (he was a keeper last season) so I doubt he's going to want to trade him

Reggie Bush for Demeryius Thomas.

I get Thomas. My other RBs are Trent Richardson and Adrian Paterson and Mikel Leshure
My other WRs are Reggie Wayne, Stevie Johnson, and Vincent Jackson

Its a keeper league. You can keep up to 2 keepers at the price you paid for them at auction.
He paid $17 for Demerius Thomas
I pad $11 for Bush

At this point, I think keeping Bush is probably the smarter move because $11 is really cheap. The only reason i wouldn't keep Bush is because I also have Eli Manning ($11) and Trent Richardson ($30) that are good values...

what to do...

He's also got Julio Jones but he paid $1 for him (he was a keeper last season) so I doubt he's going to want to trade him

I love Demariyus. He hasn't had a bum week yet for me.

I think he can only get better while he develops chemistry with Manning. I also think Daniel Thomas is on the rise and is going to start getting some of Reggie's carries.

I just traded Adrian peterson for Larry Fitzgerald. Neither are setting the world on fire. And peterson probably has a bit more value since starting rb's are in high demand. But I was desperate for a reciever since my only true consistent wr is Reggie wayne. My other three are Steve Smith, Andrew hawkins and Devone bess. I still have Demarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch as my staters at Rb's. And we starts 3 wideouts.

Being in a 14 team league is definately a challenge. Relying on the likes of Hawkins and Bess is not easy.

Back