Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Houston Texans Draft Days Discussion Thread

The Texans don't have a true starting NFL inline TE. The penalty machine is a back-up Free agent. The draft pick from last year is a pass catching move TE (giant WR if anything)
I like that back-up FA penalty machine.

Still I agree, he might not make it out of camp & the Texans don’t seem to be helping him. They’re putting him on notice.

We knew that they could not address the every need in the draft. But the biggest surprise to me was that no DE was taken. And looking at the UDFAs being brought in they are heavily adding DBs and DTs despite adding to those positions in the draft.

Either they feel really good about their DE situation or they are planning to make a move… hopefully that move is signing Rasheem Green.

We all know they couldn't address all the positions in this draft. Maybe next year we get some decent linemen for the defense. And offense. I really hope we don't have to address the QB situation next draft. That would be a plus.

I’m pretty happy with the draft.

I didn’t get into it much this year, but I can see the theory behind the picks and I’ve got some young guys to cheer for.

Happy enough.

Now we wait to see if The Neck is any good.
Agree - it is what it is. Now we wait to see them play for at least a half a season.

Count again. With a one back set, you could have one WR, provided he didn't line up on the LOS. One of the TE's also has to line up off the LOS.
Bourbon related post. And math was never my strong suit! Lol

Even though, one of those TEs needs to be a pass catching dude. I actually like that formation though. Lots of possibilities.

Gonna be honest guys, I am drinking the Kool-Aid again. I like this draft and really like the pieces they are surrounding Mills with. I think we have a chance to see big improvements from this team and an outside shot to compete for the last playoff spot. Not expecting to win a Superb Owl yet, but I see the vision and like the building blocks we are establishing.

From the athletic. Grade B+ on draft

"There’s a lot to like here. I completely understand taking a swing on Stingley at No. 3. He has elite cover skills and plays a premium position. There’s real upside there. The Texans traded back before taking Green. That pick felt like a bit of a reach, but Green is young (will play his rookie season at 21 years old) and versatile (made starts at four different positions in college).
Trading up for Metchie seemed too aggressive. The Texans gave up the equivalent of the 56th overall pick in that deal, according to one trade chart. Metchie is a fine prospect, but the Texans have holes all over their roster and didn’t need to give up two additional fourth-round picks to land him.
Pitre is a really fun player. Harris has upside to develop into a plus starter. And Pierce runs with violence. Overall, the Texans made nine picks. For the most part, I like what they did (I know, I’m as surprised as you are)."

We all know they couldn't address all the positions in this draft. Maybe next year we get some decent linemen for the defense. And offense. I really hope we don't have to address the QB situation next draft. That would be a plus.
I think they are higher on the OL & DL talent they already have.

I feel the same way. I do not think talent was the issue.

I think they are higher on the OL & DL talent they already have.

I feel the same way. I do not think talent was the issue.

We're going to find out on the ol side of things. One thing that will be telling is if they pickup Howard's 5th yr option.

On the DL side, Caserio still needs to find a premium pass rusher and a big bodied DT to help stop Henry/Taylor.

Caserio has accomplished alot in this draft, but there's still much work to be done.

Surprised

He hasn't played up to that level of money.

poor coaching, poor scheme, moving him around like a ping pong ball might have a little something to do with that. If they plant his ass at RT and leave home there and Warhol coaches him up, he is going to be fine.

poor coaching, poor scheme, moving him around like a ping pong ball might have a little something to do with that. If they plant his ass at RT and leave home there and Warhol coaches him up, he is going to be fine.

I'm just hoping he can stay healthy all season. That will be a 1st.

Howard didn't impress me at RT.

Back